IIM Calcutta Selection Criteria 2023 will be released soon by IIM A. The selection criteria of IIM Calcutta tells the CAT cut off, weightages, and other aspects of IIM Calcutta admission 2023. Students who wish to get admission in IIM Calcutta can check the complete IIM Calcutta selection criteria here before participating in IIM Calcutta admission 2023-24.
IIM Calcutta MBA Admission 2023
The selection criteria of IIM Calcutta 2023 will be out soon.
In the meantime you can check last year’s selection criteria.
IIM Calcutta selection criteria of last year was as follows.
For the admission session 2022-2024, there are 2 major changes in the selection criteria of IIM Calcutta.
- The minimum score needed in graduation to get a point in final selection of IIM C is 50%, and 45% in case of SC, ST and PWD.
- The minimum work experience needed to get a point in final selection of IIM C is 12 months, earlier it was 6 months.
- The points in finl election will not be included for graduation in 2022-24 session.
IIM Calcutta MBA Admission 2022 Eligibility Criteria
Apart from the fact that the students need to qualify the selection process, they need to follow a certain eligibility criteria beforehand. The same is given in the sections below:
Ther are 3 stages of the selection process, and let us see for each stage what is the eligibility:
Eligibility to appear for CAT 2021
- To appear in CAT, the candidates must be a graduate from any stream
- Minimum marks in UG is 50%.
- There is no age limit
Eligibility for WAT+PI rounds at IIM C
- The students who qualify the CAT 2021 cutoff marks of IIM C for admission are called for WAT+PI.
- The students must have atleast 50% marks in gardauation to be eligible for admission at IIM C. 45% in case of the candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Persons with Disability (PWD) categories.
Below is the CAT cutoff marks for IIM Calcutta Admission 2022:
|Category||QA||Section – II |
|OPEN||≥ 75||≥ 80||≥ 80||≥ 85|
|NC-OBC||≥ 65||≥ 65||≥ 70||≥ 75|
|EWS||≥ 65||≥ 65||≥ 70||≥ 75|
|SC||≥ 60||≥ 60||≥ 65||≥ 70|
|ST||≥ 55||≥ 55||≥ 55||≥ 65|
|PWD||≥ 45||≥ 45||≥ 45||≥ 55|
Eligibility for Final Admission at IIM Calcutta
- The students are called for the final admission based on their combined score of CAT, WAT+PI, Previous education, and work experience.
Method of Calculation of Scores for IIM C MBA Final Admission List 2022
The candidates can check in this section, how their scores of class 12, class 10, UG and previous work experiences calculated. Basically, the drill is that, the students are given points based on the category or group they fall into. The category and the points corresponding to it is given in the table below:
Points for Class 10 and Class 12 marks:
|Class 10 Marks (in %)||Points||Class 12 Marks (in %)||Points|
|≥ 75 and < 80||8||≥ 75 and < 80||12|
|≥ 70 and < 75||6||≥ 70 and < 75||9|
|≥ 65 and < 70||4||≥ 65 and < 70||6|
|≥ 60 and < 65||2||≥ 60 and < 65||3|
|< 60||0||< 60||0|
Points for Bachelor’s Degree marks:
|Bachelor’s Degree Marks (in %)||Points|
|≥ 55 and < 60||10.00|
|≥ 50 and < 55||05.00|
Points for Work Experience in completed months:
|12 to 18||2|
|19 to 24||4|
|25 to 30||6|
|31 to 36||8|
|37 to 42||6|
|43 to 48||4|
IIM Calcutta MBA Admission 2022 Final Selection List
The final selection list for admission is based on the scores of the candidates in the following areas:
- Marks in CAT 2021
- Marks in 10+2
- Marks in Graduation
- Previous Work Experience
- Gender Diversity Factor
As per the total points of the candidates, which is out of 100 the final merit list for admission is prepared. The students who are then called for the admission formalities. The weightage of each of the above-mentioned fields are as follows:
|CAT 2020 Score||56 (A/B) x 56*|
|Class 10 marks||10|
|Class 12 marks||15|
|Bachelor’s Degree marks||15|
|Gender Diversity Factor||4|
* A = Candidate’s Total CAT 2021 score, B = Maximum CAT 2021 Score
CAT is the only gateway for IIM Admissions in the nation. Well, after qualifying CAT the students have to appear in various selection process of the IIMs, but qualifying CAT is the mandatory first step. Thus, here is all you need to know about CAT.
|Name of the exam||Common Admission Test (CAT)|
|Sections||VARC: Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension|
DILR: Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning
QA: Quantitative Ability
|Type of questions||MCQs: Multiple choice type|
TITA: Type in the answers type questions
|Marking scheme||+3 for each correct answers and -1 for each wrong answers|
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.