BHU RET 2019 – The Banaras Hindu University (BHU) invite the applicants for P.hD, programme for the academic year 2019-20 for exempted category candidates. Candidates willing to seek admission in the above courses will have to undergo BHU RET 2019 (Research Entrance Test) and also direct admission (RET-Exempted). BHU RET Exempted Category phd admission 2019 has been released. Interested candidates must fulfill the eligibility criteria and fill the application form for the same. Aspirants should fill the application form before the due date to avoid the end moment hassle. Candidates are advised to fill the application form after fulfilling the eligibility conditions otherwise their form will get rejected. To know all the information related to BHU RET 2019 refer to this page.
BHU RET 2019
BHU RET 2019 is conducted for the students who are willing to take admission in the Ph.D. programme. The interested candidates can fill the form for admission to Ph.D. programmes through the Research Entrance Test (RET) 2019 and Direct Admission (RET-Exempted). Candidates can check the dates of BHU RET 2019 from the table below.
|BHU RET 2019||Important Dates|
|Availability of RET (Exempted) ONLINE Form on the Entrance Test Portal||01 Mar 2019|
|Last date to submit the application forms||15 Mar 2019|
|Date of Test B/Counselling/ Admissions||28 Mar 2019|
|RET for Ph.D. & Integrated M.Phil Programmes|
|Test A||To Be Announced|
|Candidate(s) are advised to visit University website (www.bhuonline.in) for regular updates regarding the entrance test after the second week of November 2019 for the results of the RET, names of the shortlisted candidates in each discipline and date/time and venue of the test|
BHU RET 2019 Eligibility Criteria
Before filling the application form candidates should fulfill the eligibility conditions first. If a candidate fails to meet the eligibility criteria and then also fil the application form then their application form is liable to get rejected/canceled. Candidates can check the eligibility criteria given below.
For Ph.D. programmes –A candidate shall be required to have passed the qualifying examination securing the minimum percentage of marks and a minimum of 50 marks in Academic Record as per details given below:
Faculties of Arts, Social Sciences, Science:
Qualifying Examination: Master‟s degree in the concerned subject OR Masters degree in any one of the allied subjects. However,
- For admission to Ph.D. in Women‟s Studies, Peace Research, Public Administration and Nepal Studies candidates holding Post Graduate degree in any discipline of Social Science/ Science/ Humanities/ Management would be eligible. Further candidates having postgraduate degree in Nepali Language and Culture are also eligible for Ph.D. in Nepal Studies.
- For admission to Ph.D. in Subaltern Studies candidates holding M.Phil. degree in Subaltern Studies would be eligible. Candidates who have done M.Phil. in Subaltern Studies from the Banaras Hindu University shall be considered for direct admission to Ph.D. in Subaltern Studies without appearing in the RET. However, such candidates who have obtained the M.Phil. from other Universities are required to appear in the RET for Subaltern Studies.
- For admission to Ph.D. in Geophysics, candidates holding BE/B.Tech. degree in Mining Engineering, Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Environmental Science and Technology would also be eligible.
- For admission to Ph.D. in Molecular and Human Genetics, candidates holding BE/B.Tech. degree in Biotechnology, Bioscience & Bioengineering, Biomedical engineering, Biochemical Engineering, Materials Science and Pharmaceutical Engineering would also be eligible.
- For admission to Ph.D. in Mathematical Sciences under its main-discipline quota, the candidates holding PG degrees in their allied subjects (as per Appendix I) are allowed to appear in the RET of Mathematical Sciences.
- For admission to Ph.D. in Human and Clinical Genetics (in Centre for Genetic Disorders), under their main-discipline quota, the candidates holding PG degrees (M.Sc./MD/MS/MDS/M.Tech./DM) in their allied subjects (as per Appendix I) are allowed to appear in the RET of Human and Clinical Genetics.
Faculty of Performing Arts
Degree in any discipline and having passed any one of the following examinations other than Performing Arts: Sangeet Nipun Examination of Bhatkhande Vidyapeeth, Lucknow; (b) Sangeet Praveen Examination of Prayag Sangeet Samiti, Allahabad; (c) Sangeet Alankar Examination of Gandharva Mahavidyalaya, Mumbai; (d) Sangeet Kovid Examination of Indra Kala Sangeet Vishwavidyalaya, Khairagarh, C.G.
Sanskrit Vidya Dharm Vigyan Sankay
Qualifying Examination: Acharya degree in the concerned subject OR (ii) Acharya or equivalent degree in any one of the allied subjects
Faculty of Commerce
Qualifying Examination: Master‟s degree in Commerce (M.Com.)/Master of Finance and Control (M.F.C.)/ Master of Financial Management (MFM) / Master of Risk and Insurance Management (MRIM)/ Master of Financial Management (Risk & Insurance) (MFMRI)/Master of Foreign Trade (MFT)/Master of Business Management (M.B.M.), Master of Business Administration OR in allied areas namely, M.A. in Economics/ Psychology, Chartered Accountancy (C.A.) of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, Costs & Works Accountancy of the Institute of Costs & Works Accountants of India (I.C.W.A.I.), the Company Secretaryship of the Institute of Company Secretaries of India (I.C.S.I.).
