IIM Shillong will release the shortlist the candidates on the basis of CAT 2017 score for Phase – I of the selection process for admission into the two-year Post-graduate Programme in Management (PGP) course for graduates. Shortlisted candidates will be called for further stages of selection involving Writing Skills Assessment Test (WSAT) and Personal Interview (PI). Admission to PGP 2018-20 batch will be in two phases. In Phase 1, candidates will be shortlisted for Group Discussion (GD) and Personal Interview (PI). In Phase 2, a final merit list will be prepared for offer of admission to PGP 2018-20 batch.
IIM Shillong Shortlist / Admission Status 2018-2020
After CAT 2017, Admission to PGP 2018-20 batch will be in two phases. In Phase 1, candidates will be shortlisted for Group Discussion (GD) and Personal Interview (PI). In Phase 2, a final merit list will be prepared for the offer of admission to PGP 2018-20 batch.
Those candidates who qualify the CAT exam the will able to participate in the admission process. The process in each of these phases is described in the following sections.
Phase 1: Shortlisting for GD and PI
A. All candidates who have opted (as per the CAT 2017 application) for IIM Shillong PGP 2018-20 batch are eligible for consideration in Phase 1. The minimum requirement of marks for consideration in different categories of the candidates in various examination/test is given in Table.B. The candidates obtained following A, will be then segregated as per their academic disciplines in graduation as reported in CAT 2017.
C. From each Academic discipline, a certain percentage of candidates would be shortlisted for GD and PI.
D. The candidates resulted through Step A in respective Categories will be segregated into various sub-groups based on their academic discipline as per their bachelor’s discipline as reported in CAT data.
E. Based on CAT 2017, the Institute will decide to shortlist a total of X candidates for GD and PI. X will be decided based on the overall performance of the candidates in CAT 2017, the number of seats available, buffer for possible overlap and attendance trends in the past, etc.
F. The candidates in a given category, academic discipline and gender would be ranked based on decreasing order of their CAT overall percentile.
Phase 2: Merit Listing for Admission Offer to PGP 2018-20 Batch
Scores of GD and PI will be used along with overall CAT performance for preparation of the final merit list for admission offer.
However, there will be different cutoff scores for candidate’s performance obtained in PI in various categories. The cut off score will be used to prepare a list of candidates eligible for preparation of merit list for admission offer.
The candidates will be ranked based on the decreasing order of the scores. The admission offers will be made to the candidates in order of their rank based on the scores.
The Institute abides by the reservation policy as per the Government of India provisions as applicable on RGIIM Shillong.
- The criteria for selection process as discussed in the document are decided based on the pattern and performance trends of the past years’ CAT data of candidates, who had applied to this Institute. In case, there is a considerable change in the performance and profile of the candidates in CAT 2017 applying to the Institute, the Institute reserves the right to change and/or modify the aforesaid criteria.
- All the candidates who are given admission to PGP 2018-2020 batch are required to complete their graduation by 31st December 2018.
- Please note that IIM Shillong short-lists of candidates for GD& PI are independent of those of other IIMs. Hence it is possible to observe variations in the lists of candidates short-listed by different IIMs.
- Short-listed candidates would be intimated through IIMS website (www.iimshillong.ac.in), e-mail (as provided in CAT Application form) and by SMS. Shortlisted candidates are required to fill-in the Interview form and upload the same on IIMS website (www.iimshillong.ac.in). IIM Shillong would send GD& PI call letters/interview letters to those shortlisted candidates who correctly fill in the Interview form within the stipulated time. No communication would be sent to applicants who are not short-listed for GD& PI.
- Candidates are advised to keep visiting IIM Shillong website (www.iimshillong.ac.in) for an update.
- Candidates, who appear in GD& PI will be able to view whether they have been offered admission by IIMS, tentatively by the fourth week of April 2018 by visiting the IIM Shillong website.
- Any dispute concerning Admissions to PGP (2018-20) would be subject to the jurisdiction of the competent courts within the territorial jurisdiction of Shillong.
For more information about IIM Shillong 2018-20 admission, download notification.