IIM Kashipur Selection Criteria for Admission 2019-2021 – IIM Kashipur has announced the admission policy and selection criteria 2019. Like other IIMs, Kashipur too will select students based on a rigorous admission procedure. The first step towards getting admission in the premier B School is to appear and score high on thendian Institute of Management Kashi CAT 2018 exam. Based on a minimum CAT cut-off defined by the institute, candidates will be shortlisted for the next stage. A written ability test and personal interview will be conducted for the shortlisted students. Merit list will then be generated based on various components of the IIM Kashipur Selection Criteria for Admission 2019-2021. Candidates who appear in CAT and apply for IIM Kashipur 2019 admission can know the process explained here.
IIM Kashipur Selection Criteria for Admission 2019-2021
This document elaborates the admission criteria that have been developed at Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Kashipur for identifying the right candidates for admission to its Post Graduate Programme (PGP) in Management.
The process that is being adopted for selecting the students for PGP at IIM Kashipur for the academic year 2019-21 involves two stages:
- Stage 1 applies to all eligible candidates who have appeared for Common Admission Test (CAT – 2018) and have applied for admission to IIM Kashipur.
- Stage 2 applies to shortlisted candidates from Stage 1.
Sufficient numbers of candidates belonging to different categories are shortlisted in Stage 1 for meeting the Government of India norms on the reservatioSWER Kn.
Stage 1: Shortlisting of candidates for Written Ability Test and Personal Interview (WAT and PI).
Minimum Cut-offs to be used for selecting eligible candidates for Personal Appearance (WAT & PI) Process.
|Category||Quantitative Aptitude||Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning||Verbal & Reading Comprehension||Total (Overall)|
IIM Kashipur Admission Committee will decide the number of candidates who would be called for WAT & PI process on the basis of criteria prepared for each category. However, if the actual number of short-listed candidates were found to be less (more) than the required number of candidates to be called for WAT & PI category-wise, then the overall, as well as the section-wise minimum score, would be reduced (increased) to get the desired number of candidates.
The 11 IIMs (IIM Amritsar, IIM Bodhgaya, IIM Jammu, IIM Kashipur, IIM Raipur, IIM Ranchi, IIM Rohtak, IIM Sambalpur, IIM Sirmaur, IIM Trichy and IIM Udaipur) have decided to adopt a common process of WAT & PI to be coordinated this year by IIM Rohtak.
Stage 2: Generation of Merit List
Stage 2a: Personal Appearance (WAT & PI) Process
The following weights will be assigned to the Personal Appearance (WAT & PI) process as shown in Table below.
|Written Ability Test (WAT)||10|
|Personal Interview (PI)||20|
|WAT & PI Total (2a)||30|
Stage 2b The following weights will be assigned to various components for generating merit list
Table 3: Weights assigned to various components for generating Merit List
|Academic Discipline for PGP Programme|
|1||Arts/Humanities: Archaeology, Education, Fine Arts (Dance, Music, Painting), Geography, History, Journalism, Languages, Library Science, Literature, Philosophy, Political Science, Psychology, Public Administration, Social Work/Welfare, Sociology, etc.|
|2||Science: Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Statistics, Biology, Zoology, etc|
|3||Commerce/Economics: Accountancy, Auditing, Banking, Business Mathematics, Business Organization, Economics, Economic Development and Planning, Public Administration, Public Finance, Secretarial Practices etc.|
|5||Physical Education and Sports|
Stage 3: Generation of Final Admission offer List
Grand Total (C) = WAT & PI Total (2a) + Shortlist Total (2b).
The Grand Total (C) will be used to rank students according to their merit.t.
IIM Kashipur will follow the Government of India policy on reservations for Schedule Caste (SC), Schedule Tribes (ST), Non-Creamy Other Backward Class (NC-OBC) and PWD (Person with Disability).
Indian and foreign nationals living, working or studying outside India for a period of 18 months (continuous stay overseas).
- In order to be eligible to apply for Post Graduate Programme in Management (PGP), a candidate must have at least a Bachelor’s degree with at least 50% marks awarded by any of the Universities.
- The equivalence of the foreign degree needs to be certified by the Association of Indian Universities.
- Candidates appearing for the final year of bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification examination and those who have completed degree requirements and are awaiting results can also apply. If selected, such candidates will be allowed to join the programme provisionally, only if he/she submits a certificate at the time of joining
How to Apply
Overseas candidates seeking admission to the two year residential Post Graduate Programme in Management (PGP) should have a valid GMAT score valid for 2018 and apply in the prescribed form available on our website (www.iimkashipur.ac.in). The completed Application Form and Recommendation Letter should be sent to IIM Kashipur along with the following:
- Arrange to send copy of the latest GMAT score certificate (valid for 2018), to IIM Kashipur.
- Self-attested copy of all academic mark-sheets/certificates (Class X, XII & Graduation etc.).
- Three letters of references from the employers or relevant faculties from the organization or institutions where the candidate has worked or studied (at least one of the letters should be from the last institution attended).
- Copy of all Passport pages having official entries.
- Admission opens on January 1, 2018 and closes on May 15, 2018, communication to the shortlisted applicants will be made on June 10, 2018.
Following are the selection criteria
- CAT/GMAT score (30% weight for the score exceeding the minimum required).
- Work Experience (WE) score (20% weight).
- Score for Past Academic Performance (PAP) (20% weight)
- Scores of any other component including remote interviews over telephone / video conferencing as may be decided by the Institute (30% weight).
- Those shortlisted applicants who will be present in India any time during June 27, 2018, to June 30, 2018, may be required to undergo personal interviews at IIM Kashipur.
- Candidates applying using their GMAT scores should be in the top 15 percentile bracket with a minimum score of 670 (GMAT scores valid for 2018).
- Those who apply using CAT 2018 score should be at least in the top 15 percentile bracket.
Number of Seats: For 2019-21 batch the seats are limited to 12.
Fee Structure: The total fee payable by an overseas applicant (including lodging, but excluding food charges) is US$20000 per year. Food charges as per actuals similar to Indian students.
Offer Acceptance Fee & Withdrawal
An overseas candidate receiving admission offer from IIM Kashipur and accepting the offer within the stipulated date and time needs to send Offer Acceptance and an Offer Acceptance fee of US$3000 or equivalent rupee amount. A candidate can subsequently withdraw the admission within the withdrawal date and time specified in the admission offer letter. In this case, offer acceptance fee will be refunded after deducting 20% as processing charges. If a candidate registers for the programme, his/her offer acceptance fee will be adjusted against Term I Fee. In the event of withdrawal from the Programme after registration, NO refund of offer acceptance fee or Term Fee will be made.
Other IIM’s Selection Criteria
Insofar, Official details for IIM Kashipur has not been announced yet. Information on this page is based on last year information brochure and for reference purpose only. As soon as IIM will release the official details, information will be updated here.