JEE Main 2018 will be held on April 08, 2018. Central Board of Secondary Education has only announced the date for the offline examination for now. The dates for Computer Based Joint Entrance Examination Main 2018 will be announced soon. The date has been officially disclosed by the conducting body, as well as, DTE Thiruvananthapuram. The candidates can check below for the official notifications on the JEE Main exam dates. JEE Main 2018 is going to be held for the B.E/B.Tech/B.Arch/B.Plan admission of the candidates in NITs, IIITs, and CFTIs. The online registration for the exam will begin in the month of November 2017. Candidates interested in appearing for JEE Main 2018 can check the eligibility criteria, dates, application process, syllabus, preparation strategy and more details from this page.
JEE Main 2018
The official notifications for the announcement of JEE Main 2018 exam dates are as mentioned below.
|Important Event||Dates (Expected)|
|CBSE will issue official JEE Main 2018 Notification||4th week of November 2017|
|Availability of online application form at jeemain.nic.in||1st week of December 2017|
|Last date to submit application form||1st week of January 2018|
|Candidates might get a chance to upload new images in case old images had issues||4th week of December 2017|
|End of image correction, if it is made available||1st week of February 2018|
|One time opportunity to edit mistakes in application form might be given in||1st week of January 2018|
|Last date to correct data in application form||1st week of February 2018|
|Download admit card in||2nd week of March 2018|
|Pen and Paper JEE Main 2018 will be held on||08 Apr 2018|
|Computer Based JEE Main 2018 will be held on||April 2018 (Expected April 14 and 15 or April 15 and 16)|
|Display of OMR sheet and answer key||3rd week of April 2018|
|Declaration of results||4th week of April 2018|
Pre-Exam Quick Links
- Application Form
- Form Correction
- Candidate Login
- How to fill Application Form
- Important Dates
- Exam Pattern
- Previous Year Question Papers
- How to Prepare for JEE Main 2018 Without Coaching
- Admit Card
- Answer Key
- Paper Analysis
- Rank Predictor
- B.Tech Admission through JEE Score
JEE Main Changes Introduced So Far And Expected Alterations
A number of changes were proposed in JEE Main 2018, however none will be implemented. MHRD was planning to introduce a single engineering entrance exam from this session but that has been put on hold. Insofar, there are a few changes as compared the previous versions of JEE that can be noted. They are as follows:
- All India Rank of JEE Main will be solely on basis of marks obtained in exam; there will be no weightage for class 12th marks.
- A candidate must have obtained at least 75% marks in class 12th examination, or should be in the top 20 percentile in board order to get admission to NITs, IIITs, CFTIs participating through JoSAA. SC / ST candidates will have to have obtained 65% marks. This criteria of board marks and percentile will only be implemented at counselling phase.
- Aadhaar card details will be required to fill application form.
- A candidate who does not have Aadhaar card is advised to visit UIDAI listed centres and get Aadhaar enrolment done.
- Students from JnK, Assam, Meghalaya will be allowed to use passport / driving license, voter ID instead of Aadhaar for registration.
JEE Main Application Form 2018
Before starting to fill up the application form of JEE Main 2018, candidates must check eligibility criteria and detailed information in information brochure. They must understand steps to apply and application fee payment details. Most important highlights of JEE Main application form are as follows.
- CBSE will issue JEE Main application form in online mode. There will not be any offline / hard copies of form.
- Candidates must refer documents and certificates for actual details when they apply for JEE Main.
- Date of availability of JEE Main online form is expected from December 2017 to January 2018.
- Important information to be filled in it will include personal details, communication data such as email ID and mobile number, educational qualification, exam centre preferences. In addition, photograph and signature of specified dimensions will also have to be uploaded.
- Aspirants must not wait till last minute to apply for JEE Main or expect extensions in deadline.
- The filled in application form can be printed and kept safely for future reference.
