BHU RET 2020-2021: Banaras Hindu University has released the admit card for the admission test of M.Phil and Ph.D Courses. Whereas, BHU RET 2021 Exam Date is 11 April 2021. All interested and eligible candidates can check the latest updates on BHU RET 2020-2021 from the official site i.e. bhuonline.in or also follow this article. All those candidates who have passed the examination in 10+2+3+2 pattern are eligible to apply for BHU RET 2021. Candidates can check all the information regarding BHU RET 2020-2021 below.
– BHU has RET exempted candidates who can upload their documents up to April 15, 2021, if not done earlier.
– BHU RET 2020 – 2021 Admit Card is released now. Download Here
– BHU RET 2021 Exam will be held on 11 April 2021. Scroll down to exam date changed notice.
BHU RET 2020-2021
The admission of candidates in a research discipline shall be done only when they satisfy all the eligibility requirements of BHU for RET, and also qualifies in the Entrance Test. Candidates can check the important dates and events related to BHU RET 2021 below.
|BHU RET||Important Dates|
|Availability of RET-2021 Form||01 Feb 2021|
|Last date for online submission of application forms||22 Feb 2021|
|Downloading Admit Card for RET 2021||05 Apr 2021|
|Online Test Date||11 Apr 2021|
|Release of Answer key||to be announced|
|Last date to submit the objection in the Answer Key||to be announced|
|Declaration of RET – Agriculture Test A Result||to be announced|
|Counselling Date of RET/RET – Exempted Candidates||to be announced|
BHU RET 2021 Exam Date – Changed
BHU RET 2021 Notification
BHU RET 2021 Exam Pattern
Candidates can check the examination pattern for BHU RET 2021 below. This exam pattern as per last year brochure.
- Test A: Test A is conducted for evaluating the Subject Knowledge, Assessment of Logical and Analytical Capability and Research Methodology of the candidates.
- Test B: Test B is conducted to evaluate the Research proposal and Personal Interview to test aptitude for research.
- Type of Questions: BHU RET 2021 shall contain MCQ type questions.
- Number of Questions: There shall be 100 objective type questions in BHU RET 2020.
- The Duration of the exam: BHU RET 2020 examination shall be of 120 minutes
- Maximum Marks: The maximum marks of the examination shall be 300 marks.
- Marking Scheme: Each question will carry 03 (three) marks for correct answer and 01 (one) mark will be deducted for every incorrect answer.
Test – B
- Duration of exam: BHU RET 2002 Test B shall be of 30 minutes
- Maximum Marks: The maximum marks for BHU RET 2020 Test B shall be 100
- Marking Scheme: Candidates shall receive their marks depending upon their performances and no specific scheme has been set for the same.
Candidates can check the section wise distribution of marks for BHU RET 2020-2021 below.
BHU RET 202 Important Books
Candidates can check the list of the important books for BHU RET 2020-2021 below.
|Naame of the book||Name of the author||Buy Here|
|Agrivision General Agriculture||M. Raghuramam |
Vijay Kumar Mishra,
|General Agriculture||Muniraj Singh Rathore||Buy Here|
|Objective Agriculture||S.R. Kantwa||Buy Here|
BHU RET 2020-2021 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates can check the eligibility criteria for BHU RET 2020-2021 below.
Ph.D Programme: Candidates are required to be passed in the qualifying examination and they are also required to score a minimum of 50 marks in the qualifying examination. Candidates can check the detailed eligibility for BHU RET 2020-2021 below.
Faculty of Agriculture: For admission to the agriculture courses candidates are required to have passed any one of the below-given examinations.
- Masters degree in Agriculture (M.Sc.(Ag)/M.Sc.) in the concerned discipline with B.Sc. (Ag.)/B.Sc.(Hons)Ag. 4 years degree Or
- Master‟s degree in Agriculture [M.Sc. (Ag.) / M.Sc.] in any one of the allied subjects/ disciplines with B.Sc. (Ag.)/ B.Sc. (Hons)Ag.
