Joint Entrance Examination for Admission to Master of Computer Application (MCA) Course (JECA 2018) – JECA 2018, the Joint Entrance Examination for admission to Master of Computer Application (MCA) course in West Bengal for the academic session 2018-2019. Interested and Eligible candidates may apply online once the Application Form will be released by the official website www.wbjeeb.in. Candidates can also check the complete information regarding WBJEE JECA 2018 such as application process, eligibility criteria and other information on this page below.
WBJEE JECA 2018
Candidates can fill their application for Master of Computer Application from the official website wbjeeb.in before April 02 2018. Those who filled their application on time are eligible to download the admit card / hall ticket of JECA 2018 for examination which will be held on 23rd Jun 2018. This admission to MCA course will be governed by the reservation policy of the State Government. There is no restriction regarding age of the candidates.
|WBJEEB JECA 2018 Online Registration starts from||08 Mar 2018|
|Last date of online form fill-up including payment and downloading confirmation page||02 Apr 2018|
|WBJEE JECA 2018 Admit Card||13 Jun 2018|
|Date of online examination||23 Jun 2018|
|Publication of WBJEE JECA Result 2018||2nd week of July 2018|
- Nationality: The applicant must be a citizen of India.
- Domicile : For admission in to Universities, University departments and government colleges, the candidate must be domicile of West Bengal.
- Age : There is no age restriction.
Academic Eligibility Criteria : Various institutions that offer the three years MCA course in the State of West Bengal follows one of the following four modules of eligibility criteria.
- Candidate must have passed 3-years Bachelor degree program from UGC recognized University with at least 60% in Honours/Aggregate (45% for SC/ST candidates) or AICTE recognized BCA from any University/Institute along with 60% marks (45% for SC/ST candidates) in Mathematics at the Bachelor’s level.
- Candidates have to also secure at least 60% marks (45% for SC/ST candidates) in Secondary and Higher Secondary or equivalent level from recognized Boards with at least 60% marks (45% for SC/ST candidates) in Mathematics at each level.
- UGC and/or AICTE recognized (as the case may be) Bachelor’s degree of minimum 3-years duration except BBA with Mathematics at 10+2 level or graduate level.
- Obtained 50% marks (45% marks for SC/ST/OBC-A/OBC-B candidates) at graduation level.
- Graduate or equivalent degree under (10+2+3) pattern in any discipline of a UGC recognized University/Institute or AICTE recognized B.E./B.Tech/BCA of a University/Institute. Candidate must have Mathematics as one of the subjects at each level of education. Candidates have to secure 60% marks (45% marks for SC/ST/OBC- A/OBC-B candidates) at each level education.
- B.Sc. Honours degree under (10+2+3) pattern in any discipline of a UGC recognized University/Institute with at least 60% marks in Hons./Aggregate (45% marks for SC/ST/OBC-A/OBC-B candidates) along with at least 55% marks in Mathematics. Candidate have to secure at least 60% marks in Secondary and Higher Secondary or equivalent level from recognized Boards with at least 60% marks in Mathematics at each level.
Candidates holding the degree certificates from state universities where he/she studied through off campus centre(s) outside the territorial jurisdiction of the state are not eligible for admission.
Institutes and the module they opted for are listed below
WBJEE JECA 2018 Admit Card
Admit Card for each eligible applicant will be available on the official website. Applicant should download the Admit Card and carry it along with him/her to the Examination Centre.
Zone of Examination
The Examination will be held at the zones Bardhaman, Durgapur, Hoogly, Howrah, Kolkata – north, Kolkata – south, Malda, Medinipur paschim, Medinipur purbo, Murshidabad, Siliguri.
Allocation of examination centre will be usually based on the 1st choice given by the candidate during online form fill-up. However, discretion of the Board in allocation of examination centre shall be final. No request for change of allocated centre will be entertained under normal circumstances.
Any examination zone may be dropped if adequate number of candidates is not available.
Examination Pattern and Syllabus
Date of Examination – 23rd June 2018 (Saturday)
The test will consist of two papers namely a) Mathematics and b) Aptitude. All questions will be of Multiple Choice Question (MCQ) type, with four answer options. The questions will be in English language only. Number of questions, full Marks and time allotted are as follows.
- Mathematics (100 marks), two hours and
- Aptitude test (50 marks), one hour.
- All questions will have four answer options
- Only one option is correct.
- Correct response will yield 1 (one) mark.
- Incorrect response will yield -1/4 (25% negative) marks.
- For any combination of response with more than one option, the said answer will be treated as incorrect and will yield -1/4 (25% negative) marks
- No response will yield zero mark.
Below is the syllabus of the exam mentioned in the last year.
Paper – I: Mathematics (100 marks) :
- Analytical Geometry :Cartesian and polar coordinate; Straight line; Circle; Ellipse; Parabola; Hyperbola; Translation & Rotation of axes.
- Algebra : Complex number, De Moiver’s theorem, Solution of linear equations, Determinants, Matrices, Summation of signal series, Addition of vectors, Scalar and Vector products, Inequation, Sets and elements, Universal set, Empty set, Subsets, Venn diagram, Union and intersection of sets, Complements, Algebra of sets, Finite sets, Class of sets, Partitions, Cross product, Group, Ring and Field.
- Calculus: Limit, Continuity, Differentiation; Maxima & minima; Taylor & Maclaruin’s Series: Definite and indefinite integrals, First ana second order differential equation; Functions of several variables; Partial differentiation.
- Probability & Statistics : Permutation, Combination; Probability; Probability distribution; Mean; Median; Mode; Standard Deviation; Correlation coefficient.
Paper – II: Aptitude test (100 marks) :
- Problem Solving,
- Quantitative Comparison,
- Discrete Quantitative Analysis
- Data interpretation
WBJEE JECA Result 2018
Result of WBJEE JECA 2018 will be declared by the WBJEE Board. The Board will publish the merit list at its website, viz. www.wbjeeb.in. The total number of candidates to be merit listed will be decided by appropriate authority. Merit listed candidates will be allowed to download their Rank Cards from the official website.
Rules for scrutiny/review of Answer Sheet: The Board neither publishes nor communicates the result to any individual applicant. It does not have any provision for post publication, scrutiny and/or review arid hence will not entertain any such application after the examination.
Seat Matrix – Last Year
Below is the seat matrix of previous year.
For more details regarding WBJEE JECA check 2017 – Information Brochure.
Insofar, only WBJEE JECA 2018 schedule is available. Rest of the information on this page is as per last year brochure and for reference purpose only. As soon as West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board releases WBJEE JECA 2018 information brochure, details will be updated here.