IIM Trichy PGP Selection Criteria 2021 – The general candidates who secure a minimum of 94 percentile in CAT 2020 shall be called for IIM Trichy PI & WAT rounds. The candidates are given final admission based on CAT scores and performance scores on PI and WAT. Also, other factors that are taken into consideration are work experience and performance at the PG level. To know more keep reading below.
IIM Trichy PGP Selection Criteria 2021 – 2023
The candidates need the below-given minimum percentile in CAT to be eligible for the PI and WAT rounds.
Selection Process of IIM Trichy in PGP course
Considering the COVID-19 pandemic outbreak, the Written Ability Test (WAT) Process is excluded from the CAP 2021 Process. Besides, the Personal Interview (PI) would be conducted through the online mode. The exact date for PI will be communicated by the IIM Raipur, coordinating Institute for 2021-23 batch, on behalf of all participating IIMs.
Criteria that would be used to select candidates post Personal Interview (PI) will be updated on the Institute’s website soon.
The selection process of IIM Trichy is given below in brief:
Stage 1: Candidates are called for PI and WAT if they qualify the CAT cutoff.
Stage 2: Written Analysis Test and Personal Interview is conducted
Stage 3: The final merit list is prepared based on:
- CAT scores
- PI and WAT performance
- Work experience
- Performance at Undergraduate level
- Professional Qualification
- Gender diversity
Weightage of different sections in IIM Trichy PGP selection process
The admission will be based on the weightage of different sections as shown in the section below:
1. CAT score: 50 percent weightage.
2. Written Analysis Test (14 percent weightage): Vocabulary, content of writing and writing skills
3. Personal Interview (14 percent weightage):
- Communication Skills
- Academic Ability
- Current Affairs & General Awareness
- Managerial & Leadership Abilities
- Co-curricular and Extra-curricular Activities
4. Work experience: 5 percent weightage
5. Performance at Undergraduate level: 10 percent weightage
6. Professional Qualification: 2 percent weightage (Pass in the final examinations of CA / ICWA/ CS)
7. Gender Diversity: 5 percent weightage for female candidates.
To encourage diversity in the batch, differential weightage, as shown below, shall be applied to different disciplines:
– Engineering / Technology: 0.5
– Science/Arts / Medicine (including Pharmacy)/Commerce / Economics / Management/other disciplines: 1.0
Other IIM’s Selection Criteria
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.