BHU RET 2019 – The Banaras Hindu University (BHU) will be inviting the applications for P.hD, programme for the academic year 2019-20 soon. Candidates willing to seek admission in the above courses will have to undergo BHU RET 2019 (Research Entrance Test) and also direct admission (RET-Exempted). Interested candidates must fulfill the eligibility criteria and fill the application form for the same. Aspirants should fill the application form before the due date to avoid the end moment hassle. Candidates are advised to fill the application form after fulfilling the eligibility conditions otherwise their form will get rejected. To know all the information related to BHU RET 2019 Refer this page.
BHU RET 2019
BHU RET 2019 will be conducted for the students who are willing to take admission in the Ph.D. programme. The interested candidates will be able to fill the form for admission to Ph.D. programmes through the Research Entrance Test (RET) 2019 and Direct Admission (RET-Exempted). Candidates can check the expected dates of BHU RET 2019 from the table below.
|BHU RET 2019||Important Dates (Expected)|
|Availability of RET/Integrated M.Phill – 2019 online Application Form||3rd week of Aug 2019|
|Last date to submit the application forms for RET/Integrated M.Phill – 2019||Last week of Aug 2019|
|Issuance of Admit Card||Last week of Sep 2019|
|RET for Ph.D. & Integrated M.Phil Programmes|
|Test A||Last week of Sep 2019|
|Test B||To Be Announced|
|Candidate(s) are advised to visit University website (www.bhuonline.in) for regular updates regarding the entrance test after the second week of November 2019 for the results of the RET, names of the shortlisted candidates in each discipline and date/time and venue of the test|
BHU RET 2019 Eligibility Criteria
Before filling the application form candidates should fulfill the eligibility conditions first. If a candidate fails to meet the eligibility criteria and then also fil the application form then their application form is liable to get rejected/canceled. Candidates can check the eligibility criteria given below.
For Ph.D. programmes – A candidate must have cleared the qualifying examination by obtaining at least 50% of marks in Academic Record as per details mentioned below:
- Qualifying Examination: Candidates must possess Master‟s degree in Environmental Science, Environmental Science & Technology, Environmental Management, Environmental Science and Sustainable Development, Environmental Studies, and Environmental Biology OR Master‟s Degree in any one of the subjects in the environment related areas of in Physical Sciences, Life Sciences, Chemical Sciences, Medical Sciences, Agriculture, Earth Science, Atmospheric Science, Remote Sensing, Geoinformatics, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering & Technology OR M.A. in Economics with major/specialization in Environmental Economics OR M.A. in Sociology with major/specialization in Environmental Sociology OR M.A. in Rural Development OR LLB/LLM with major/specialization in Environmental Law OR Bachelor of Engineering/Technology in any branch/discipline;
- Minimum Marks: Candidates must have obtained at least 55% of marks in aggregate or equivalent grade point average in the qualifying examination.
BHU RET 2019 Application Form
The BHU RET 2019 Application Form will be available in online mode on the BHU’s entrance test portal, www.bhuonline.in. Candidates must note that the entire application process is in online mode. No candidate will be allowed to submit the form in offline mode. Candidates must fill the necessary details like personal details, contact details, and educational qualifications etc. To complete the application process candidates should also pay the requisite fee.
Application Fee: The application fee given in the table below is as per the last year records. In case of any changes in the application fee, it will be updated here.
|SC / ST||Rs. 250/-|
Mode of Payment: The application fee can be paid through credit card/ debit card or through the payment gateway. This is as per the last year details. If in case there will be any changes in the mode of payment then it will be updated here.
Note: The application fee once submitted will not be refunded under any circumstances.
BHU RET 2019 Admit Card
Candidates who will submit the Application form on time will be issued admit cards. The admit card will be made available to the candidates on the official website www.bhuonline.in. To download the admit card/hall ticket candidates will have to enter their uniques registration ID. Candidates will also be informed through SMS on their registered mobile number about the issuance of the admit card. No candidate will be allowed to enter the test hall without a valid admit card so It is advised that candidates should not forget to carry the same on the day of the exam.
BHU RET 2019 Exam Pattern
The Research Entrance Test (RET) will be comprising of Two tests.
- Test A: It will be based on Subject Knowledge, Assessment of Logical and Analytical Capability and Research Methodology.
- Test B: It will cover Research proposal and Personal Interview to test aptitude for research
Test – A: Candidates will be assessed on their subject knowledge at the concerned Master‟s level subject and related area. It will also consist of questions on research methodology. The objective type test will be aimed to test the logical and analytical capabilities of the candidate, rather than memory power of candidates.
