IIM Kozhikode (IIM K) Selection Criteria 2019 for PGP Admission 2019-2021
IIM Kozhikode Selection criteria for PGP Admission 2019-2021 has been announced. Please read the details such as CAT Cut Off for IIM Kozhikode, Aggregate score calculation, and other information carefully to know PGP Admission 2019-2021 details of IIM Kozhikode.
IIMK adopts a three‐stage selection process and accordingly these selection criteria are applied in three stages. The first stage process applies to all candidates who have opted for IIM Kozhikode and registered online for admission to IIMK) to determine those qualifying candidates who will be called for personal interview (PI).
All candidates meeting the requirements mentioned in Table 1 are eligible for consideration to the stage 1 short‐listing.
Stage 1: Registration of candidates meeting the minimum eligibility criteria
In stage 1, the following minimum eligibility criteria will be applied to all those candidates who have opted for IIM Kozhikode
Table 1: Minimum Eligibility Criteria
|Category||CAT Score Percentile||Sectional Percentile||SSC/X Class Percentage**||HSC/ XII Class Percentage**|
* The percentage of marks obtained in Class X and Class XII would be the aggregate marks of all subjects that appear in the marks sheet or grade sheet, irrespective of whether the Board considers them for calculation of percentage.
Note: General (GEN), Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST), Non-creamy Other Backward Caste (NC-OBC), Persons with Disability (PwD)
All candidates opted for IIM Kozhikode and fulfilling the above-mentioned minimum eligibility criteria would receive a call for online registration for admissions to IIM Kozhikode. The candidates who have successfully completed the registration process only will be considered for stage 2. Please note that this a pre-interview registration process and not the call for interview.
Stage 2: Shortlisting for Personal Interview(PI), and Writing Ability Test(WAT)
The second stage process applies to all eligible candidates who have successfully completed the registration process in stage 1 for the admissions to IIMK and it is for the determination of the candidates to be called for personal interview (PI) and writing ability test (WAT). A shortlist of candidates in each category will be created based on an Aggregate Index Score (AIS). The AIS is computed based on the performance in CAT 2018 and Class XII and an academic diversity criterion. The weight of each component in the AIS is as follows:
|CAT 2018 Index Score||75%|
|Class XII Score||20%|
|Academic Diversity Factor||5%|
*The number of candidates shortlisted would be at the discretion of IIMK and would depend on the batch size planned for 2019-21.
The details of each component are given as follows:
CAT Index Score
Performance in CAT is an important component in the admission process. Candidates are expected to perform well in each section of the test. Scaled Scores from the three sections (with equal weightages) of CAT 2018 will be considered for the computation of the CAT Index Score. CAT Index Score will carry a weight of 75%
HSC/ Class XII/Equivalent/Diploma Score
The percentage of marks obtained in HSC/Class XII/Equivalent/Diploma would be calculated based on the aggregate marks of all subjects that appear in the marks sheet or grade sheet, irrespective of whether the Board considers them for calculation of percentage. The HSC/Class XII/Equivalent/Diploma percentage scores are first adjusted by dividing each score by the highest percentage score obtained in the stream of that board and then that adjusted score is multiplied by 20. The database of HSC/Class XII/Equivalent/Diploma percentage scores of all CAT applicants for the past three years including the current year is used for identifying the highest percentage score of a stream in a board.
Academic Diversity Score
A candidate with (or pursuing) a bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a discipline other than engineering/technology will be eligible for the academic diversity score. The academic diversity score will carry a weight of 5%.
Stage 3: Final Shortlist
After the conclusion of PI and WAT, the final scores will be computed (Table 3) based on the performance in CAT 2018, PI, essay, and the professional resume. Category-wise merit list will be prepared based on the final scores. Selection of the 60 supernumerary seats reserved for women will be done using the same three-staged process restricted to only the women candidates. Admission offers will be made to candidates following the merit list as per the Government of India reservation norms
|CAT 2018 Index Score||40%|
IIM Kozhikode will follow Government of India reservation policy for admission to Central Educational Institutions (CEIs).
Any dispute concerning Admissions for the PGP of Batch 2019-2021 would be subject to the jurisdiction of the competent Courts within Kozhikode only.
- Stage 1 is a pre-interview registration process and not a call for PI and WAT
- Only candidates who have successfully registered online for admissions to IIMK will be considered for stage 2 (PI and WAT). The successful registration does not automatically qualify a candidate for the stage 2 selection process.
- The number of candidates shortlisted for stage 2 would be at the discretion of IIMK and would depend on the batch size planned for 2019-21.
- Each IIM shortlists candidates for WAT and PI based on their own criteria. Hence it is natural to observe variations in the lists of candidates shortlisted by different IIMs.
- The candidates’ short-list for stage 2 (PI and WAT) will be made available on the IIMK website around the last week of January 2019. The interview call letters, venue details, etc. will be made available on the IIMK website and the candidates need to download the same.
- After the completion of stage 2 (WAT and PI), a merit list for admissions will be prepared around the last week of April/first week of May 2019. The required number of admissions offers will be given in the order of merit, following the Government of India reservation policy. Hard copies of the admission offer will be issued only to those candidates who accept the offer and make the required payments within the stipulated time.
- A limited number of candidates will be kept in the waitlist. Offers to the candidates in the waiting list will depend upon the number of candidates not accepting offers from the initial list. The number of candidates in the waitlist would be at the discretion of IIMK and will depend on the batch size planned for 2019-21.
- All the candidates are advised to check their emails regularly and visit the IIMK web site for updates on admission related activities.
- If a candidate fails to complete the admission formalities within the stipulated time period, irrespective of reasons, the seat will be forfeited and the next candidate in the waiting list will be given the offer.
- IIMK reserves the right to change, modify or adopt any new admission policy and process to comply with Government/ Judicial requirements or as it deems necessary. IIMK also reserves the right to adopt an admission policy which best suits its purpose of identifying and admitting the most appropriate candidates to the postgraduate program.
- IIMK does not share any responsibility for other institutions using the PI and WAT scores of IIMK for their admissions.
- Originals (and copies) of all certificates (academic/reservation category/work experience* /awards/certifications) must be produced for verification at the time of PI and WAT. Any candidate failing to produce any of the relevant original certificates mentioned will be disqualified from attending the PI.
- All communication pertaining to IIM Kozhikode PGP admissions will be done only through the admissions office of IIM Kozhikode.
- IIM Kozhikode does not allow deferment of an admission offer to subsequent years.
- Any misrepresentation or suppression of information by a candidate at any stage during the admissions process, will lead to immediate disqualification of the candidate from the admission process.
- A candidate receiving the admission offer from IIM Kozhikode and accepting the offer within the stipulated date needs to send an amount of Rs. 1,00,000/, along with the offer acceptance. The candidate will have to register on the registration day for the post graduate program and pay the necessary fees to complete the admission process.
- A candidate withdrawing from the program will receive a fee refund if withdrawal is before the date and time specified in the PGP 2019-21 withdrawal procedure on IIMK website, which will be duly uploaded. Note that the refund will be after deducting processing charges as per govt. norms (F. No. 21-I66/2007-TS. II).
- A candidate withdrawing from the program after the date and time specified in the withdrawal procedure will be permitted refund only if he/she does not cause a resultant shortfall such that admitted batch size is lower than the sanctioned batch size for 2019-21
Read complete details of IIM Kozhikode Admission Policy 2019.
Click Here to download Indian Institute of Management Kozhikode PGP Admissions Policy and Procedure for the Academic Year 2019 – 2021.