- B.Sc.(Horti.) 4 years background with post-graduation in the subject: M.Tech. in Agricultural Engineering / M.E.(Agricultural Engineering) or equivalent degree with specialization in Soil and Water Conservation Engineering / Irrigation and Drainage Engineering / Soil and Water Engineering / Water Resources Engineering or M.Sc. (Ag.) in Soil and Water Conservation for admission in Ph.D. in Agricultural Engineering (Soil and Water Conservation Engineering)
- For Animal Husbandry and Dairying B.Sc.(Ag.)/B.Sc.(Hons)Ag. will be considered as basic UG qualification plus M.Sc./M.Sc.(Ag.) in the concerned subject. If in place of B.Sc.(Ag.)/B.Sc.(Hons)Ag. the candidate has any other UG degree, the courses studied by him/her at UG stage should be atleast 60-70% in equivalence with B.Sc.(Ag.)/B.Sc.(Hons)Ag. course of I.Ag.Sc.
Candidates having 10+2+3+2 system of education are also eligible for admission to Ph.D courses through RET and RET (Exempted) in the below given disciplines:
- Food Science & Technology;
- Agricultural Statistics
Faculties of Arts, Social Sciences, Science: For admission to the Arts, Social Sciences, Science courses candidates are required to have passed any one of the below-given examinations.
- For applying to Ph.D. in Women‟s Studies, Peace Research, Public Administration and Nepal Studies candidates are required to have a Post Graduate degree in any discipline of Social Science/ Science/ Humanities/ Management would be eligible. Further candidates having a postgraduate degree in Nepali Language and Culture are also eligible for Ph.D. in Nepal Studies.
- For admission to Ph.D. in Subaltern Studies candidates holding M.Phil. degree in Subaltern Studies would be eligible and the candidates who have passed the M.Phil degree of Subaltern Studies from BHU can get the direct admission.
- For Ph.D. in Geophysics, candidates having BE/B.Tech. degree in Mining Engineering, Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Environmental Science and Technology.
- For Ph.D. in Human and Clinical Genetics (in Centre for Genetic Disorders), under their main-discipline quota, the candidates holding PG degrees (M.Sc./MD/MS/MDS/M.Tech./DM) in their allied subjects
Faculty of Performing Arts: For admission to the Performing Arts courses candidates are required to have passed any one of the below-given examinations.
- Sangeet Nipun Examination of Bhatkhande Vidyapeeth, Lucknow
- Sangeet Praveen Examination of Prayag Sangeet Samiti, Allahabad
- Sangeet Alankar Examination of Gandharva Mahavidyalaya, Mumbai
- Sangeet Kovid Examination of Indra Kala Sangeet Vishwavidyalaya, Khairagarh, C.G.
Sanskrit Vidya Dharm Vigyan Sankay: For admission to the Sanskrit Vidya Dharm Vigyan Sankay course candidates are required to have passed any one of the below-given examinations.
- Candidates are required to have Acharya degree in the concerned subject Or
- Acharya or equivalent degree in any one of the allied subjects
Faculty of Commerce: For admission to the Commerce courses candidates are required to have passed any one of the below-given examinations.
- Master‟s degree in Commerce (M.Com.)
- Master of Finance and Control (M.F.C.)
- Master of Financial Management (MFM)
- Master of Risk and Insurance Management (MRIM)
- Master of Financial Management (Risk & Insurance) (MFMRI)
- Master of Foreign Trade (MFT)
- Master of Business Management (M.B.M.)
- Master of Business Administration OR in allied areas namely
- M.A. in Economics/ Psychology
- Chartered Accountancy (C.A.) of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, Costs & Works Accountancy of the Institute of Costs & Works Accountants of India (I.C.W.A.I.), the Company Secretaryship of the Institute of Company Secretaries of India (I.C.S.I.).
Faculty of Management Studies: For admission to the Management Studies course candidates are required to have passed any one of the below-given examinations.
- Master‟s degree in Business Management (M.B.M.)
- Management Studies/ Management Sciences (M.M.S.)
- Business Administration (M.B.A.)
- International Business Administration (M.I.B.A.)
- International Business (M.I.B.)
- M.B.A. (AgriBusiness) OR
- Two years postgraduate diploma in Management from any one of the Indian Institutes of Management (I.I.Ms)/or First Class in two year full time PGDM declared equivalent to Master’s Degreee in Management by AIU/accredited by AICTE/UGC or Xavier Labour Relations Institute (X.L.R.I.), Jamshedpur or Management Development Institute (M.D.I.), Gurgoan or Institute of Management and Technology (I.M.T.), Ghaziabad or Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (I.I.F.T.), New Delhi or International Management Institute (I.M.I.), New Delhi or School of Management Sciences, Varanasi and Lucknow or First class graduate and professionally qualified Chartered Accountant/Cost and Works Accountant/Company Secretary of the concerned statutory bodies.
