The University of Hyderabad, a premier institution of postgraduate teaching and research in the country, was established in 1974 as a Central University. The University offers facilities for Postgraduate, 5 -Year Integrated Master’s Degree Courses, and Research Studies in several major areas in Sciences, (including Medical Sciences, Engineering Sciences & Technology), Humanities, Social Sciences, Performing Arts, Fine Arts, Communication, and Management Studies. Candidates can read essentials details of University of Hyderabad Admission 2018-2019 such as important dates, application fee structure, how to apply and such other details from the article below.
University of Hyderabad Admission 2018-2019
Admission to the University is open to all who fulfil the prescribed qualifications. The applications will have to be filled for the admission into the 5 years integrated M.Sc, M.Tech, M.phil and PhD courses for the year 2018 through an all India entrance examination. The applications will have to be made online by the applicants.
Dates of UOH Admission 2018
|Commencement of Online application||05 Apr 2018|
|Last date for submitting the online application||05 May 2018|
|Downloading of Hall ticket||22 May 2018|
|Dates of Entrance Examinations||01 – 05 Jun 2018|
|Result announced||2nd week of Jun 2018|
- Click here to check the Instructions to the M.Phil/.Ph.D. Candidates called for Admission as on Aug 3,2018.
- Click here to check the Notification for M.Phil/Ph.D./MBA Courses Called for Admission as on Jul 26, 2018.
- Click here to check the Notification for M.Phil/Ph.D./MBA Course Wait List.
UOH M.Tech Admission 2018
Students seeking admissions to the M.Tech program can apply to CCMT’s (Centralised Counselling for M.Tech) National Special Round(NSR) of counselling. GATE qualified candidates who have not registered on CCMT portal earlier can register now. Online choice filling for NSR is from July 04 to July 20, 2018.
Candidates can apply for UOH M.Tech Admission 2018 from CCMT Counselling. Click here.
- M.Tech. Computer Science
- M.Tech. Artificial Intelligence
- M.Tech. Information Technology
- M.Tech. Integrated Circuits Technology
- M.Tech. Bioinformatics
- M.Tech. Materials Engineering
UOH MBA Admissions 2018
CAT 2017 scores will be used for short listing the candidates for group discussion/interview. A candidate, therefore, has to appear for CAT 2017 to be conducted by the IIMs. IIMs have no role either in the selection process or in the conduct of the programme.
- Click Here for More Information regarding UoH MBA Admission
UOH PhD Admission 2018 – 2019
University of Hyderabad (UoH), has issued the notification for admission PhD programmes of January 2018 Session for the Academic Year 2018-19. Interviews will be conducted and selections for admission will be made based on the performance of the candidates in the interview, also considering the weight-age for their JRF qualification
- Click Here for More Information regarding UoH PhD Admission
Eligibility criteria for admissions 2018-2019 are given below. Candidates can check the eligibility criteria before applying for the UOH Admission.
UOH 2018 Reservation Policy
|Dependents of Defence personnel||Up to 5%|
Check more details regarding Reservation Policy below.
The students will be able to download the admit cards from the official website at www.uohyd.ac.in. all the students must carry the admit card on the day of the examination along with an identity proof. Candidates will not be permitted to sit in the entrance exam at any other Centre except for the Centre mentioned in the hall tickets. The admit card is an important document that you must preserve for future purpose as well. The admit card contains all the relevant information regarding the test such as the name of the candidate, test venue, details of the test venue, subject code, address of the test venue, photo of the candidate, signature of the candidate and some general instructions that a candidate must follow during the examination. The UOH admit card will be checked at the time of the test and also at the time of the personal interview if the students will be selected for the admission. The candidates, therefore, must keep the document safely with them.
- For PG course – There will be a written test of 100 marks the marks will be same for all the PG courses other than those offered by the Sarojini Naidu School and M.Sc. Ocean and Atmospheric Sciences, Health Psychology and MBA Health Care and Hospital Management, MBA Business Analytics), I.M.Sc. (5-year Integrated) courses in Sciences and I.M.A. (5-year Integrated) courses in Humanities and Social Sciences
- For MPA, MFA, and M.A. in Communication – The exam in the Sarojini Naidu School, MBA Health Care and Hospital Management, MBA Business Analytics will be in two stages. In the first stage there will be a written test and in second stage there will be a personal interview. The candidates who pass the written test only those candidates will be called for the interview at Hyderabad.
- For M.Sc. Ocean and Atmospheric Sciences, Health Psychology and MBA Health Care and Hospital Management, MBA Business 12 Analytics, M.Phil. Integrated M.Sc./Ph.D. Biotechnology; and PhD- the exam will be of 100 marks in total. It will be done in two stages. Written test which will be of 75 marks and the interview which will be of 25 marks.
- For M.Tech. Courses- Admission to programmes in Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence and Information Technology courses is through centralized counselling by CCMT (ccmt.nic.in) and is based on valid GATE scores in Computer Science and Information Technology only.
- For 5-Year Integrated M.Tech. Computer Science – The admission into this program will be based on the result of the JEE Main exam 2018.
- For MCA– The admission to MCA will be done through NIMCET-2018 scores.
The test for the various courses will follow the pattern discussed as follows:-
Total marks – 100
Medium – English
Duration – 2 hours
Type of questions – multiple choice questions.
- For I.M.Sc. and I.M.A. (5-year Integrated) in different disciplines and M.Sc. – the admission for this programme will be done through a written test on OMR sheet. The syllabus will depend on the course for which you are applying.
- For PhD / M.Phil program – the test will be of 80 Maks consists of two parts Part A and Part B.
- Part A will consist 50% of the questions based on Research Methodology and part B will consist of 50% of the questions on specific subjects.
- Part A- will have 25 marks and one mark will be awarded for each question there will be negative marking of 0.33 mark for each incorrect answer marked.
- Part B will consist of objective type questions. There will be negative marking for each answer that is marked incorrect.
Note: The university will not release any cut off as decided except M.Phil./Ph.D.
The result will be announced after the successful completion of entrance exam and will be uploaded to the official website i.e. www.acad.uohyd.ac.in. The candidates will also be able to download the result from here. Please stay connected to us for more details of UOH 2018 Results.
Previous Year Question Paper
Those who interested to appear in the Entrance Examination for this academic year can view and download the previous year question paper for practice from the below direct link.
Official Website: www.uohyd.ac.in.
For more details about University of Hyderabad Admission download 2018’s Download prospectus.