A separate application fee for JEE Mains 2018 will be announced for general / OBC male candidates, general / OBC female candidates, SC/ST/PwD male candidates, SC/ST/PwD female candidates. Moreover the fee will be different if examination center is outside India. The application fee table as per which candidates had to pay fee last time for JEE Mains is given below.
|Papers||Pen and Paper Based (Offline JEE Main)||Computer Based (Online JEE Main)|
|Category||General / OBC (only boys)||SC / ST / PwD / All Girls||General / OBC (only boys)||SC / ST / PwD / All Girls|
|Examination centre in India|
|Paper I or Paper II||1000||500||500||250|
|Paper I and Paper II||1800||900||1300||350|
|Examination centre outside India|
|Paper I or Paper II||2500||1250||2500||1250|
|Paper I and Paper II||3800||1900||3800||1900|
- Available modes of fee payment are likely to include credit card, debit card, e-challan.
- E-Challan is expected to be payable at Synbdicate bank, Canara bank, ICICI, HDFC bank.
- CBSE will not accept fees for paper I or paper II in any other mode such as DD, IPO, money order.
JEE Main Application Form Correction
- Candidates must make entries in application form very carefully and not make mistakes expecting a form correction to be given.
- CBSE might open two separate windows – one for image correction, and another for data correction.
- Some particulars might be allowed to be edited in the application form one week after closing date. If it happens, then correction fee will also be there.
Only those who fulfill eligibility criteria of JEE Main 2018 must apply.
There is an upper age limit for JEE Main examination, which is as follows:
- Date of Birth: A candidate who was born on or after October 01, 1993 is only eligible to apply for JEE Main.
- Age relaxation: If a candidate belongs to SC / ST / PWD category then a relaxation of 5 years is applicable. In other words, their date of birth can be on or after October 01, 1989.
- Age will be calculated as per DOB mentioned in Secondary Education Board/University certificate.
Candidates must satisfy requirement of year of appearing in qualifying examination, number of subjects studied in QE as given below:
- Qualifying Exam: A list of acceptable QEs will be given in JEE Main information brochure. It will include 10+2 final exam by a recognized board, Inter or PU exams, NDA final examination, SSSE by NIOS with minimum of 5 subjects, school / board / university recognized equivalent to 10+2 by AIU. Apart from those, IITs will also accept HSC vocational exam, Diploma, GCE by London / Cambridge / Sri Lanka at A level, HSCE by Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma of the International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva.
- Subjects Studied: A candidate must have studied at least 5 subjects in class 12th to be eligible for JEE Main. Anyone with 4 or fewer subjects cannot apply for JEE Main.
- Passing Year: Candidate must have either passed QE in 2016, or 2017, or will do so in 2018. Someone who have passed in 2015 or earlier, or 2019 or later is not eligible for JEE Main.
- Improvement Exam: One who passed in 2017 but writes one or a few subjects in 2018 for improvement, then in that case for them, top 20 percentile of 2017 will be considered. On the other hand if one appears in all subjects in 2018 then the best of two performances will be considered.
- Minimum Percentage: To be eligible to appear in JEE Main 2018, there will be no minimum marks required, except pass marks. However, 75% in class 12th or being in top 20 percentile is necessary to get admission in NITs, IIITs, CFTIs through JoSAA.
Number of Attempts
There is a limitation on the maximum number of attempts that can be taken for JEE Main examination, which is as follows:
- A candidate can attempt JEE (Main) a maximum number of three (3) times.
- For JEE (Advanced), the maximum number of attempts is two (2) in consecutive years. Hence one who has appeared in JEE Advanced 2017 is eligible for JEE Advanced 2018.
Eligibility For Admission in NITs, IIITs, CFTIs
The Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA) looks after admission and counselling process of NITs, IIITs, CFTIs, IITs. JEE Main 2018 AIR will be used for admission to NITs, IIITs, CFTIs; whereas JEE Advanced 2018 Rank will be used for IITs. Following eligibility criteria are applicable for NITs, IIITs, CFTIs:
- Minimum Marks: Candidate must have either obtained 75% in class 12th examination or be in top 20 percentile in board. The cut off marks to be in class 12th top 20 percentile is notified after board results are published.
- Subject Combinations: Those who have passed class 12th with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with one of the Chemistry / Biotechnology / Biology / Technical Vocational subject are eligible for BE / B.Tech. Those who have passed class 12th with Mathematics are eligible for B.Arch / B.Planning.
JEE Main 2018 Exam Pattern
It is important for students to note the JEE Main Exam Pattern 2018 in order to prepare. Through it, they know number of questions, topics, types of questions, exam duration, marking scheme.
