WB JECA 2023 will be held on 08 July 2023. WBJEEB has started application form correction at wbjeeb.nic.in. Next admit card will release on 28 June 2023. Whereas, WB JECA 2023 exam will held on 08 July 2023.
It is the State level MCA entrance exam. Organized by WBJEEB, JECA exam is for admission to MCA courses in various Universities, Government as well as Self Financing Institutes in the State of West Bengal. Its official website is wbjeeb.nic.in. Get here the JECA study material like syllabus, question papers, exam pattern, and latest news on registration, admit card, answer key, result.
Latest – WB JECA 2023 application form correction is out. Get the link to apply online here.
WB JECA 2023
What is WB JECA exam?
The full form of JECA is Joint Entrance for admission in to MCA course. It is a State level MCA entrance examination conducted by WBJEEB. MCA admission in various Universities, Government as well as Self Financing Institutes in the State of West Bengal for 2023-24 session is on the basis of WB JECA 2023.
WB JECA 2023 Exam Date
WBJEEB decides and announces the exam date of WB JECA 2023. Note the following dates. However, also check wbjeeb.nic.in regularly for any changes in schedule.
|Release of notification||As per WBJEEB|
|Release of WB JECA 2023 application form||27 Jan 2023|
|Last date to apply online at wbjeeb.nic.in||08 Feb 2023, 5:30 pm|
|Online correction and downloading revised confirmation page||10-11 Feb 2023|
|WB JECA 2023 admit card release date||28 Jun – 08 Jul 2023|
|WB JECA 2023 Exam Date||08 Jul 2023 |
12 noon to 2 pm
|Release of official answer key||As per WBJEEB|
|WB JECA 2023 result announcement||As per WBJEEB|
Important Downloads and Official Links
- Information Brochure
- Registration Manual
- Rules of examination
- Proformas for certificates
- Examination zones
- Important instructions
- Seat Matrix
WB JECA 2023 – An Exam Overview
Highlights of the examination are as follows.
|Name of Exam||JECA 2023|
|Full Form of JECA||Joint Entrance for admission in to MCA course|
|Full Form of WBJEEB||West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board|
|Level of Exam||State|
|Type of Exam||MCA Entrance Exam|
|Courses Where Admission is Through JECA||MCA|
|Colleges Where Admission is Through JECA||various Universities, Government as well as Self Financing Institutes in the State of West Bengal|
|Minimum Educational Qualification||UG|
|Mode of Exam||Offline OMR Based Test|
|Type of Questions||MCQ|
|Number of Questions||100|
|Exam Duration||2 hours|
WB JECA 2023 Application Form
Any student who wishes to appear in the Joint Entrance for admission in to MCA course needs to first fill up the application form. Important points are as follows.
- WBJEEB releases the JECA application form 2023 at wbjeeb.nic.in.
- Students should fill and submit the JECA online application form before the last date.
- In order to apply, one has to do the WB JECA 2023 registration, then enter details in the online form, upload documents required, and pay the fee.
- Also, only eligible students should apply for the Joint Entrance for admission in to MCA course.
The question paper of Joint Entrance for admission in to MCA course will be as per the exam pattern. The WB JECA 2023 exam pattern conveys the mode, important topics, question distribution, marking scheme. Latest exam scheme is as per wbjeeb.nic.in. You can also practice the pattern, type of questions with PYQPs and JECA sample question papers. WB JECA 2023 mock tests are also a good way to familiarize yourself with the pattern.
The exam pattern is as follows
- Mode of Exam – The exam is a Offline OMR Based Test.
- Question type – The questions are MCQ.
- Number of Questions – There are 100 questions in the WB JECA.
- Total Marks – Maximum marks in the JECA is 120.
- Exam Duration – The entrance exam is of 2 hours.
- Language of Question Paper – The question paper is in language English.
Marking Scheme –
|Category 1:||Category 2:|
|– Only one option is correct.|
– Correct option will yield 1 (one) mark
– Incorrect option will yield -¼ (negative ¼) marks.
