IIM Amritsar has announced the selection criteria for admission 2019. Admission to IIM Amritsar will be based on the performance of candidates in the CAT, Personal Interview & Written Ability Test (PI & WAT) and also based on their profile. A two-stage selection process will be used by IIM Amritsar to select the candidates for admission to its 2019 batch of the postgraduate programme in management. Check all the details related to IIM Amritsar Selection Criteria Admission PGP 2019 from here.
IIM Amritsar Selection Criteria Admission PGP 2019
Candidates who appear for CAT 2018 and opted for admission to IIM Amritsar are only eligible for admission to IIM Amritsar. Each IIM shortlists candidates for GD/WAT and PI, based on its own criteria. Hence, it is possible to observe variations in the lists of candidates shortlisted by different IIMs.
The minimum eligibility criteria used by IIM Amritsar in the PGP admissions for the academic year 2019-21 are given below.
|Category||Section – I|
Quantitative Aptitude (Percentile)
|Section – II|
Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning (Percentile)
|Section – III|
Verbal & Reading Comprehension (Percentile)
Final Merit list for Admission to the PG Programme (PGP) at IIM Amritsar
A two-stage selection process will be used by IIM Amritsar to select the candidates for admission to its 2019-2021 batch of postgraduate programme in management. Accordingly, the following selection criteria are applied in two stages for all the eligible candidates applied for admission to IIM Amritsar subject to the fulfillment of minimum eligibility criteria.
Stage-1: All the candidates who have applied to IIM Amritsar and also meet the minimum eligibility criteria mentioned in Table-1 are eligible to be shortlisted for Writing Ability Test (WAT) and Personal Interview (PI). The criteria mentioned above are intended to be minimum eligibility criteria and does not imply a call for the interview. Candidates obtaining a positive (greater than zero) raw score in all sections of CAT-2018 will only be considered. The actual candidates to be shortlisted in stage 1 will be based on CAT overall percentile score subject to the fulfillment of minimum eligibility criteria.
Stage 2: Only those candidates who meet the required CAT 2018 percentile cut off, and have successfully completed the registration, by the stipulated date, for admission to PGP 2019-21 of IIM Amritsar will be considered in stage 2 of the admission process. The final merit list for admission to IIM Amritsar will be prepared based on the criteria given below.
Work Experience: The work experience will carry a weight of 5%, which will be computed based on the length of the service period. The length of the experience considered will be till April 30, 2019. Only fulltime on job experience after graduation will be taken into consideration while experience acquired during apprenticeship/Training/Internship/Academic Project work/Articleship/Pregraduation period/the work performed as an integral part of curricular requirement will not be considered. A candidate with a work experience of 6 months or above will be eligible for work experience score. A sample illustration of the marks awarded is given below.
Score for Work Experience in Completed Months
Academic/Gender diversity: To ensure diversity, 5% marks will be awarded to female or non-engineering candidates. However, a particular candidate is entitled to diversity score of 5% either from gender or academic diversity. A candidate with any bachelor’s degree other than Engineering/Technology (B.Tech./B.E. or equivalent degrees) will be eligible for academic diversity score.
Reservation Policy: IIM Amritsar will follow Government of India reservation policy for admission to Central Educational Institutions (CEIs).
Any dispute concerning Admissions for the PGP Batch 2019-2021 would be subject to jurisdiction of the competent Courts within the territorial jurisdiction of the city of Kozhikode only.
The candidates are advised to read the following carefully instruction given below.
- Candidates who appear for CAT 2018 and opted for admission to IIM Amritsar are only eligible for admission to IIM Amritsar.
- Each IIM shortlists candidates for GD/WAT and PI, based on its own criteria. Hence, it is possible to observe variations in the lists of candidates shortlisted by different IIMs.
- Subsequent to the PI and WAT/CT, IIM Kozhikode will prepare the merit list for admissions tentatively by the mid-June 2019. The required number of admission offers will be released from this merit list. Hard copies of the admission offers will be issued only to those candidates who send the completed offer acceptance form together with the required payment.
- A limited number of candidates will be kept in the waiting list. Offers to the candidates in the waiting list will depend upon the number of candidates not accepting the offers from the initial list.
- All the candidates are advised to check their registered emails regularly and visit IIM Amritsar website for updates on admission related activities.
- If a candidate fails to confirm the admission formalities within the stipulated time period, for whatsoever reasons, the seat will be automatically forfeited and the next candidate in the waiting list will get the offer.
- IIM Amritsar reserves the right to change, modify or adopt any new admission policy and process to comply with Government/Judicial requirements or that it deems necessary, and which best suits its purpose of identifying and admitting the most appropriate candidates to the post graduate programme (PGP).
- A candidate receiving the admission offer from IIM Amritsar and accepting the offer within the stipulated date needs to send along with the offer acceptance, an offer acceptance fee of Rs.50,000/-. The candidate will have to register on the registration day for the programme which will be intimated to them and pay the necessary fees to complete the admission process. A candidate withdrawing from the programme can get the fee refunded after deducting the processing charges as per govt. norms. If the withdrawal is happening after the closure of the admission window (to be intimated later) no refund of fee will be made.
- All communication pertaining to IIM Amritsar PGP admissions will be done only through the admissions office of IIM Kozhikode.
- IIM Amritsar does not allow deferment of admission offers to subsequent years.
- Any misrepresentation or suppression of information by a candidate will lead to immediate disqualification of their candidature from the admission process.
For more details of IIM Amritsar Selection Criteria Admission PGP 2019 – Download Official Notification
Other IIM’s Selection Criteria
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.