The University of Hyderabad, a premier institution of postgraduate teaching and research in the country, was established in 1974 as a Central University. The University offers facilities for Postgraduate, 5 -Year Integrated Master’s Degree Courses, and Research Studies in several major areas in Sciences, (including Medical Sciences, Engineering Sciences & Technology), Humanities, Social Sciences, Performing Arts, Fine Arts, Communication, and Management Studies. Candidates can read essentials details of University of Hyderabad Admission 2018-2019 such as important dates, application fee structure, how to apply and such other details from the article below.
University of Hyderabad Admission 2018-2019
Admission to the University will open to all who fulfill the prescribed qualifications. The applications will have to be filled for the admission into the 5 years integrated M.Sc, M.Tech, M.phil and Ph.D. courses for the year 2018 through an all India entrance examination. The applications will have to made online by the applicants.
Expected Dates of UOH Admission 2018
|Commencement of Online application||1st week of Apr 2018|
|Last date for submitting the online application||1st week of May 2018|
|Downloading of Hall ticket||4th week of May 2018|
|Dates of Entrance Examinations||1st week of Jun 2018|
|Result announced||2nd week of Jun 2018|
UoH MBA Admissions 2018
CAT 2017 scores will be used for short listing the candidates for group discussion/interview. A candidate, therefore, has to appear for CAT 2017 to be conducted by the IIMs. IIMs have no role either in the selection process or in the conduct of the programme.
- Click Here for More Information regarding UoH MBA Admission
UOH Ph.D. Admission 2018 – 2019
University of Hyderabad (UoH), has issued the notification for admission Ph.D. programmes of January 2018 Session for the Academic Year 2018-19. Interviews will be conducted and selections for admission will be made based on the performance of the candidates in the interview, also considering the weightage for their JRF qualification
- Click Here for More Information regarding UoH Ph.D. Admission
Previous Year eligibility criteria is given below. Candidates can check the eligibility criteria before applying for the UOH Admission.
UOH 2018 Reservation Policy
|Dependents of Defence personnel||Up to 5%|
The students will be able to download the admit cards from the official website at www.uohyd.ac.in. all the students must carry the admit card on the day of the examination along with an identity proof. Candidates will not be permitted to sit in the entrance exam at any other Centre except for the Centre mentioned in the hall tickets. The admit card is an important document that you must preserve for future purpose as well. The admit card contains all the relevant information regarding the test such as the name of the candidate, test venue, details of the test venue, subject code, address of the test venue, photo of the candidate, signature of the candidate and some general instructions that a candidate must follow during the examination. The UOH admit card will be checked at the time of the test and also at the time of the personal interview if the students will be selected for the admission. The candidates therefore must keep the document safely with them.
- For PG course – There will be a written test of 100 marks the marks will be same for all the PG courses other than those offered by the Sarojini Naidu School and M.Sc. Ocean and Atmospheric Sciences, Health Psychology and MBA Health Care and Hospital Management, MBA Business Analytics), I.M.Sc. (5-year Integrated) courses in Sciences and I.M.A. (5-year Integrated) courses in Humanities and Social Sciences
- For MPA, MFA, and M.A. in Communication – The exam in the Sarojini Naidu School, MBA Health Care and Hospital Management, MBA Business Analytics will be in two stages. In the first stage there will be a written test and in second stage there will be a personal interview. The candidates who pass the written test only those candidates will be called for the interview at Hyderabad.
- For M.Sc. Ocean and Atmospheric Sciences, Health Psychology and MBA Health Care and Hospital Management, MBA Business 12 Analytics, M.Phil. Integrated M.Sc./Ph.D. Biotechnology; and Ph.D.- the exam will be of 100 marks in total. It will be done in two stages. Written test which will be of 75 marks and the interview which will be of 25 marks
- For M.Tech. Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, and Information Technology – The admission here will be based only on the scores achieved by the candidate of GATE in Computer Science and Information Technology . for students seeking admission here will not go through any written test or interview.
- For 5-Year Integrated M.Tech. Computer Science – The admission into this program will be based on the result of the JEE Main exam 2018.
- For M.Tech. IC Technology– The admission into this program will be solely based on the scores received by the candidates in GATE 2018 in the order of the merit in the following subjects 1) Electronics and Communication Engineering, 2) Instrumentation Engineering and 3) Physics.
- For M.Tech. Bioinformatics- The admission into this course will be based on the score received in GATE as well as an interview. The candidate must have appeared in the GATE exam in the following subjects Biotechnology – BT; Chemistry – CY; Mathematics – MA; Physics – PH; Agricultural Engineering – AG; Electronics & Communication Engg. – EC; Computer Science and Information Technology – CS; Chemical Engineering – CH.
The test for the various courses will follow the pattern discussed as follows:-
Total marks – 100
Medium – English
Duration – 2 hours
Type of questions – multiple choice questions.
- For I.M.Sc. and I.M.A. (5-year Integrated) in different disciplines and M.Sc. – the admission for this programme will be done through a written test on OMR sheet. The syllabus will depend on the course for which you are applying.
- For Ph.D. program – the test will be of two parts Part A and Part B.
- Part A will consist 50% of the questions based on Research Methodology and part B will consist of 50% of the questions on specific subjects.
- Part A- will have 25 marks and one mark will be awarded for each question there will be negative marking of 0.33 mark for each incorrect answer marked.
- Part B will consist of objective type questions. There will be negative marking for each answer that is marked incorrect.
Note: The university will not release any cut off as decided.
The result will be announced after the successful completion of entrance exam and will be uploaded to the official website i.e. www.uohyd.ac.in. The candidates will also be able to download the result from here. Please stay connected to us for more details of UOH 2018 Results.
Previous Year Question Paper
Those who interested to appear in the Entrance Examination for this academic year can view and download the previous year question paper for practice from the below direct link.
Official Website: www.uohyd.ac.in.
For more details about University of Hyderabad Admission download 2017’s prospectus.