Faculty of Law: For admission to the Law courses candidates are required to have passed any one of the below-given examinations.
- Master‟s Degree in the concerned discipline.
Faculty of Education: For admission to these courses candidates are required to have passed any one of the below-given examinations.
- M.Ed./M.A. (Education)
- Master‟s degree in Special Education [M.Ed. (Spl.)]
- Masters degree in any one of the allied subjects (Indian Philosophy and Religion, Philosophy, Economics, History, Political Science, Psychology, Sociology)
Faculty of Medicine: For admission to the Medicine courses candidates are required to have passed any one of the below-given examinations.
- Doctor of Medicine (M.D.)
- Master of Surgery (M.S.)
- Doctorates of Medicinus (D.M.)
- Magister Chirurgiae (M.Ch.)
- Diplomate of National Board (D.N.B) in the concerned subject recognized by the Medical Council of India.
- M.Sc. in the concerned subject
- Master‟s degree in any one of the allied subjects.
Faculty of Ayurveda: For admission to the Ayurveda courses candidates are required to have passed any one of the below-given examinations.
- M.D.(Ay.)/ M.S.(Ay.) recognized by Central Council of Indian Medicine (CCIM).
- Master‟s degree in any one of the allied subjects.
Faculty of Dental Sciences: For admission to the Dental Science course candidates are required to have passed any one of the below-given examinations.
- Master‟s Degree in Dental Surgery
- Master‟s degree in any one of the allied subjects.
Faculty of Visual Arts: For admission to the Visual Arts course candidates are required to have passed any one of the below-given examinations.
- Bachelor‟s degree in Fine Arts under four year course and Master‟s degree in Fine Arts: (i) MFA in applied Art or (ii) MFA in Plastic Arts (Sculpture) or (iii) MFA in Painting or (iv) in Textile Design or (v) MFA in Pottery Ceramic
Faculty of Enviornment & Sustainable Development: For admission to the Environment and Sustainable development course candidates are required to have passed any one of the below-given examinations.
- A candidate having Master‟s degree in the concerned subject
- Masters degree in any one of the allied subjects, namely, Agriculture (all disciplines), Applied Chemistry, Applied Microbiology, Applied Physics, Bachelor of Technology, Biochemistry, Bio-informatics, Biotechnology, Botany, Chemistry, Economics, Education, Environmental Engineering, Environmental Science, Geography, Geology, Geophysics, Home Science (Extension Education OR Food and Nutrition), Law, Life Science, Material Science & Technology, Medical Sciences, Microbiology, Wildlife Biology, Physics, Zoology, Statistics, Pharmacy, Remote Sensing & GIS, Pharmacology, Sociology, provided the candidate has opted at least one paper related to environment and/or sustainable development.
Note: For admission to any of the courses under BHU RET 2020 candidates are required to have at least 55% in the aggregate or equivalent grade point average in the qualifying examination.
BHU RET 2020-2021 Application Form
All the interested and eligible candidates can collect the application form for BHU RET 2020-2021 from the official site of BHU. Candidates are required to enter all the asked details in the BHU RET 2020-2021 application form and submit the same in online mode only with all the required documents. Candidates are also required to pay an asked amount of BHU RET 2020-2021 application fee.
BHU RET 2020-2021 Application Fee
Candidates can check the expected amount of BHU RET 2020-2021 application fee below.
|SC / ST||Rs. 300/-|
Mode of Payment: Candidates can pay the application fee through credit card/debit card or by payment gateway.
Note: Candidates must note that once they will submit the BHU RET 2020-2021 application fee then it will not get refunded to them in any case.
Documents required for BHU RET 2020-2021
Candidates can check the list of the documents required for BHU RET 2020-2021 below.
- Adhar Card issued by UIDAI
- Passing Certificate of the qualifying examination
- Marksheet of the qualifying examination
How to apply for BHU RET 2020-2021?
Candidates can apply for BHU RET 2020-2021 by following the steps given below.
Step 1: At first candidates are required to go to the official site.
Step 2: Now candidates can click on the “Apply here” option to get the application form.
