PGIMER M.Sc Nursing Entrance Exam 2019 will be conducted by the Postgraduate Institute Of Medical Education and Research. This exam is conducted annually for students who wish to take admission in the post-graduation nursing course offered by the PGIMER institute. You will be granted admission in the course on the basis of the overall percentile scored by you in the entrance test. Firstly, you will have to register yourself for the examination you can do that through the online registration form which is available on the official website of the institute. Application Form must be filled on or before its last date. Candidates can check complete details of PGIMER M.Sc Nursing Entrance Test 2019 from this page.
PGIMER M.Sc Nursing Entrance Exam 2019
The table below comprises of all the important events and their schedules for the PGIMER M.Sc Nursing admission process 2019. Please refer to the table below to track all the important events so that you do not miss any important events.
|Commencement of filling of online application forms||01 May 2019|
|Last Date of filing of applications online||31 May 2019|
|Last Date of depositing of fee in the Bank||31 May 2019|
|Entrance Examination||30 Jun 2019 at 10.00 am|
|Declaration of Result||01 Jul 2019 at 12 pm|
|Counselling||03 Jul 2019 at 3 pm|
|2nd Counselling||Last week of Jul 2019|
|3rd Counselling||Last week of Jul 2019|
You should ensure that you fulfill the eligibility criteria laid down by the official examination body. So, we would advise you to go through the information brochure before you register yourself for the examination. However, for your convenience we have listed down a few eligibility criteria for your reference.
- B.Sc. Nursing/Post-Basic from an Institution recognized by the Indian Nursing Council and PGIMER, Chandigarh as equivalent thereto with at least 55% marks in aggregate.
- Should have minimum one year of work experience after registration as Registered Nurse & Registered Midwife by May 29, 2019 in bedside nursing in a minimum 100 bedded hospital (for private hospitals only) or Public Health Nursing or in Nursing Educational Institutions recognized by the Indian Nursing Council after B.Sc. Nursing (4 years) or before and after Post-Basic B.Sc. Nursing.
- The experience certificate in this regard must be on the letter head of the hospital and should clearly indicate the capacity of the hospital in terms of number of beds and should be approved by State/Central Govt.(S) failing which experience will not be considered.
- Should be a Registered Nurse and Registered Midwife as approved by INC or substitute registration in the case of male candidates fully qualified for nursing of men, women and children.
For Foreign nationals (FN)
- Foreign nationals should also fill in the prescribed application form online.
- Candidates are required to take the printout of the filled online application form and route their applications along with necessary documents through the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India, New Delhi.
- The online application form will be treated as an advance copy.
- However, application of such candidates will be proposed after receipt of the same through diplomatic channels. These candidates are also required to appear in the entrance examination along with other candidates
To appear in the entrance exam, it is necessary that you register yourself for the exam. The application form for the same will be available on the official website of the institute. The registration for the entrance exam will be done only in the online mode and no offline application forms will be accepted. The application fees will be different for varied categories of students. The application fees will be Rs 1000 if you belong to the unreserved category. However, if you belong to the reserved category you will have to pay Rs 800. Application fees for Physically Handicapped students will be exempted. All candidates are directed to deposit the above fees through online payment gateway available at M.Sc. Nursing application portal. The candidates can deposit the fee w.e.f. 01.05.2019 and last date for the same on 31.05.2019.
Once, you have successfully registered, the institute will issue a list of eligible candidates. If your name is on the list you will be eligible for the issuance of the admit card. The admit card will be issued in the online mode. You will not be granted permission to appear in the exam without a valid admit card. You will be able to download your admit card by using your login details to log in and download your admit card.
The entrance exam will be an objective type exam. It will be conducted in the pen and paper based mode. The paper will consist of 100 questions. The questions will be in the form of multiple choice questions (MCQs). The test will be in conducted in English medium. There will be negative marking (0.25) for all wrong answers.
|Subject||No. of Questions||Marks|
|Medical Surgical Nursing||15||15|
|Community Health Nursing||15||15|
|Child Health Nursing||15||15|
|Mental Health Nursing||15||15|
Merit list of candidates will be prepared on the basis of marks obtained in the online entrance examination. Merit list will be prepared for each category of candidates viz.
- Scheduled Castes / Scheduled Tribes / Other Backward Communities
- Orthopedic Physically Handicapped
- PGI deputed candidates to the course of M.Sc. Nursing.
- The selection will be made strictly in order of merit of the candidates in the respective merit lists of entrance test.
- An overall merit list based on the percentile obtained by all the candidates appearing in the examination in the theory examination (irrespective of their category) will be prepared. Candidates of various categories who secure percentile in the theory examination, as mentioned against each category, will qualify for admission: General category: 50th percentile
SC/ST/OBC & PWD : 45th percentile
- In the matter of selection, the decision of the Director, PGIMER, Chandigarh shall be final.
Interview / Counselling
Candidates will be invited for interview strictly in order of merit in the respective merit lists based on the marks obtained by them in the entrance examination. The number of candidates to be called for the interview will be three times the total number of seats to be filled in each category from candidates who fulfill the cut off points. It is compulsory that these candidates attend the interview
Official website of PGIMER M.Sc Nursing is www.pgimer.edu.in.
FEES AND OTHER DUES (PER ANNUM)
The fee will change as per subject wise being updated information on the official websites.
|Sr. No.||Fee||M.Sc. Nursing|
|01.||Tuition Fee||Rs. 350/-|
|02.||Library Fee||Rs. 50/-|
|03.||Laboratory Fee||Rs. 900/-|
|04.||Games Fee||Rs. 30/-|
|05.||Amalgamated Fund||Rs. 720/-|
|01.||Security/Caution Money (*Refundable)||Rs.10000/-|
|02.||Migration Fee||Rs. 100/-|
|03.||Registration Fee (payable on admission)||Rs. 500/-|
|04.||Examination Fee||Rs. 400/-|
Chandigarh – 160012
FOR ACADEMIC ENQUIRY – 0172-2755257
For General Queries E-Mail: [email protected]
For Technical Queries (related to Online Application Form only)
E-Mail: [email protected]
Fax : 0172-2744401, 2744376
For more details about PGIMER M.Sc Nursing Admission 2019, Candidate can Download Information Brochure 2019. I Notification for PGIMER M.Sc Nursing Admission 2019