NIMHANS Entrance Exam 2019 – The application form for NIMHANS 2019 entrance exam for Session 1 has been released. The aspirants can apply online at nimhans.ac.in. The National Institute of Mental Health and Neurosciences is going to the NIMHANS 2019 Online test on October 20, 2019. The Institute conducts NIMHANS entrance exam twice a year for admission to programs such as Ph.D., various Post Doctoral fellowship, and Post MD/DNB courses. The candidates can check complete details on NIMHANS entrance exam 2019 including eligibility criteria, application process, exam pattern etc from this page.
NIMHANS Entrance Exam 2019
Selection to programs offered at the institute is purely on the basis of the candidate’s performance in the online entrance test. Those who appear for the exam and get qualifying marks can attend counseling to give preferences of the subject and document verification. The candidates can check the complete schedule for NIMHANS 2019 entrance exam for Session 1 and 2 from the table below.
|NIMHANS Entrance exam 2019||Session I Dates||Session II Dates|
|NIMHANS released admission notice and prospectus on||17 Jan 2019||01 Aug 2019|
|Application form available from||17 Jan 2019||01 Aug 2019|
|Date of Closure of registration||16 Feb 2019||31 Aug 2019|
|Downloading of Admit Card starts from||To be announced||To be announced|
|Entrance exam held on||30-31 Mar 2019 – Ph.D., Super specialty, Postdoctoral and Postgraduate Courses
21 Apr 2019 – B.Sc. Courses
|20 Oct 2019|
|Date of Result||To be announced!||To be announced!|
|Date of interview & Counselling||28-30 May 2019||04 Nov 2019|
|Date of Admission||04 Jun 2019 (Ph.D., Super speciality, Postdoctoral and Postgraduate Courses)
07 Jun 2019 (B.Sc. and Diploma Course)
|05 Dec 2019|
|Date of course commencement||01 Jul 2019||01 Jan 2020|
NIMHANS 2019 Eligibility Criteria
It is necessary for all the candidates to fulfill the eligibility criteria of the examination, else, they will not be granted admission. The criteria for eligibility is as mentioned below:
NIMHANS 2019 Age Limit:
- For PG and Superspeciality courses, the age of the candidate should not be more than 32 years for MBBS degree holders and 35 years for PG medical degree holders as on July 01, 2019.
- The maximum age limit for applying for admission in MSc in Biostatistics course is 30 years. There is a relaxation of 03 years for OBC candidates.
- The age limit for candidates for admission in Sc in Nursing, Radiography and Anaesthesia Technology courses is between 17- 25 years old.
- For the SC/St category candidates, age is relaxable by a maximum of 5 years and by a maximum of 3 years for OBC applicants as on the date of commencement of courses.
- The Age of the candidate should not be more than 45 years as on the date of commencement of courses in case of sponsored/deputed candidates.
NIMHANS 2019 Education Qualification:
The required minimum education qualification for each course is as mentioned below:
Eligibility criteria for Ph.D. in Clinical Neurosciences (ICMR Programme):
- The candidates should possess a MD in Psychiatry/ General Medicine/ Community Medicine/ Paediatrics OR MS in General Surgery OR DM in Neurology / Child and Adolescent Psychiatry / Geriatric Psychiatry / Addiction Medicine OR M.Ch. in Neurosurgery.
DM Degree in Neurology: (a) Post MBBS: The duration of the course will be for a period of five years, (b) Post MD/DNB in Internal (General) Medicine or Paediatrics: The duration of the course will be for a period of three years.
Post-Doctoral Fellowship in Addiction Medicine: MD/DNB in Psychiatry.
Post-Doctoral Fellowship in Acute Care & Emergency Psychiatry: MD/DNB in Psychiatry.
Post-Doctoral Fellowship in Child & Adolescent Psychiatry: MD/DNB in Psychiatry.
