Karnataka PGCET 2017 Application Form has been released by Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA). The forms are provided through the online portal which has been activated on the official website of the KPGCET 2017, kea.kar.nic.in. Only those candidates can apply for the exam, who satisfy the eligibility criteria. The candidates can check how to apply for Karnataka PGCET 2017, fee details, course details, registration date and more information from here.
Latest on 09 Jun 2017: – Facility to make changes in Application is available now. Check the link below.
Salient Features of Karnataka PGCET 2017 Application Form
- The application form is only available online.
- It is mandatory to submit the application form to apply.
- GATE qualifiers are exempted from the exam but must submit the application form.
- Details once entered will not be changed.
Important Dates for Submitting the Form
The candidates should make note of all the deadlines because once it is over, the candidates will not be able to apply.
|Availability of application form||May 17, 2017|
|Last date to submit the application form|
|Last date to submit the fee||–|
|Issuance of admit card||June 20, 2017|
|Karnataka PGCET 2017 application form||July 01 and 02, 2017|
Application Fees for Karnataka Post Graduate Common Entrance Test
It is always better to know the application fee and modes to submit it before applying. The KPGCET 2017 Application Fee is:
- Rs. 650 for General and OBC candidates.
- Rs. 500 for SC/ST candidates (category-1)
Karnataka PGCET 2017 Application Form
Note – Edit Online Application Option Available upto 12 Jun 2017 5.30 PM.
The details about the submitting of the application form are as below:
The candidates will be filling Karnataka PGCET 2017 application for admission in following courses:
How to Fill Karnataka PGCET 2017 Application Form
Step 1– Click on the link above. It will lead to registration portal. There, click on the New User? Click Here to Register link.
Step 2– Answer to the questions below:
- Whether the Student is a Citizen of India? – Yes or No
Step 3 – Register by submitting the following details:
- Name of the Candidate
- Name of the Father
- Name of the Mother
- Date Of Birth
- User – Id
- Select Course / Subject applied for
- Contact Mobile Number
- Secret Question
- Enter Security Code
After registration, an application number will be allocated to the candidate. Note it down. Then, click on ‘Click Here’ link
Step 4 – Next, the candidates will have to Login by submitting the User Id and Password. After this, the application form will appear. In it, the candidates will have to submit personal, communication, and educational details.
Step 5 – Lastly, the candidates will have to submit the application fee. The fee is to be submitted in prescribed format and as mentioned above.
Common Mistakes While Submitting the Application Form
Few common mistakes which candidates regret every year have been discussed below:
Incorrect Uploading of Documents – It is very clearly mentioned in the information brochure that the candidates are to upload all the documents in the prescribed format. Incorrect uploading of Photograph and Signature is the most common error.
Not Saving – Basically, this is about not saving Application Number, Password, Confirmation page, etc. These are basic things which are required at various stages of admission. Hence, it is always advised that candidates do maintain these.
Filling Exam Centre Carelessly – Another very common error done by the candidates is filing exam center without giving a thought. The conducting body does not allow the provision to change the exam center, once submitted. Hence, candidates should be very careful while submitting it.
Invalid E-mail Id and Mobile Number – Karnataka PGET 2017 Application Form Demands e-mail id and phone number so that KEA can contact the students, whenever required. However, candidates either forget these details and not able to get all the notifications.
It is very important to ensure the eligibility before applying. Ineligible candidates will not be granted admission. The eligibility criteria are as below:
- Candidate must have studied in an institute of Karnataka for more than seven years. However, if the candidate has not studied from here then, the candidates will have to satisfy other clause.
After submitting the application form, the candidates can start their preparation by understating the exam pattern and syllabus.
The exam pattern for MBA, MCA, and PG Engineering/Architecture courses is as below:
Karnataka PGCET MBA – The exam will be held offline and will carry objective type questions. Candidates will have 150 minutes to solve the question paper, in which each question will be of one mark.
KPGCET MCA – The duration of the exam will be same as above, 150 minutes. The question paper will be divided into parts, A and B. Part A will contain 60, one mark questions, whereas,m Part B will have 20, two marks questions.
Karnataka PGCET M.E / M.Tech / M.Arch – The question paper will be divided into Part A and Part B. In all, the candidates will have 150 minutes to solve the paper, which will be of 100 marks.
The syllabus of the KPGCE 2017 is as below:
MBA Course – Proficiency in English Language, General Knowledge, Test of Reasoning and General Intelligence, and Quantitative Analysis
MCA Course: Mathematics, Computer Awareness, Analytical Ability and Logical Reasoning, General Awareness, and General English.
M.E/M.Tech/M.Arch Course: The syllabus will vary according to the specialization. It will mostly consist of the degree level courses.
The candidates will only be issued hall ticket if they will submit Karnataka PGCET 2017 Application Form in the prescribed format. The hall ticket will be issued on June 06, 2017. The candidates will be able to download it from kea.kar.nic.in.
To download the hall ticket, the candidates will have to submit the Application Number and Date of Birth. Then, the candidates will have to produce a hardcopy of it and carry it in good condition at the exam hall.
The exam centers to the candidates will be allocated on the basis of choices submitted in the KPGCET Application Form. The candidates will be announced the center allotment through the hall ticket. Candidates must be very careful while submitting the exam center choice because the Karnataka PGCET exam center once allotted, will not be changed.
Karnataka PGCET is a state level examination. Hence, only the colleges in the state participate in it. The complete list of participating colleges is yet to be announced by KEA. However, top 5 institutes are as below:
- Bangalore Institute of Technology, Bangalore
- RV College of Engineering, Bangalore
- The Oxford College of Engineering, Bangalore
- PES College of Engineering, Mandya
- MS Ramaiah Institute of Technology, Bangalore
How to Prepare
How to prepare for an examination is a very common query. Well, there is no hard and fast rule to do so. However, if the candidate will prepare strategically surely they will crack the exam.
- First of all, prepare a time-table. Usual mistake that candidates do is that they divide days for each subject. However, better is to study all the subjects daily. It avoids monotony and candidates need not revise the completed topics every week.
- Check syllabus and exam pattern. It is very important to know the exam and there is no other medium than exam pattern. The syllabus, on the other hand, provides direction to the preparation.
- Instead of jumping from one book to another, it is better to stick with one good book and practice it thoroughly.
- Another very important preparation material is sample paper, previous year question paper, and mock test. 50% of candidates preparation will be done automatically if they will attempt the study material.
- It is equally important to have some time for oneself. All work no play do make Jack a dull boy. So, it is advised that candidates spear few hours between the rigorous practice schedule.
How to change Password?
Correctly, check all the basic details which you have entered earlier. After ascertaining the correctness of the entry the system will allow the candidate to enter the new password. Please remember this password for continuation of the process of registration, option filling and option saving. This password or changed password will be required till completion of Online Allotment Process. You can change your password any number of times.
Change Password option is used to change password of the candidate login. You can change your Password for secured login.
- Go to Home Page.
- Click the link “Change Password.”
- Enter Current Password
- Enter New Password
Re-enter New Password and click the button Change Password. You have successfully changed your password.
Your password needs to be carefully and confidentially retained by you. KEA will not be responsible for any consequences arising due to forgotten password / misuse of your password.