West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination for Admission to Master of Computer Application (MCA) Course (WBJEE JECA 2019) – JECA 2019, the Joint Entrance Examination for admission to Master of Computer Application (MCA) course in West Bengal for the academic session 2019-2020 is scheduled to be held on July 13, 2019. Interested and Eligible candidates were able to apply online at the official website www.wbjeeb.in. All the official dates of the relevant events in WBJEE JECA 2019 has been released. Candidates can also check the complete information regarding WBJEE JECA 2019 such as application process, eligibility criteria and other information on this page below.
WBJEE JECA 2019
Candidates were able to fill their application for Master of Computer Application from the official website wbjeeb.in before its last date. Those who will fill their application on time are eligible to download the admit card/hall ticket of JECA 2019 for examination. This admission to MCA course is to be governed by the reservation policy of the State Government.
|WBJEEB JECA 2019 Online Registration||02 – 16 Apr 2019|
|Online correction and downloading revised confirmation page till||17 – 19 Apr 2019|
|WBJEE JECA 2019 Admit Card||04 Jul 2019|
|Date of online examination||13 Jul 2019|
|Publication of WBJEE JECA Result 2019||13 Aug 2019|
NOTE: All future communications will be sent to the registered mobile number and email ID. WBJEEB is responsible for non-receipt of any communication by the candidates if the mobile number and/or the email ID are wrong /non-existing/ changed.
- Nationality: The applicant must be a citizen of India.
- Domicile: For admission into Universities, University departments and government colleges, the candidate must be domicile of West Bengal.
Academic Eligibility Criteria: Various institutions that offer the three years MCA course in the State of West Bengal follows one of the following four modules of eligibility criteria.
- Candidates must have passed 3-year Bachelor degree programs from UGC recognized University with at least 60% in Honour / Aggregate (45% for SC / ST/ OBC A / OBC B / PWD candidates) along with 60% (45% for SC / ST/ OBC A / OBC B / PWD candidates) in Mathematics at the Bachelor’s level together with at least 60% marks in Secondary and Higher Secondary or equivalent examination with at least 60% (45% for SC / ST/ OBC A / OBC B / PWD candidates) in Mathematics in both Secondary or equivalent and Higher Secondary or equivalent examinations from recognized Boards.
- Candidates, who are due to appear in the 3 year Bachelor degree examination in the current year have to submit their mark sheet or grade card within 3 months from the commencement of the 1st-semester classes.
- UGC and/or AICTE recognized (as the case may be) Bachelor’s degree of minimum 3-years duration except for BBA with Mathematics at 10+2 level or graduate level.
- Obtained 50% marks (45% marks for SC/ST/OBC-A/OBC-B candidates) at graduation level.
- Graduate or equivalent degree under (10+2+3) pattern in any discipline of a UGC recognized University/Institute or AICTE recognized B.E./B.Tech/BCA of a University/Institute. Candidate must have Mathematics as one of the subjects at each level of education. Candidates have to secure 60% marks (45% marks for SC/ST/OBC- A/OBC-B candidates) at each level of education.
- Candidates must pass 3 years B. Sc. Hons. from UGC recognised university with at least 60% in Honours (55% for SC/ST candidates) in Bachelor level having Mathematics as one of the subject together with at least 60% marks in 10th level and (10+2)th level with at least 60% in Mathematics in both 10th and (10+2)th level from recognised Board.
Candidates holding the degree certificates from state universities where he/she studied through off-campus centre(s) outside the territorial jurisdiction of the state are not eligible for admission.
WBJEE JECA 2019 Application Form
The application form will be available online on the official website of the Board, www.wbjeeb.in. To apply for JECA 2019, aspirants first need to register by providing their personal details such as name, date of birth, mobile number, address, email id etc and then proceed to fill in other details in the online application. After filling in details, candidates are required to upload photograph and signature as per the prescribed format is given below.
|Documents to be uploaded||Format||Storage Size||Dimension|
|Photograph||.jpg/ .jpeg||3 kb to 100 kb||4 cm x 3 cm|
|Signature||.jpg/ .jpeg||3 kb to 30 kb||4 cm x 1.5 cm|
NOTE: On completion of the above mentioned steps, make payment for the application fee of Rs. 500 through available mode. After making the payment, the candidates may take print out of the confirmation page for future references.