Post-Doctoral Fellowship in Clinical Neuro Sciences & Therapeutics in Schizophrenia: MD/DNB in Psychiatry.
Post-Doctoral Fellowship in Community Mental Health: MD/DNB in Psychiatry.
Post-Doctoral Fellowship in Consultation Liasion Psychiatry: MD/DNB in Psychiatry.
Post-Doctoral Fellowship in Neurology
a) Epilepsy b) Movement Disorders c) Neuromuscular Disorder d) Stroke: DM/DNB in Neurology.
Post-Doctoral Fellowship in Forensic Psychiatry: MD/DNB in Psychiatry.
(The duration of Post Doctoral Fellowship courses will be for a period of one year)
Post-Doctoral Fellowship in Geriatric Psychiatry: MD/DNB in Psychiatry.
Post-Doctoral Fellowship in Neuroinfection: MD in Microbiology.
Post-Doctoral Fellowship in Hospital Infection Control: MD/DNB in Microbiology.
Post-Doctoral Fellowship in Non-Invasive Brain Stimulation of Psychiatric Disorders: MD/DNB in Psychiatry.
Post-Doctoral Fellowship in Transfusion Medicine: MD/DNB in Pathology/Medicine/Pediatrics/Microbiology/Anaesthesia/ Emergency Medicine or any other clinical equivalent degree recognized from a recognized institution in India
Post-Doctoral Fellowship in Obsessive Compulsive disorder & related disorders: MD/DNB in Psychiatry.
Post-Doctoral Fellowship in Neurological Rehabilitation: MD/DNB (Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation).
Common for all Courses:
The qualifying degrees for all the above-mentioned courses should be from a University recognized by NIMHANS. For Medical qualification, the degree should be recognized by the Medical Council of India.
The Candidates should have obtained not less than 55% of Marks in the aggregate in qualifying degree for non-medical courses.
A relaxation of 5% on the aggregate of marks obtained will be given for non-medical and Ph.D. courses in respect of SC/ST candidates.
10% relaxation in the qualifying marks of the Entrance Test will be given for all Post Doctoral Fellowship courses for the Sponsored/Deputed Candidates.
NIMHANS 2019 Application Form
The application form for NIMHANS entrance exam 2019 has been released online. The candidates will have to submit the NIMHANS 2019 Application Form along with the necessary documents and photographs. Candidates can apply for maximum three (03) courses through a single application form. At the time of filling in details in the NIMHANS Application Form, the aspirants need to select the test city preference. The choice of test city once chosen and submitted by the candidate is final and cannot be changed. After filling in all the necessary details, the aspirants have to pay the required amount of application fee.
The aspirants need to pay the following amount of Application Fee as given in the table below.
|For Ph.D., Super specialty, Postdoctoral and Postgraduate Courses||For BSc, Diploma, and Certificate courses|
|Indian national applicant belonging to General or OBC applicants and foreign national applicants||Rs. 1500/- per course||Rs. 1000/- per course|
|Indian national applicants belonging to SC or ST category||Rs. 1000/- per course||Rs. 750/- per course|
|Indian national applicants belonging to PWD category||No application fee||No application fee|
Mode of Payment: The aspirants need to pay the application fee by Credit Card/ Debit Card/ Net banking
NIMHANS 2019 Admit Card
Those who successfully register for the entrance exam before the last date by making complete payment are issued the NIMHANS 2019 Admit Card. The aspirants will be able to download their admit card through online mode only. The candidates have to carry the print out of the NIMHANS Admit Card on the day of the test. It will consist of date and timings of the test, the address of the test center, etc. No hard copy of the NIMHANS 2019 Admit Card is going to be sent to the candidates by post.
NIMHANS 2019 Test Center
The candidates will have to give at least 3 preferences for the test center in the NIMHANS 2019 Application Form. The test centers at which the NIMHANS entrance exam 2019 is going to be conducted are as follows:
Test Center for Session I
- For PG courses: Bengaluru, Chennai, Cochin, Delhi, Hyderabad, Kolkata and Pune.