– For any combination of more than one option, even if it contains the correct option, the said answer will be treated as incorrect and will yield -¼ (negative ¼) marks.
– Not attempting the question will fetch 0 marks.
|– One or more options is/are correct.|
– Marking all correct options only will yield 2 (two) marks.
– For any combination of answers containing one or more incorrect options, the said answer will be treated as incorrect, and it will yield zero (0) mark even if one or more of the chosen option(s) is/are correct
– For partially correct answers, i.e., when all correct options are not marked and also no incorrect options are marked, marks awarded = 2 × (no of correct options marked/ total no of actually correct options)
– Not attempting the question will fetch 0 marks
Eligibility Criteria of JECA
The JECA eligibility criteria refers to minimum requirements that applicants must fulfill in order to appear in the exam and/or get admission through it.
- WBJEEB provides the detailed WB JECA 2023 eligibility criteria in the official website wbjeeb.nic.in.
- Eligibility criteria is also in the WB JECA 2023 information brochure.
- Students who have minimum educational qualification, and satisfy age limit are eligible for Joint Entrance for admission in to MCA course.
- Also check eligibility criteria of colleges where admission is through JECA before admission.
WB JECA 2023 Syllabus
The syllabus of JECA exam includes topics from which questions will be asked in the question paper.
- You should study all topics in the JECA syllabus 2023.
- Also solve chapter wise questions to prepare for the Joint Entrance for admission in to MCA course.
- To complete preparing the syllabus, solve JECA previous year question papers.
WB JECA 2023 Admit Card
The JECA admit card refers to the hall ticket. Following are its key details.
- Students who apply on time are issued the JECA admit card.
- WBJEEB releases the admit card at wbjeeb.nic.in.
- Only those students who show the admit card of JECA exam and other required documents on exam day get entry at the center.
- Therefore students should download the JECA admit card 2023 before exam date.
- The hall ticket contains exam date, time, center, guidelines for the Joint Entrance for admission in to MCA course 2023.
WB JECA 2023 Answer Key
The answer key is the set of correct answers to the WB JECA 2023 question paper. When, where, how to get it is as follows.
- You can check the answer key of WB JECA 2023 only after the exam ends.
- If WBJEEB releases the JECA official answer key, then you can download it at wbjeeb.nic.in.
- Follow instructions of the West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board to submit objections, and calculate marks using the JECA solutions.
WB JECA 2023 Result
All students who write the WB JECA 2023 exam eagerly wait for the result as soon as exam ends. Here is what you should know about the results:
- The West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board (WBJEEB) declares the WB JECA 2023 result.
- Next, the official website where WB JECA 2023 result link is published is wbjeeb.nic.in.
- Whereas the result date is as per schedule by WBJEEB.
- In order to check WB JECA 2023 rank, you have to login at the link.
- Then, the score and rank of JECA exam decides your admission to MCA courses.
- Engineering colleges across the country offer admission on basis of JECA results.
Official Website is wbjeeb.nic.in.
West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board
DB-118, Sector-I, Salt Lake City
Toll free No.- 1800-1023-781, 1800-1234-782 (Extn No.- 2)
Frequently Asked Questions
Qs. What is the JECA Exam?
Ans. The JECA exam is a State level MCA entrance exam. It is for admission to MCA courses in various Universities, Government as well as Self Financing Institutes in the State of West Bengal.
Qs. Who conducts JECA?
Ans. The West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board (WBJEEB) conducts this exam.
Qs. What is the official website for WB JECA 2023?
Ans. The official website is wbjeeb.nic.in.
Qs. How to apply for JECA?
Ans. You should apply as per instructions in the WB JECA 2023 notification. Check wbjeeb.nic.in for online application form.
Qs. How to prepare for WB JECA 2023?
Ans. In order to prepare for the exam, first complete the JECA syllabus. Then practise the chapter wise questions from the best reference books for WB JECA 2023. Thereafter solve previous year question papers. Then finally solve sample papers, and take mock tests.
If you have any queries on WB JECA 2023, then please ask in the comments below.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.
Leave a Reply