PGIMER B.Sc Nursing Entrance Exam 2020 – Rank Letter has released for B.Sc Nursing (4 years) and B.Sc Nursing (Post Basic) Entrance Exam held on July 28, 2020. Provisionally selected candidates list for B.Sc Nursing Admission 2020 has been released in PDF Form. The PGIMER B.Sc Nursing Entrance Exam 2020 is conducted in online mode. Candidates are offered admissions into B.Sc Nursing (4 yrs) and B.Sc Nursing (post-basic) courses through PGIMER B.Sc 2020 exam. There are 100 MCQ type questions in the exam and duration of the exam is 1 hour and 30 minutes. Scroll below to check out the eligibility criteria, application form, exam pattern syllabus and cut off for PGIMER B.Sc Exam 2020.
Latest: PGIMER has released the rank letter for B.Sc Nursing (4 years) and Post Basic Nursing Admission 2020. Click here to check.
PGIMER B.Sc Nursing Entrance Exam 2020
Last year, a total of 296 candidates qualified in B.Sc Nursing and 185 qualified in Post Basic course. Check the important dates for PGIMER B.Sc Nursing entrance exam 2020 from the table below.
|PGIMER B.Sc Nursing Entrance Exam 2020||Sep 2020 dates||Sep 2021 dates|
|Registration begin||18 May 2020||2nd week of Jun 2021|
|Last date of Registration of Application Form||20 Jun 2020||2nd week of Jul 2021|
|Correction Window||22 – 23 jun 2020||to be announced!|
|Download of the Admit card||Available||4th week of Jul 2021|
|Entrance Exam (CBT)||28 Jul 2020||31 Jul 2021|
|Result declaration / Rank Letter||06 Aug 2020||1st week of Aug 2021|
|Last date of submission of qualifying 10+2 certificate and marks sheet||10 Aug 2020||1st week of Aug 2021|
|Counselling||17 Aug 2020 at 11:00 am||3rd week of Aug 2021|
Update on PGIMER B.Sc Nursing Entrance Exam 2020
PGIMER B.Sc. Nursing 2020 Admit Card
PGIMER, Chandigarh releases the PGIMER B.Sc. Nursing 2020 admit card at pgimer.edu.in. It is provided in pdf format as per the schedule ie 7 days before exam. Candidates need to login with their username and password to download their admit card. They should note that admit card is released for candidates who have filled their registration form correctly.
No candidate is allowed to enter the test centre without their admit card and a valid identity proof. They should also note that the admit cards are not sent via post any or any offline means.
PGIMER BSC Nursing Test Centres
Candidates cannot request a change of test centre after the release of admit card. Check out the tentative list of the Test Centres.
- Delhi / NCR
PGIMER B.Sc Nursing 2020 Syllabus
There is no defined syllabus for the PGIMER Bsc examination. However, the competent authority has listed down a few topics for references. They are as follows.
B.Sc Nursing (4 yrs) – The standard of questions and syllabus shall be of 10+2 level.
B.Sc Nursing (post-basic) – The syllabus is based on Diploma in General Nursery and Midwifery Nursery.
PGIMER B.Sc Nursing 2020 Exam Pattern
Candidates can check a brief explanation about the exam pattern from below.
- Type of Questions – Objective Type Questions
- Marking Scheme – There is a negative marking for 0.25 for every incorrect answer
- Mode of Language – The question paper is in English language.
- No. of Questions – There are 100 questions.
- Mode of Examination:
- Duration of Exam:
- Number of Shifts:
B.Sc Nursing – Check the distribution of questions from the table below.
|Subject||No. of Questions||Marks|
|General Knowledge/Current Affairs||10||10|
Post Basic B.Sc Nursing – Candidates can check the distribution of question for Post Basic from below.
|Subjects||No. of Questions||Marks|
|Scientific Principles Applied In Nursing Practice & Trends in Nsg||10||10|
|Child Health Nursing||15||15|
|Community Health Nursing including Nutrition||15||15|
|Obstetric Nursing and Midwifery||15||15|
|Mental Health Nursing||15||15|
PGIMER B.Sc Nursing 2020 Application Form
Post Graduate Institute of Medical Research and Education (PGIMER), Chandigarh has released application form at pgimer.edu.in. Candidates can fill the form in online mode only. They should also note that no candidate is allowed to fill more than one application form. The category of the candidate cannot be changed / modified after the form has been submitted. Following are the steps to apply.
- Firstly, click on the application form link above.
- Locate the ” application form link for PGIMER Bsc Nursing ” present under the information for candidates section on the homepage.
- Now, click on the “new registration” button.
- Thereafter, enter name, address, phone number and other relevant details.