Exam Pattern of JEE Main Paper 1
- For: JEE Main Paper 1 is for BE / B.Tech admission.
- Exam Mode: CBSE will conduct paper 1 in both online (computer based test) mode and offline (pen and paper based test) mode.
- Number of Papers: There will be a single paper to be attempted in one sitting.
- Subjects: There will questions on Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics. Questions will be equally divided among them.
- Duration: Overall 3 hours will be given for the examination.
- Shifts: On the day of offline exam, there will be a single shift, most likely from 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM. On the days of online exam there will be two shifts on each day. The first shift will be from 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM. Second shift will be from 2 PM to 5 PM.
- Type of Questions: All questions in Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) Main will be objective type. There will only be a single answer correct. Candidates may note that JEE Advanced will also have multiple answers correct, and NAT (numerical answer type) questions.
- Distribution of Questions: Each subject will have 30 questions. Therefore overall there will be 90 questions.
- Language of Question Papers: Candidates across India will be able to opt for Hindi or English medium. In addition, if centre is opted in Gujarat, Daman, Diu, and Dadra, then language option of Gujarati will also be there. Candidates need to decide which language to take the test in at the time of filling up application form.
- Marks for Correct Answer: Candidate will be awarded four (4) marks for every correct answer.
- Negative Marking: One (1) mark will be deducted if incorrect answer is marked.
Exam Pattern of JEE Main Paper 2
- For: JEE Main Paper 2 is for B.Arch / B.Planning admissions.
- Parts: There will be 3 parts in the question paper namely Aptitude Test, Mathematics, and Drawing Test.
- About Aptitude Test: This section will have 50 multiple choice questions to test aptitude. Each correct answer will fetch four (4) marks.
- About Mathematics: In mathematics part, there will be 30 multiple choice questions. Each correct answer will fetch four (4) marks.
- About Drawing Test: This paper will have 2 questions of 70 marks. Candidates will answer these questions on a drawing sheet. They will have to use own geometry box set, pencils, erasers and colour pencils or crayons.
- Exam Duration: Overall exam duration will be 3 hours.
|Subjects||Number of questions||Maximum marks|
JEE Main 2018 Syllabus
Level of questions in entrance exam will be of 10+2 level. Study of physics, chemistry, mathematics in schools are in line with the syllabus of the board. To study topics taught in class 11 and 12 is a starting point for JEE Main 2018 preparation. Ensure that you have studied all topics from JEE Main 2018 syllabus as some topics may be different.JEE Main 2018 syllabus is referred for preparations. It consists of topics in physics, chemistry, mathematics taught in classes 11 and 12. Official syllabus releases with brochure of information containing topics on which questions will be asked in exam. Study physics, chemistry, mathematics of 11 and 12 and practice multiple choice questions on them. Improve speed and accuracy to get more marks. If you will appear for computer based test of JEE Main 2018 then also take some online mock tests.
|JEE Main 2018 Mathematics Syllabus||JEE Main 2018 Physics Syllabus||JEE Main 2018 Chemistry Syllabus|
|Sets, relations and functions||Physics and mesurement||Some basic concepts in chemistry|
|Complex numbers and quadratic equations||Kinematics||States of matter|
|Matrices and determinants||Laws of motion||Atomic structure|
|Permutations and combinations||Work energy and power||Chemical bonding and molecular structure|
|Mathematical induction||Rotational motion||Chemical thermodynamics|
|Binomial theorem and its simple applications||Gravitation||Solutions|
|Sequences and series||Properties of solids and liquids||Equilibrium|
|Limit, continuity and differentiability||Thermodynamics||Redox reactions and electrochemistry|
|Integral calculus||Kinetic theory of gases||Chemical kinetics|
|Differential equations||Oscillations and waves||Surface chemistry|
|Coordinate geometry||Electrostatics||Classification of elements and periodicity in properties|
|Three dimensional geometry||Current electricity||General principles and processes of isolation of metals|
|Vector algebra||Magnetic effects of current and magnetism||Hydrogen|
|Statistics and probability||Electromagnetic induction and alternating currents||s Block elements|
|Trigonometry||Electromagnetic waves||p Block elements|
|Mathematical reasoning||Optics||d and f Block elements|
|–||Dual nature of matter and radiation||Coordination compounds|
|–||Atoms and nuclei||Environmental chemistry|
|–||Electronic devices||Purification and characterization of organic compounds|
|–||Communication systems||Some basic principles of organic chemistry|
|–||–||Organic compounds containing halogens|
|–||–||Organic compounds containing oxygen|
|–||–||Organic compounds containing nitrogen|
|–||–||Chemistry in everyday life|
|–||–||Principles related to practical chemistry|
JEE Main 2018 – FAQs
What is the minimum percentage required?
