Joint Entrance Examination for Admission to Master of Computer Application (MCA) Course (JECA 2018) – JECA 2018, the Joint Entrance Examination for admission to Master of Computer Application (MCA) course in West Bengal for the academic session 2018-2019. Interested and Eligible candidates could apply online at the official website www.wbjeeb.in. Candidates can also check the complete information regarding WBJEE JECA 2018 such as application process, eligibility criteria and other information on this page below.
WBJEE JECA 2018
Candidates could fill their application for Master of Computer Application from the official website wbjeeb.in before its last date. Those who filled their application on time are eligible to download the admit card / hall ticket of JECA 2018 for examination. This admission to MCA course will be governed by the reservation policy of the State Government.
|WBJEEB JECA 2018 Online Registration starts from||08 Mar 2018|
|Last date of online form fill-up including payment and downloading confirmation page||02 Apr 2018|
|Last date of downloading confirmation page||05 Apr 2018|
|WBJEE JECA 2018 Admit Card||13 Jun 2018|
|Date of online examination||23 Jun 2018|
|Publication of WBJEE JECA Result 2018||22 Jul 2018|
All future communications will be sent to the registered mobile number and email ID. WBJEEB will not be responsible for non-receipt of any communication by the candidates if the mobile number and/or the email ID are wrong / non existing / changed.
Counselling for WBJEE JECA 2018 has been started. The candidates whose name appear in the merit list are eligible for the counselling. Shortlisted candidates need to fill the application form for appearing in counselling for JECA 2018.
- Click here for more details on the counselling of JECA-2018.
Counselling: Click here to register for counselling of JECA – 2018
- Nationality: The applicant must be a citizen of India.
- Domicile : For admission in to Universities, University departments and government colleges, the candidate must be domicile of West Bengal.
Academic Eligibility Criteria : Various institutions that offer the three years MCA course in the State of West Bengal follows one of the following four modules of eligibility criteria.
- Candidates must have passed 3-year Bachelor degree programs from UGC recognized University with at least 60% in Honour / Aggregate (45% for SC / ST/ OBC A / OBC B / PwD candidates) along with 60% in Mathematics at the Bachelor’s level together with at least 60% marks in Secondary and Higher Secondary or equivalent examination with at least 60% in Mathematics in both Secondary or equivalent and Higher Secondary or equivalent examinations from recognized Boards.
- Candidates, who are due to appear in the 3 year Bachelor degree examination in current year will have to submit their mark sheet or grade card within 3 months from the commencement of the 1st semester classes.
- UGC and/or AICTE recognized (as the case may be) Bachelor’s degree of minimum 3-years duration except BBA with Mathematics at 10+2 level or graduate level.
- Obtained 50% marks (45% marks for SC/ST/OBC-A/OBC-B candidates) at graduation level.
- Graduate or equivalent degree under (10+2+3) pattern in any discipline of a UGC recognized University/Institute or AICTE recognized B.E./B.Tech/BCA of a University/Institute. Candidate must have Mathematics as one of the subjects at each level of education. Candidates have to secure 60% marks (45% marks for SC/ST/OBC- A/OBC-B candidates) at each level education.
- Candidates must pass 3 year B. Sc. Hons. from UGC recognised university with at least 60% in Honours (55% for SC/ST candidates) in Bachelor level having Mathematics as one of the subject together with at least 60% marks in 10th level and (10+2)th level with at least 60% in Mathematics in both 10th and (10+2)th level from recognised Board.
Candidates holding the degree certificates from state universities where he/she studied through off campus centre(s) outside the territorial jurisdiction of the state are not eligible for admission.