- 40% questions will be based on the Foundation of Research, Problem identification, and formulation, Research design, Qualitative and Quantitative Research, Measurement, Sampling, Data Analysis, Interpretation of Data, Paper Writing, Use of Encyclopedias and tools, etc. While other 60% questions would be of Master‟s level of the subject and areas concerned.
- Number of Questions: 100 objective type questions.
- The Duration of the exam: 120 minutes and
- Maximum Marks: 300 marks.
- Marking Scheme: Each question will carry 03 (three) marks for correct answer and 01 (one) mark will be deducted for every incorrect answer.
- Candidate must obtain at least 35% marks in Test A to be eligible for further admission process.
Test – B: It will cover Research proposal and Personal Interview
Candidates will be called 4 times of the total availability of seats in the order of merit. Candidates belonging to RET -exempted category will also be required to take TEST-B for the selection process.
- The Test – B will be conducted in the concerned department/school/centre by a Board to be appointed for the purpose and will be carrying a total of 50 (fifty) marks for its two components, viz., writing one-two page research proposal (25 marks) followed by a personal interview (25 marks).
- All the candidates called for this Test will have to write on the spot research proposal of their choice in 30 min and submit the same to the HOD/COS/COC. The Research proposal need is not necessarily be related to the work that the candidate will actually carry out if registered for Ph.D.
- This would essentially be a hypothetical research proposal wherein the candidate will provide a title and write the objective/s, methodology, and possible outcomes.
- The Interview Board will examine the Research proposal submitted by the candidate and ask questions relating to it and other questions, including those relating to the area in which the candidate expects to undertake research, if selected, to test his/her competence for research in the discipline.
- Candidate ’s applying in more than one discipline will appear for Test B separately in each of the disciplines for which he/she has applied and shortlisted.
Note: There shall be negative marking at TEST A and Test B of RET. No scrutiny/revaluation of the answer books of the RET shall be allowed.
BHU RET 2019 Exam Centers
The entrance test was conducted at places mentioned below as per the last year records. In case there will be any changes in the number of test centers then, it will be updated here. Applicants should note that the exam center once chosen will not be changed in any case. Therefore, candidates should choose the exam center wisely. The conducting body holds the right to cancel any of the Centres except Varanasi without specifying the reason.
Test A will be held at the following places:
- New Delhi
Test B will be conducted at the concerned Department/School/Centre of BHU, Varanasi only.
BHU RET 2019 Qualifying Marks
Candidates must obtain the qualifying marks 225/75 to be eligible to take admission in the specific discipline. However, candidates must note that securing minimum composite index requirement does not guarantee registration for Ph.D.
BHU RET 2019 Merit List
Banaras Hindu University will release the merit list for the RET category candidates on the basis of composite index prepared by adding marks secured by a candidate in Test A and Test B and Academic Record. For RET (Exempted) category candidates, merit list will be prepared based on the composite index prepared by adding marks scored by a candidate in Test B and Academic Record. The separate merit lists will be prepared for RET and RET-exempted candidates by the Interview Board for the discipline.
BHU RET 2019 Result
The result will be declared on the basis of the number of vacancies available. An equal number of merit list for the waitlisted candidates in the order of merit will be released in case if the seats remain vacant. The names of the RET-Exempted candidates who will be qualified after Test B will also be announced in the order of merit. Based on the final order of merit candidates will be offered admission through RET/RET (Exempted) by the Head of the Department/Coordinator of the School/Centre. Candidates must check the course allocation page on their portal on the counseling day and afterward as well. Candidates should do the payment of the admission fee before the last date to avoid any kind of cancelation of the admission.
BHU RET 2019 Counseling
As per the last year information the counseling was held in a computerized form. Candidates should be present at the allotted date/time of counseling. Candidates must also not forget to carry the relevant documents on the day of counseling. So, candidates should bring original as well as photocopies of the relevant documents on the allotted date.
BHU RET 2019 Selection Process
On the basis of the final order of merit, the admission will be offered to the RET/RET (Exempted) selected candidates by the Head of the Department/Coordinator of the School/Centre prescribing therein the last date of depositing the fee.
Candidates belonging to the reserved category will also be eligible for the reservation. Different categories candidate can check the relaxation percent from below.
SC Category – 15%
ST Category – 7.5%
OBS Category – 27%
PWD Category – 5%
BHU RET Previous Year Question Paper
Question Papers of the previous years will help you prepare for the Entrance Test. Click the following links to download the respective old question paper.
Official Website: www.bhuonline.in
For More Details, about BHU RET 2019 refer 2018’s – Download Information Brochure
Insofar, Official details for BHU RET 2019 has not been announced yet. Information on this page is based on last year information brochure and for reference purpose only. As soon as Banaras Hindu University (BHU) will release BHU RET 2019 information brochure, details will be updated here.