A student must have secured at least 75% in class 12 exam or be in top 20 percentile, for NITs, IIITs, CFTIs admission.
What are JEE Main 2018 instructions for improvement exam appearing students?
If a candidate passes Class XII in 2017 but writes one or a few subjects in 2018 for improvement or any other reason, then top 20 percentile cut-off for 2017 will be considered. However, if a candidate writes all the subjects in 2018, then the best of the two performances will be considered.If a candidate passes Class XII (or equivalent) in 2017 but writes any of the required subjects in 2018 for improvement or any other reason, then the aggregate percentage will be calculated by considering the maximum marks obtained in the required subjects.
Can diploma holders apply for JEE Main 2018?
A diploma holder is eligible for JEE Advanced. Hence he/she may appear in JEE Main 2018 to qualify for JEE Advanced but his score will not be used for admission to NITS, IIITs, CFTIs.
JEE Main Admit Card 2018
Check Name, Paper, Date of Birth, Gender, Test Centre Name, City, State Code of Eligibility and Category in admit card and get in touch with the board in case of issues.
- Those who have applied can download admit card from jeemain.nic.in.
- Date of availability of hall ticket is in March 2018.
- Candidates can login with application ID and date of birth for admit card download.
- Take its printout on exam day along with other important items and documents.
- JEE Main 2018 admit card has key details of candidate and exam; exam center allotment is informed through it.
JEE Main Answer Key
To make examination fair and transparent, CBSE displays official answer key after exam according to procedure.
- Display of JEE Main 2018 answer key will take place in April 2018 in online mode.
- Candidates can login to open answer key of pen and paper based test for all sets of question papers. For those who appeared in CBT, question paper with answers will be displayed on login.
- Objections against official provisional key can be sent in mode prescribed.
- Final answer keys will be used to compile result of JEE Main 2018.
JEE Main Result 2018
- Score and All India Rank will be declared by end of April 2018.
- JEE Main Score comprises of actual marks in Paper 1 along with status of being eligible for JEE Advanced 2018.
- All India Rank and All India Category Rank are indicated in score/rank card.
- Roll number wise result can be checked online at jeemain.nic.in requiring login with roll number and date of birth.
- AIR is mainly useful for counselling purpose whereas other ranks are only indicative.
- Rank card is only released online at official website.
Tie breaking for BE / B.Tech
- Higher marks in Mathematics.
- Higher marks in Physics.
- Ratio of positive and negative marks.
Tie breaking for B.Arch / B.Plan
- Higher marks in Aptitude Test.
- Higher marks in Drawing Test.
- Ratio of positive and negative marks.
JEE Main 2018 Application Form – CBSE will release application form of JEE Main 2018 in the month of December. Application form will have to be filled and submitted online at jeemain.nic.in.
JEE Main 2018 Exam Date – The Joint Entrance Examination Mains will be held in online and offline modes in the month of April 2018. Exam date of JEE Main 2018 is looked forward to be the first Sunday of April 2018, the second Saturday and Sunday of April 2018.
JEE Main 2018 Eligibility – Candidates who have completed class 12 either in 2016, or 2017, or will do so in 2018 can appear in JEE Main 2018. Other conditions are explained below.
JEE Main 2018 Exam Pattern – JEE Main Paper 1 is a single paper containing 3 sections namely Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, with a total of 90 questions of overall 360 marks. JEE Main Paper 2 has objective questions on Mathematics, and Aptitude, and a drawing test.
JEE Main 2018 Syllabus – The syllabus for JEE Main 2018 is given in detail in the information brochure. Candidates must cover all topics given in syllabus to be fully prepared for the exam.