AMU Admission 2021 – Aligarh Muslim University (AMU) has released the result for B.Tech and B.Arch. AMU was released the answer key for various UG, PG and Diploma courses. Candidates can download the same from amucontrollerexams.com. The exams is conducting from September 19 to 27, 2021. AMU admission is done on the basis of an entrance exam conducted by the university. In a few of the courses, seats are also filled on the basis of national-level entrance exams. You can check all the details about AMU admission 2021 from this page.
Latest – AMU has released the results of B.Tech. & B.Arch. Admission test for Session 2021-22. Click here to check.
Latest – AMU has released the official answer key of entrance exam 2021. Click Here to Download.
AMU Admission 2021
Aligarh Muslim University (AMU) is one of the oldest and most prominent Universities in India. It has been ranked 11th in NIRF all university ranking and 18th in the overall ranking. Candidates can check the AMU admission 2021 dates and schedules from the tables below.
|Course Course||Date of application form||Exam Date|
|B.Sc, BA and B.Com||11 Jun to 08 Jul 2021||19 Sep 2021|
|M.Sc / MA / M.Tech||22 Jun to 20 Jul 2021||to be announced|
|B.Tech||17 Jun to 14 Jul 2021||20 Sep 2021|
|MBA / MBA IB||15 Jun to 12 Jul 2021||27 Sep 2021|
|B.A. LL.B||17 Jun to 14 Jul 2021||21 Sep 2021|
|BUMS||to be announced||to be announced|
Lastes News on AMU 2021
21 September 2021 – AMU B.Tech Answer Key 2021 Seek Engineering Aspirants; Get Here. Read More
21 September 2021 – AMU B.Sc Answer Key 2021 Now Available Unofficially; Where and How to Check. Read More
AMU 2021 Result
The result for AMU 2021 entrance exam is released in the form of selection list, Chance memo list and Special category list for B.Arch and B.Tech. It is released in the pdf format and consist of details of those candidates who have qualified the test and are eligible to participate in the further admission process. The result pdf also consist of details of the counselling / GD-PI. Selection of candidates is done based on their performance in the entrance test.
AMU 2021 Answer Key
The Office of the controller of examinations, AMU, has released the answer key for all courses online at its website. It is released in the pdf format for all series and consist of correct answers to the questions asked in the test. Candidates can use AMU entrance exam answer key to cross-check their answers and evaluate their chances of qualifying the test. The calculation of the probable score is to be done by adding and deducting marks as per the marking scheme.
AMU 2021 Admit Card
The admit card for AMU 2021 entrance exam is released by online mode at amucontrollerexams.com. No hard copy of it is sent to the candidates via post. Those who are appearing for the Deparment test, need to get their AMU exam admit card from the application form handling Office. To download AMU entrance exam 2021 admit card, candidates need to select their course and provide application number. Carry a hard copy of AMU admit card with your photo pasted on it on the day of the test.
AMU 2021 Application Form
The application form for AMU 2021 entrance exam has been released for all UG and PG courses. Candidates have to submit a single application only, however, if they wish to apply for multiple courses, they need to submit separate form. To submit AMU 2021 admission form, candidates need to register for the exam by entering their name, mobile number, email id, etc. After this, they need to fill in details in the form, upload images, pay the required amount of the fee.
Application fee: Candidates need to pay the following amount of application fee. Fees given below as per last year fees details and only for references.
|Name of the courses||Application fee|
|B.Sc, BA and B.Com||Rs. 550 – without late fee|
Rs. 850 – with late fee
|M.Sc / MA / M.Tech||Rs. 550 – without late fee|
Rs. 850 – with late fee
|BTech||Rs. 750 – without late fee|
Rs. 1050 – with late fee
|BArch||Rs. 850 – without late fee|
Rs. 1150 – with late fee
|BA LLB / MBA||Rs. 750 – without late fee|
Rs. 1000 – with late fee
|Diploma / Vocational / SSLC||Rs. 650 – without late fee|
Rs. 950 – with late fee
|P.G. Diploma||Rs. 450 – without late fee|
Rs. 750 – with late fee
|Ph.D||Rs. 700 – without late fee|
Rs. 1050 – with late fee
|All Other Courses||Rs. 550 – without late fee|
Rs. 850 – with late fee
AMU 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates who wish to apply for admission in AMU must ensure that they fulfill the eligibility criteria of their respective course. Check the eligibility criteria for all the courses below.