- After doing so the user id and password is sent to the registered phone number of candidates.
- Then, they need to login with these credentials and fill the application form.
- Now, Upload the scanned copy of documents like photo /signature and pay the application fee.
- Submit the form and take a print out for future use.
Application Fee : Candidates can check out the prescribed application fee from the table down below.
PGIMER B.Sc Nursing Entrance Exam 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must read and understand the eligibility criteria before application form filling. If found ineligible, application fee is not refunded.
B.Sc Nursing ( 4 years) – Only for female candidates
- The candidate must secure 50% in aggregate with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English subjects in class 10+2.
- Candidate appearing for for 10+2 exams in April / May 2020 can also appear.
- Candidate must be minimum 17 yrs and not more than 25 yrs of age as on September 1, 2020.
- Candidates who are born before Sept 1, 1995 are not eligible to apply.
B.Sc Nursing (post-basic)
- Candidates must have passed Class 10+2 or equivalent.
- They should have passed General Nursing and Midwifery with 50%.
- They should be registered with Indian Nursing Council.
- Candidates born before September 1, 1975 are not eligible to apply.
Eligibility Criteria for Foreign Nationals
- Candidates need to route their application form through Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India, New Delhi.
- They should have clearance document of registration issued by Indian Nursing Council, New Delhi.
- Candidate should have eligibility certificate from registrar of PGIMER.
Eligibility Criteria for In-service candidates
- Candidates are supposed to route their application through their employer.
PGIMER B.Sc Nursing 2020 Reservation Criteria
The competent authority has laid down a reservation policy for candidates of different categories like SC / ST / OBC. Candidates should note that 5% seats are reserved for PWD candidates.
PGIMER B.Sc Nursing 2020 Result
PGIMER, Chandigarh releases PGIMER B.Sc Nursing 2020 Result in pdf format. It is provided on the official website ie pgimer.edu.in. Candidates can check their rank in the merit lists. The selection of candidates is strictly based on merit.
How is PGIMER B.sc Nursing result calculated?
- First, raw scores are calculated on the basis of scheme of marking
- 25 % marks are deducted for incorrect answer.
- Now, this score is used for obtaining percentile.
- Thereafter, the merit lists are prepared on the basis of percentile scores.
PGIMER B.Sc Nursing 2020 Cut Off
Candidates can check out the prescribed cut off for PGIMER B.Sc Nursing 2020 from below.
|SC / ST / OBC & PwBD||45th percentile|
PGIMER B.Sc. Nursing 2020 Counselling
PGIMER, Chandigarh conducts the PGIMER B.Sc. Nursing 2020 Counselling in offline mode. It is conducted as per schedule. Selected candidates are called for the interview session in order of merit. It is compulsory for the candidates to attend the interview. Candidates then have to pay the fee to secure their seat.
Selected candidates are required to go through medical examination by a Medical Board, constituted by the Institute.
Stipend / Scholarships
Selected candidates need to execute a bond to serve the PGIMER, Chandigarh and other Central Govt. Institutions. They are also required to open a savings account with SBI, Institute Branch. They are paid a stipend of Rs. 500/- per month during all 4 yrs of Bsc Nursing.
PGIMER B.Sc. Nursing 2020 Seat Matrix
Check out the seat matrix for PGIMER B.Sc. Nursing 2020.
|Category||B.Sc Nursing||Post Basic|
|For PGI staff||—||15|
PGIMER B.Sc. Nursing 2020 Fee Structure
The breakup of fee structure is given below in the table of both the courses.
|Particulars||B.Sc Nursing (Post Basic)||B.Sc Nursing (4 years)|
|Security or Caution Money (refundable)||5000||5000|
|Registration Fee(payable on admission)||200||200|
Post Graduate Institute of Medical, Education, and Research (PGIMER) is a research and medical institute in Chandigarh. It conducts an entrance exam for admission to Bachelors in Nursing (B.Sc. Nursing ) for two years and a Post Basic Nursing course for the duration of four years. Candidates have to clear the written test followed by the Interview round. Candidate can appear for the exam once in a year. Admission in PGIMER Chandigarh is done on the basis of merit and rank secured by the examinee in the entrance examination.
Official Website: pgimer.edu.in.
PGIMER B.Sc Nursing Entrance Exam 2020 Exam Frequently Asked Questions
Ans : The photograph should be scanned at the time of filing the application form and it should be in the format of JPEG.
Ans : Yes, there shall be a negative marking of -0.25 marks for the incorrect answer.
Ans : Yes, medical fitness is the precondition for registration for all candidates. The candidates will be medically examined by the board.
Ans : Only for B.Sc Nursing (4 years) course is applicable for only female candidates.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.