Institutes and the module they opted for are listed below
WBJEE JECA 2018 Application Form
The application form will be available online on the official website of the Board, www.wbjeeb.in. To apply for JECA 2018, aspirants will first need to register by providing their personal details such as name, date of birth, mobile number, address, email id etc and then proceed to fill in other details in the online application. After filling in details, candidates will be required to upload photograph and signature as per the prescribed format.
|Documents to be uploaded||Format||Storage Size||Dimension|
|Photograph||.jpg/ .jpeg||10 kb to 100 kb||4 cm x 3 cm|
|Signature||.jpg/ .jpeg||3 kb to 30 kb||4 cm x 1.5 cm|
On completion of the above mentioned steps, make payment for the application fee of Rs. 500 through available mode. After making the payment, the candidates may take print out of the confirmation page for future references.
WBJEE JECA 2018 Admit Card
The Board has released the WBJEE JECA 2018 admit card via online mode at the official website i.e. www.wbjeeb.in. Admit cards is generated on the notified date for the student to download and take a print. Candidate has to carry a printed hard copy of the admit card to the examination center. The admit card will contain the basic information of the exam like date, time and venue of the examination. Also, the candidates need to preserve the admit card as it will be required at the later stages of the admission process.
Zone of Examination
During online application, the candidate has to choose any 2 of the followig examinations zones. The Examination will be held at the following zones.
Allocation of examination centre will be based on the choices given by the candidate during online application. However, discretion of the Board in allocation of examination centre shall be final. No request for change of allocated centre will be entertained under normal circumstances.
Note: Any examination zone may be dropped if adequate numbers of candidates are not available.
Examination Pattern and Syllabus
|23 Jun 2018||11 a.m. to 1 p.m.||2 a.m. to 3 a.m.|
The test will consist of two papers namely a) Mathematics and b) Aptitude. All questions will be of Multiple Choice Question (MCQ) type, with four answer options. The questions will be in English language only. Number of questions, full Marks and time allotted are as follows.
|No. of questions||Full marks||Time|
- All questions will have four answer options
- Only one option is correct.
- Correct response will yield 1 (one) mark.
- Incorrect response will yield -1/4 (25% negative) marks.
- For any combination of response with more than one option, the said answer will be treated as incorrect and will yield -1/4 (25% negative) marks
- No response will yield zero mark.
Below is the syllabus of the exam mentioned in the last year.
Paper – I: Mathematics (100 marks) :
- Analytical Geometry :Cartesian and polar coordinate; Straight line; Circle; Ellipse; Parabola; Hyperbola; Translation & Rotation of axes.
- Algebra : Complex number, De Moiver’s theorem, Solution of linear equations, Determinants, Matrices, Summation of signal series, Addition of vectors, Scalar and Vector products, Inequation, Sets and elements, Universal set, Empty set, Subsets, Venn diagram, Union and intersection of sets, Complements, Algebra of sets, Finite sets, Class of sets, Partitions, Cross product, Group, Ring and Field.
- Calculus: Limit, Continuity, Differentiation; Maxima & minima; Taylor & Maclaruin’s Series: Definite and indefinite integrals, First ana second order differential equation; Functions of several variables; Partial differentiation.
- Probability & Statistics : Permutation, Combination; Probability; Probability distribution; Mean; Median; Mode; Standard Deviation; Correlation coefficient.
Paper – II: Aptitude test (100 marks) :
- Problem Solving,
- Quantitative Comparison,
- Discrete Quantitative Analysis
- Data interpretation
WBJEE JECA Result 2018
Result of WBJEE JECA 2018 will be declared by the WBJEE Board. Final result will be published in the form of Rank Cards, which will contain all relevant ranks and total score. Rank cards will be available only from the portal www.wbjeeb.in. The total number of candidates to be merit listed will be decided by appropriate authority. Merit listed candidates will be allowed to download their Rank Cards from the official website. Candidates will be able to view and download their rank card by logging in with their password.
Number of seats (category wise) available for the academic session 2018-19 will be declared by the concerned institutions in due course of time and the same will be published in www.wbjee.in before counselling.
Official Website: www.wbjeeb.in.
For more details regarding WBJEE JECA 2018 – Download Information Brochure.