EFLU 2020 – The English and Foreign Language University (EFLU) started online registration for EFLU entrance exam 2020. Candidates who fulfill the eligibility criteria of the course can apply online at the official website efluniversity.ac.in. EFLU conducts an online entrance exam for admission into UG, PG, Ph.D and teaching courses. The exam for PG and Ph.D admission will be held on February 29 and March 01, 2020. The same for EFLU UG entrance exam is on April 12, 2020. Entrance exam for EFLU 2020 admission is due to be held in 22 cities. Check eligibility criteria, exam pattern, application form details, and more information on EFLU 2020 from this page.
Latest: EFLU 2020 application form is available. Apply here.
EFLU offers admission into 722 seats of Hyderabad, 131 seats of Lucknow and 170 seats of Shillong through the entrance exam. Interested candidates can check the important dates related to EFLU 2020 from the table below:
|EFLU Admission 2020||Dates|
|Release of EFLU 2020 application form||17 Dec 2019|
|Last date to submit EFLU 2020 application form|
|Release of EFLU 2020 admit card||Feb 2020|
|EFLU 2020 exam date for PG and Ph.D||29 Feb and 01 Mar 2020|
|EFLU 2020 exam date for UG||12 Apr 2020|
EFLU 2020 Application Form
For appearing the entrance exam, candidates have to apply online on the official website, Candidates who fulfill the eligibility criteria can fill the online application form. For applying, candidates first need to register themselves to create the login credentials to access the form. Candidates are advised to provide their own and active mobile number and email ID to create the login and for future reference. At the time of filling the application form, candidates have to upload the documents in their prescribed format and have to pay the application fee online to submit the form.
Application fee – Candidates have to pay the application fee as per category as shown below:
|General and OBC||Rs. 500/-|
Mode of Payment – Candidates can pay the EFLU 2020 application fee through :
- Debit Card
- Credit card
- Net Banking
EFLU 2020 Entrance Exam Pattern
- Mode of exam – the exam is conducted in online mode (CBT)
- Total No. of Questions – There are 100 questions in the exam
- Total Marks – The exam is of 100 marks
- Type of question – There are objective type (MCQ) questions in the exam
- Marking Scheme –
- For every correct answer +1 is given
- For every incorrect answer and no answer Zero (0) marks is given
EFLU 2020 Entrance Test Schedule
Candidates can check the schedule of the entrance exam from the table below :
|29 Feb 2020|
(Morning Session )
|9 am to 11 am / 9 am to 12 pm||M.A. (English/ English Language Teaching/ English Literature/ Comparative Literature/ Linguistics/ Computational Linguistics/ Journalism and Mass Communication)|
|29 Feb 2020 (Afternoon Session)||2 pm to 4 pm||PGDTE, PGDTA, M.A. (Hindi, Hispanic Language and Literature/ Russian/ German) Ph.D. (French/ Russian Language and Literature)|
|01 Mar 2020|
(Morning Session )
|9 am to 11 am / 9 am to 12 pm||Ph.D. (English Language Education/ Linguistics and Phonetics/ English Literature/ Comparative Literature/ Indian and World Literatures/ Translation Studies/ Cultural Studies/ Aesthetics and Philosophy/ Film Studies and Visual Culture/ Media and Communication)|
|01 Mar 2020|
|2 pm to 4 pm||B.Ed. English, Ph.D. (Arabic/ German/ Spanish Language and Literature), Ph.D. Hindi|
M.A. (French/ Arabic Language and Literature)
|12 Apr 2020|
|B.A. (Hons.) English/ Foreign Languages and B.A. Journalism and Mass Communication|
EFLU Admission 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Before filing the online application form, candidates must check the eligibility criteria as per course from below:
- Must have passed 10+2/Intermediate with English as one of the subjects with minimum 50% marks for General/OBC candidates and 45% for SC/ST category
- Candidates who are pursuing the qualifying exam can also apply for EFLU entrance exam.
M.A. English (all specialities), M.A. (JMC), M.A. Linguistics, M.A. Comparative Literature,
- Candidate must have completed a bachelor’s degree with minimum 55% marks for general/OBC and 50% marks for SC/ST category
- Candidates who are appearing for the final year for degree and passed the examination by the time of admission can also apply for the EFLU entrance exam.
