Karnataka PGCET 2021 – Karnataka Examination Authority has opened the facility to edit the Karnataka PGCET 2021 application form. Candidates can edit the application form online at the official website, cetonline.karnataka.gov.in. Karnataka PGCET 2021 exam date has been revised and the exam will be held on November 13 and 14, 2021. Karnataka Post Graduate Common Entrance Examination (PGCET) 2021 will be conducted by the Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA). Through this exam, candidates are eligible for admission to full-time/part-time MBA /MCA /M.E./ M.Tech / M.Arch Courses. For more details about Karnataka PGCET 2021 refer to this article.
Latest – Karnataka PGCET 2021 Application form correction has been available now. Click here to access the link
Karnataka PGCET 2021
Candidates whose names will be in the merit list will only be called for counseling. Candidates can check all the important dates of Karnataka PGCET 2021 from the table mentioned bel0w:
|Commencement of Entry of Application Online||03 Sep 2021 after 11:00 am|
|Last Date of Entry of Application details Online||17 Sep 2021 to 5:30 pm|
|Last date for payment of application fee||12 Oct 2021 up to 5:00 pm|
|Date of Entrance Exam for M.E. / M. Tech / M. Arch|
|Date of Entrance Exam for MCA and MBA|
Karnataka PGCET 2021 Overview
|Name of the Examination||Karnataka Post Graduate Common Entrance Test|
|Commonly known as||Karnataka PGCET|
|Conducting body||Karnataka Examinations Authority (KEA)|
|Mode of Application||Online mode|
- Application Form
- Eligibility Clause Code
- Admit Card
- Answer Keys
- Merit List
- Seat Allotment Result
Karnataka PGCET 2021 Application Form
Candidates are advised to follow the procedure of filing the Karnantaka PGCET 2021. Candidates must read the eligibility criteria before filling application form. Each column of application form should be filled properly. Application form discussed below.
Candidates can check the application fee according to the different categories mentioned in the table given below.
|General Category / OBC of Karnataka||Rs.650|
|SC / ST of Karnataka||Rs.500|
Mode of Payment: Candidates have to pay the Application Fee to any specified bank mentioned on the official website.
How to Apply?
These are the following steps that should be followed by candidates during filling the application form.
Step 1: Click on the link of the official website mentioned in the page.
Step 2: Click on the New Registration option. Fill in all the required details and click on Register.
Step 3: Login credentials will be sent to your registered email ID and mobile number. Login with the help of the credentials and fill the required details in the application form.
Step 4: Upload the scanned image of your signature and left hand thumb impression.
Step 5: After filling all the details in the application form, a payment gateway will open through which you have to pay the application fee.
Step 6: Take a print out of the application form for future reference.
How to Apply – Click here to check the complete steps of filling Karnataka PGCET Application Form 2021.
Karnataka PGCET 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates should be well aware of the eligibility criteria for the entrance exam. Given below is the eligibility criteria of PGCET 2021.
MBA (Full Time):
- A candidate with Bachelor’s degree of minimum 3 year duration examination or any equivalent examination with an aggregate of at least 50% marks taken together in all the subjects in all the years of the degree examination are eligible for admission to MBA courses. (45% of marks in Q. E. in case of SC, ST and Category-I of Karnataka candidates)
For Admission to part time MBA courses
- A candidate who has passed Bachelor’s Degree of at least 3 years duration examination or an equivalent examination with an aggregate of at least 50% marks taken together in all the subjects including languages in all the years of the Degree Examination is eligible for admission to MBA courses (45% of marks in Q. E. in case of SC, ST and Category-I of Karnataka candidates).
- The candidate after obtaining the degree, must have worked for not less than three years as on 31st July 2021, in an establishment and must be working in an organization situated within a radial distance of 40 km from the institution in which the candidate seeks admission.
For admission to MCA
- Candidates need a recognized BCA/ Bachelor Degree in Computer Science Engineering or equivalent. OR One must have passed B.Sc/ B.Com/ BA with Mathematics at 10 + 2 level or at Graduation level.
- A minimum of 50% aggregate marks (45% for SC/ST/ Category-1 candidates of Karnataka) is required in qualifying degree to be eligible for Karnataka PGCET 2021.
For admission to M.E. / M.Tech / M.Arch Course (Full Time):
- A candidate with valid GATE score will be considered for admission. A candidate who has passed qualifying examination or equivalent examination as prescribed by the Competent Authority and obtained an aggregate minimum of 50% marks taken together in all the subjects of all the years / semesters of the Degree Examination is eligible for admission to M.E. / M.Tech / M.Arch courses (45% of marks in Q. E. in case of SC, ST and Category-I candidates. (Reservation is applicable only for Karnataka Candidates).
