NIMHANS Nursing Admission 2020: National Institute of Mental Health and Neuro Sciences conducts entrance test for admission to Nursing courses. All the interested candidates can check the notification for the NIMHANS Nursing Admission 2020 on the official website nimhans.ac.in. The entrance test is conducted in online mode only. It is a national level exam so candidates from the different state can also appear for the same. The admission to UG, PG, Diploma courses in Nursing will be done on the basis of the NIMHANS Entrance Exam 2020. For more details about NIMHANS Nursing Admission 2020, stay tuned.
Latest: The NIMHANS Nursing 2020 Admission or session 2 has been delayed.
NIMHANS Nursing Admission 2020
All the candidates who are willing to take admission in Nursing course must know the schedule for the conduct of the admission process. The expected schedule for the conduct of NIMHANS Nursing Admission 2020 is provided below for candidate’s reference.
|Event||Session 1||Session 2|
|Release of advertisement||01 Jan 2020|
to be announced
|Online Applications start||01 Jan 2020|
to be announced
|Online Applications end||31 Jan 2020|
to be announced
|Exam Date (except B.Sc)||28 -29 Mar 2020||18 Oct 2020|
|Exam Date (B.Sc courses)||19 Apr 2020||–|
|Result (except B.Sc.)||to be announced||to be announced|
|Result (B.Sc. courses)||to be announced||–|
|Interview for Ph.D.||28-30 May 2020||06 Nov 2020|
|Admission Date||03 Jun 2020 (Except B.Sc)|
06 Jun 2020( B.Sc and Diploma)
|07 Dec 2020|
|Course Commencement||01 Jul 2020||01 Jan 2021|
NIMHANS Nursing Eligibility Criteria 2020
In order to apply for the exam candidates must ensure that they fulfills the eleigibility crietria. if any candidate found ineligible at any stage of the exam then the admission will get cancelled. Candidates can check the NIMHANS Eligibility Criteria from the section below.
M.Sc. in Psychiatric Nursing: 2 years duration
Minimum qualification for admission
- The candidate should be a Registered Nurse and Registered Midwife (R.N. & R.M.) or equivalent with any State Nursing Registration Council.
- The minimum education requirements shall be the passing of B.Sc. Nursing/B.Sc. Hons. Nursing/ Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing with minimum of 55% aggregate marks.
- The candidate should have studied B.Sc. Nursing/B.Sc. Hons. Nursing/Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing in an institution which is recognized by INC.
- Minimum of one year experience after Basic B.Sc. Nursing as on the day of Counselling.
- Minimum of one year of work experience prior to or after post basic B.Sc. Nursing as on the day of Counselling.
- The candidate shall be medically fit.
B.Sc. in Nursing: 4 years duration
Minimum Qualification for Admission: Pass in
- Pre-University examination conducted by the department of Pre-University OR
- Higher Secondary School Certificate Examination (12 years course) OR
- Senior School Certificate Examination, Pre-degree Examination (10+2) OR
- An Equivalent with 12 years of Schooling from a recognized Board or University.
*With Physics, Chemistry, Biology & English with a minimum of 45% aggregate.
B.Sc. in Radiography: 3 years duration (1 year Compulsory Internship)
Minimum Qualification for Admission: Pass in
- Pre-University examination conducted by the Department of Pre-University OR
- An Equivalent examination recognized by the NIMHANS, Bangalore OR
- Job Oriented Diploma course from a recognized Board with Diagnostic Radiography as vocational subject or Equivalent.
*With Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biology & English with a minimum of 45% aggregate.
B.Sc. in Anaesthesia Technology: 3 years duration. (1 year Compulsory Internship)
Minimum Qualification for Admission: Pass in Two year Pre University Examination or equivalent with a Science group has secured an aggregate of 45% in Science subjects.
Post Basic Diploma in Psychiatric/Mental Health Nursing: 1 Year duration
Minimum qualification for admission: Should be a registered Nurse (R.N. & R.M.) with State Nursing Council and have one year experience as staff nurse.
Post Basic Diploma in Neurosciences Nursing: 1-year duration
Minimum qualification for admission: Should be a Registered Nurse (R.N. & R.M.) with State Nursing Council and have one year experience as staff nurse.
The age of candidates for all B.Sc. courses should be between minimum of 17 years and maximum of 25 years as prescribed in the notification.
NIMHANS Nursing 2020 Application Form
Candidates who are eligible and interested in getting admission have to appear in the exam for which they need to fill the application form. Candidates can fill the application form in online mode on the official website nimhans.ac.in. Abstract need not be sent separately. Candidates are advised that they must ensure their eligibility and other condition before filling online application. A candidate can apply for a maximum of 3 courses only, provided they are eligible. No candidates will be offered admission without the verification of all necessary original eligibility certificates/documents/enclosures. Candidates not attending counseling will not be considered for admission in courses at NIMHANS.
To submit the application form successfully candidates need to pay the required amount of application fee, failure of which may lead to rejection of the application form. The details about the fee are mentioned below as per last year’s infromation.
