AAT 2020 – IIT Delhi will conduct JEE Advanced AAT on October 8, 2020. Architecture Aptitude Test (AAT) is for the candidates who qualify JEE Advanced and wish to take admission in the B. Arch. program offered by IIT Kharagpur and IIT Roorkee only. Note that the admission in B.Arch courses is not as per AAT rank or score, it is based on JEE Advanced AIR. However, passing AAT is mandatory for being considered for B.Arch seat allotment. To appear in AAT candidates need to register separately after JEE Advanced 2020 Result. This exam is also held at a national level to appear in which the candidates have to use their JEE Advanced 2020 Admit Card. To know more about AAT 2020 like exam pattern, syllabus, admission process, eligibility, read below.
In te last academic session, in IIT Roorkee 31 students were selected in B.Arch course against 35 seats. In IIT Kharagpur there are 43 seats available in B.Arch course. For this academic session the important dates are given in the table below.
|JEE Advanced AAT 2020||Important Dates|
|Last date to apply|
JEE Advanced AAT 2020 Eligbility
As we have observed before appearing in Architecture Aptitude Test, the candidates need to qualify JEE Advanced 2020. Here is the eligibility criteria for JEE Advanced 2020.
- The candidates must have qualified JEE Main 2020. (The candidates must be among 2,50,000 successful candidates).
- The candidates must be Indian national.
- Also, the candidates must have been born on or after October 01, 1995.
- The candidates must have appeared in class 12th examination.
AAT 2020 Syllabus
The syllabus for AAT 2020 is as follows:
This would comprise of simple drawing depicting the total object in its right form and proportion, surface texture, relative location and details of its component parts in appropriate scale. Common domestic or day-to-day life usable objects like furniture, equipment, etc., from memory.
Exercises in geometrical drawing containing lines, angles, triangles, quadrilaterals, polygons, circles, etc. Study of plan (top view), elevation (front or side views) of simple solid objects like prisms, cones, cylinders, cubes, splayed surface holders, etc.
Understanding and appreciation of three-dimensional forms with building elements, colour, volume and orientation. Visualization through structuring objects in memory.
Imagination and aesthetic sensitivity:
Composition exercise with given elements. Context mapping. Creativity check through innovative uncommon test with familiar objects. Sense of colour grouping or application.
General interest and awareness of famous architectural creations – both national and international, places and personalities (architects, designers, etc.) in the related domain.
AAT 2020 Exam Pattern
The candidates have to attempt AAT 2020 in the below-given pattern:
Number of papers: 1
Duration of the exam: 3 hours
Language of the exam: English only
There is no official pattern for this exam available. However, as per the stidents who have taken the exam the paper usually has the following pattern:
|Section||Number of questions|
|Free hand drawing||3|
|Imagination and aesthetic sensitivity||3|
AAT 2020 Exam Preparation
Note that you are not gievn admisison based on your AAT score. The result of AAT is only declared as pass or fail. However, the candidates aiming to purse B.Arch course from IIT, have to pass this exam. Here is what you must prepare to qualify for the exam:
#1 General Knowledge: Focus on recent architecture related affairs. You must focus on these following areas for GK section preparation:
- Famous monuments and their Architects
- Location and the shape of the monument
- Basic common questions like traffic signal, road safety etc.
#2 Geometric Drawings: Prepare for questions like transforming a certail shape into meaningful visual aspects.
#3 Freehand: Practice freehand drawings to judhe how good is your hand in pen and paper. Practice sketching and use of colors.
#4 Imagination: Well, imagination comes from within. Thus to ensure that you brain is active in this part, do a lot of creative art that involves creative thinking and imagination of visuals.
Books for JEE Advanced AAT 2020
Important Books for JEE Advanced AAT 2020
Check the list of the important books that can be referred to prepare for JEE Advanced Architecture Aptitude Test 2020.
|NATA, JEE B.Arch / B.Plan Entrance Exam 2020||Buy Here|
|Study Guide for B.Arch 2020||Buy Here|
|NATA / B.Arch Architecture Entrance Question Bank||Buy Here|
|NATA & B.Arch Complete Study Material: Entrance Examination||Buy Here|
|JEE Advanced (For B.Arch / B.Design Aptitude Test)||Buy Here|
|Steps to Architecture : B.Arch (NATA / JEE Main Exam Guide)||Buy Here|
JEE Advanced AAT 2020 Application Form
For filling JEE Advanced 2020 application form, the aspirants need to fill a separate application form apart from JEE Advanced. JEE advanced AAT application form can be filled online only.
Step 1: Click on the link mentioned above.
