Indian and foreign nationals living, working or studying outside India will be considered as ‘Overseas Candidates’ for admission to IIM Tiruchirappalli for the 2019-21 batch. However, an overseas candidate who is expected to be in India during CAT will not be eligible to apply under an overseas category. Candidates residing in neighboring countries like Nepal from where there are no entry restrictions to India will also not be considered as ‘Overseas Candidates’.
Admission Policy for Overseas Candidates: PGP 2019-2021
Overseas candidates seeking admission to the two years residential Post Graduate Programme in Management should apply in the prescribed form available on our website. Completed Application Form along with the following must reach IIM Trichy.
- Copies of the relevant academic mark sheets and certificates (Class X, Class XII, Graduation, Post-Graduation if applicable)
- Copy of passport pages of an applicant that have official entries
- Two recommendation letters from two academic referees (preferably from professors/teachers/academics who have taught the candidate in the recent past). Candidates who are working presently and are not able to submit recommendation letters from two academic referees may submit at least one recommendation letter from an academic referee and the other from a referee in industry.
- An application fee of prescribed amount in Indian currency (by bank draft in favor of Indian Institute of Management Tiruchirappalli payable at Tiruchirappalli).
Please send the filled-in Application Form along with required documents and application fee by way of a bank draft in favor of “Indian Institute of Management Tiruchirappalli” payable at Tiruchirappalli to:-
Consultant-Admissions & Administration
Indian Institute of Management
Pudukottai Main Road,
Chinna Sooriyur Village,
Tiruchirappalli – 620 024
- In order to be eligible to apply for Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM), a candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA, awarded by any of the Universities incorporated by an act of the central or state legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification recognized by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India.
- For foreign degrees, the equivalence of the degree needs to be certified by the Association of Indian Universities. The percentage of marks obtained by the candidate in the bachelor’s degree would be calculated based on the practice followed by the university/institution from which the candidate has obtained the degree. In case the candidates are awarded grades/CGPA instead of marks, the conversion of grades/CGPA to percentage of marks would be based on the procedure certified by the university/ institution from where they have obtained the bachelor’s degree.
- In case the university/ institution does not have any scheme for converting CGPA into equivalent marks, the equivalence would be established by dividing the candidate’s CGPA by the maximum possible CGPA and multiplying the result with 100.
Candidates appearing for the final year of bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification examination and those who have completed degree requirements and are awaiting results can also apply. If selected, such candidates will be allowed to join the programme provisionally, only if they submit a certificate at the time of joining from the Principal / Registrar of their College/Institute stating that the candidate has completed all the requirements for obtaining the bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification as on the date of the issue of the certificate.
Shortlisting and Interview
Candidates will be shortlisted based on academic performance, relevant work experience and letters of reference. Shortlisted candidates will be required to appear for an interview. The interview will be held telephonically or through virtual media such as Skype. The Institute will inform the candidate regarding the interview at least a week in advance. The final selection of the candidate will be based on multiple criteria such as academic performance, relevance, and quality of work experience, GMAT scores, letters of recommendation and overall suitability for admission to the PGP.
Fees and Expenses
The total fee for the current batch will be US $ 16,000 per annum, totaling to the US $ 32,000 for a period of two years and it covers Tuition, IT and Infrastructure, Library, Books and Study Materials, Student Welfare, Medical, Admissions and Orientations, Placement, and Hostel Accommodation. The fee payment is to be made in INR. In addition, the admitted students will be required to pay the boarding charges and refundable caution deposit in INR, as applicable to non-Overseas students admitted through CAT. All personal expenses including boarding are to be borne by the student and will be over and above the fee charged by the Institute.
Admission Policy for Indian Candidates: PGP 2019-2021
Indian Institute of Management Tiruchirappalli (also referred to herein as IIM Trichy or IIM T) plans to have a batch size of two hundred and forty students (240) for the PGP batch of 2019-21. This document details the process that would be adopted for selecting candidates for admission to the PGP at IIM Trichy for the batch of 2019-21. IIM Trichy reserves the right to modify any part of this document including the various criteria and cutoffs mentioned therein at any time until the admission process for the batch will complete.
The admission process of IIM Trichy takes into consideration the candidate’s performance in CAT, performance in Personal Interview (PI) and Written Analysis Test (WAT), academic record and relevant work experience.
The criteria that would be used to select candidates for Personal Interview and Written Analysis Test (PI & WAT) are shown below:
Criteria for shortlisting for PI & WAT:
IIM T will use CAT percentile for short¬listing candidates for PI & WAT. Table 1 indicates the minimum performance expected from candidates to be shortlisted for the PI & WAT. Please note that achieving the cut-off percentile in CAT is a necessary but not sufficient condition for being shortlisted.
Minimum cutoff percentiles (CAT)
|Data Interpretation &
|Verbal & Reading
It must be noted that the cut-off percentiles given in above Table are indicative. The actual cut-off percentiles for 2019-21 batch may vary from those mentioned in Table. IIM Tiruchirappalli will decide the number of candidates to be called for the PI & WAT for each of the above categories.
PI & WAT venues:
Criteria that would be used to select candidates post Personal Interview (PI) and Written Analysis Test (WAT)
The following will be the parameters and corresponding weightages used to arrive at the composite score of the candidates, which will be used to prepare the final merit list for admissions.
Please note that the sub-parameters used under each head are also mentioned below, (for e.g., the WAT examines the candidate’s vocabulary, content of writing and writing skills).
- CAT score: 50 percent weightage.
- Written Analysis Test (14 percent weightage): Vocabulary, content of writing and writing skills
- Personal Interview (14 percent weightage):
- Communication, attitude, and personality
- Academic efforts and disposition
- Managerial and leadership attributes
- Social awareness and disposition
- Overall presence
- Work experience (based on the quantum of work experience): 5 percent weightage.
- Performance at Undergraduate level: 10 percent weightage. – This performance shall be measured by multiplying the percentage marks scored by the weightage applicable to the discipline as shown below. 10 percent of the score so obtained shall be considered in the overall evaluation. [UG performance score = (per cent score at UG * discipline weightage)* 0.10]
- To encourage diversity in the batch, differential weightage, as shown below, shall be applied to different disciplines:
- Engineering / Technology: 0.5
- Science/Arts / Medicine (including Pharmacy) /Commerce / Economics / Management and other disciplines: 1.0.
7.Professional Qualification: 2 percent weightage (Pass in the final examinations of CA / ICWA/ CS)
8.Gender Diversity: 5 percent weightage for female candidates
Other IIM’s Selection Criteria
Official Website: iimtrichy.ac.in
- Insofar, Only Admission Criteria of IIM Trichy has been released. Rest of the information is as per the last year details. As soon as the conducting body releases the rest of the information the same will be updated here.
- IIMs Selection Criteria