M.A. (Computational Linguistics)
- Candidates must have completed or pursuing (in final year) a bachelor’s degree in Linguistics/ English(with at least 15 credits in Linguistics)/ Computer Science and/or Engineering and Technology/ Computer Applications/ Mathematics and Physics
- Candidate must have passed graduation with minimum 55% marks for general/OBC candidates, and 50% marks for SC/ST category candidates.
MA Hindi Language
- Candidates who have completed a bachelor’s degree in Hindi or any degree with Hindi as one of the subject with minimum 50% marks for general and OBC candidates and 45% for SC/ST, can apply for the exam
- Candidates who are appearing for the above mentioned qualifying examination can also apply for the entrance exam
M.A. Arabic Language/ French Language/ German Language/ Russian Language/ Hispanic Language and Literature
- Candidates are required to have passed the Bachelor’s degree course in the concerned course for which they want to apply. OR
- Candidates can have a Bachelor’s degree in any discipline with a certificate of B1 level proficiency equivalent to Advanced Diploma in the concerned course.
- Candidates must have completed B.A in English/ Literature or MA in English/ Literature/ TESL/ELT its equivalent with minimum 50% marks for general/OBC candidates and 45% marks for SC/ST category.
- Candidates appearing for the qualifying exam as given above can also apply for the exam.
Postgraduate Diploma in the Teaching of English (PGDTE)
- Candidates completed or appearing for the in M.A. in English/ English Literature/Linguistics/ TESL/ELT with 55% marks for general/OBC candidates, and 50% marks for SC/ST candidates
Postgraduate Diploma in the Teaching of Arabic (PGDTA)
- Candidates must have a degree of M.A. in Arabic /Arabic Literature/Linguistics/ Teaching of Arabic with 55% marks for General/OBC candidates, and 50% marks for SC/ST category candidates
Postgraduate Diploma in Translation
- Candidates must have completed M.A. in English with minimum 55% marks if a general/OBC (creamy-layer)
candidates, and 50% marks for SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/Differently abled candidates
- Candidates must have a proficiency (Reading and Writing) in any Indian or foreign language.
- Candidates are required to have a Master’s Degree in the concerned course with 55% marks for general/OBC (creamy layer) candidates, and 50% marks for SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/Differently abled category candidates.
- Click Here to check the detailed eligibility for Ph.D course.
EFLU 2020 Admit Card
EFLU releases the admit card for entrance exam in the candidate’s login. Candidates who have successfully submitted the application form can download the admit card as per schedule. Tp access the admit card, candidates needs to login with user ID and password. Candidate must carry the hard copy of admit card. Admit card contains the important examination details like, exam name, roll no, exam date, time, exam centre address, etc. Candidates have to reach at the centre, date & time mentioned on the admit card.
EFLU 2020 Test Centers
Candidates can check the list of test centers for EFLU 2020 below.
EFLU 2020 Result
EFLU releases the result of EFLU entrance exam on the official website. Candidates can check their result be logging in with user Id and password. After the declaration of result, university releases merit list of the qualified candidates on the basis of the cutoff marks. Qualified candidates have to report at the centre they have applied at the time of registration for the counselling process.
EFLU Admission 2020 Reservation
University provides the reservations benefits to the reserved candidates. Check the reservation of seats from the table below:
|Category||Reservation of seats|
EFLU 2020 Cut-Off Marks
University has provided the minimum cut off for the admissions, check the cutoff to qualify the exam is:
|SC / ST / PWD||30%|
For Ph.D programs
|Unreserved / OBC (creamy layer) Category||50%|
|OBC (non-creamy layer)SC / ST / PWD||45%|
EFLU 2020 Seat Details
Candidates can check the seat details for EFLU admission 2020 below as per course from below:
|B.A (all courses)||160||40||40||240|
|M.A courses (all courses)||350||60||100||510|
|Postgraduate Diploma in Translation||20||–||–||20|
EFLU 2020 Scholarship
EFLU provided the Merit-cum-Means Fellowship/ scholarships from the tution fee. Candidates can check the criteria required from below to apply for EFLU 2020 scholarship:
- Candidates applying for the full-time course except for Ph.D and have a parental annual income less than Rs. 1,50,000 can apply for the Merit–cum-Means Fellowship/ scholarships
- Candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC and Physically/Visually Challenged registered for any course except Ph.D course can apply for the scholarship
- Candidates who have scored more than 50% in their qualifying examination such as B.A., M.A., PGDTE, B.Ed and have scored more than 60% in the entrance exam can apply for the scholarship
Candidates availing ICSSR Scholarship for Indian Nationals, have to upload the documents with the application form to apply for any state government policies.