Step 2: After following the above link, you will be redirected to the login window. Enter the details like JEE Advanced 2020 registration number, date of birth, e-mail id and mobile number.
Step 3: After entering these details, enter the details asked for the registration.
JEE Advanced AAT 2020 Admit Card
Candidates must note that no separate admit card is issued to the students who have to sit for AAT. The original admit card of JEE Advanced 2020 can be produced for AAT in the examination hall. Along with the admit card of JEE Advanced AAT, the candidates have to carry an original photo identity card.
Important Tip to attempt JEE Advanced AAT paper: The test-takers must carry their own drawing and coloring aids. No borrowing will be allowed at the time of examination.
JEE Advanced AAT 2020 Exam Centers
Here is the list of 7 zones where AAT is going to take place.
|IIT Delhi zone||IIT Guwahati zone|
|IIT Kanpur zone||IIT Hyderabad zone|
|IIT Roorkee zone||IIT Bombay zone|
|IIT Kharagpur zone||–|
JEE Advanced 2020 AAT Examination Day Guidelines
On the day of examination, the test-takers are required to follow the guidelines given below.
- Do not forget to carry the downloaded admit card with a valid id proof.
- The candidates have to complete their paper in the allotted time period only. No extra time will be granted.
- Candidates must report to the examination centre on time. After the commencement of the exam, no candidates will be allowed to give the examination.
- Do not create any indiscipline at the time of examination.
What to Carry and What Not to Carry on the Examination Day?
There are certain things that candidates need to carry and there are certain things that are prohibited in the examination hall. Check the list of the items given below.
Things to carry
- Drinking water
- Downloaded admit card
- A photo identity card
Things not to carry
- Electronic devices like mobile phones, smart phones, calculators, tabs , digital watcehes etc
- Slide rule
- Log books
- Any study material
- Any textual / written material
JEE Advanced 2020 Result
The result of JEE Advanced 2020 includes no marks and no ranks. The result is displayed in the online portal of JEE Advanced under the login of the candidates. It only indicates the pass or fail status of the students.
The Joint Implementation Committee of JEE (Advanced) 2020 is the cutoff deciding body of JEE Advanced AAT 2020. The srudents who score more than the cutoff marks are declared pass in the examination. The qualifying candidaes are allotted B.Arch seats in IIT Roorkee and IIT Kharagpur based on their JEE Advanced 2020 scores.
JEE Advanced AAT 2020 Selection Criteria
Considering the marks in the following examination, candidates will be given admission in Architecture course.
- Architecture Aptitude Test
- Performance in Class XII or equivalent examination
Details About Class 12th Examination
For taking admission in B.Arch course, the candidates need to fulfill either one of the following given criteria.
- The candidates must have secured minimum 75% marks in class 12th or equivalent. The candidates belonging to SC / ST / Pwd candidates must have secured at least 65% marks.
- The candidates must be in top 20 percentile in class 12th board examination in 2019 or 2020.
- The candidates must have passed 10+2 with compulsory subjects Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
Marks Considered for Calculation of Top 20 percentile
- Any one language (if candidates have two language, then, the higher marks in any of the language will be considered)
- Any subject other than above four subjects
Other Important Information Regarding Class 12th Marks
- The candidates who appeared in Class 12th or equivalent examination for the first time in 2019 and reappeared in all the subjects, then, best of the two performances will be considered.
- In case of any subjects PCM and language are not evaluated in the final year, then, the marks from the same subjects from the previous years will be used to calculate the percentage of aggregate marks.
- For the calculation of the total marks for 5 subjects, if the marks awarded in a subject is NOT out of 100, then the marks will be scaled out of 100 so that the total aggregate marks is from 500.
B.Arch Course at the IITs
There are only 2 IITs as of now that offer B.Arch course. These 2 IITs are IIT Roorkee and IIT Kahargpur. To take admisison in the B.Arch course in any one of these IITs, students have to qualify JEE Advanced and hence JEE Main 2020 B.E/B.Tech paper too.
Once they qualify the JEE Advanced 2020 Paper, they have to pass the Architecture Aptitude Test (AAT).
Seats in B.Arch course in the IITs, as per the last academic session:
|IIT||No. of seats|
AAT 2020 Exam Frequently Asked Questions
Ans : After giving AAT, the candidates can take admission in any of the colleges like IIT Kharagpur and IIT Roorkee.
Ans : No, for taking admission in Architecture course, it is mandatory to qualify JEE Advanced 2020.
Ans : The questions asked in the exam will test your knowledge according to different subject areas such as Imagination and Aesthetic Sensitivity, Freehand Drawing, Geometric Drawing, 3 D Perception etc.
Ans : You will be given a total duration of 3 hours to complete the paper.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.