NMAT by GMAC is an important national level MBA entrance test leading to admission in top MBA colleges like NMIMS Mumbai, XIM Bhubaneswar and many other Universities & B-schools. Last year, 88,000 candidates took NMAT by GMAC exam. NMIMS Mumbai, ranked amongst the top B-schools in India, accepts only NMAT by GMAC exam score. Graduate Management Global Connection (GMGC) is administering NMAT. GMGC is a subsidiary of Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC).
NMAT exam, which you may know as NMIMS Management Admission Test (although now it is officially known as NMAT by GMAC) is a computer-based test. It is important for those candidates who wish to take admission in the leading management schools of India.
|Registration starts on||03 Jul 2018||1st week of October 2019|
|Late Registration||04 Jul 2018||3rd week of October 2019|
|Exam Delivery||04 Oct 2018||3rd week of December 2019|
|Final Announcement of Results||2nd week of Jan 2019||2nd week of Jan 2020|
Highlights of NMAT
- 4 new test centres have been added to the list of international centres-Nepal, Bhutan, Bangladesh & Srilanka
- 20 new test centres have been introduced in India
- GMAC has activated an account which covers exam registration process, exam scheduling, admit card, score card, NMAT study material etc.
- GMAC has also added the facility of Mobile wallets for easy payment using 12 leading mobile wallets
- 23 leading institutions accept the NMAT by GMAC
- Exam can be taken 3 times by the candidate in a given admission cycle
- There is NO negative marking
- Multiple Login Methods- Login through Facebook, Google, One Time Password (OTP), previous year credentials
- Additional Payment Options- International credit card, UPI
- Improved Official NMAT Prep -Resources Enhanced diagnostics for NMAT Prep online exam, Free online exam with OG
NMAT Exam Pattern
NMAT has been taking place in Computer-based format since 2009. This year, as well, it will be conducted in online mode only. You will receive question paper containing total 120 Multiple type questions to be completed in 120 minutes
Question paper consists topics covering 3 sections: Language Skills, Quantitative Skills and Logical Reasoning. From Language Skills Portion, possible number of questions asked may lie somewhere around 32 to be completed in 22 minutes ideally. Then, from Quantitative Skills portion, candidates get around 27-48 questions to be completed in 60 minutes. And finally, from LR section, you may get 40 questions and to complete this section, you should spend 38 minutes ideally. The time allotted to each section must not exceed. The automatic timer shuts the page when time is up. The examinee will not be able to return to the previous section, if the clock stops. Therefore, you are advised to utilize the time ideally.
|Section||No. of Questions||Marks per question||Allotted Time|
|Language Skills||32||3||22 minutes|
|Quantitative Skills||48||3||60 minutes|
|Logical Reasoning||40||3||38 minutes|
|Total||120 questions||360 marks||120 minutes|
Test Centre Locations
The NMAT by GMAC™ exam will be delivered at 58 test centres across 44 cities throughout India and at 4 International centres.
Domestic Test Centres
* Some cities will have multiple test centres to choose from.
|Agra, Chandigarh, Dehradun, Delhi, Faridabad, Gurgaon, Jammu, Kanpur, Lucknow, Noida, Patiala, Varanasi||North|
|Ahmedabad, Jaipur, Jodhpur, Kota, Mumbai, Nagpur, Nasik, Pune, Pilani, Surat, Vadodara||West|
|Bengaluru, Chennai, Kochi, Hyderabad, Manipal, Mysore, Tiruchirapalli, Vellore, Vizag, Vijaywada||South|
|Bhopal, Indore, Jabalpur, Raipur||Central|
|Bhubaneswar, Guwahati, Jamshedpur, Kolkata, Patna, Ranchi, Shillong||East|
NMAT Score Range
The scorecard will consist the Final score including a scaled score section wise. The total score of NMAT Result will also be displayed as the percentile ranking.
|Logical Reasoning skills||0-120|
The candidates will login into their NMAT account. After evaluating the final percentile, score will be sent to the elected schools.
Which universities accept NMAT Score?
- SVKM’s Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai, Bangalore, Hyderabad
- Xavier University, Bhubaneswar
- MISB Bocconi, Mumbai
- ICFAI Business School (IBS), Hyderabad and other locations
- Shiv Nadar University, Greater Noida
- Alliance University, Bangalore
- VIT University, Vellore
- Amity University, Delhi NCR
- Thapar School of Management, Chandigarh
- Woxsen School of Business Management, Hyderabad
- University of Petroleum & Energy Studies (UPES), Dehradun
- GITAM School of International Business, Visakhapatnam
- Hyderabad Business School, GITAM University, Hyderabad
- SRM University, Chennai
- BML Munjal University, Delhi
- Mody University, Rajasthan