National Institute of Mental Health and Neuro Sciences has released notification from the eligible candidates to admission in the various Nursing programme through an Online entrance test for the academic year 2018-19. Candidates may fill their application for various courses from the official website as per schedule is given here. Candidates can check the complete information of NIMHANS Nursing Admission 2018 application process, eligibility criteria and other information on this page below.
NIMHANS Nursing Admission 2018 – Entrance Test
Candidates seeking admission courses have to fill online application from the official website nimhansonline.in on before the last date of application. Admit Card will be issued to those candidates who fill their application on time. The entrance exam will be held on June 24, 2018.
Schedule for the NIMHANS Nursing Admission 2018 is given below.
|Online availability of application forms||05 May 2018|
|Last date for online submission of application||31 May 2018|
|Date of Online Entrance Test||24 Jun 2018|
|Merit List of the qualified candidates||to be announced|
|Date of Interview/Counseling|
|M.Sc. in Psychiatric Nursing||Last week of June 2018|
|All UG Courses (B.Sc. in Anaesthesia Technology/Nursing/Radiography /DPN/DNN/DCNT and DDNT)||Third week of Jul 2018|
|Commencement of Courses|
|M.Sc. in Psychiatric Nursing||02 Jul 2018|
|All UG Courses (B.Sc. in Anaesthesia Technology/Nursing/Radiography /DPN/DNN/DCNT and DDNT)||01 Aug 2018|
|Last date for admission|
|M.Sc. in Psychiatric Nursing||09 Jul 2018|
|All UG Courses (B.Sc. in Anaesthesia Technology/Nursing/Radiography /DPN/DNN/DCNT and CCNT)||07 Aug 2018|
NIMHANS Nursing 2018 Application Form
Application forms for all the courses are available online at the NIMHANS website www.nimhans.ac.in. The applications have to be filled online and submitted online. Application with enclosures will be received online only. Abstract need not be sent separately. Candidates are advised must ensure their eligibility and other condition before filling online application. A candidate can apply for a maximum of 3 courses only, provided they are eligible. No candidates will be offered admission without the verification of all necessary original eligibility certificates/documents/enclosures. Candidates not attending counseling will not be considered for admission in courses at NIMHANS.
- M.Sc. in Psychiatric Nursing Course is Rs. 1,500/- for General/OBC and Rs. 1,000/- for SC/ST candidates. II. UG Courses (B.Sc. in Anaesthesia Technology/Nursing/Radiography, DPN, DNN, DCNT, and CCNT) is Rs.1,000/- per course for General candidates and Rs. 750/- per course for SC/ST candidates.
- The payment is to be made online only with Debit/Credit Cards and/or online transfer. Other modes of payment including Demand Draft will not be accepted at any cost.
Foreign Nationals are required to route their application through the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India, New Delhi. Sponsored candidates should submit their application through proper channel. The candidates should produce the sponsorship certificate in the prescribed format
M.Sc. in Psychiatric Nursing: 2 years duration
Minimum qualification for admission
- The candidate should be a Registered Nurse and Registered Midwife (R.N. & R.M.) or equivalent with any State Nursing Registration Council.
- The minimum education requirements shall be the passing of B.Sc. Nursing/B.Sc. Hons. Nursing/ Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing with minimum of 55% aggregate marks.
- The candidate should have studied B.Sc. Nursing/B.Sc. Hons. Nursing/Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing in an institution which is recognized by INC.
- Minimum of one year experience after Basic B.Sc. Nursing as on the day of Counselling.
- Minimum of one year of work experience prior to or after post basic B.Sc. Nursing as on the day of Counselling.
- The candidate shall be medically fit.
B.Sc. in Nursing: 4 years duration
Minimum Qualification for Admission: Pass in
- Pre-University examination conducted by the department of Pre-University OR
- Higher Secondary School Certificate Examination (12 years course) OR
- Senior School Certificate Examination, Pre-degree Examination (10+2) OR
- An Equivalent with 12 years of Schooling from a recognized Board or University.
*With Physics, Chemistry, Biology & English with a minimum of 45% aggregate.
B.Sc. in Radiography: 3 years duration
Minimum Qualification for Admission: Pass in
- Pre-University examination conducted by the Department of Pre-University OR
- An Equivalent examination recognized by the NIMHANS, Bangalore OR
- Job Oriented Diploma course from a recognized Board with Diagnostic Radiography as vocational subject or Equivalent.
*With Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biology & English with a minimum of 45% aggregate.
B.Sc. in Anaesthesia Technology: 3 years duration.
Minimum Qualification for Admission: Pass in Two year Pre University Examination or equivalent with a Science group has secured an aggregate of 45% in Science subjects.
Post Basic Diploma in Psychiatric/Mental Health Nursing: 1 Year duration
Minimum qualification for admission: Should be a registered Nurse (R.N. & R.M.) with State Nursing Council and have one year experience as staff nurse.
Post Basic Diploma in Neurosciences Nursing: 1-year duration
Minimum qualification for admission: Should be a Registered Nurse (R.N. & R.M.) with State Nursing Council and have one year experience as staff nurse.
The age of candidates for all B.Sc. courses should be between minimum of 17 years and maximum of 25 years as on August 01, 2018.
NIMHANS Nursing 2018 Admit Card
Eligible candidates must take the printout of their Admit Card for the Entrance Test from NIMHANS website only. Admit Card will not be sent by post. List of qualified candidates for interview/counseling will be notified on the Institute’s Notice Board and Website. No separate individual intimation will be given. The decision of the Director in all matters regarding selection will be final and no representation in any form will be entertained. The candidate must visit the website from time to time for all necessary details.
NIMHANS Nursing 2018 Selection Process
- Selection of Candidates for M.Sc. in Psychiatric Nursing Course will be based on the marks obtained by the Candidate in the Online Entrance Test. The Eligible candidates shall be called to appear before a duly constituted Selection Committee for the counselling. Verification of all the original documents pertaining to eligibility will be done at the time of Counseling.
- Selection for all B.Sc. Courses (B.Sc. in Anaesthesia Technology/Nursing/Radiography) will be based on the marks obtained by the candidate in the common Online Entrance Test. The Eligible candidates shall be called to appear before a duly constituted Selection Committee for the counselling. Verification of all the original documents pertaining to eligibility will be done at the time of counseling.
- All applications received for DPN, DNN and Certificate Course in Neurophysiology Technology (CCNT) shall be considered by a Committee constituted by the Director. Weightage in selection shall be given to those candidates sponsored by the Government and other Institutions. Verification of all the original documents pertaining to eligibility will be done at the time of counseling.
- All applications received for DCNT course shall be considered by a Committee constituted by the Director and the applicants fulfilling the basic qualifications shall appear before the committee constituted by the Director. Verification of all the original documents pertaining to eligibility will be done at the time of interview.
Courses Offered & Seats
*50% Seats are reserved for Post Diploma Candidates.
# Nurses applying for the above course from other countries have to obtain an equivalence certificate from INC before applying.
Indian Nationals who are permanent employees sponsored by the State/Central Government or Public Sector Undertakings of State/Central Government, fall under sponsored/Deputed category. 65% of seats in all B.Sc. Courses are reserved for Domiciles of Karnataka State.
Official Website: nimhansonline.in
For more details of NIMHANS Entrance Exam 2018 check Admission Notice.