IIM Kozhikode: IIMK has started the 2nd round of shortlisting process for PGP 2022-24 batch on the official website. Candidates can login using the registration number, email address and verification code. IIMK adopts a three‐stage selection process and accordingly the selection criteria are applied in three stages. The first stage process applies to all candidates who have opted for IIM Kozhikode and registered online for admission to IIMK while filling the CAT 2021 online application form. Candidates who fulfil the eligibility and has registered for IIMK are invited for the 2nd stage Personal interview rounds followed by a final shortlisting round in the 3rd stage. Candidates can scroll down to know more about the IIMK selection process in details.
Latest – IIM Kozhikode (IIM K) has started the Second round of shortlisting process for admission in 2022 – 2024. Click here to check it.
IIM Kozhikode Selection Criteria for PGP Admission 2022 -2024
IIM-K has started the Second round of the shortlisting process on the official website i.e iimk.ac.in. Candidates may login using the login credentials and security code to proceed further for PGP admission in IIMK Academic session 2022 -2024. Candidates who are eligible for the admission gets shortlisted for the Second round.
IIM Kozhikode 2022 -2024 Selection process
Candidates can check below the 3 step selection process of IIM Kozhikode they need to go through in order to take admission at IIM Kozhikode.
Stage 1: Registration of candidates meeting the minimum eligibility criteria
In stage 1, Candidates who are have higher score mentioned in the below given table will be shortlisted for first shortlisting for IIM Kozhikode.
|Category||CAT Percentile||Sectional Percentile||Class 10 Percentage||Class 12 Percentage|
All candidates who have opted for the IIM Kozhikode must be eligible according to the above mentioned minimum eligibility criteria. Candidates who are eligible will be notified via email for the selection of Second round of shortlisting.
- The Stage 2 process applies to all eligible candidates who have successfully completed the registration process in Stage 1 for the admissions to IIMK and it is for the determination of the candidates to be called for personal interview (PI).
- A shortlist of candidates in each category will be prepared based on an Aggregate Index Score (AIS). The AIS is computed based on the performance in CAT 2021, Class X, Class XII, gender/academic diversity criterion, and work experience.
- The weight of each component in the AIS is as follows:
The details of each component are given below
CAT Index Score
- Scaled scores from the three sections (with equal weightages) of CAT 2021 will be considered for the computation of the CAT Index Score.
- The CAT Index Score will carry a weight of 45% in stage second shortlisitng.
SSC/Class 10th/ Equivalent percentage score
- The percentage of marks obtained in SSC/Class X/IB/Equivalent would be calculated based on the aggregate marks of all subjects that appear in the marks sheet or grade sheet, irrespective ofwhether the Board considers them for calculation of percentage.
- The SSC/Class X/IB/Equivalent percentage scores are first adjusted by dividing each score by the highest percentage score obtained in the Board and then that adjusted score is multiplied by 25.
- The database of SSC/Class X/IB/Equivalent percentage scores of all CAT applicants for the past three years including the current year is used for identifying the highest percentage score of a Board.
HSC/ Class XII/Equivalent/Diploma Score
- The percentage of marks obtained in HSC/Class XII/IB/Equivalent/Diploma would be calculated based on the aggregate marks of all subjects that appear in the marks sheet or grade sheet, of whether the Board considers them for calculation of percentage.
- The HSC/Class XII/IB/Equivalent/Diploma percentage scores are first adjusted by dividing each score by the highest percentage score obtained in the stream of that Board and then that adjusted score is multiplied by 15.
- The database of HSC/Class XII/IB/Equivalent/Diploma percentage scores of all CAT applicants for the past three years including the current year is used for identifying the highest percentage score of a stream in a Board.
Gender/ Academic Diversity Score
- Marks are awarded for gender/academic diversity.
- Only female candidates are eligible for a gender diversity score.
- A candidate with (or pursuing) a bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a discipline other than engineering/technology will be eligible for the academic diversity score.
- A candidate is entitled only to an applicable diversity score of 10, from either gender diversity or academic diversity and not both.
Work Experience Score
- Previous work/professional experience will carry a weight of up to 5%, depending on the length of service as on December 31, 2021.
- Only fulltime remunerative work experience after graduation will be considered. Part-time/Project/Internship/Articleship/Pre-Graduation work experience will not be counted as work experience.
- A candidate with a work experience of 6 months or above will be eligible for work experience score.
Reg. Self-employment/partnership experience: fulltime self-employment must be established
using any two of the following documents:
- Registered partnership deed,
- MCA/RoC firm registration certificate,
- GST registration of firm,
- Firm’s audited statements of account (for at least two continuous financial years),
- DIPP Certificate of Recognition
Stage 3: Final Shortlisting
- The short-listed candidates will have to appear for a PI. During the PI process, the panel will evaluate the academic efforts and disposition, general awareness and social disposition, attitude, personality and communication and the quality of work experience of each candidate.
- The resume score will be calculated based on the quality of academic and professional qualifications.
- After the conclusion of the PI process, the final scores will be computed based on the performance in CAT 2021, PI, and resume. Category-wise merit list will be prepared based on the final scores.
- Admission offers will be made to candidates following the merit list as per the Government of India reservation norms.
IIM Kozhikode Reservation Policy
IIM Kozhikode will follow Government of India reservation policy for admission to Central Educational Institutions (CEIs). Any dispute concerning Admissions for the PGP of Batch 2022- 2024 would be subject to the jurisdiction of the competent Courts within Kozhikode only.
Other IIM’s Selection Criteria
Ans. Candidate can apply from the official website of IIM-K i.e iimk.ac.in after checking the eligibility criteria.
Ans. Candidates who are eligible for admission i.e. a positive CAT score are enrolled into Shortlisting Stage 1.
Ans. There are total 353 seats in IIM Kozhikode.
For more details on IIM Kozhikode 2022 PGP selection criteria – Click here
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.