Step 3: Then candidates can enter all the required details correctly.
Step 4: Now candidates caan submit the form along with the required amount of the application fee.
BHU RET 2020-2021 Seat Reservation
Candidates can check the expected category wise seat reservation provided by BHU for RET 2020 below.
BHU RET 2020-2021 Admit Card
All those candidates who have successfully completed the registration process for BHU RET 2020 can download their admit card from the official site. All the candidates are required to download and print their admit cards for future references. Candidates shall get an SMS regarding the release of their admit card on their registered mobile number. All the applicants must go to the BHU RET 2021 exam center along with their admit card and valid id proof. BHU RET 2020 admit card of the candidates shall contain the name, roll number, father’s name of the candidates and it shall also contain the date and venue of the BHU RET 2020 examination.
BHU RET 2020-2021 Qualifying Marks
The expected qualifying marks for BHU RET 2020 is 35% for all the categories. All the candidates are required to score a minimum of 35% of marks in the Part A examination to appear for the Part B examination. Candidates shall get three marks for each correct answer and their 1 mark shall get deducted for each wrong answer. All the unattempted questions of the candidates shall get zero marks.
BHU RET 2020-2021 Result
BHU releases the result for BHU RET 2020-2021. The BHU RET 2020 result is prepared based on the number of vacancies available in the concerned course. BHU releases the BHU RET 2020 result with the names of all the selected candidates. It also releases an equal number of waitlist with the names of all the eligible waitlisted candidates. All the selected candidates of Test A are required to appear for the Test B and the result for Test B shall also be released on a merit basis. The merit list after the conduct of Test B shall be used as the final BHU RET 2020 result and the admission process shall move forward depending upon the same.
BHU RET 2020-2021Counseling
All the selected candidates of BHU RET 2020 are required to appear for the BHU RET 2020 counseling session. Candidates must go to the counseling center along with an original copy of all the required documents. Candidates are required to appear for the BHU RET 2020 counseling round at the given date and time.
Documents required for BHU RET 2020 Counselling
Candidates can check the list of the required documents for BHU RET 2020 counselling below.
- Marksheet of the qualifying examination (Original Copy)
- Certificate for the qualifying examination (Original Copy)
- Hall Ticket for the BHU RET 2020 examination (Original Copy)
Benaras Hindu University was established in the year 1916. It is situated in Uttar Pradesh India. It has about 30,000 students residing on campus, and hence it claims the title of the largest residential university of Asia. It offers various courses from Diploma level to Ph.D. level for the candidates. BHU is organized into 6 institutes and 14 faculties (streams) and about 140 departments. As of 2017, the total student enrolment at the university is 27,359 from 48 countries. The university has over 75 hostels for resident students.
BHU RET 2020 Exam Frequently Asked Questions
Ans : Banaras Hindu University conducts the BHU RET examination.
Ans : Candidates can apply for the BHU RET exam on the official site of BHU i.e. bhu.ac.in.
Ans : Candidates having a minimum of 55% marks in aggregate in the qualifying examination of their concerned courses are eligible to apply for BHU RET. For more details, candidates can check the official site of BHU.
Ans : Test A of BHU RET is conducted for evaluating the Subject Knowledge, Assessment of Logical and Analytical Capability and Research Methodology of the candidates and the Test B of BHU RET will evaluate the Research proposal and Personal Interview to test aptitude for research.
Ans : Candidates will get 3 marks for each correct answer and they will lose 1 mark for each wrong answer and there will be no addition or deduction of marks for unattempted answers in BHU RET Test A.
Ans : Candidates must reach the BHU RET Examination Center 2 hours prior to the examination.
Ans : Candidates must go to the BHU RET Examination Center along with a hard copy of their Admit Card and Aadhaar Card.
Ans : Candidates must note that the minimum qualifying marks for the Research Entrance Test have been fixed as 35% for all categories category.
Ans : BHU RET examination is a University level examination.
Ans : The Research Entrance Test (RET) will be comprising of Two tests. In Test A, candidates will be assessed on their subject knowledge at the concerned Master‟s level subject and related areas. It will also consist of questions on research methodology. The objective type test will be aimed to test the logical and analytical capabilities of the candidate, rather than the memory power of candidates. In Test, B candidates will cover Research proposal and Personal Interview
Official Website: bhuonline.in
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.