Faculty of Management Studies
Qualifying Examination: Master‟s degree in Business Management (M.B.M.), Management Studies/ Management Sciences (M.M.S.), Business Administration (M.B.A.), International Business Administration (M.I.B.A.), International Business (M.I.B.), M.B.A. (AgriBusiness) OR Two years postgraduate diploma in Management from any one of the Indian Institutes of Management (I.I.Ms)/or First Class in two year full time PGDM declared equivalent to Master’s Degreee in Management by AIU/accredited by AICTE/UGC or Xavier Labour Relations Institute (X.L.R.I.), Jamshedpur or Management Development Institute (M.D.I.), Gurgoan or Institute of Management and Technology (I.M.T.), Ghaziabad or Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (I.I.F.T.), New Delhi or International Management Institute (I.M.I.), New Delhi or School of Management Sciences, Varanasi and Lucknow or First class graduate and professionally qualified Chartered Accountant/Cost and Works Accountant/Company Secretary of the concerned statutory bodies.
Faculty of Law
Qualifying Examination: Master‟s Degree in the concerned discipline.
Faculty of Education
Qualifying Examination: M.Ed./M.A. (Education)/ Master‟s degree in Special Education [M.Ed. (Spl.)] / OR (ii) Masters degree in any one of the allied subjects (Indian Philosophy and Religion, Philosophy, Economics, History, Political Science, Psychology, Sociology)
Faculty of Medicine
Qualifying Examination: (i) Doctor of Medicine (M.D.)/ Master of Surgery (M.S.)/ Doctoratus of Medicinus (D.M.)/ Magister Chirurgiae (M.Ch.)/ Diplomate of National Board (D.N.B) in the concerned subject recognized by the Medical Council of India. OR (ii) M.Sc. in the concerned subject OR (iii) Master‟s degree in any one of the allied subjects.
Faculty of Ayurveda
Qualifying Examination: (i) M.D.(Ay.)/ M.S.(Ay.) recognized by Central Council of Indian Medicine (CCIM). OR (ii) Master‟s degree in any one of the allied subjects.
Faculty of Dental Sciences
Qualifying Examination: Master‟s Degree in Dental Surgery or Master‟s degree in any one of the allied subjects.
Faculty of Visual Arts
Qualifying Examination: Bachelor‟s degree in Fine Arts under four year course and Master‟s degree in Fine Arts: (i) MFA in applied Art or (ii) MFA in Plastic Arts (Sculpture) or (iii) MFA in Painting or (iv) in Textile Design or (v) MFA in Pottery Ceramic
Faculty of Enviornment & Sustainable Development:
Qualifying Examination: Essential: A candidate having Master‟s degree in the concerned subject OR (ii) Masters degree in any one of the allied subjects, namely, Agriculture (all disciplines), Applied Chemistry, Applied Microbiology, Applied Physics, Bachelor of Technology, Biochemsitry, Bio-informatics, Biotechnology, Botany, Chemistry, Economics, Education, Environmental Engineering, Environmental Science, Geography, Geology, Geophysics, Home Science (Extension Education OR Food and Nutrition), Law, Life Science, Material Science & Technology, Medical Sciences, Microbiology, Wildlife Biology, Physics, Zoology, Statistics, Pharmacy, Remote Sensing & GIS, Pharmacology, Sociology, provided the candidate has opted at least one paper related to environment and/or sustainable development.
Qualifying Marks for All Courses Admission:
At least 55% in the aggregate or equivalent grade point average in the qualifying examination.
BHU RET 2019 Application Form
The BHU RET 2019 Application Form is available in online mode on the BHU’s entrance test portal, www.bhuonline.in. Candidates must note that the entire application process is in online mode. No candidate will be allowed to submit the form in offline mode. Candidates must fill the necessary details like personal details, contact details, and educational qualifications etc. To complete the application process candidates should also pay the requisite fee.
Application Fee:The Candidate desirous of applying for admission to Ph.D., Integrated M.Phil-Ph.D. or M.Phil. programmes shall pay the following Application Processing Fee/Entrance Test Fee:
|SC / ST / PWD||Rs. 250/-|
Mode of Payment: The application fee can be paid through credit card/ debit card or through the payment gateway. This is as per the last year details. If in case there will be any changes in the mode of payment then it will be updated here.
Note: The application fee once submitted will not be refunded under any circumstances.
BHU RET 2019 Admit Card
Candidates who will submit the Application form on time will be issued admit cards. The admit card will be made available to the candidates on the official website www.bhuonline.in. To download the admit card/hall ticket candidates will have to enter their uniques registration ID. Candidates will also be informed through SMS on their registered mobile number about the issuance of the admit card. No candidate will be allowed to enter the test hall without a valid admit card so It is advised that candidates should not forget to carry the same on the day of the exam.
BHU RET 2019 Exam Pattern
The Research Entrance Test (RET) will be comprising of Two tests.
- Test A: It will be based on Subject Knowledge, Assessment of Logical and Analytical Capability and Research Methodology.
