|Exam||Last Date||Apply Now|
|CAT||25 Sep 2017||Click Here|
|SNAP||24 Nov 2017||Click Here|
|NMAT||03 Oct 2017||Click Here|
|XAT||30 Nov 2017||Click Here|
Kerala PG Medical Admission 2017 – The Director of Medical Education, Kerala State conducts Post Graduate Courses in various disciplines. A total of 533 seats in P.G. Degree courses and 157 seats in Diploma Courses are available in the Government Medical Colleges of the State including RCC. The selection and allotment of candidates in the State Quota of 263 seats in P.G. Degree courses and 78 seats in P.G Diploma courses will be made from the Rank list prepared by the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations, Kerala on the basis of the NEET PG 2017 Rank list prepared by the National Board of Examination, Government of India.
270 seats in P.G. Degree courses and 79 seats in P.G. Diploma courses are set apart for All India Quota. Selection and allotment to these seats will be conducted by the Director General of Health Service, Government of India, New Delhi. A
Candidates can check the details of application, eligibility criteria and selection process for admission in PG Medical 2017 on this page below.
Kerala PG Medical Admission 2017 – Instead of holding PG Medical entrance exam 2017, CEE Kerala will give admission on basis of NEET PG 2017. Applications are invited from the candidates who have qualified in the NEET-PG 2017, for admission to Post Graduate Medical (Degree/Diploma) Courses, 2017 in the Government Medical Colleges and to all the seats available in Self Financing/Co-operative Medical Colleges in Kerala.
Note: There is no entrance exam.
Important dates for Kerala PG Medical 2017 Admission
|Release of notification saying that admission is through NEET PG 2017||02 Mar 2017|
|Start of Online Application for PG Medical 2017||04 Mar 2017|
|Last date of Online Application for PG Medical 2017||15 Mar 2017|
Kerala PG Medical 2017 – Latest Notifications
Kerala PG Allotment – 2nd Phase
The second phase allotment to PG Medical course 2017 in the Government Medical colleges including the seats reverted from All India Quota and enhanced seats, PrivateSelf Financing colleges and Deemed University has been published. The allotment is based on the combined merit list prepared for the Second phase of Allotment.
The activities related to the second phase of centralized allotment to Post Graduate Medical Degree/Diploma Courses for the year 2017 commences from 12.05.2017 (Friday). Private Self Financing Medical Colleges and Deemed University have been included in this phase, for allotment.
Last date for option registration is extended till 23 May 2017 – Check Notification
- Click here for Notice for Phase 2 Option Registration
Candidates who have already submitted online options and who want to participate in this phase of allotment must compulsorily confirm their existing options by clicking the ‘Confirm’ button available in his/her home page. After online option confirmation, such candidates can delete the unwanted higher options and can re-arrange their existing higher options. In addition, all the eligible candidates can register fresh options to the newly included Private Self Financing Medical colleges and Deemed University. The facility for online option confirmation /deletion/rearrangement/filing of fresh options will be available on the Website www.cee.kerala.gov.in from 12.05.2017 to 17.05.2017, 3 pm. Those who do not confirm their options online within the stipulated time will not be considered for allotment in this phase.
The candidates who are eligible to apply for Christian community quota in Self Financing Medical Colleges under Kerala Christian Professional College Management Federation should opt for the same and submit their options through ‘P G Medical 2017 Candidate Portal’ on the website Candidates applying under Christian Community Quota as above should obtain a certificate to that extent (in the downloaded proforma) from the authority concerned and upload it by clicking the Menu Item ‘Upload’ available in the home page. The candidates applying under NRI Quota in Self Financing Medical Colleges and Deemed University shall have to opt for the same and upload the documents in proof of NRI Quota claim through the website.
To Check Detailed Information regarding 2nd Phase CAP – Click Here
- NRI Guidelines – Check Here
- Vacancies due to non-joining and TC in the first phase of state quota admissions – Check Here
- Confirm/Register/Re-arrange/Delete Options] Option Confirmation is Mandatory – Check Here
Kerala PG Medical Rank List
The Kerala State Rank list of General Quota and Service Quota candidates who have applied for admission to P G Medical Courses 2017 has been published.
The rank list of General Quota Candidates has been prepared by considering the candidates who have qualified in the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test conducted by the National Board of Examinations, New Delhi and who satisfy the nativity conditions for admission to PG Medical Courses 2017. Due weightage has been given to the Service Candidates who have applied under General Quota, for their Service rendered in difficult and remote areas that is made permissible at the rate of 10% of marks obtained for each year in service in difficult and remote areas up to a maximum of 30% of the marks obtained in the NEET PG-2017.
- Check Provisional Merit List
- Check List of Candidates eligible for Health Service Quota (PG Diploma Courses, only)
The Rank list of Service Quota candidates under Health Service has been prepared and published after awarding the due weightage to the candidates for their Service rendered in difficult and remote areas. The category list of eligible candidates will be published on 30.03.2017 after clearing the defects in the documents submitted online. The activities related to the first phase of allotment to the State Quota seats in P G Medical Courses shall commence on 04.04.2017.
Kerala PG Medical Eligibility Criteria
Academic: Applicants should be in possession of MBBS degree or provisional MBBS pass certificate recognized by MCI with MBBS qualification registered permanently or provisionally with MCI or State Medical Council and should have completed one year of internship or likely to complete it on or before 31st March 2017. Admission to such candidates will be given only after obtaining registration of T. C. Medical Council.
Nativity: Applicants should have satisfied any of the following conditions.
- Indian Citizens of Kerala origin. Persons of Indian Origin (PIO)/Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) will also traded at par with Indian Citizens for the limited purpose of admission, provided they execute a bond to serve as Senior Resident for 3 years as envisaged However POI/OCI candidates will not be eligible for any kind of reservation.
- Candidates who are sons/daughters of Non-Keralite parents who have obtained MBBS degree from any of the Medical Colleges in Kerala State. But they will not be eligible for communal/Special/PD reservation benefits.
- There is no upper age limit for General Quota (GQ) candidates.
- Under ordinary circumstance (i.e. for those Service quota candidates, whose retirement age is 56 years) the upper age limit for getting admission will be 49 years for Post Graduate Diploma Courses as on 01-01-2017, for Service candidates. For those candidates in the service of Director of Health Service, who submit a bond (Rs.100/- non judicial stamp paper) at the time of admission, that they shall serve the Government of Kerala in any capacity which the Government deems fit after their retirement, up to the age of 60 years as per the terms and conditions prescribed by the Government and that they will not take up employment elsewhere during this period if the Government has requisitioned their services, the upper age limit of such service candidates drawn from Director of Health Service will be 53 years for PG Diploma courses.
Qualifying Criteria – All candidates seeking admission to Post Graduate Medical Degree/Diploma courses in the State of Kerala for the academic year 2017-18 shall have to qualify the National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test for Post-Graduate Courses (NEET PG-2017) conducted by the National Board of Examination, New Delhi. In order to be eligible for admission in any Post Graduate Medical course in 2017-18, it shall be necessary for a candidate to obtain a minimum of marks at 50th percentile in the NEET PG 2017. However in respect of candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST), Socially and Educationally Backward Classes (SEBC), the minimum marks shall be at 40th percentile. In respect of candidates with locomotory disability of lower limbs, the minimum marks shall be at 45th percentile.
Kerala PG Medical Distribution of Seats
The distribution of seats under State Quota for Medical PG Degree / Diploma courses in various Medical Colleges for 2017-18 academic year is given below.
For more details of Kerala PG Medical Admission 2017 – Download Information Brochure.