JEE Main Paper 2 Drawing Test Questions For Practice
Here are some sample questions for JEE Main 2017 Paper 2 (B.Arch./B. Planning) you can practice.
Set 1 questions for practice
- A renowned Indian mobile service company wants to redesign their logo. Draw a logo for them so that it attracts customers of all age groups. Color it appropriately.
- Assume your size is 5cm. It is raining. Kids are playing with paper boats in puddles. You are sitting on the boat and enjoying the ride. The kids are laughing at you. Draw what you see!
- Compose and sketch a sculpture from 4 cubes. But some cubes are opaque and some transparent. Give light and shadow.
- Create a logo for a motor-cycle company
- Create a mural for a drama theater lobby.(proportions: 10 meter long and 2 meter high).
Set 2 questions for practice
- Design a bed sheet for a children’s bedroom using basic geometric shapes. Each shape can be used only twice and maximum 4 colors.
- Draw a 3 d composition of 3 books, 1 magnifying glass, 1 pair of specs, 1 drinking glass and 1 alarm clock.
- Imagine You are a fish and you are in an aquarium with your fish friends. Draw a n attractive sketch.
- Make an interesting 2d composition with 5 playing cards using three colors only.
- You are looking out of a window. It is a normal window with a wooden panel and horizontal bars (grills). You can see a playground with play equipment and some children playing beyond that. There is a small building and a hospital after that. Draw your view using your imagination.
Set 3 questions for practice
- You are visiting a mall where there are food stalls. You are enjoying your cold drink and the mall has an open roof.
- You have 4 cubes interlinked to each other. Some are opaque. Some are transparent. Draw a stable structure. Showing the effect of light and also draw the shades and shadows.
- You have six automobile tires. Arrange them and form a visually attractive sculpture, viewing from one angle and light is coming from the other angle. show shadow and lightning effect.
- You have three balls, a bat, stumps, and a cap. Make a dimension stable arrangement and show the effect of light
Once you have made the drawings, you can ask a teacher (from your school perhaps) to judge you and give you tips to improve.
JEE Main Paper 2 Exam Pattern
- Mathematics – Part I has objective questions
- Aptitude Test – Part II also has objective questions
- Drawing Test – Part III
Types of questions that are asked in JEE Main Paper 2
Drawing test in paper 2 tests a candidate’s drawing skills. With that it also checks how well a candidate observes his/her surroundings and is able to interpret it through drawings.
Rather than just colouring skills or artistic capabilities, Paper 2 looks at transfer of thoughts from mind to paper. In this, broadly the following types of questions get asked.
Perception of three dimensional. For a given object, building forms and elements candidate has to understand and appreciate scale and proportion of objects with understanding of color texture, harmony and contrast.
- Design and draw geometrical or abstract shapes and patterns in pencil.
- 2D and 3 D transformation union, subtraction, rotation.
- Development of surfaces and volumes.
- Plan generation
- 3D elevations
- 3 D views of objects.
- Create 2 D or 3 D compositions with certain shapes and forms given in questions.
- Sketch scenes and activities from memory of places usually found in urban areas such as parks, markets, celebrations, streets, monuments; landscape such as river, forests; and rural.
JEE Main Question Paper with Answers Paper 2
Candidates should also practice previous year question papers to understand the question paper patter and type of question. Previous year question papers and answer keys of JEE Main exam are given HERE for both Paper 1 and Paper 2.
Books recommended for JEE Main Paper 2
|A complete Self Study Guide for B.Arch Entrance Examination||Buy Online|
|Steps to Architecture (NATA) B. Arch Entrance Exam Guide||Buy Online|
|NATA & B.ARCH Question Bank: Entrance Examination||Buy Online|
|A complete Self Study Guide for B.Arch||Buy Online|
|NATA & B. ARCH Complete Self Study Material: Entrance Examination||Buy Online|
|NATA (B.Arch) Guide to Bachelor of Architecture Entrance Examination||Buy Online|