IIM Selection Criteria – The selection criteria for each IIM is published individually. Every candidate who wants to pursue postgraduation wishes to get selected at IIMs. The admission in IIMs is done in two levels. The first is to appear in CAT and qualify the test then followed by a written ability test and perso al interview. IIM Selection Criteria 2020 – 2022 enlists the minimum percentile required in CAT 2019 exam which is required to be eligible for IIM Admissions. On basis of the IIM CAT cut offs, candidates are shortlisted for the next stage. Candidates can scroll down to know more about the IIM selection process for batch 2020 – 22.
IIM Selection Criteria for admission in 2020 – 22
At present the total number of IIMs is 20 and the selection in PGP course is done via CAT 2019 score followed by a written ability test and personal interview. Each IIM has its own selection criteria for admission.
Other IIM’s Selection Criteria
Total IIM Seats – IIMs seats for PGP and related courses.
The number of seats is subject to change, as they are referred from last year’s data.
The competition for IIM Admissions remains tough as ever. For each MBA aspirant wishes to get admission in one of the esteemed Indian Institute of Management. The first thing is to score high in CAT. You need to achieve the minimum cut off percentile. Also, you need to be aware of the IIM Selection Criteria 2019. Points are given to each applicant for marks scored in class 10th and 12th. Also, there is separate weightage for work experience. Apart from this, your performance in WAT and PI matter a lot.
IIM Admission 2020 – 2022
The Indian Institutes of Management conduct the Common Admission Test. CAT 2019 is being held for selection of candidates for admission to MBA courses in various IIMs. After the CAT results are declared, list of shortlisted candidates is published. There are two main stages.
- IIM Shortlisting on basis of CAT Cut-Offs.
- Written Admission Test (WAT) or Group Discussion (GD).
- Personal Interview (PI).
The first level is qualifying CAT and clearing the cut-off. This is a common test to be taken by all who seek admission in IIMs. The Indian Institute of Management (IIM) admission seekers must appear in CAT. The next level consisting of WAT/GD, PI and shortlisting is done by individual IIMs. Each IIM publishes its separate criteria and details. The dates of GD/WAT and PI are fixed in accordance with each IIM and candidates are intimated accordingly.
IIM Shortlisting Criteria 2020 – Candidates are shortlisted on basis of minimum CAT percentile requirement. The CAT IIM cut-offs are declared by IIMs in the selection process details. List of shortlisted candidates is published soon after CAT results.
WAT / GD-PI – Earlier GD used to be conducted. Now, most of the IIMs have replaced this with the WAT. Some of them have neither GD nor WAT, only PI. Weightage is given to each stage and the final score calculated accordingly.
Factors important for the high score in IIM Selection Criteria 2020. – The following factors are considered while calculating the final score.
- CAT exam score.
- Class 10th marks.
- Class 12th marks.
- Bachelor’s degree marks.
- Work experience.
- Gender diversity.
How to get a call from IIMs?
It is a fact that simply scoring high in CAT is not enough. To get a call from IIMs, to get shortlisted, you need to know the nitty-gritty of the selection process.
Each of the IIMs has a very elaborate procedure for admitting students. Some look for students with consistent academic records. Some look for a diverse background. There are some who focus more on CAT and GD-PI performance. To know which IIM you have most chances in, read ahead.
IIM Ahmedabad Admission – Know about Application Rating, PI, WAT, and Final Selection.
- Application Rating Score (AR)=A+B+C. Here A = points relative to class 10 score, B is for class 12th marks, and C is for percentage score in Bachelor’s degree. Thus, having a good past academic record is very important.
- Next come the WAT and PI rounds.
- Normalized AR score of an applicant is equal to his/her AR scores divided by average of the top 50 AR scores from the applicants’ pool.
IIM Bangalore Selection and Admissions.
- First of all, candidates are shortlisted on basis of CAT score. It is important to clear the minimum cut offset by the IIM B. After that class 10th and 12th marks are taken into consideration. Also, the scores of the bachelor’s degree are included. Candidates from CA, CS have added points under professional courses.
- Further, the score for work experience is calculated.
- The standardized score is computed from the raw score.
- This is followed by the Personal Interview (PI).
IIM Calcutta – Clearing cut off, Calculation of Composite Scores, Criteria for Final Selection.
- The first stage comprises of achieving minimum CAT percentile section wise, and overall.
- Only those who get a minimum cut off will be eligible for score calculation of the composite score.
- For the composite scores, points and weights to the following factors are given. – CAT 2019 score, class 10 marks, class 12 marks, gender diversity factor. On the basis of this composite score, candidates are called for interview and WAT.
- Final score calculation is on the basis of WAT, PI, CAT score, bachelor’s degree background, PG, work experience.
IIM Lucknow Selection Criteria 2020 Admissions.
- Candidates will need to clear a minimum CAT 2019 cut off.
- Generation of merit list for WAT and PI.
- Evaluation of candidates on basis of WAT (Written Ability Test) and PI.
- Generation of final admission list and IIM Lucknow (IIM L) admission offers.
Total Number of seats in Older IIMs
|S. No.||IIMs||Total No. of Seats-2014|
Intake and shortlisting.
|Category||Planned Intake||To be Shortlisted|
Total Number of seats in New IIMs
|New IIMs||Number of seats|
To know more about IIM Selection Criteria 2020 and about details of IIM Admission, please visit official IIMs websites. The list candidates shortlisted on basis of CAT score and other factors will be uploaded on IIM websites individually. The official website for CAT exam is iimcat.ac.in.