- Test B: It will cover Research proposal and Personal Interview to test aptitude for research
Test – A: Candidates will be assessed on their subject knowledge at the concerned Master‟s level subject and related area. It will also consist of questions on research methodology. The objective type test will be aimed to test the logical and analytical capabilities of the candidate, rather than memory power of candidates.
- 40% questions will be based on the Foundation of Research, Problem identification, and formulation, Research design, Qualitative and Quantitative Research, Measurement, Sampling, Data Analysis, Interpretation of Data, Paper Writing, Use of Encyclopedias and tools, etc. While other 60% questions would be of Master‟s level of the subject and areas concerned.
- Number of Questions: 100 objective type questions.
- The Duration of the exam: 120 minutes and
- Maximum Marks: 300 marks.
- Marking Scheme: Each question will carry 03 (three) marks for correct answer and 01 (one) mark will be deducted for every incorrect answer.
- Candidate must obtain at least 35% marks in Test A to be eligible for further admission process.
Test – B: It will cover Research proposal and Personal Interview
Candidates will be called 4 times of the total availability of seats in the order of merit. Candidates belonging to RET -exempted category will also be required to take TEST-B for the selection process.
- The Test – B will be conducted in the concerned department/school/centre by a Board to be appointed for the purpose and will be carrying a total of 50 (fifty) marks for its two components, viz., writing one-two page research proposal (25 marks) followed by a personal interview (25 marks).
- All the candidates called for this Test will have to write on the spot research proposal of their choice in 30 min and submit the same to the HOD/COS/COC. The Research proposal need is not necessarily be related to the work that the candidate will actually carry out if registered for Ph.D.
- This would essentially be a hypothetical research proposal wherein the candidate will provide a title and write the objective/s, methodology, and possible outcomes.
- The Interview Board will examine the Research proposal submitted by the candidate and ask questions relating to it and other questions, including those relating to the area in which the candidate expects to undertake research, if selected, to test his/her competence for research in the discipline.
- Candidate ’s applying in more than one discipline will appear for Test B separately in each of the disciplines for which he/she has applied and shortlisted.
Note: There shall be negative marking at TEST A and Test B of RET. No scrutiny/revaluation of the answer books of the RET shall be allowed.
BHU RET 2019 Exam Centers
The entrance test was conducted at places mentioned below as per the last year records. In case there will be any changes in the number of test centers then, it will be updated here. Applicants should note that the exam center once chosen will not be changed in any case. Therefore, candidates should choose the exam center wisely. The conducting body holds the right to cancel any of the Centres except Varanasi without specifying the reason.
Previous Year Test A was held at the following places:
- New Delhi
Test B will be conducted at the concerned Department/School/Centre of BHU, Varanasi only.
BHU RET 2019 Qualifying Marks
Candidates must obtain the qualifying marks to be eligible to take admission in the specific discipline. However, candidates must note that securing minimum composite index requirement does not guarantee registration for Ph.D.
BHU RET 2019 Merit List
Banaras Hindu University will release the merit list for the RET category candidates on the basis of composite index prepared by adding marks secured by a candidate in Test A and Test B and Academic Record. For RET (Exempted) category candidates, merit list will be prepared based on the composite index prepared by adding marks scored by a candidate in Test B and Academic Record. The separate merit lists will be prepared for RET and RET-exempted candidates by the Interview Board for the discipline.
BHU RET 2019 Result
The result will be declared on the basis of the number of vacancies available. An equal number of merit list for the waitlisted candidates in the order of merit will be released in case if the seats remain vacant. The names of the RET-Exempted candidates who will be qualified after Test B will also be announced in the order of merit. Based on the final order of merit candidates will be offered admission through RET/RET (Exempted) by the Head of the Department/Coordinator of the School/Centre. Candidates must check the course allocation page on their portal on the counseling day and afterward as well. Candidates should do the payment of the admission fee before the last date to avoid any kind of cancelation of the admission.
BHU RET 2019 Counseling
As per the last year information the counseling was held in a computerized form. Candidates should be present at the allotted date/time of counseling. Candidates must also not forget to carry the relevant documents on the day of counseling. So, candidates should bring original as well as photocopies of the relevant documents on the allotted date.
BHU RET 2019 Selection Process
On the basis of the final order of merit, the admission will be offered to the RET/RET (Exempted) selected candidates by the Head of the Department/Coordinator of the School/Centre prescribing therein the last date of depositing the fee.
Candidates belonging to the reserved category will also be eligible for the reservation. Different categories candidate can check the relaxation percent from below.
SC Category – 15%
ST Category – 7.5%
OBS Category – 27%
PWD Category – 5%
BHU RET Previous Year Question Paper
Question Papers of the previous years will help you prepare for the Entrance Test. Click the following links to download the respective old question paper.
Official Website: www.bhuonline.in
For More Details, about BHU RET 2019 refer 2018’s – Download Information Brochure
Insofar, Official details for BHU RET Exempted category 2019 admission has been announced. Rest of the Information on this page is based on last year information brochure and for reference purpose only. As soon as Banaras Hindu University (BHU) will release BHU RET 2019 information brochure, details will be updated here.