|Manipal University||Apply Now for MU OET|
|SRM University||Apply Now for SRMJEEE|
|JEE Main 2018 Exam Date, Eligibility, Exam Pattern.||Get All Details Here|
IIM Sirmaur has announced the selection criteria for admission 2017-2019 batch. Candidates need to clear a minimum CAT cut off to be eligible for IIM Sirmaur Admission 2017.On the basis of this, candidates will be called for WAT and PI. Weightage will be given to factors such as class Xth and XIIth marks, work experience, and diversity factor. Know the IIM Sirmaur selection criteria admission PGP 2017-19 batch given here.
IIM Sirmaur Admission Procedure 2017-19
Stage 1: Generation of merit list for PGP programme, meeting the (Government of India) norms on reservation.
The following cutoffs shown in Table 1 will be used for selecting the eligible candidates.
|Sec. 1 (VRC)||Sec. 2 (DI+LR)||Sec. 3 (QA)||Total|
Stage 2: Generation of merit list for final selection Only the Candidates securing the above mentioned minimum percentile in each category in CAT 2016 will be considered for calculation of their composite score in Stage 2 on the basis of the factors as described in Table 2. Candidates will be offered admission in the order of the merit list based on this composite score.
Academic disciplines eligible for diversity factor marks for PGP
- Arts/Humanities:: Anthropology, Archaeology, Education, Fine Arts (Dance, Music, Painting), Geography, History, Journalism, Languages, Library Science, Literature, Philosophy, Political Science, Psychology, Public Administration, Social Work/Welfare, Sociology.
- Commerce/Economics:: Accountancy, Auditing, Banking, Business Mathematics, Business Administration, Business Organization, Commerce, Economics, Economic Development and Planning, Public Administration, Public Finance, Secretarial Practices.
- Chartered Accountancy, Cost and Works Accountancy, Company Secretaryship
- Computer Application
- Education (including Physical Education and Sports)
- Sciences: Biology, Chemistry, Maths, Physics, Statistics
Final discretion on the academic category that an academic program will be classified into rests with the Admissions Committee of IIM Lucknow.
As of now admission criteria has been released by IIM Sirmaur. Further admission process will released by department later, in meantime candidates can refer below details as reference.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs 2016)
1. When is IIM Sirmaur, Himachal Pradesh starting its academic session?
Admissions offers are likely to be made starting from last week of May 2017.
2. Why is IIM Sirmaur, Himachal Pradesh asking applied candidates to confirm their interest for admission to PGP?
In CAT-2014, when candidates applied, they had expressed their interest in “IIM in Himachal Pradesh”. Now, the location is known to be Sirmaur. Further, during the time that has passed, many applicants may have already confirmed other options for admissions. Given the relatively short time available for IIM Sirmaur, Himachal Pradesh admissions, the institute would not like to spend time on people who are no longer interested in IIM Sirmaur, Himachal Pradesh.
3. If I confirm my interest in IIM Sirmaur, Himachal Pradesh, does it affect my position in other IIMs?
No. The admission offers in each IIM are independent of others and therefore accepting or rejecting an offer from any other IIM will not affect your chances in IIM Sirmaur, Himachal Pradesh, or vice versa.
4. What are the fees for PGP at IIM Sirmaur, Himachal Pradesh?
The tuition fees for IIM Sirmaur, Himachal Pradesh is going to be around Rs. 9 lakhs+ deposits for two years. Exact amount and details of breakup will be given in the admission offer. Leading banks routinely offer educational loans at concessional terms as per Govt. of India guidelines for all IIMs including IIM Sirmaur, Himachal Pradesh.
5. How long will IIML mentor IIM Sirmaur, Himachal Pradesh?
IIM Lucknow has in the past successfully mentored IIM Rohtak and Kashipur and would be providing similar support to IIM Sirmaur till the time IIM Sirmaur, Himachal Pradesh is able to handle these activities entirely on its own.
6. Who will be teaching at IIM Sirmaur, Himachal Pradesh? Has it recruited good faculty members?
Recruiting full-time faculty is a fairly long process. During the mentorship period and while IIM Sirmaur’s own faculty are recruited, faculty members from IIM Lucknow will be delivering courses at IIM Sirmaur, Himachal Pradesh. This may include a few visiting faculty selected by IIM Lucknow to meet their exacting standards. The overall design, quality and delivery of PGP will be to the standards and with direct involvement of IIM Lucknow.
7. How much do I have to pay while confirming my admission?
The amount is not likely to exceed Rs. 50,000. This amount will be balanced against payment of tuition fees in the future. Of this only Rs 1000 will be retained as pre GOI guidelines if the person does not actually join the institute. Details of exact amount and mode of payment will be sent with the offer of admission.
8. Student facilities:
The Post Graduate Programme in Management at IIM Sirmaur is a fully residential programme and each student would be required to stay in the rooms in the hostel provided at IIM Sirmaur.
The temporary campus of IIM Sirmaur will be at Himachal Institute of
Technology, Near Dental College, Rampur Ghat Road, Paonta Sahib, Distt
Sirmaur, H.P – 173025. The temporary campus consists of the academic block (i.e. class rooms, library and computer centre), administrative block (i.e. offices) and the residential block (i.e. hostels)
Initially all students would be provided with double occupancy rooms with basic furnishings (i.e. a bed, a wardrobe and electrical fittings). The student mess inside the campus would cater to meal requirements of the students.
9. How to reach Paonta Sahib (IIM Sirmaur Temporary Campus)
By Air :
From Dehradun, Uttrakhand – The airport at Jolly Grant is the nearest airport; located about 70 km from Paonta Sahib.
From Shimla, Himachal Pradesh – The Jubbarhatti Airport at Shimla is situated about 170 km from Paonta Sahib.
From Chandigarh – The Chandigarh International Airport at Chandigarh is situated about 112 km. From Paonta Sahib.
From the airport, taxis and buses are available to reach Paonta Sahib.
Jagadhri – 47 Km
Dehradun – 52.5 Km
Yamuna Nagar – 56 Km
Ambala Cantt – 105 KM
Chandigarh – 109 KM
From the railway station, taxis and buses are available to reach Paonta Sahib.