Eligible candidates get the scholarship of Rs. 1000/- (per month) twice a year in Decmeber and July After the end of the semester.
EFLU 2020 Fee Structure
Candidates can check the fee structure of all the courses from below:
|Course||1st semester fee for General/ OBC||1st semester fee for SC/ ST||1st semester fee for VHC/ PHC category|
|B.A (all courses)||Rs. 3455||Rs. 2625||Rs. 1850|
|M.A courses||Rs. 3860||Rs. 2790||Rs. 1850|
|B.Ed||Rs. 11,100||Rs. 10,030||Rs. 1910|
|PGDTE/ PGDTA/ PGDT||Rs. 4175||Rs. 2830||Rs. 1850|
|Ph.D. Programmes||Rs. 6540||Rs. 4925||Rs. 3325|
Courses Offered by EFLU 2020
Candidates can apply for various UG, PG, and Ph.D courses as per criteria. Check the list of the courses offered by the EFLU 2020 from the table below :
- B.A. (Hons.) English
- B.A. (Hons.) Arabic
- B.A. (Hons.) French
- B.A. (Hons.) German
- B.A. (Hons.) Japanese
- B.A. (Hons.) Russian 2
- B.A. (Hons.) Spanish
- B.A. Journalism and Mass Communication (JMC)
- M.A. English
- M.A. English Literature
- M.A. Literatures in English
- M.A. Comparative Literature
- M.A. Linguistics
- M.A. English Language
- M.A. Journalism and Mass Communication (JMC)
- M.A. Hindi
- M.A. Arabic Language and Literature
- M.A. French Language and Literature
- M.A. German Language and Literature
- M.A. Hispanic Language and Literature
- M.A. Russian Language and Literature
Teacher Education Courses
- B.Ed. English
- PGDTE English
- PGDTA Arabic
- Ph.D. Linguistics and Phonetics
- Ph.D. English Language Education
- Ph.D. Indian and World Literatures
- Ph.D. English Literature
- Ph.D. Cultural Studies
- Ph.D. Film Studies and Visual Culture
- Ph.D. Comparative Literature
- Ph.D. Translation Studies
- Ph.D. Aesthetics and Philosophy
- Ph.D. Arabic Language and Literature
- Ph.D. French Language and Literature
- Ph.D. Russian Language and Literature
- Ph.D. German Language and Literature
- Ph.D. Spanish Language and Literature
Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru has established the English and Foreign Language University (EFLU) in 1958. It has 3 campuses one in Hyderabad and two regional campuses in Shillong and Lucknow. It offers admission into various UG and PG courses in different foreign languages including research and teaching courses,based on the entrance test. It is the only university in South Asia, which is dedicated to various languages. Indian Students as well as foreign students can apply for admissions through entrance exam conducted at the university level.
Official website: www.efluniversity.ac.in
For more Information related to EFLU Admission candidates can download EFLU 2020 Information Brochure.
EFLU 2020 Exam Frequently Asked Questions
Ans : The mode of entrance exam will be online (computer-based) mode.
Ans : Candidates have to fill the online application form at the official website and have to appear for the entrance exam.
Ans : The entrance exam for BA courses will be conducted on April 12, 2020
Ans : Candidates have to give the choices for the course, subject and campus at the time of registration. As the seat will be allotted on the basis of it.
Ans : Candidates applying for the MA courses must have completed or pursuing a Bachelor's degree in the specified language.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.