IIM Bangalore Selection Criteria 2020 – IIM Bangalore has declared the selection criteria for Post Graduate Programme in Management (PGP) for 2020-22 batch. The process includes 2 phases. The first phase is the selection of the candidates based on CAT 2019 percentile score, class 10 & 12 marks, work experience and diversity factors for PI and WAT. Phase 2 is offering of final admission to the candidates based on PI and WAT scores, CAT scores, 10th board marks,12th board marks, bachelor marks, and work experience. To know the complete selection process and the CAT 2019 cutoff for IIM Bangalore selection criteria 2020 read below.
IIM Bangalore Selection Criteria 2020
The selection process of IIM Bangalore, takes into consideration the following while offering the final admission to the candidates:
- PI and WAT scores
- CAT scores
- 10th board marks
- 12th board marks
- bachelors marks
- work experience
IIM Bangalore Selection Criteria 2020 – Phase 1
- Chitkara University AdmissionChitkara University Admission Apply Now!!
- Sharda University Application (Scholarship upto 100%)SUAT 2020 Application Apply Now!!
- GD Goenka University ApplicationGD Goenka University Application Apply Now!!
- Birla Global University ApplicationBirla Global University Application Apply Now!!
The phase 1 includes selection based on the criteria given below:
Shortlisting of students based CAT 2019 scores for PI and WAT:
The minimum score of CAT 2019 needed to be considered for PI and WAT are:
Class 10 and 12 scores: The candidates who are selected on the basis of CAT 2019, are further selected based on their class 10 and class 12 scores:
Work Experience: Next the candidates are selected based on their work experience. The formula applied for this is:
Pre PIscore for Work Experience = 8x/36 if 0 < x < 36
= 8 if x >= 36
The candidates have to produce the below-given information to prove their work experience:
- Letter from each of the employers that the candidate claims to have worked with.
- A brief write up of the responsibilities held by the candidate in each of the positions in each of the organisations.
- In case the employer had opened a provident fund (PF) account during the period of employment the candidate should provide the PF registration number.
- The name and designation of official to whom the candidate reported at the time of their employment
Shortlisting weightage for PI and WAT:
The candidates are called for PI and WAT based on the below given weightage to each of the criteria-
|Class 10 score||20|
|Class 12 score||10|
IIM Bangalore Selection Criteria 2020 – Phase 2
Personal Interview and Written Ability Test is conducted. In WAT, candidates are scored in terms of the content and style of the written piece. In the interview, the candidates are evaluated for candidate’s motivation and ability to fit into the course of PGP.
The Final admission is offered to the candidates who score high as per the weightage of the following:
|Class 10 score||10|
|Class 12 score||5|
About IIM Bangalore
IIMB is an Institute of National Importance. The institute is home to 104 full time faculty members, and about 1200 students across various courses offered at the institute. The courses offered at the institute includes Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.), the Master of Management Studies (Public Policy), the Master of Business Administration – one-year fulltime, the Master of Business Administration – two years (weekend), the Master of Business Administration – two years fulltime, and the Master of Business Administration (Business Analytics) – two years fulltime.
Other IIM’s Selection Criteria
For more details on IIM Bangalore 2020 PGP selection criteria – Click here
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.