PGIMER B.Sc Nursing Entrance Exam 2019 – From this page you can check details on PGIMER B.Sc Nursing 2019. Here, the information is available for PGIMER B.Sc Nursing (4 years) and PGIMER B.Sc Nursing (Post Basic) courses. PGIMER B.Sc Nursing Entrance exam is important for all those, who wish to become and attain the skills required for nurse practitioners/clinicians, family care nursing, supervision, administration by availing training offered in the nursing colleges at the University level. The exam is held once a year, in offline mode. You can check all the latest updates and more details on PGIMER B.Sc Nursing Entrance Exam 2019 from this page.
PGIMER B.Sc Nursing Entrance Exam 2019
Admission to all courses is made once a year. The session for B.Sc. Nursing (4 years) and B.Sc. Nursing (Post-Basic) shall commence from 1st September of each year. The admission notice is published in leading newspapers in India usually during the months of May/June every year. The admission to the courses imparted at NINE is made on all India basis by holding an entrance examination by the Institute after issuing a countrywide admission notice. The schedule and rest of the information is as given below:
|Date of registration of application form for downloading of challan form||11 Jun 2019|
|Last date for submission of online application form||10 Jul 2019|
|Entrance exam||11 Aug 2019|
|Result declaration||13 Aug 2019|
|Notice for Rescheduling of B.Sc Nursing (4 yr) out on||13 Aug 2019|
|New exam date for BSc Nursing (4 yr)|
|New result date for BSc Nursing (4 yr)||26 Aug 2019|
|Counselling||29 Aug 2019|
Notice regarding scrapping and rescheduling of entrance examination B.Sc Nursing (4 years)
Notice for Rescheduling of PGIMER B.Sc. Nursing (4 Year Exam)
PGIMER B.Sc Nursing Application / Fees
Reach the official website at pgimer.edu.in and look for the apply link. Fill the basic details, educational details correspondence details, photo uploading, and fee payment through available options before the prescribed dates. The fee charged for PGIMER form completion depends on the category to which a candidate belongs. While SC/ST people may have to pay- Rs. 800/-, General/ OBC/ PGI- may be asked to pay Rs. 1000/-. PWD- are exempted. They do not need to pay.
Depositing the fees to complete the PGIMER B.Sc Nursing form
The candidates are directed about how they will have to submit the money. The directions will come from PGIMER in due course. While for your reference, we would like to let you know the previous year aspirants completed their forms. They were required to deposit the prescribed amount through challan mode of any SBI branch. It was drawn in the favor of Director, PGIMER in the registered account. They were also allowed to pay the fees using i-collect services.
B.Sc. Nursing (4 years)- this course is valid only for female candidates
- The minimum educational requirement shall be 10+2 examination passed with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English or any other examination as equivalent thereto with at least 50% marks in aggregate.
- Candidates appearing in 10+2 examination in April-May, 2019 can also apply for the course.
- Not more than 25 years and not less than 17 years on 1st September 2019 i.e. those born after 1st September 2002 and before 1st September 1994 are not eligible
B.Sc. Nursing (Post-Basic)
- Academic requirement- 10th and 12th pass
- Subject requirement- General Nursing and Midwifery
- Minimum marks requirement- 50% aggregate.
- Other course requirements- Nurse and Midwife course registered with the respective institute/ State Nursing Council.
- Age Limit requirement- less than 45 years on 1st September 2019.
- Mode of paper- Written (Offline paper)
- Total questions- 100
- Marks for positive answers- 1
- Marks for negative answers- 0.25 negative marking
- Standard of questions 12th class
|B.Sc. Nursing (4 Years)||B.Sc. Nursing (Post-Basic)|
|Chemistry||25||25||Scientific Principles Applied in Nursing Practice & Trends in Nsg||10||10|
|Biology||25||25||Child Health Nursing||15||15|
|English||15||15||Community Health Nursing||15||15|
|General knowledge||10||10||Obstetric Nursing and Midwifery||15||15|
|Total||100||100||Mental Health Nursing||15||15|
- The selection will be made strictly in order of merit of the candidates in the respective merit lists of entrance test.
- Overall rank of all the candidates shall be decided based on percentile scores, with a higher percentile score translating into a better rank.
- An overall merit list based on the percentile obtained by all the candidates appearing in the examination in the theory examination (irrespective of their category) will be prepared. Candidates of various categories who secure percentile in the theory examination, as mentioned against each category, will qualify for admission:
Minimum marks to be acquired in the written exam:-
- General- 50th percentile
- SC/ST/OBC/PWD- 45th percentile
Note- next will be an Interview round.
To prepare the merit list for ranking candidates, certain factors are kept in mind. One of them is
- A candidate who has made more attempts in passing the qualifying exam, (10+2/GNM) will rank junior to a candidate who has made lesser attempts.
- If the attempts made in passing the qualifying exam (10+2/GNM) are also the same, then a candidate who has higher marks in the said examination will rank senior to a candidate who has obtained lower marks.
- If the attempts made in passing the said examinations and the marks obtained in the examinations are also the same, then a candidate senior in age shall rank senior to the candidate who is junior in age
After that, a merit list will be prepared in which candidates are shortlisted keeping such factors in mind. However, there is a possibility that 1 or more candidates received the same marks, in such case, ranking becomes a little bit tricky. Well to maintain fairness, a formula called Inter-se Merit is used by the institutes. This serves as the tie resolving criteria. Let us see it.
Candidates will be invited for interview strictly in order of merit in the respective merit lists based on the marks obtained by them in the entrance examination. The number of candidates to be called for the interview will be three times the total number of seats to be filled in each category from candidates who fulfill the cut of points. It is compulsory for these candidates to attend the interview.
This is a table that shows the seat distribution on the basis of last year. As you can see clearly from the table, that maximum number of seats are reserved for the General category, while reserved categories have its own reservation policies.
|B.Sc. Nursing (4 years)||47||14||7||25||–||05||93|
|B.Sc. Nursing (Post-Basic)||22||7||4||14||15||3||62|
*The number of seats mentioned for Persons with Disability (PWD) will be adjusted against the category to which he/she belongs. The candidates having a disability to the tune of 40% to 50% of lower extremity declared by the authorized Medical Board of the State Govt./Govt. of India or any other Competent Authority authorized in this regard by the Government having a Nursing expert as a member of the Board only to be considered
Fees and other dues are as given below:
Hostel Fees is as given below:
The candidate who discontinues the course in between shall have to pay a penalty amount of Rs.25,000/-
Note: Course fee and hostel charges once deposited will not be refunded. *The security deposit of the candidates, who will leave the course midway after the joining, will also be forfeited. Hostel security of other students will be refunded on completion of full course & vacation of the hostel, after the deduction of dues, if any.
Official Website: www.pgimer.edu.in
For more details of PGIMER B.Sc Nursing 2019, the Candidate can download prospectus – Information Brochure 2019