JEE advance 2020 Previous year question papers – JEE Advanced exam is conducted for admission into courses leading to a Bachelor’s, Integrated Master’s or Bachelor-Master Dual Degree in Engineering, Sciences or Architecture. Previous year question paper helps to get a deep insight of what actually a question paper looks like. It is very important for candidates to practise mock tests and previous years question paper before the exam under the exam pattern and how they are going to distribute their time between sections.
JEE Advanced 2020 Previous year question paper
Through previous year question papers a student can know what to expect and how to deal with the questions and draw a strategy for his or her preparation accordingly.
Candidates can check below previous year question papers of JEE Advanced
JEE Advanced 2020 Exam Pattern
Candidates can check below the exam pattern of JEE Advanced 2020.
JEE Advanced Paper 1 and 2 Exam Pattern
- Duration: 3 hours for paper 1 and 3 hours for paper 2
- Mode of the exam: Computer based test
- Papers: 2
- Parts in the papers: 3 parts in paper 1 and 3 in paper 2
Each 3 part in paper 1 and 2 has 3 sections each, which is given in the table below:
|I||MCQ questions with only 1 option correct|
|II||MCQ questions with 1 more than 1 option correct|
|III||Numerical value answers (Paper 1)Match the lists (Paper 2)|
The distribution of questions among the sections was common for both paper 1 and 2. The same is given in the table below:
|Parts||Number of questions|
How to use JEE Advanced previous year question paper with answers
The previous year question papers are the most important resources to prepare for the exam. There it can be used in many ways and it is always beneficial to use them.
- To check weightage of topics – Through previous year question papers candidates can check how much weightage is given to which topic and accordingly can prepare for the exam.
- Use them as practise paper and Mock tests – Candidates can use the previous year question papers as practise papers. First try to solve them yourself in the given time duration and then check your answers using the answer key. This will prepare you in the best possible way for the exam.
- Analyze the paper – Candidates can practise and see what are the common topics from which questions are asked every year. Candidates can analyze the level of difficulty of the paper, how much time should be given in each section, on what pattern the question paper is made etc.
How to get the JEE Advanced previous years question papers and answer keys
Candidates can check below the steps to get JEE Advanced previous year question papers and answer keys.
- Click on the link available in the table, above on this page
- A new page will open which has links to every year question papers and the final answer keys.
- Download that question paper and answer key and use it to calculate your probable score.
About JEE Advanced
JEE Advanced is considered as one of the most challenging undergraduate admission tests. It is conducted in online mode and contains multiple choice questions. The performance of the candidate in the examination will form the basis for admission in Bachelor’s, Integrated Master’s and Dual Degree programs (entry at the 10+2 level) in all the IITs. The exam consists of two papers both conducted for 3 hours each.