|Exam||Last Date||Apply Now|
|CAT||20 Sep 2017||Click Here|
|NMAT||03 Oct 2017||Click Here|
|SNAP||24 Nov 2017||Click Here|
|XAT||30 Nov 2017||Click Here|
Joint Entrance Examination for Admission to Master of Computer Application (MCA) Course (JECA 2017) – JECA 2017, the Joint Entrance Examination for admission to Master of Computer Application (MCA) course in West Bengal for the academic session 2017-2018. Interested and Eligible candidates may apply online from the official website www.wbjeeb.in. Candidates can check the complete information regarding WBJEE JECA 2017 such as application process, eligibility criteria and other information on this page below.
Latest – JECA 2017 Detailed Counselling Schedule has been Announced, Candidates can now check Rank wise time slot for counselling from the schedule below.
WBJEE JECA 2017
Candidates can fill their application for Master of Computer Application from the official website wbjeeb.in as per schedule. Those who filled their application on time are eligible to download the admit card / hall ticket of JECA 2017 for examination which will be held in the month of Jun 2017.
This admission to MCA course will be governed by the reservation policy of the State Government. There is no restriction regarding age of the candidates.
Schedule for WBJEE JECA 2017 is given below.
|WBJEEB JECA 2017 Online Registration starts from||07 Mar 2017|
|Last date of online form fill-up including payment and downloading confirmation page||28 Mar 2017|
|WBJEE JECA 2017 Admit Card||30 May 2017|
|Date of online examination||10 Jun 2017|
|Publication of WBJEE JECA Result 2017||20 Jun 2017|
WBJEE JECA Counseling 2017
The counselling for the merit listed candidates of JECA – 2017 (for admission to MCA course in various Institutions in West Bengal) will be held on as per the details below.
The intending candidates have to apply for online registration from 14.08.2017 to 18.08.2017 through Board’s website.
For Counselling Registration – Registration process is over now..!!
Date & Time – 20.08.2017 (Sunday) to 22.08.2017 (Tuesday) from 10.30 a.m.
Venue – West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board, AQ-13/1, Sector– V, Salt Lake City, Kolkata – 700 091 (Landmark – 215A & 215A/1 Bus Terminals).
Note – The candidate has to appear himself/herself. No other person is allowed to appear for counselling and admission on behalf of the candidate.
- Nationality: The applicant must be a citizen of India.
- Domicile : For admission in to Universities, University departments and government colleges, the candidate must be domicile of West Bengal.
- Age : There is no age restriction.
Academic Eligibility Criteria : Various institutions that offer the three years MCA course in the State of West Bengal follows one of the following four modules of eligibility criteria.
- Candidate must have passed 3-years Bachelor degree program from UGC recognized University with at least 60% in Honours/Aggregate (45% for SC/ST candidates) or AICTE recognized BCA from any University/Institute along with 60% marks (45% for SC/ST candidates) in Mathematics at the Bachelor’s level.
- Candidates have to also secure at least 60% marks (45% for SC/ST candidates) in Secondary and Higher Secondary or equivalent level from recognized Boards with at least 60% marks (45% for SC/ST candidates) in Mathematics at each level.
- UGC and/or AICTE recognized (as the case may be) Bachelor’s degree of minimum 3-years duration except BBA with Mathematics at 10+2 level or graduate level.
- Obtained 50% marks (45% marks for SC/ST/OBC-A/OBC-B candidates) at graduation level.
- Graduate or equivalent degree under (10+2+3) pattern in any discipline of a UGC recognized University/Institute or AICTE recognized B.E./B.Tech/BCA of a University/Institute. Candidate must have Mathematics as one of the subjects at each level of education. Candidates have to secure 60% marks (45% marks for SC/ST/OBC- A/OBC-B candidates) at each level education.
- B.Sc. Honours degree under (10+2+3) pattern in any discipline of a UGC recognized University/Institute with at least 60% marks in Hons./Aggregate (45% marks for SC/ST/OBC-A/OBC-B candidates) along with at least 55% marks in Mathematics. Candidate have to secure at least 60% marks in Secondary and Higher Secondary or equivalent level from recognized Boards with at least 60% marks in Mathematics at each level.
Candidates holding the degree certificates from state universities where he/she studied through off campus centre(s) outside the territorial jurisdiction of the state are not eligible for admission.
Institutes and the module they opted for are listed below
WBJEE JECA 2017 Admit Card
Admit Card for each eligible applicant is available to download as per the schedule. Applicant should download the Admit Card and carry it along with him/her to the Examination Centre.
Zone of Examination
The Examination will be held at the zones Bardhaman, Durgapur, Hoogly, Howrah, Kolkata – north, Kolkata – south, Malda, Medinipur paschim, Medinipur purbo, Murshidabad, Siliguri.
Allocation of examination centre will be usually based on the 1 st choice given by the candidate during online form fill-up. However, discretion of the Board in allocation of examination centre shall be final. No request for change of allocated centre will be entertained under normal circumstances.
Any examination zone may be dropped if adequate number of candidates is not available.
Examination Pattern and Syllabus
Date of Examination – 10th June 2017 (Saturday)
Timing – Mathematics (11 am to 1.00 pm) and Aptitude (2.00 pm to 3.00 pm)
The test will consist of two papers namely a) Mathematics and b) Aptitude. All questions will be of Multiple Choice Question (MCQ) type, with four answer options. The questions will be in English language only. Number of questions, full Marks and time allotted are as follows.
- Mathematics (100 marks), two hours and
- Aptitude test (50 marks), one hour.
- All questions will have four answer options
- Only one option is correct.
- Correct response will yield 1 (one) mark.
- Incorrect response will yield -1/4 (25% negative) marks.
- For any combination of response with more than one option, the said answer will be treated as incorrect and will yield -1/4 (25% negative) marks
- No response will yield zero mark.
Paper – I: Mathematics (100 marks) :
- Analytical Geometry :Cartesian and polar coordinate; Straight line; Circle; Ellipse; Parabola; Hyperbola; Translation & Rotation of axes.
- Algebra : Complex number, De Moiver’s theorem, Solution of linear equations, Determinants, Matrices, Summation of signal series, Addition of vectors, Scalar and Vector products, Inequation, Sets and elements, Universal set, Empty set, Subsets, Venn diagram, Union and intersection of sets, Complements, Algebra of sets, Finite sets, Class of sets, Partitions, Cross product, Group, Ring and Field.
- Calculus: Limit, Continuity, Differentiation; Maxima & minima; Taylor & Maclaruin’s Series: Definite and indefinite integrals, First ana second order differential equation; Functions of several variables; Partial differentiation.
- Probability & Statistics : Permutation, Combination; Probability; Probability distribution; Mean; Median; Mode; Standard Deviation; Correlation coefficient.
Paper – II: Aptitude test (100 marks) :
- Problem Solving,
- Quantitative Comparison,
- Discrete Quantitative Analysis
- Data interpretation
WBJEE JECA Result 2017
Result of WBJEE JECA 2017 will be declared by the WBJEE Board. The Board will publish the merit list at its website, viz. www.wbjeeb.in. The total number of candidates to be merit listed will be decided by appropriate authority. Merit listed candidates will be allowed to download their Rank Cards from www.wbjeeb.in.
Rules for scrutiny/review of Answer Sheet: The Board neither publishes nor communicates the result to any individual applicant. It does not have any provision for post publication, scrutiny and/or review arid hence will not entertain any such application after the examination.
For more details of WBJEE JECA 2017 – Download Information Brochure.