IIM Amritsar Selection Criteria 2023 will be released soon by IIM A. The selection criteria of IIM Amritsar tells the CAT cut off, weightages, and other aspects of IIM Amritsar admission 2023. Students who wish to get admission in IIM Amritsar can check the complete IIM Amritsar selection criteria here before participating in IIM Amritsar admission 2023-24.
IIM Amritsar MBA Admission 2023
The selection criteria of IIM Amritsar 2023 will be out soon.
In the meantime you can check last year’s selection criteria.
IIM Amritsar selection criteria of last year was as follows.
The minimum eligibility criteria used by IIM Amritsar in the MBA-BA, admissions for the academic year 2022-24 are given below.
|Category||QuantitativeAptitude(Percentile)||Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning(Percentile)||Verbal & ReadingComprehension(Percentile)||Total(Overall Percentile)|
|Non Creamy Other Backward Classes (NC-OBC)||65||60||60||75|
|Scheduled Castes (SC)||55||50||50||55|
|Scheduled Tribes (ST)||35||35||35||40|
|Persons with Disabilities (PwD)||35||35||35||40|
Final Merit list for Admission to the PG Programme (PGP) at IIM Amritsar
A two-stage selection process will be used by IIM Amritsar to select the candidates for admission to its 2021-2023 batch of postgraduate programmes in management. Accordingly, the following selection criteria are applied in two stages for all the eligible candidates applied for admission to IIM Amritsar subject to the fulfilment of minimum eligibility criteria.
Stage-1: All the candidates who have applied to IIM Amritsar and also meet the minimum eligibility criteria mentioned in Table-1 are eligible to be shortlisted for Personal Interview (PI). The criteria mentioned above are intended to be minimum eligibility criteria and does not imply a call for the interview. Candidates obtaining a positive (greater than zero) raw score in all sections of CAT 2021 will only be considered. The actual candidates to be shortlisted in Stage 1 will be based on CAT overall percentile score subject to the fulfilment of minimum eligibility criteria.
Stage 2: Only those candidates who meet the required CAT 2021 percentile cut off, and have successfully completed the registration, by the stipulated date, for admission to PGP 2022-24 of IIM Amritsar will be considered in stage 2 of the admission process. The final merit list for admission to IIM Amritsar will be prepared based on the criteria given below.
Work Experience: The work experience will carry a weight of 10%, which will be computed based on the length of the service period. Only full-time on job experience after graduation will be taken into consideration while experience acquired during apprenticeship/Training/Internship/Academic Project work/Articleship/Pre graduation period/the work performed as an integral part of curricular requirement will not be considered. A candidate with a work experience of 6 months or above will be eligible for a work experience score. A sample illustration of the marks awarded is given below.
Academic/Gender diversity: To ensure diversity, 10% marks will be awarded to female or non-engineering candidates. However, a particular candidate is entitled to a diversity score of 5% either from gender or academic diversity. A candidate with any bachelor’s degree other than Engineering/Technology (B.Tech./B.E. or equivalent degrees) will be eligible for an academic diversity score.
Reservation Policy: IIM Amritsar will follow the Government of India reservation policy for admission to Central Educational Institutions (CEIs).
Any dispute concerning Admissions for the PGP Batch 2022-24 would be subject to the jurisdiction of the competent Courts within the territorial jurisdiction of the city of Kozhikode only.
The candidates are advised to read the following care instructions given below.
- Candidates who appear for CAT 2021 and opted for admission to IIM Amritsar are only eligible for admission to IIM Amritsar.
- Each IIM shortlists candidates for PI, based on its own criteria. Hence, it is possible to observe variations in the lists of candidates shortlisted by different IIMs.
- A limited number of candidates will be kept in the waiting list. Offers to the candidates in the waiting list will depend upon the number of candidates not accepting the offers from the initial list.
- All the candidates are advised to check their registered emails regularly and visit IIM Amritsar website for updates on admission related activities.
- If a candidate fails to confirm the admission formalities within the stipulated time period, for whatsoever reasons, the seat will be automatically forfeited and the next candidate in the waiting list will get the offer.
- IIM Amritsar reserves the right to change, modify or adopt any new admission policy and process to comply with Government/Judicial requirements or that it deems necessary, and which best suits its purpose of identifying and admitting the most appropriate candidates to the postgraduate programme (PGP).
- Closure of the admission window (to be intimated later) no refund of fee will be made.
- IIM Amritsar does not allow deferment of admission offers to subsequent years.
- Any misrepresentation or suppression of information by a candidate will lead to immediate disqualification of their candidature from the admission process.
Other IIM’s Selection Criteria
FAQs on IIM Amritsar Admission PGP 2022
The official website of IIM Amritsar is iimamritsar.ac.in.
The qualifying cutoff for General category candidates is 85 percentile for IIM Amritsar PGP admission 2022.
IIM Amritsar has released the shortlisted candidates for Personal Interviews (PI) for its MBA, MBA-BA and MBA-HR programs via email and SMS.
Selection criteria for IIM Amritsar is based on the performance of candidates in the CAT, Personal Interview and also based on their profile.
Yes, CAT 2021 score is mandatory for shortlisting the candidates for admission process.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.