- Candidates must have qualifying exam with minimum passing marks.
- Those who are in the final year exam are also eligible to apply for admisison.
AMU 2021 Eligibility Criteria for B.Sc (Hons)
- Candidates should have passed 10+2 or its equivalent.
- In the qualifying exam, candidates need to obtain the following marks:
For Home Science – 55% in in aggregate of English and three subjects from amongst Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics and Home Science.
For Agriculture – 45% marks in aggregate in Physics, chemistry and mathematics / biology.
AMU 2021 eligibility criteria for M.Sc (Agriculture) degree courses
- Candidates should have a BSc degree in the relevant discipline from a recognised university.
- Should have obtained 55% marks in the degree exam.
- The relevant BSc degree for MSc agriculture courses below:
For Microbiology – B. Sc in Agriculture / Biosciences / Microbiology / Industrial Microbiology / Biochemistry / Biotechnology / Bioinformatics / Molecular Biology OR B.Sc. (Life Sciences) with one of the subjects Zoology, Botany, Chemistry, Microbiology, Biotechnology as main and two as subsidiary subjects or any three subjects of equal value.
For Entomology – B.Sc in Agriculture / Horticulture / Forestry OR B.Sc in Life Sciences / Biosciences with Zoology as main subject, or B.Sc Zoology.
For Plant Pathology – B.Sc in Agriculture / Horticulture / Forestry OR B.Sc in Life Sciences / Biosciences with Botany as main subject, or B.Sc Botany.
For Nematology – B.Sc in Agriculture / Horticulture / Forestry OR B.Sc in Zoology / Botany / Chemistry as main / major subjects and the other two as subsidiary subjects or B.Sc in Life Science / Biosciences / Biotechnology / B.Sc. Biochemistry.
AMU Eligibility Criteria for MBA
- Should possess a Bachelor’s degree in any discipline with 55% marks.
AMU Eligibility Criteria for M.Tech
- Should have a B. Tech. degree or its equivalent in the relevant subject / discipline.
- Should have passed 10+2 or equivalent examination with PCM.
- Candidates must have obtained 60% marks s in aggregate in the Bachelor’s degree exam.
AMU Eligibility for M.Sc. (Home Science)
- Candidates must posses a B. Sc (Hons.) Home Science degree.
- Must have obtained the degree with 60% marks in aggregate.
AMU Eligibility for B.A. (Hons.)
- Candidates must have a Senior secondary school certificate or its equivalent.
- Should have studied English and three Subjects from amongst Accountancy, Arabic, Banking, Biology, Biotechnology, Business Organization, Business Studies, Chemistry, Commerce, Computer Science, Economics, Education, English, Fine Arts, Geography, Hindi, History, Home Science, Islamic Studies, Mathematics, Persian, Philosophy, Physical Health Education, Physics, Political Science/Civics, Psychology, Sanskrit, Sociology, Statistics, Urdu and Modern Indian Languages.
- Candidates who have a degree / sanad from recognized Madarsa / Institution OR those who have a bridge Course-Senior Secondary School Certificate from AMU are also eligible.
- Candidate must have secured at least 50% marks in aggregate.
AMU Eligibility Criteria for Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA)
- Should have a senior secondary school certificate or its equivalent exam.
- Must have secured at least 50% marks in aggregate.
AMU Eligibility Criteria for MA
- Candidates must have passed BA / B.Sc / B. Com / B.Th. or an equivalent examination.
