|Manipal University||Apply Now for MU OET|
|SRM University||Apply Now for SRMJEEE|
|JEE Main 2018 Exam Date, Eligibility, Exam Pattern.||Get All Details Here|
IIM Shillong Shortlist / Admission Status 2017-2019
IIM Shillong released the shortlist of candidates and made available online application form after declaration of CAT Result. The two-year Post-graduate Programme in Management (PGP) is a full-time residential course for graduates from all disciplines wishing to choose a career in management. Shortlisted candidates are called for further stages of selection involving Writing Skills Assessment Test (WSAT) and Personal Interview (PI).
IIM Shillong PGP (2017-19) Admission Process
After CAT 2016, the candidates for admission to PGP (2017-19) batch will be selected in two phases. In the first phase, a short list of candidates would be declared for the Group Discussion (GD) and Personal Interview (PI).In the second phase a final merit list will be prepared based on which admission to the PGP (2017-19) batch will be offered. The process in each of these phases is described in the following sections.
Phase 1: Short listing for GD and PI
A. All candidates who have opted (as per the CAT application) for IIM Shillong PGP 2017-19 are eligible for consideration in Phase 1. For consideration in short listing the minimum requirements of marks in various examination/test, for candidates in different categories, will be as given in Table.
Based on the performance specifications as given in Table 1, we shall obtain the number of candidates who would be considered for short-listing.
We use the following notations to explain various candidates considered for short listing.
B. The candidates obtained following A will then be segregated as per their academic disciplines in graduation and as reported in CAT 2016 data. The notations used for academic disciplines are,
C. From each Academic discipline a certain percentage () of candidates would be shortlisted for GD and PI.
D. The candidates resulted through Step A in respective Categories i.e. , , , will be segregated into various sub-groups based on their academic discipline as per their bachelor’s discipline as reported in CAT data. Therefore, the sub-groups resulted would be as shown in Table 3:
E. The candidates in a given category and academic discipline would then be ranked. For example, candidates in category DA and academic discipline 1 would be ranked1, 2, 3, …, 1/) in the decreasing order of their CAT overall percentile.
F. Number of candidates shortlisted for GD and PI.
Phase 2: Merit Listing for Admission Offer to PGP 2017-19 Batch
Scores of GD and PI will be used along with overall CAT performance for preparation of the final merit list for admission offer.
x: Score in GD,
y: Score in PI.
z: Overall CAT Absolute Score
However, there will be different cutoff scores for candidate’s performance obtained in PI in various categories as shown in Table 5. The cut off score will be used to prepare a list of candidates eligible for preparation of merit list for admission offer.
The candidates will be ranked based on the decreasing order of the scores. The admission offers will be made to the candidates in order of their rank based on the scores.
The Institute abides by the reservation policy as per the Government of India provisions as applicable on RGIIM Shillong.
- The criteria for selection process as discussed in the document are decided based on the pattern and performance trends of the past years’ CAT data of candidates, who had applied to this Institute. In case, there is a considerable change in the performance and profile of the candidates in CAT 2016 applying to the Institute, the Institute reserves the right to change and/or modify the aforesaid criteria.
- For a candidate who has completed CA/ICWA/CS without having a bachelor’s degree, the ‘the bachelor degree marks’ would be the percentage marks he obtained in the final examination in CA/ICWA/CS.
- For bachelor’s degree, the percentage of marks awarded by the institute/university will be treated as final. If any board/institute/university awards only letter grades without providing an equivalent percentage of marks on the grade sheet, the candidate should obtain a certificate from the board / institute / university specifying the equivalent marks which should be used for filling the online CAT application form. The original equivalence certificate needs to be submitted at the time of interview, if shortlisted for the same.
- For candidates yet to complete the bachelor degree, after 12th/HSC, the percentage of marks obtained for the years/semesters completed, as entered in the online CAT application form, will be projected to obtain the percentage in bachelor degree.
- For candidates having undergone/completed an integrated Master’s degree or Dual degree, after 12th/HSC, the percentage of marks obtained, as per your University/Institute norms, will be considered as equivalent to marks in Bachelor Degree. For those undergoing (yet to complete) an integrated Master’s degree or Dual degree, after 12th/HSC, the percentage of marks obtained for the years/semesters completed as entered in the online CAT application form will be used to project marks in bachelor degree.
- Please note that IIM Shillong short-lists of candidates for GD& PI are independent of those of other IIMs. Hence it is possible to observe variations in the lists of candidates short-listed by different IIMs.
- Short-listed candidates would be intimated through IIMS website (www.iimshillong.in), e-mail (as provided in CAT Application form) and by SMS, tentatively by the second week of January 2017 after the CAT results are published. Shortlisted candidates are required to fill-in the Interview form and upload the same on IIMS website (www.iimshillong.in). IIM Shillong would send GD& PI call letters/interview letters to those shortlisted candidates who correctly fill in the Interview form within the stipulated time. No communication would be sent to applicants who are not short-listed for GD& PI.
- Candidates, who appear in GD& PI will be able to view whether they have been offered admission by IIMS, tentatively by the third or fourth week of April 2017 by visiting the IIM Shillong website. Admission offer letter would be sent to all successful candidates. Candidates, who are offered admission, need to confirm their acceptance by completing all the required formalities within the stipulated time. Some candidates may also be placed on the waiting list initially. Offers to candidates on the waiting list would depend upon the number of successful candidates accepting the offer made by IIM Shillong.
- Any dispute concerning Admissions to PGP (2017-19) would be subject to jurisdiction of the competent courts only.
Click Here for official notification.