Allahabad University Admission – The admission in Allahabad University (AU) will be done through entrance exam. For UG admissions, the university will conduct Allahabad University UGAT, whereas, for the intake of candidates in PG course PGAT will be held. Apart from these, the university will also be conducting various another exam like LAT, CRET. Candidates aiming to pursue B.A, M.Sc, B.Ed, M.Ed, MBA, B.Tech, Law, etc from the university can check the article below for more details on Allahabad University Admission.
Allahabad University Admission
Candidates aiming to pursue B.A, M.Sc, B.Ed, M.Ed, MBA, B.Tech, Law, etc from the university can check the article below for more details on Allahabad University Admission.
|S.No.||Important Events||Dates (2018)||Dates (2019)|
|1.||Online registration starts from||08 Apr 2018||Second week of April 2019|
|2.||The last date to apply and pay fee||30 May 2018||Last week of May 2019|
|3.||Entrance examination for various courses will be held on||07 May – 13 Jun 2018||First week of May 2019 – Second week of Jun 2019|
University Of Allahabad Admission
Constituent Colleges of Allahabad University
In all, there are 12 constituent institutes and have been listed below. These constituent colleges of the University of Allahabad will allow admission on the basis of exam conducted by AU.
- Allahabad Degree College
- Arya Kanya Degree College
- Chowdhary Mahadev Prasad Degree College – oldest affiliated
- Ewing Christian College
- Hamidia Girls’ Degree College
- Ishwar Saran Degree College
- Jagat Taran Girls Degree College
- K.P. Training College
- Rajarshi Tandon Girls Degree College
- Sadanlal Sanwaldas Khanna Girls Degree College
- Shyama Prasad Mukherjee Government Degree College
AU Entrance Exam
Numerous UG and PG courses are offered by the University. For admission in each course, the candidates have to either qualify the Allahabad University Entrance Examination or appear for a Personal Interview. The details about the course and the admission process are given below:
|Entrance Examination||For Courses||Duration|
|B.Ed||B.Ed (Hons.)||2 years|
|Combine Research Entrance Test (CRET)||D.Phil||–|
|Law Admission Test (LAT)||L.L.B||3 years|
|Law Five Year Admission Test (LFAT)||B.A L.L.B (Integrated)||5 years|
|MBA||MBA from MONIRBA||2 years|
|MBA in Research Development (MBARD)*||MBA RD from G.B.P.S.S.I||2 years|
|Undergraduate Admission Test (UGAT)||B.A, B.F.A, B.P.A, B.Sc, etc||–|
|Post Graduate Admission Test (PGAT)||M.A, M.Sc, M.Com, M.F.A, M.Tech, M.P.Ed, etc||–|
|Institute of Professional Studies (IPS) Entrance Exam*||D.Phil, M.Sc, MCA, B.Tech, etc||–|
Points to note:
- MBARD is conducted by G.P Pant Social Science Institute (G.B.P.S.S.I) for the admission. However, the degree is awarded by the Allahabad University.
- IPS was established in the year 2000 by the University of Allahabad to bridge the gap between ‘world of learning’ and ‘world of work’. Hence, the institute only offers professional courses.
Allahabad University Eligibility Criteria
Candidates need to assure that they are eligible before applying. The University of Allahabad Admission 2018 are not open for ineligible candidates. The eligibility criteria for each examination varies and is as below:
- A candidate should have passed 10+2 or equivalent.
- Applicant should withhold master’s degree, in respective subject.
- In degree course, the percentage of candidates should be more than 55% (50% for SC/ST candidate)
- A candidate should have done graduation, with the minimum of 45% marks.
- The criteria for SC/ST candidates is 40%.
- The candidate must not be more than 20 years old, as on July 01, 2018. For ST/SC candidates the limit is 22 years.
- Candidate must have qualified 10+2 with, at least, 45% marks. Candidates belonging to reserved category are entitled to a relaxation of two years.
- The aspirant must withhold a B.Ed degree, from an institute which is recognized.
MBA and MBARD:
- Candidate should have a graduation degree in any stream but from a recognized institute. Students in the final year of the graduation are also eligible to apply for the admissions.
- Candidates need to qualified 10+2 or equivalent.
- Applicant must have the UG degree, in respective stream. It should have been awarded by a recognized institute.
IPS Entrance Exam:
- Candidates opting for UG courses must have completed 10+2. Those applying for PG programs should possess graduation degree, in respective stream.