- For UG courses: Bengaluru, Chennai, Cochin, and Hyderabad
Test Center for Session II – Bengaluru, Delhi, Kolkata, and Pune
NIMHANS 2019 Exam Pattern
The Institutes conducts an Online entrance examination, NIMHANS entrance exam. The test consists of multiple choice objective type questions which a candidate need to solve in a duration of 90 minutes. There will be 100 MCQ type questions. There is a negative marking of 0.25 marks for an incorrect answer.
Courses for which Common Entrance Exam is Conducted
- A common entrance exam is going to be conducted for MD in Psychiatry, DM in Neurology and M.Ch in Neurosurgery courses. The exam will be of 60 minutes duration and wil consist of 70 MCQ type questions
- 9 Postdoctoral Fellowship courses under Psychiatry (except in Geriatric Psychiatry and Addiction Medicine Courses) in two stages. The first stage is the Online test which is for 80 marks and the second stage is Clinical / Practical / Lab Based Assessment (OSCE) for 20 Marks.
- 6 Postdoctoral Fellowship courses under Department of Neurology.
- DM in Neuroanaesthesia & Neurocritical Care and Postdoctoral Fellowship in Neuroanaesthesia & Postdoctoral Fellowship in Neurocritical Care courses.
- DM in Neuropathology and Postdoctoral Fellowship in Neuropathology Courses
- DM in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and Postdoctoral Fellowship in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Courses.
- DM in Geriatric Psychiatry and Postdoctoral Fellowship in Geriatric Psychiatry Courses
- DM in Addiction Psychiatry and Postdoctoral Fellowship in Addiction Medicine Courses.
- B.Sc. in Nursing, B.Sc. in Anaesthesia Technology and B.Sc. in Radiography
Note: Separate entrance tests will be conducted for all other courses offered at NIMHANS
NIMHANS 2019 Selection Criteria
The selection criteria for the courses offered at NIMHANS is different for each course. The candidates can check the selection process for each course from below.
|Name of the Course||Mode of Selection||Cut off in Online entrance test|
|Phd Programme||Online Entrance Test + Interview||50% (for all category candidates)|
|Super speciality Courses||Online Entrance Test + Verification of Original Certificates on the day of admission|
|Postdoctoral Fellowship Course||Online Entrance Test + Verification of Original Certificates on the day of admission.|
|Fellowship Courses||Online Entrance Test + Verification of Original Certificates on the day of admission||UR/OBC- 50%
SC/ST – 45%
|MD in Psychiatry Course||Online Entrance Test + Verification of Original Certificates on the day of admission|
|M.Phil. Courses||Online Entrance Test + Verification of Original Certificates on the day of admission.|
|M.Sc. Courses||Online Entrance Test + Verification of Original Certificates on the day of admission.|
|Postgraduate Diploma Course||Online Entrance Test + Verification of Original Certificates on the day of admission.|
|Undergraduate Courses||Online Entrance Test + Verification of Original Certificates on the day of admission.||UR/OBC- 50%
SC/ST – 45%
NIMHANS 2019 Result
The result for NIMHANS 2019 entrance exam is going to be announced online at the Institute’s official website. The selection of candidates for admission in the courses offered at NIMHANS is done on the basis of their performance in the entrance examination. After the declaration of the result, the Institute prepares a course wise and category wise merit list for all the courses. Those whose name is included in the merit list are then eligible to appear for admission in all courses and interview in case of Ph.D.
MIMHANS Admission 2019 Seat Details
The candidates can check the seat details for NIMHANS Admission for the academic session 2019-2020 below.
- Click Here to open the above in a new window
Official Website: www.nimhans.ac.in
For more details regarding the NIMHANS Entrance Exam 2019 follow the following Information Brochure.
- Ph.D., various Post Doctoral fellowship, and Post MD/DNB courses. – Download Information Brochure-