- Should have secured at least 50% marks.
AMU Eligibility Criteria for Master of Fine Arts (MFA)
- Candidates should have a Bachelor’s degree in BFA or BA (Hons) course with in Fine Arts with one year Pre-M.F.A. (Bridge Course) or Fine Arts with one year Diploma in Applied Arts with 55% marks in Applied Arts.
- Should have obtained 55% marks.
AMU Eligibility Criteria for PG Diploma
- Should possess a B.A. / B. Sc. /B. Com. / B.Th. degree from AMU or recognised university.
- Candidates must have obtained 50% marks.
AMU Eligibility Criteria for Post MA Diploma courses
- Candidates should have MA in the relevant language / discipline / subject.
- Should have secured not less than 50% marks in aggregate.
AMU Eligibility Criteria for B.Com (Hons)
- Should have a Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination in Commerce stream or an equivalent examination of English and Accounts and two subjects from amongst Economics, Business Studies, Business Organization, Commerce, Banking, Entreprenuership, Mathematics and/or Statistics.
- Those who have a diploma in Secretarial Practice examination of this University are also eligible to apply.
- Should have obtained 55% marks in aggregate in the qualifying exam.
AMU Eligibility Criteria for M. Com
- Should have a B. Com. (Hons.) degree with not less than 55% marks in aggregate.
AMU Eligibility Criteria for B.Tech/ B.Arch
- Candidates should have passed Senior Secondary School exam or its equivalent with PCM and English.
- Those who have a diploma in Engineering are also eligible to apply for BE courses as well.
- Should have obtained 50% marks.
AMU Eligibility Criteria for M.Sc
- Candidates should have a BSc degree courses in the relevant subject / discipline.
- Should have obtained not less than 50% marks in aggregate.
AMU Eligibility Criteria for M.Arch
- Should have a BArch or its equivalent degree with 50 % marks in aggregate.
AMU Eligibility Criteria for B.Voc
- Should have a Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination of this University or an equivalent examination with at least 50% marks in aggregate of PCM.
AMU Eligibility Criteria for M.Voc
- Should possess a B.Voc degree in the relevant subject / discipline with at least 55% marks in aggregate.
Maximum age limit – The maximum age limit shall be reckoned on July 01 of the year of the admission. However, the maximum age limit criteria is not applicable for Foreign nationals/ employees of the University. Furthermore, three (03) years relaxation is provided to Madarsa passed out candidates. Check the maximum age limit from table below.
|Course of study||Maximum age limit|
|Senior Secondary School Certificate||19 years|
|Diploma in Engineering||21 years|
|Graduate Courses and other courses like Advance Diploma / Diploma / Certificate courses where the qualifying examination is Senior Secondary School Certificate or equivalent||24 years|
|Postgraduate & other courses where the qualifying examination is graduation||27 years|
|Postgraduate and other courses where the duration of the qualifying examination, after graduation, is one year||28 Years|
|Postgraduate and other courses where the duration of the qualifying examination, after graduation, is two years||29 years|
|Post PG Diploma Courses||29 years|
AMU 2021 Application Form Correction
In case if a candidate want to edit some detail in the application fomrm, they can do so by availing the form correction facility. To edit details in AMU form, you need to log in by providing username and password. Candidates shall not have to pay any amount for editing details in the application form. The window for AMU form correction is provided for a limited time period only. Candidates may edit only limited details in the form.