- M.Sc. in Psychiatric Nursing Course is Rs. 500/- for General/OBC and Rs. 1,000/- for SC/ST candidates. II. UG Courses (B.Sc. in Anaesthesia Technology/Nursing/Radiography, DPN, DNN, DCNT, and CCNT) is Rs.1,000/- per course for General candidates and Rs. 750/- per course for SC/ST candidates.
- The payment is to be made online only with Debit/Credit Cards and/or online transfer. Other modes of payment including Demand Draft will not be accepted at any cost.
Foreign Nationals are required to route their application through the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India, New Delhi. Sponsored candidates should submit their application through proper channel. The candidates should produce the sponsorship certificate in the prescribed format
NIMHANS Nursing Exam Pattern 2020
Candidates who are interested in appearing for the exam must know the exam pattern beforehand so that they can prepare better and can score better results. The section given below will entitle the exam pattern for NIMHANS Nursing Exam Pattern 2020.
- Mode of Examination: Online mode
- Types of Questions: Multiple Choice types Questions
- No. of Questions: 100
- Duration of Exam: 90 minutes
- Negative Marking: 1 mark will be rewarded for every correct answer and 0.25 marks will be deducted for every wrong answer.
NIMHANS Nursing 2020 Admit Card
Eligible candidates must take the printout of their Admit Card for the Entrance Test from NIMHANS website only. Admit Card will not send by post. List of qualified candidates for interview/counseling will be notified on the Institute’s Notice Board and Website. No separate individual intimation will be given. The decision of the Director in all matters regarding selection will be final and no representation in any form will be entertained. The candidate must visit the website from time to time for all necessary details. It is mandatory to carry the admit card to teh exam center. No candidate will be allowed to enter the exam center without possessing a valid admit card. Candidates are advised to reach the examination center at least 30 minutes before the commencement of the exam.
NIMHANS Nursing 2020 Result
Candidates who will appear in the exam will be able to check the result for the exam. The result will be declared by the NIMHANS on the official website nimhans.ac.in. The result for the exam will be available in the PDF format where candidates have to find their name in the list. The result will carry the names of all the qualified candidates. Candidates whose anmes will be their in the list will be called for further admission process.
Tie Breaking Criteria
If two or more candidates, who appeared for the same course, score the same marks in the entrance test, their merit is decided as per the following criteria. Candidates appearing higher in this list are given priority over those under.
- Number of attempts
- Higher marks in qualifying exam
- Older in age
- Less negative marks in entrance test
NIMHANS Nursing 2020 Selection Process
The selection process for admission to nursing course is mentioned here for candidate’s reference so candidates can check for the same.
- Selection of Candidates for M.Sc. in Psychiatric Nursing Course will be based on the marks obtained by the Candidate in the Online Entrance Test. The Eligible candidates shall be called to appear before a duly constituted Selection Committee for the counselling. Verification of all the original documents pertaining to eligibility will be done at the time of Counseling.
- Selection for all B.Sc. Courses (B.Sc. in Anaesthesia Technology/Nursing/Radiography) will be based on the marks obtained by the candidate in the common Online Entrance Test. The Eligible candidates shall be called to appear before a duly constituted Selection Committee for the counselling. Verification of all the original documents pertaining to eligibility will be done at the time of counseling.
- All applications received for DPN, DNN and Certificate Course in Neurophysiology Technology (CCNT) shall be considered by a Committee constituted by the Director. Weightage in selection shall be given to those candidates sponsored by the Government and other Institutions. Verification of all the original documents pertaining to eligibility will be done at the time of counseling.
- All applications received for DCNT course shall be considered by a Committee constituted by the Director and the applicants fulfilling the basic qualifications shall appear before the committee constituted by the Director. Verification of all the original documents pertaining to eligibility will be done at the time of interview.
NIMHANS Nursing 2020 Reservation
Some seats are reserved for various categories among the seats available for nursing course. The details of seats reserved for domicile category is provided below.
NIMHANS Nursing 2020 Seat Details
Some seats are reserved for various categories among the seats available for nursing course.Number of seats and reservation may vary from time to time as per the directions of the Government of India through relevant notifications. III. There is no reservation of seats (for applicants belonging to OBC/SC/ST Categories) in Ph.D. Programs, Postdoctoral Fellowship and Super speciality courses.
For Karnataka Domicile there are 50 Seats available in the B.Sc Nursing (UG) Course.
NIMHANS stands for National Institute of Mental Health and Neuro Sciences which was formed as a result of amalagamation of All India Institute of Mental Health and Mental Hospital, Karnataka. It came into existence in the year 1974 with an objective of generating man power in the field of mental health and neuro science. It was conferred ‘Deemed to be University’ status by UGC in 1994 and NIMHANS became an autonomous and independent university.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Ans. The information regarding Syllabus for all courses offered at NIMHANS, can be obtained by contacting the concerned Department of NIMHANS or by going through the information already provided in the Prospectus under ‘Program of Study’ under Individual courses/ Under Department Section.
Ans. Entrance Exam Fees/Application fee will not be waived off at any cost nor will be refunded to the applicants.
Ans. Any mistakes needs to be rectified before making the payment, after making the application payment, changes are not permissible.
Official Website: nimhans.ac.in
For more details of NIMHANS Entrance Exam 2020 Download NIMHANS Information Brochure.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.