JEE Advanced 2020 Result – IIT Delhi has announced JEE Advanced result online at jeeadv.ac.in. The result is announced in the form of a scorecard. It can be checked by entering the JEE Advanced roll number, date of birth and phone number. The scorecard specifies the subject-wise marks in Paper 1 and Paper 2, rank, aggregate marks, etc. A rank list is also prepared for the candidates who qualify JEE Advanced. The candidates whose names appear in the rank list can then participate in JoSAA counselling in order to acquire a seat in IIT. Check more information about JEE Advanced 2020 result from this page.
Latest: JEE advanced 2020 result is out now. Direct link to check result is provided below.
JEE Advanced 2020 Result
It must be noted that JEE Advanced scorecards are not sent individually to the candidates. The candidates can download it via online mode from the official website only. Check the important dates regarding JEE Advanced 2020 result from the table given below.
|JEE Advanced 2020 Result||Dates|
27 Sep 2020
|Declaration of Results|
5 Oct 2020
Check result: Click here to check the JEE Advanced 2020 result.
Official Website: jeeadv.ac.in
JEE Advanced 2020 Topper
- Chirag Falor of IIT Bombay zone is the top ranker in Common Rank List (CRL) in JEE (Advanced) 2020. He obtained 352 marks out of 396 marks.
- Kanishka Mittal has achieved AIR 17 and is the topper among the girls.
The list of toppers are as follows:
JEE Advanced 2020 Toppers
|Name||All India Rank|
|Gangula Bhuvan Reddy||2|
|R Muhender Raj||4|
|Vedang Dhirendra Asgaonkar||7|
|Swayam Shshank Chube||8|
Steps to Check JEE Advanced 2020 Result
JEE Advanced result is announced online. The candidates can follow the steps given below to check JEE Advanced 2020 result.
Step 1: First of all, click on the direct link of the result given above on this page.
Step 2: Next, enter the roll number, date of birth and phone number in the login window.
Step 3: After entering the details, click on the ‘submit’ button.
Step 4: Now, the result will appear on the screen. Download it and take 2-3 printout of it for future reference.
JEE Advanced 2020 Statistics
JEE Advanced 2020 statistics has been issued by IIT Delhi, the details of the exam are as follows:
- Percentage of candidates who were present for the exam: 96%
- Number of candidates present for paper 1 exam: 1,51,311
- Number of candidates present for paper 2 exam: 1,50,900
- Total candidates taking the exam: 1,50,838
- Number of qualified candidates 43,204
- The number of female candidates qualifying: 6,707
- Number of exam centres: 1001 across 222 cities
Compilation of JEE Advanced 2020 Result
JEE Advanced result is released in two format; scorecard and rank list. Check the information given below to know how the result of JEE Advanced is compiled.
JEE Advanced 2020 Scorecard compilation: The scorecard of JEE Advanced consists of the subject-wise marks, qualifying status, aggregate marks etc.
- The subject-wise marks are based on the number of correct and incorrect answers of the candidates in the test.
- The aggregate marks are the total of all paper-wise (Paper 1 and Paper 2) and subject wise marks.
- The qualifying status is depicted according to the category of the students.
So, the scorecard is prepared by considering the following points:
- Marks obtained in Physics in JEE Advanced 2020 is equal to the marks secured in Physics part of Paper 1 and Paper 2
- Similarly, marks obtained in Chemistry in JEE Advanced 2020 is equal to the marks secured in Chemistry part of Paper 1 and Paper 2
- Likewise, the marks obtained by the candidate in Mathematics in JEE Advanced 2020 is equal to the marks obtained in Mathematics paper of Paper 1 and Paper 2
JEE Advanced 2020 Rank List: The rank list of JEE Advanced is prepared according to the marks of the candidates in JEE Advanced 2020. The rank list is prepared according to the category of the candidates. Only those candidates are included in the rank list who meet the category wise cut off scores.
It must be noted that only the name of the candidates who have appeared in both Paper 1 and Paper 2 are included in JEE Advanced 2020 rank list.
JEE Advanced 2020 Tie-Breaking Criteria
If two or more candidates obtain same marks in JEE Advanced, then the following tie-breaking criteria is followed to resolve the ties.
- First of all, the candidate with higher positive marks is given a better rank.
- If the tie is still there, then the higher rank is given to the candidate who has obtained higher marks in Mathematics.
- If the tie still exists, then the better rank is given to the candidate who has higher marks in Physics.
- If the tie could not break after the above points, then the candidates are awarded the same rank.
