|Manipal University||Apply Now for MU OET|
|SRM University||Apply Now for SRMJEEE|
|JEE Main 2018 Exam Date, Eligibility, Exam Pattern.||Get All Details Here|
JEE Advanced 2018 will be held on May 20, 2018. It will be conducted by IIT Kanpur for admission of candidates in 4 years B.Tech / B.S, 5 year B.Arch, 5 years Dual Degree B.Tech-M.Tech / B.S-M.S, and 5 year Integrated Masters program. The exam will be held in Computer Based Mode and this is happening for the first time. Apart from this, several other changes have also been introduced this time. Instead of top 2,20,000 candidates of JEE Main qualifying candidates, top 2,24,000 candidates will be considered eligible to appear in JEE Advanced 2018. There will be two papers (Paper 1, Paper 2), both of which will be of 3 hours duration and compulsory. Registration will start soon after CBSE declares the result of JEE Main 2018. Get here complete details of JEE Advanced 2018 exam date, application form, admit card, result, cut off, syllabus, exam pattern.
JEE Advanced 2018
JEE Advanced 2018 is a national level engineering entrance exam. It is held for admission to the 23 IITs (Indian Institute of Technology). Other colleges that accept JEE Advanced scores include IISc, IISER, IIST, RGIPT, IIPE. It is compulsory to appear in CBSE JEE Main 2018 first and satisfy eligibility criteria to appear in JEE Advanced 2018. Note the important dates of JEE Advanced 2018 here. As of now, the only date of exam has been published officially.
|Online registration for JEE Advanced begins from||4th week of Apr 2018|
|Last date for registration||1st week of May 2018|
|Issuance of Admit Card||2nd week of May 2018|
|IIT JEE Advanced 2018 exam date||20 May 2018|
|Declaration of Result||2nd week of Jun 2018|
Exam pattern of JEE Advanced is not disclosed before the exam. The only things informed about the exam is that each paper (Paper 1, Paper 2) will be of 3 hours duration, and that questions will be on Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics. To prepare for JEE Advanced 2018, study theory from class 11, 12 textbooks, and practice multiple choice questions from good reference books.
Official Advertisement for JEE Advanced 2018 is as below:
Click here to check the advertisement in the Hindi language.
Changes In JEE Advanced 2018
IIT Kanpur has launched official website of JEE Advanced 2018. The official website link is jeeadv.ac.in. The following are the changes in JEE Advanced 2018.
- Only the top 2,24,000 candidates of JEE Main 2018, who have also scored positive marks can appear in JEE Advanced 2018. This is higher than last year. Last year only top 2,20,000 could appear.
- JEE Advanced 2018 Paper 1, and also JEE Advanced 2018 Paper 2 will be computer-based tests.
JEE Advanced 2018 Eligibility Criteria
There are five conditions to fulfill in order to be eligible for JEE Advanced. These include age limit, JEE Main 2018 performance, qualifying examination passing year, number of attempts, IIT admission an earlier year. Going by usual eligibility set fixed by Joint Admission Board, following are likely eligibility criteria.
Performance in JEE Main 2018: Candidates must have cleared JEE Main 2018 and should be among the top 2,24000 qualifiers. The category wise distribution of the candidates will be as below:
|Category||Number of Top Candidates Per
Category and Sub-Category
|Total Number of Candidates
in a Category
Age Limit: Candidates should have been born on or after October 1, 1993. Those who belong to SC / ST / PwD category will get 5 years relaxation.
Appearance in Class XII (or equivalent) Examination: Year of passing class 12 examination should be either 2017 or 2018.
Number of attempts: A candidate can attempt for JEE (Advanced) maximum of two times in consecutive years.
Year of Qualifying Class XII Exam: The candidates should have appeared for class 12th examination in the year 2017 or 2018.
- If the result of 2015-16 exam was announced after June 2016 then also the candidates may apply.
- However, if the result of Board exam 2015-16 was announced before June 2016 but the result of candidates was withheld and announced later on (due to any reason) then they ware not eligible.
Earlier admission at IIT: Those who have earlier taken admission in an IIT, irrespective of whether or not they continued in the program or accepted the seat by reporting at a reporting centre in the past, are not eligible. If admission to IITs was cancelled, then also he / she is ineligible. Candidates who got admission to a preparatory course in any of the IITs for the first time in 2017 can appear in JEE Advanced 2018. Likewise, those who paid seat acceptance fee but not accepted the seat by not reporting at any reporting centre during joint seat allocation in 2017 are eligible.
JEE Advanced 2018 Eligibility Criteria for Admission in IITs
Performance in Class XII: The candidates must have scored 75% (65% for SC/ST/PWD) or should be among the top 20 percentile candidates. The marks or the percentile will be calculated for the following subjects:
- Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Language, and one Subject of Choice.
- If the candidates had multiple languages then one with higher marks will be considered.
- If the marks are not out of 100 then it will be scaled to 100.
- In case of the grading system the candidates will have to obtain a certificate specifying the marks equivalent to the grades. It can be obtained from the school Board. It has to be submitted during seat allotment.