For admission to M.E. / M.Tech / M.Arch Course (Part-Time):
- A candidate who has passed the qualifying examination or equivalent examination as prescribed by the Competent Authority with an aggregate of 50% marks taken together in all the subjects of all the years / semesters of the Degree Examination is eligible for admission to M.E. / M.Tech / M.Arch courses (45% of marks in Q. E. in case of SC, ST and Category-I Karnataka candidates) (Reservation is applicable only for Karnataka Candidates).
- The candidate after completing his/her degree should have worked for not less than three years in an establishment and must be working in an organization situated within a radial distance of 40 km from the institution in which the candidate seeks admission. However, the employer has to fill up the NOC duly signed by the competent authority.
Karnataka PGCET 2021 Admit Card
The admit card for the entrance examination will be released on the official website mentioned on the page. Candidates can download their admit cards by entering their login credentials. Along with the printed copy of the admit card, candidates are advised to carry a valid ID Proof on the day of the entrance exam. Without the admit card, candidate will not be allowed to appear in the exam.The admit card consists of the following details.
- Name of the candidate
- Date of Birth
- Father’s Name
- Address of the test center
- Residential address
- Phone Number
Karnataka PGCET 2021 Syllabus
Given below is the syllabus of the entrance examination according to different courses. Candidates can check the syllabus given below.
- Proficiency in the English Language
- General Knowledge :
- Test of Reasoning and General Intelligence
- Quantitative Analysis
- Analytical Ability and Logical Reasoning
- General English
- Computer Awareness
Karnataka PGCET 2021 Bell Timing
Candidates can check the time table for Karnataka PGCET 2021 Bell Timing. Candidates must follow this schedule to report in the examination hall.
For Karnataka PGCET Timing 2021
Karnataka PGCET 2021 Exam Pattern
Candidates can check the pattern of the exam given below.
- Total Marks: 100
- Total Duration : 150 minutes
- Types of questions: Multiple choice questions
- Marking Scheme: Each question will carry 1 marks. The question paper will be in four different versions.
- Total Marks: 100
- Total Duration : 150 minutes
- Type of questions: Multiple choice questions
- Part A- The Part A will be comprising of 60 questions which will carry 1 mark each.
- Part B- The Part B will have 20 questions which will be of 2 marks each.
- Total Questions: 80
- Total Marks: 100
Exam pattern for courses offered by Department of Postgraduate Studies and Research in Mathematics and Computer Science of Kuvempu University and Department of Studies in Computer Science, University of Mysore
- Total questions= 75
- 50 x 1=50
- 25 x 2= 50
- Type of questions= MCQs
- Total marks= 100
For programmes offered in VTU / UBDTCE and UVCE
(i) Exam Pattern For M.E. / M.Tech / M.Arch programs of VTU / UBDTCE and UVCE which offers Civil Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Computer Science Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Textile Engineering, Polymer Science, Architecture and Biotechnology
- Total questions- 75
- 50 x 1=50
- 25 x 2= 50
- Type of questions- MCQs
- Total marks- 100
(ii) For Electrical Science/ Mechanical Science program in VTU / UBDTCE and UVCE
This part is further divided into 2 parts namely Type A and Type B
Type A- is common to all branches of Electrical and Mechanical Science carrying the following exam pattern while Part B is specific to your course
Exam Mode : Pen- Paper based
Types of Questions : Multiple choice questions
|Course||Type A||Type B|
|Total questions||45 questions
30 questions x 1mark= 30 marks
15 questions x 2 mark= 30 marks
20 questions x 1 mark= 20 marks
10 questions x 2 marks= 20 marks
VTU / UBDTCE and UVCE offers specialization in:
|Electrical Science||Mechanical Science|
Karnataka PGCET 2021 Result
The Result for Karnataka PGCET 2021 Result will be announced via online mode at cetonline.karnataka.gov.in. Karnataka PGCET 2021 Result will be declared at the candidate’s login which means that candidates are required to enter their PGCET number. Also, the candidates must keep in mind that the result is not going to be displayed at KEA premises.
The result will be declared in the form of merit list and candidates can check their ranks and total marks obtained from it. After the announcement of the result, the qualified candidates are required to appear for the counselling.
Karnataka PGCET 2021 Counselling
The notification of counseling will release on the official website mentioned in the page. Counseling will be done online on the basis of the merit list. If a candidate does not appear in the Counselling Process, then his / her seat will be cancelled . Candidates are advised to bring the following documents on the day of the counseling.
- Class 10th marksheet
- Class 12th marksheet
- Certificate of one of the parent who had studied for at least 7 years in Karnataka.
Official Website: kea.kar.nic.in
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.