AMU 2021 Syllabus
Candidates can check the previous year syllabus for various courses for reference purpose only. The University will separate Faculties which are Agricultural Sciences, Arts, Commerce, Engineering & Technology, Law, Life Sciences, Medicine, Management Studies & Research, Science, Social Sciences, Theology, Unani Medicine. Each comprises of several Departments of Studies. Details of admission to each of the department are given here for candidates seeking admission in any of the courses offered by AMU.
|Masters Degree Courses|
|Bachelor’s Degree Courses|
|Post M.A./M.Sc. Diploma/Post PG Diploma Courses|
|PG Diploma Courses|
|Diploma/Advance Diploma Courses|
|Senior Secondary School Certificate|
|Part Time Course|
Books recommended for AMU Entrance Exam
Below we have give the list of books, which candidates can use to prepare for AMU Entrance Exam.
|AMU Booster for AMU and JMI 11th science and Diploma entrance||Buy Online|
|AMU B.Ed. Entrance Examination Guide||Buy Online|
|AMU (Aligarh Muslim University) B.Sc. (Bachelor of Science) with Model Paper||Buy Online|
|AMU (Aligarh Muslim University) B.A. (Bachelor 0f Arts) with solved papers||Buy Online|
|AMU (Aligarh Muslim University) B.Com. with Model Paper||Buy Online|
|Aligarh Muslim University/Jamia Millia Islamia University Senior Secondary School [+2] Certificate(Science) & Diploma in Engineering Admission Test||Buy Online|
|15 Years Solved Papers for AMU Engineering Entrance Exam||Buy Online|
|AMU Booster for AMU 9th Entrance||Buy Online|
AMU Exam Pattern 2021
Candidates preparing for AMU 2021 entrance exam must be well aware of the exam pattern and distribution of questions. It is a pen-paper based test conducted in various test cities spread acoss India. You can check AMU 2021 exam pattern below.
- Click here to check the exam pattern for AMU entrance exam (last year).
AMU Entrance Exam Centers 2021
Candidates have to select the test center as per their preference at the time of filling in details in the form. The test center allotted is mentioned on AMU entrance exam admit card. Candidates can check last year list of test cities from below only for references.
AMU 2021 Test Centre for BTech
AMU 2021 Test Centre for Diploma in Engineering and Senior Secondary School Certificate
AMU 2021 Test Centre for BA LL B / B.Ed / MBA/ MB A (IB) / MBA (IBF)
AMU 2021 Test Centre for BA (Hons) / B.Sc (Hons) / B.Com (Hons)
AMU 2021 Test Centre for Bridge Course
AMU 2021 Test Centre for BArch and other courses – It is going to be conducted at Aligarh center only.
AMU 2021 Counselling
Only those candidates whose name is included in the selection list are eligible to participate in AMU counselling process 2021. Those who are shortlisted for counselling / GD-PI are not issued any separate intimation letters for admission. Such candidates need to make timely arrangements to report for admission process as per the schedule at the given venue. Based on their preference for course / branch / stream, etc are allotted a seat.
List of Boards of Examination & Universities
Candidates can check the list of Board of examination & universities which are recognised for AMU admission 2021 from the table below.
The Aligarh Muslim University (AMU) is not only recognised in India but international too. Check the rankings for AMU over the years below.
|General – international||Ranking|
|QS (World) (2020)||801-1000|
|QS (BRICS) (2019)||138|
|QS (Asia) (2019)||214|
|Times (World) (2020)||801–1000|
|Times (Emerging) (2019)||180|
|Times (Asia) (2019)||182|
AMU ranking in India
|General – India||Ranking|
|NIRF (Overall) (2019)||18|
|NIRF (Universities) (2019)||11|
|NIRF (Engineering) (2019)||40|
|India Today (Medical) (2018)||18|
|India Today (Medical) (2019)||08|
Aligarh Muslim University (AMU) is counted among the oldest premier Central Universities of India. It was established by Sir Syed Ahmad Khan in the year 1875, as Mohammedan Anglo-Oriental College and 1920 was renamed as AMU. Three ceters have been established by AMU at Malappuram, Murshidabad and Kishanganj. It is a full time residential university having 13 faculties, 7 constituent colleges (5 colleges academic programs), 15 Centres, 3 Institutes, and 10 schools.
Official website: www.amu.ac.in
For more information on AMU admission 2021, Information Brochure
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.