PGIMER B.Sc Nursing 2019 is the short form used for Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh. Candidates will have to compete to take admission into B.Sc. Nursing (4 years) and B.Sc. Nursing (Post-Basic) courses. The exam is an important exam for all those, who wish to become and attain the skills required for nurse practitioners/clinicians, family care nursing, supervision, administration by availing training offered in the nursing colleges at the University level. The exam is held once a year. Admission will be based on the marks obtained in written test.
PGIMER B.Sc Nursing Entrance Exam 2019
|Events||Important Dates (Expected)|
|Date of registration of application form for downloading of challan form||Second week of Jun 2019|
|Last date for submission of online application form||First week of Jul 2019|
|Last date for generation of challan form||Second week of Jul 2019|
|Entrance exam will be held by||Second week of Aug 2019|
|Result declaration||Second week of Aug 2019|
|Counselling can be organized by||Third week of Aug 2019|
|Date of 2nd Counselling||First week of Sep 2019|
B.Sc. Nursing (4 years)- this course is valid only for female candidates
- Academic requirement- 10th and 12th pass
- Subjects requirement- Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English
- Minimum marks requirement- 50% marks in aggregate.
- Age limit criteria- more than 17 years as on 1st September 2019 and less than 25 years.Insofar, official details of PGIMER B.Sc Nursing Admission 2019 have not been announced. Information on this page is as per last year brochure and for reference purpose only. As soon as the conducting body releases PGIMER B.Sc Nursing Admission 2019 information brochure, details will be updated here.
B.Sc. Nursing (Post-Basic)
- Academic requirement- 10th and 12th pass
- Subject requirement- General Nursing and Midwifery
- Minimum marks requirement- 50% aggregate.
- Other course requirements- Nurse and Midwife course registered with the respective institute/ State Nursing Council.
- Age Limit requirement- less than 45 years on 1st September 2019.
PGIMER B.Sc Nursing Application / Fees
Reach the official website at pgimer.edu.in and look for the apply link. Fill the basic details, educational details correspondence details, photo uploading and fee payment through available options before the prescribed dates. The fee charged for PGIMER form completion depends on the category to which a candidate belongs. While SC/ST people may have to pay- Rs. 800/-, General/ OBC/ PGI- may be asked to pay Rs. 1000/-. PWD- are exempted. They do not need to pay.
Depositing the fees to complete the PGIMER B.Sc Nursing form
The candidates will be directed about how they will have to submit the money. The directions will come from PGIMER in due course. While for your reference, we would like to let you know the previous year aspirants completed their forms. They were required to deposit the prescribed amount through challan mode of any SBI branch. It was drawn in the favor of Director, PGIMER in the registered account. They were also allowed to pay the fees using i-collect services.
- Mode of paper- Written (Offline paper)
- Total questions- 100
- Marks for positive answers- 1
- Marks for negative answers- 0.25 negative marking
- Standard of questions 12th class
|B.Sc. Nursing (4 Years)||B.Sc. Nursing (Post-Basic)|
|Chemistry||25||25||Scientific Principles Applied in Nursing Practice & Trends in Nsg||10||10|
|Biology||25||25||Child Health Nursing||15||15|
|English||15||15||Community Health Nursing||15||15|
|General knowledge||10||10||Obstetric Nursing and Midwifery||15||15|
|Total||100||100||Mental Health Nursing||15||15|
The candidates will be chosen on the basis of the merit allocated to them in the merit list. You will be able to see your rank, roll number, marks etc. and the overall rank shall be decided on the basis of the higher percentage scored by candidates.
An overall merit list which is prepared based on the percentile scored calculating theory marks will be displayed on the website. You will also be required to pass a minimum marks criteria.
Minimum marks to be acquired in the written exam:-
- General- 50th percentile
- SC/ST/OBC/PWD- 45th percentile
Note- next will be an Interview round.
To prepare the merit list for ranking candidates, certain factors are kept in mind. One of it is
- Marks obtained in the written test
- Number of candidates applying,
- Number of seats available,
- Highest marks obtained by the topper,
- Marks obtained by applicants in 12th,
- Minimum eligibility criteria etc.
After that, a merit list will be prepared in which candidates are shortlisted keeping such factors in mind. However, there is a possibility that 1 or more candidates received same marks, in such case, ranking becomes a little bit tricky. Well to maintain the fairness, a formula called Inter-se Merit is used by the institutes. This serves as the tie resolving criteria. Let us see it.
- Candidates making more attempts to pass qualifying examination (10th/12th/ GNM)
- Higher marks in said examination
- Age seniority
Post result declaration, interview/ counseling will be held in order of your rank in the merit list. 3x more people will be called in the counseling than the actual seats. Carry your original documents. Arrange them in order in advance. If selected, you may also have to undergo a medical examination.
This is a table that shows the seat distribution on the basis of last year. As you can see clearly from the table, that maximum number of seats are reserved for General category, while reserved categories have its own reservation policies.
|B.Sc. Nursing (4 years)||47||14||7||25||–||3||93|
|B.Sc. Nursing (Post-Basic)||22||7||4||14||15||2||62|
Official Website: www.pgimer.edu.in
For more details of PGIMER B.Sc Nursing 2019, Candidate can download Last Year 2018 Information Brochure.
Insofar, official details of PGIMER B.Sc Nursing Admission 2019 have not been announced. Information on this page is as per last year brochure and for reference purpose only. As soon as the conducting body releases PGIMER B.Sc Nursing Admission 2019 information brochure, details will be updated here.