JEE Advanced 2020 Qualifying Marks
To be termed as qualified in JEE Advanced 2020, the candidates need to attain the minimum qualifying marks. Check the qualifying marks given below.
|Category||Minimum percentage required in each subject||Minimum percentage of aggregate marks|
|Common Rank List (CRL)||10.0||35.0|
|GEN-EWS rank list||9.0||31.5|
|OBC-NCL rank list||9.0||31.5|
|SC rank list||5.0||17.5|
|ST rank list||5.0||17.5|
|Common PwD rank list (CRL – PwD)||5.0||17.5|
|GEN-EWS PwD rank list||5.0||17.5|
|OBC-NCL PwD rank list||5.0||17.5|
|SC – PwD rank list||5.0||17.5|
|ST-PwD rank list||5.0||17.5|
|Preparatory course rank lists||2.5||8.75|
Details Mentioned in JEE Advanced 2020 Scorecard
The details mentioned in JEE Advanced 2020 scorecard are given below.
- JEE Advanced registration number
- JEE Advanced roll number
- Candidate’s name
- Date of birth
- Category wise rank
- Paper wise marks (Paper 1 and 2)
- Total marks
- Qualifying status
JEE Advanced scorecard
What After Declaration JEE Advanced 2020 Result?
After the declaration of JEE Advanced result, the candidates can take part in JoSAA counselling. The counselling process includes:
- The candidates have to first register by paying the registration fee
- Next, the candidates have to fill the choices of course and IITs
- After the choice filling, the allotment of seat result is announced
- Now, the candidates have to make a decision to either accept or reject the seat
- Next, the candidates have to pay the acceptance fee and report at the reporting centre for document verification
JEE Advanced 2020 Participating Institutes
The list of the IITs are:
|S. No||Name of the Institutes|
|1||IIT BHU Varanasi|
Besides the 23 IITs, JEE Advanced scores are also accepted in the following institutes as well.
|Sr. No.||Name of the Institutes|
|2||Indian Institute of Petroleum & Energy, Visakhapatnam|
|8||Indian Institute of Space & Technology (IIST), Thiruvananthapuram|
|9||Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology (RGIPT), Rae Bareli|
JEE Advanced 2020 Opening and Closing Ranks of IITs
After the commencement of JoSAA counselling, all the participating institutes releases Opening and Closing Ranks. These opening and closing ranks are based on the availability of seats and the number of candidates registered for JoSAA.
Check the OR and CR of the IITs from last year below:
- IIT Bombay
- IIT Bhubaneswar
- IIT (BHU) Varanasi
- IIT Delhi
- IIT Guwahati
- IIT Gandhinagar
- IIT Hyderabad
- IIT Indore
- IIT Jodhpur
- IIT Kanpur
- IIT Kharagpur
- IIT Madras
- IIT Mandi
- IIT Patna
- IIT Roorkee
- IIT Ropar
- ISM Dhanbad
About JEE Advanced 2020
JEE Advanced is held at the national level for the admission in Bachelor’s, Integrated Masters or Dual degree programs in Engineering, Science or Architecture disciplines in the IITs. It is a computer-based test and consists of two papers in total. It is compulsory for the candidates to appear in both the papers to qualify JEE Advanced. Both the papers consist of the questions from the subjects Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
JEE Advanced Previous Year Result Statistics
The candidates can check the previous year result statistics from the table given below.
JEE Advanced Result Statistics – For the year 2019
|Particulars||No. of candidates|
|Total no. of candidates appeared in both Paper |
1 and Paper 2
|No. of qualified candidates||38705|
|No of female qualified candidates||5356|
|No. of male qualified candidates||33349|
|Total no. of qualified candidates (GE – General category)||15566|
|Total no. of GEN-EWS qualified candidates||3636|
|Total no. of OBC – NCL candidates||7651|
|Total no. of SC qualified candidates||8758|
|Total no. of ST qualified candidates||3094|
Toppers of Previous Year
- Gupta Kartikey Chandresh
- Himanshu Gaurav Singh
- Archit Bubna
- Gilela Aakash Redddy
- Battepati Karthikeya
- Nishant Abhangi
- Kaustabh Dighe
- Thivesh Chandram
- Dhtuv Kumar Gupta
- Shabnam Sahay
FAQs for JEE Advanced 2020 Result
Ques. Where can I check JEE Advanced 2020 result?
Ques. If I am absent in one of papers of JEE Advanced 2020, will my result be declared?
Ques. How is rank list of JEE Advanced prepared?
Ques. Will IIT Delhi send the scorecard of JEE Advanced 2020 via post?
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.