EFLU Admission 2018 for English And Foreign Languages University (EFLU) is on the basis of EFLU Entrance Exam 2018. Candidates are advised to check details and visit this page regularly to get updates related to EFLU Admission. Candidates can check the complete details of EFLU Admissions 2018 such as EFLU application form, important dates etc from this page given below.
EFLU Admission 2018
English And Foreign Languages University (EFLU) offers admission to Foreign National and Indian Students in various courses. On this page, candidates can check the details of EFLU Admission 2018 for For Foreign National Students and for Indian Students separately.
Quick Links for EFLU Admission
English And Foreign Languages University (EFLU) Admissions 2018 – For Indian Students
EFL University offers admissions to the following programmes at Hyderabad, Lucknow and Shillong for the academic year 2018-2019.
- UG – B.A. (Hons.) English; B.A. (Hons.) Arabic; B.A. (Hons.) French; B.A. (Hons.) Japanese; B.A. (Hons.) Russian; B.A. (Hons.) Spanish; B.A. Journalism and Mass Communication
- PG – M.A. English; M.A. Journalism and Mass Communication; M.A. Computational Linguistics; M.A. Hindi; M.A. Arabic Language & Literature; M.A. French Language & Literature; M.A. German Language & Literature; M.A. Russian Language & Literature; M.A. Hispanic Language & Literature; M.A. English Literature; M.A. Linguistics; M.A. Literatures in English; MA Comparative Literature; MA English Language Teaching
- Teacher Training Programmes: Post-graduate Diploma in the Teaching of English; B.Ed English; Post-graduate Diploma in the Teaching of Arabic
- Ph.D.Programmes: Ph.D. Linguistics & Phonetics (Full time & Part time); Ph.D. English Language Education (Full time & Part time); Ph.D. Education; Ph.D. English Literature (Full time & Part time); Ph.D. Translation Studies; Ph.D. Hindi; Ph.D. Comparative Literature; Ph.D. Indian & World Literatures; Ph.D. Aesthetics & Philosophy; Ph.D. Film Studies & Visual Culture; Ph.D. Cultural Studies; Ph.D. Arabic; Language & Literature; Ph.D. French Language & Literature; Ph.D. Russian Language & Literature
Expected Schedule for EFLU Admission 2018 for Indian Students
|The last date of receipt of applications||Feb 2018|
|Availability of Admit card||Feb 2018|
|Date of Entrance Test||Feb 2018|
The online entrance tests for all Undergraduate programmes, Post-graduate programmes, B.Ed, PGDTE, PhD (Full and Part Time mode) will be held in the following expected cities (subject to a minimum number of candidates.)
- Ahmedabad, Lucknow, Shillong, Delhi, Mumbai, Vishakapatnam, Hyderabad and Bangalore
You will be assigned a test centre in city selected and it will be mentioned in your admit pass. Once a choice of city has been exercised, no request for any change in the choice will be entertained.
The University reserves the right to cancel any of the above test cities and allot the candidate another centre closest to the centre cancelled.
Reservation of seats shall be in accordance with the provisions of the Central Educational Institutions (Reservation in Admission) Act 2006 and Circulars of Government of India issued and amended in this regard from time to time. Besides, the University shall also follow reservation in admission in all Programmes of studies in accordance with the Persons With Disabilities (Equal Opportunities, Protection of Rights and Full Participation) Act, 1995.
For Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes (SC/ST) candidates
- 22.5% of seats in all Programmes will be reserved for Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes candidates in the following order:
- 15% for Scheduled Castes
- 7.5% for Scheduled Tribes.
- Candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes will be given relaxation to the extent of 5% in the aggregate of marks obtained in the qualifying examination.
- UGC-sponsored, remedial classes in English are organized for SC/ST students admitted to the various programmes.
Other Backward Classes (OBC) candidates
- On every programme, 27% of the intake is reserved for OBC (non-creamy layer) candidates. In the case of OBC candidates, there is no relaxation of the qualifications required for admission.
There is a cut off mark in the entrance tests for admissions to all programmes as follows:
- Unreserved category: 50%
- OBC: 45%
- SC/ST/PWD: 30%
Candidates with Disabilities (Persons with Disabilities)
On every programme, candidates with a minimum disability of 40%, have supernumerary places reserved for them to the extent of 3% of the intake. Admission is granted to candidates whose disability does not come in the way of their pursuing the programme they are seeking admission to.
Along with their application form, eligible candidates have to submit an attested copy of a certificate of disability from a Civil Surgeon of a Government hospital, indicating the extent of the visual/physical disability and also the extent to which the disability may affect the pursuance of the course of study admission is sought to
Candidates who are Children/Wards of Defence Personnel (Army, Air Force, Navy)
On every programme, supernumerary places are reserved for children/ wards of defence personnel to the extent of 1% of the intake. In accordance with the Government of India guidelines, admission is granted according to the priority list below:
- widows/children/wards of defence personnel killed in action
- children/wards of serving personnel and ex-servicemen disabled in action
- widows/children/wards of defence personnel whose death is attributed to peacetime military service
- widows/children/wards of defence personnel whose disability is attributed to peacetime military service
- children/wards of ex-servicemen and serving personnel who are recipients of the following gallantry awards: (ParamVir Chakra, Ashok Chakra, SarvottamYudhSeva Medal, Mahavir Chakra, Kirti Chakra, UttamYudhSeva Medal, Vir chakra, Shaurya Chakra, YudhSeva Medal, Sena,/NauSena/Vayusena Medal, Mention-in-Despatches)
- children/wards of ex-servicemen
- children/wards of serving personnel
For candidates who are Kashmiri Migrants
One supernumerary place is reserved on every programme for Kashmiri migrants. For such candidates, however, there is no relaxation of the qualifications required for admission.
Candidates can also check last year details of EFLU Admission for Indian Students – Click here
English And Foreign Languages University (EFLU) Admissions 2018 – For Foreign National Students
EFL University offers three levels of programmes for International students. Candidates can work towards an undergraduate degree (B.A. Honours), a postgraduate degree (M.A.), or a research degree (M.Phil/Ph.D.). The details of the various degrees are given under Programmes in the Facetoface Mode and Distance mode at Hyderabad Campus, Lucknow Campus and the North East Campus at Shillong. Candidates can check the complete details of course offered by EFL University for Foreign National Students from this page given below.
Expected Schedule for EFLU Admission 2018 for Foreign National Student
|Applications accepted till||Jan 2018|
|Commencement of Academic Session||Aug 2018|
Last Year Fees Strucutre is given below.
- Applications of those candidates who do not fulfill the required qualifications mentioned (eligibility and mandatory qualifications) will not be considered for admission.
- For Ph.D, candidates should submit a Research Proposal/Synopsis of 500 to 800 words along with their application.
- Candidates for research degrees should also qualify in the telephonic interview to be conducted by the University as per the schedule, which will be intimated to the candidates.
- The academic session for the year 2018-19 will begin on 1st August, 2018.
- Hostel accommodation will be provided depending on the availability.
- Students provisionally admitted to the various programmes at the EFL University should make their own arrangements for travel from the Rajiv Gandhi International Airport, Shamshabad to EFL University, Hyderabad.
Candidates can also check last year details offered by EFL University for Foreign National Students – Click here.