BHU RET 2018 – The Banaras Hindu University invites applications for admission to Ph.D. programmes through Research Entrance Test (RET) 2018 and Direct Admission (RET-Exempted) for the academic session 2018-19. Details of BHU RET 2018 application form, eligibility criteria, syllabus and other details are given in the post.
BHU RET 2018
Interested candidates can apply online before the last date of the submission. All the details related to BHU RET 2018 is given below. Candidates can check the details on the official website or on this page.
|Availability of RET/Integrated M.Phill – 2018 online Form||10 Aug 2018|
|Last date for submission of application forms of RET/Integrated M.Phill – 2018||30 Aug 2018|
|Downloading Admit Card for RET/Integrated M.Phil.-2018||25 Sep 2018|
|RET for Ph.D. & Integrated M.Phil Programmes|
|Test B||to be announced|
|Candidate(s) should visit the entrance test portal of the University (www.bhuonline.in) regularly after second week of November 2018 for the results of the RET, names of the shortlisted candidates in each discipline and date/time and venue of test.|
BHU RET Application Form
The Application Form for RET 2018 is now available on the BHU’s entrance test portal (www.bhuonline.in). The application form is to be filled up and submitted online. Detailed instruction for filling up the application form, online payment of application fee and online submission is also provided on the BHU’s entrance test portal. Candidates have to scan their photo and signature as per instruction is given in the portal and upload it. Candidates can fill their form from the link given below.
- The Application Form once submitted with the Application Processing/ Entrance Test Fee at concessional rate meant for SC/ST candidate shall be considered under SC/ST Category.
- The Application Processing/ Entrance Test Fee paid shall neither be refunded nor transferred to another discipline and shall also not be reserved for any subsequent year, in any case.
The Candidate desirous of applying for admission to Ph.D. programme shall pay the following Application Processing Fee/Entrance Test fee. After the candidate has filled up the application form online, he/she will have to make Online payment of Application Processing/Entrance Test Fee through credit card/ debit card through the payment gateway available on the Entrance test portal.
- For SC / ST: Rs. 250/-
- For Others: Rs. 500/-
For Admission to Ph.D. programmes –
A candidate shall be required to have passed the qualifying examination securing the minimum percentage of marks and a minimum of 50 marks in Academic Record as per details are given below:
- Qualifying Examination: Master‟s degree in Environmental Science, Environmental Science & Technology, Environmental Management, Environmental Science and Sustainable Development, Environmental Studies, and Environmental Biology OR Master‟s Degree in any one of the subjects in the environment related areas of in Physical Sciences, Life Sciences, Chemical Sciences, Medical Sciences, Agriculture, Earth Science, Atmospheric Science, Remote Sensing, Geoinformatics, Matehmatics, Statistics, Engineering & Technology OR M.A. in Economics with major/specialization in Environmental Economics OR M.A. in Sociology with major/specialization in Environmental Sociology OR M.A. in Rural Development OR LLB/LLM with major/specialization in Environmental Law OR Bachelor of Engineering/Technology in any branch/discipline;
- Qualifying Marks: At least 55% in aggregate or equivalent grade point average in the qualifying examination.
BHU RET Admit Card
Admit Card for BHU RET 2018 will be released online at the official website. It will be released after the successful completion of the application form. BHU RET 2018 Admit Card will be released only for those candidates who will fill the application form on time with the requisite fee. Candidates will be able to download the ADMIT CARD from the BHU Entrance Test Portal (www.bhuonline.in) by providing the unique registration ID allotted to them at the time of online submission of application form.
RET will have two components
- Test A: It will be based on Subject Knowledge, Assessment of Logical and Analytical Capability and Research Methodology.
- Test B: It will cover Research proposal and Personal Interview to test aptitude for research
Test – A: It is aimed as to assess the subject knowledge of the candidate at the Master‟s level in the concerned subject and related area. It will also contain the questions on research methodology. The MCQs would be aimed to test the logical and analytical capabilities of the candidate, rather than memory power of candidates.
- 40% questions related to methodology will cover the following aspects : Foundation of Research, Problem identification and formulation, Research design, Qualitative and Quantitative Research, Measurement, Sampling, Data Analysis, Interpretation of Data, Paper Writing, Use of Encyclopedias and tools, etc. While other 60% questions would be of Master‟s level of the subject and areas concerned.
- This will have total 100 MCQs.
- This test will have 120 minutes and 300 marks.
- Each question will carry 03 (three) marks for correct answer and 01 (one) mark will be deducted for a wrong answer.
- Candidate must secure a minimum of 35% marks in Test A to be eligible for further consideration.
Test – B: It will cover Research proposal and Personal Interview
- Candidate, approximately four times of the seats, based on merit, may be called for Test B. All eligible RET-exempt category candidates shall also take TEST-B of the selection process.
- The Test – B will be conducted in the concerned department/school/centre by a Board to be appointed for the purpose and will carry a total of 50 (fifty) marks for its two components, viz., writing one-two page research proposal (25 marks) followed by personal interview (25 marks).
- All the candidates called for this Test, will be asked to write on the spot research proposal of their choice in 30 min and submit the same to the HOD/COS/COC. The Research proposal need not be related to the work that the candidate may actually carry out if registered for Ph.D. This would
essentially be a hypothetical research proposal wherein the candidate will provide a title and write the objective/s, methodology and possible outcomes.
- The Interview Board will examine the Research proposal submitted by the candidate and ask questions relating to it and other questions, including those relating to the area in which the candidate expects to undertake research, if selected, to test his/her competence for research in the discipline.
- A candidate applying in more than one discipline, will appear at Test B separately in each of the
disciplines for which he/she has applied and shortlisted.
- There shall be negative marking at TEST A and Test B of RET. Three marks shall be awarded for each correct answer, while one mark shall be deducted for each incorrect answer. Un-attempted questions shall be awarded zero marks.
- No scrutiny/revaluation of the answer books of the RET shall be allowed.
BHU RET Merit List
Banaras Hindu University will publish the provisional merit list of Ph.D Admission test. The list will contain category wise provisional merit list of the candidates. Based on the final merit order, the concerned Admission Committee would release/ publish the RET -2018 and RET – Exempted – 2018 merit list of the candidates who are declared qualified for the said disciplines. The candidates may be advised to see the course allocation page on their portal on the counseling day and thereafter. In case a candidate is offered provisional admission, he/she must make payment of the admission fee before the deadline of fee payment given in the course allocation page of the portal failing which he/she shall forfeit his/her claim for the provisional admission and the said offer of admission will stand withdrawn.
However, if a candidate, on declaration of final merit list by various departments, stands selected for admission in more than one discipline, he/she shall be allowed to take admission in only one of the disciplines based on his/ her choice/ preference and merit in the discipline.
Based on the final merit order, offer of admission will be issued to the RET/RET (Exempted) selected candidates by the Head of the Department/Coordinator of the School/Centre prescribing therein the last date of depositing the fee.
- SC Category – 15%
- ST Category – 7.5%
- OBS Category – 27%
- PWD Category – 5%
BHU RET Previous Year Question Paper
Question Papers of the previous years will help you prepare for the Entrance Test. Click the following links to download the respective old question paper.
Official Website: www.bhuonline.in
For More Detail regarding BHU RET 2018 – Download Information Brochure