- In case of Diploma courses, where the marks of PCM and Language are not evaluated in the final year then the marks of previous year will be considered.
- Candidates who appeared in Board exams in the year 2017 but reappeared in all the subjects in the year 2018 then the best of two performance will be considered, irrespective of the reason for reappearing.
- The marks of only the final year or final exam will be considered, irrespective of the school Board considering the marks for the previous years as well.
- It should be noticed that if the Board does not disclose subject wise marks and only allocates total marks then the total marks will be considered.
The percentile calculation will be done for the required subjects in a single academic year only. Therefore, candidates appearing for improvement in Board examinations can EITHER appear in one or more subjects and secure 75% aggregate marks (65% for SC, ST and PwD) after improvement, OR, appear for improvement in ALL subjects to be in top 20 percentile (see section titled “Regarding the cut-off marks for the top 20 percentile”) of the corresponding academic year.
Details on Cut-Off Marks for the Top 20 Percentile: The following are to be noted by the school Board top 20 percentile candidates:
- The top 20 percentile for academic year 2018 and 2017 will be calculated separately for both the years.
- Category-wise cutoff marks will be calculated on the basis of marks scored in that particular year.
- The cutoff for PWD will be the same as the category to which they belong.
- Candidates of academic session 2017, planning to improve their performance 2018 so that the come under top 20 percentile will have to appear for all the exams. For such candidates, top 20 percentile cut-off for 2018 will be considered.
- If the Board does not provided information of top 20 percentile candidates then the candidates will have to produce a certificate form the respective Board ensuring that they are among top 20 percentile candidates. If the candidate fails to do so, then the cut-off marks, in the respective categories, for the CBSE will be used.
Aggregate Marks in Class XII (75% / 65%): Candidates who will score more than 75% (65% for SC/ST/PWD) should know the following:
- The marks secured in the year 2017 and 2018 will only be considered for those candidates who appeared for the exam in respective year.
- However, if the candidates appeared for the examination 2017 but wishes to improve his/her marks in year 2018 then may reappear in any number of subjects. The better marks secured by in the 2017 or 2018 will be considered.
JEE Advanced 2018 New Exam Pattern
The JEE Advanced 2018 will now be held in Computer Based Mode. Complete papers will be online. The exam conducting body does not disclose number of questions, or type of questions prior to exam. Nor does it mention distribution of questions as part of exam scheme. Details available pertaining to exam pattern include schedule, duration. Following points are all that is officially known of the exam pattern.
|Paper||Mode||Date and Time||Duration|
|JEE Adv 2018 Paper 1||Online||20 May 2018 (9 AM to 12 Noon)||3 hours|
|JEE Adv 2018 Paper 2||Online||20 May 2018 (2 PM to 5 PM)||3 hours|
Books recommended for JEE Advanced 2018
|Problems in General Physics
|IIT JEE – Inorganic Chemistry
|Concepts of Physics – HC Verma
Part-I & Part-II
|Tata McGraw Hill (TMH) for Mathematics|
|IIT JEE Physics
|Concise Inorganic Chemistry
(J.D. Lee )
(Hall and Knight)
|Physics for IIT JEE
(Resnick, Halliday, Walker)
(Morrison and Boyd)
|Class 11th & Class 12th Mathematics
|Problems in Physics
(Wiley Editorial Team)
(A Das Gupta)
JEE Advanced 2018 Application Form
Registration for JEE Advanced will start a day after declaration of result of JEE Main 2018. Link to apply online will be available for a window of only 5-7 days. Register and submit application form before deadline. Candidates may also get a chance to register with late fee. It is important to realize that simply qualifying in JEE Main is not enough to appear for the Joint Entrance Examination Advanced (JEE Advanced) 2018. It is necessary to fill and submit JEE Advanced 2018 Application Form also by following rules established by the organizing IIT.
How to apply?
- The first thing to remember is that JEE Advanced 2018 Registration will be at jeeadv.ac.in only.
- Register at anytime between start and end dates.
- You will need JEE Main credentials for application form of JEE Advanced.
- Login for the purpose of registration.
- Enter choice of language of question papers, city where you want to appear for exam, add contact details, upload documents.
- Scan documents to upload in online application form including class 10 certificate, class 12 certificate, category certificate.
- Pay application fee. The application fee is Rs. 1300 for SC / ST / and PwD category and it is Rs. 2600 for General Category candidates.
Other Institutes offering admission by using Rank List of JEE (Advanced).
- IIPE Vishakhapatnam
- IISc Bangalore
- IISER Bhopal, Mohali, Kolkata, Pune, Thiruvananthapuram
- IIST Thiruvananthapuram
- RGIPT Rae Bareli
Insofar official details of JEE Advanced 2018 that have been announced include eligibility, exam date, mode of exam, schedule. Other details on this page such as application form and eligibility are as per last year information brochure and only for reference. As soon as IIT Kanpur releases JEE Advanced 2018 information brochure, details will be updated here.