WBJEE JECA 2019 Admit Card
The Board releases the WBJEE JECA 2019 admit card via online mode at the official website i.e. www.wbjeeb.in. Admit card is generated on the notified date for the student to download and take a print. The candidate has to carry a printed hard copy of the admit card to the examination center. The admit card contains the basic information of the exam like date, time and venue of the examination. Also, the candidates need to preserve the admit card as it would be required at the later stages of the admission process.
Note: If a candidate need a duplicate admit card after the examination, the same can be provided by the Board, but only till August 31, 2019. In order to get a duplicate, the candidate must apply to the board and pay a processing fee of Rs. 500 by a bank draft in the name of “West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board” payable in Kolkata.
Examination Pattern and Syllabus
The test consists of two papers namely a) Mathematics and b) Aptitude. All questions would be of Multiple Choice Question (MCQ) type, with four answer options. The questions will be in English language only. Number of questions, full Marks and time allotted are as follows.
|Sections||No. of questions||Full marks||Time|
|13 Jul 2019||11 a.m. to 1 p.m.||2 a.m. to 3 a.m.|
- All questions have four answer options
- Only one option is correct.
- Correct response yields 1 (one) mark.
- Incorrect response yields -1/4 (25% negative) marks.
- For any combination of response with more than one option, the said answer are treated as incorrect and yields -1/4 (25% negative) marks
- No response yields zero mark.
During online application, the candidate has to choose any 2 of the following examinations zones. The Examination will be held in the following zones.
Allocation of examination centre are based on the choices given by the candidate during online application. However, the discretion of the Board in the allocation of examination centre shall be final. No request for change of allocated centre is to be entertained under normal circumstances.
Note: Any examination zone may be dropped if adequate numbers of candidates are not available.
Candidates must go though the same to get to know about the exam with more details.
Paper – I: Mathematics (100 marks) :
- Analytical Geometry :Cartesian and polar coordinate; Straight line; Circle; Ellipse; Parabola; Hyperbola; Translation & Rotation of axes.
- Algebra : Complex number, De Moiver’s theorem, Solution of linear equations, Determinants, Matrices, Summation of signal series, Addition of vectors, Scalar and Vector products, Inequation, Sets and elements, Universal set, Empty set, Subsets, Venn diagram, Union and intersection of sets, Complements, Algebra of sets, Finite sets, Class of sets, Partitions, Cross product, Group, Ring and Field.
- Calculus: Limit, Continuity, Differentiation; Maxima & minima; Taylor & Maclaruin’s Series: Definite and indefinite integrals, First ana second order differential equation; Functions of several variables; Partial differentiation.
- Probability & Statistics : Permutation, Combination; Probability; Probability distribution; Mean; Median; Mode; Standard Deviation; Correlation coefficient.
Paper – II: Aptitude test (100 marks) :
- Problem Solving,
- Quantitative Comparison,
- Discrete Quantitative Analysis
- Data interpretation
WBJEE JECA Result 2019
Result of WBJEE JECA 2019 is declared by the WBJEE Board. The final result publishes in the form of the Rank Cards, which contains all the relevant ranks and total score. Rank cards are available only on the official portal www.wbjeeb.in. The total number of candidates to be merit listed are decided by the appropriate authorities of the conducting body. Merit listed candidates are allowed to download their Rank Cards from the official website. Candidates can view and download their rank card by logging in with their password on the candidate portal.
Number of seats (category wise) available for the academic session 2019-20 will be declared by the concerned institutions in due course of time and the same will be published in www.wbjee.in before counselling. As per the previous year’s information brochure, the West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board releases the seat matrix for the admission in colleges as per the course few days before the counselling and after the result declaration.
Counselling for WBJEE JECA 2019 starts after the declaration of the result and merit list. The candidates whose name appear in the merit list are eligible for the counselling. Shortlisted candidates need to fill the application form for appearing in counselling for JECA 2019.
Institutes and the module they opted for are listed below
Official Website: www.wbjeeb.in.
For more details regarding WBJEE JECA 2019 – Download Information Brochure 2019.