PGIMER B.Sc Nursing Entrance Exam 2020 – The Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER), Chandigarh offers admission to B.Sc Nursing (of 4 years) and PGIMER B.Sc. Nursing (Post Basic) for two years through an entrance test. The exam is conducted every year in the offline mode.PGIMER B.Sc Nursing is a National-level entrance test. Candidates willing to make a career in the Nursing field must apply for the course through official website pgimer.edu.in. Continue to read the article to know complete details related to the PGIMER B.Sc. Nursing Entrance Exam 2020 like application form, eligibility criteria etc from below.
PGIMER B.Sc Nursing Entrance Exam 2020
Admission to the courses imparted at the National Institute of Nursing Education (NINE) is made on an all India basis by conducting an exam after issuing a country-wise admission notice. Candidates can check the expected schedule of PGIMER B.Sc. Nursing 2020 from the table given below.
|Registration begin||2nd week of Jun 2020|
|Last date of Registration of Application Form||2nd week of Jul 2020|
|Download of the Admit card||4th week of Jul 2020|
|Entrance Exam||2nd week of Aug 2020|
|Result declaration||2nd week of Aug 2020|
|Counselling||3rd week of Aug 2020|
PGIMER B.Sc Nursing 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must check the eligibility criteria bef as per the last year before applying for the application form. Read the eligibility criteria given below.
- B.Sc Nursing ( 4 years) – Only for female candidates
- The candidate must have passed 10+2 examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English or any other examination as equivalent with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate.
- Candidate appearing for 10+2 exam in April/May 2020 can also apply.
- Candidate should not be more than 25 years and less than 17 years of age.
- B.Sc Nursing Post Basic
- Candidate must have passed 10+2 examination or equivalent.
- Candidate must have passed a minimum 50% marks in aggregate in General Nursing and Midwifery.
- Candidate should not be more than 45 years of age.
PGIMER B.Sc Nursing 2020 Application Form
Applicants after checking all the requirements can fill the application form from the official website. The candidate must review all the details filled in the application form before submitting the application fee. Candidate has to pay application fee only after that form will be considered submitted. Before filling the application form candidate must have a scanned image of a photograph.Applicants are advised to review the application form once before submitting it as no changes will be done after the submission of the application form.
Application Fee As per as last year the application fee for the General/OBC category is Rs 1000/- while for SC/ST candidates the fee is Rs 800/-. PwD candidates need not to pay fees the registration as well as examination fees. The application fee is non-refundable under any circumstance. Applicants can pay the fees only in the online mode.
PGIMER B.Sc. Nursing 2020 Admit Card
Candidates whose application form get submitted on time without no errors will be able to download the admit card/hall ticket from the official website as per the schedule. Aspirants will be able to download the admit card with the help of login credentials like login id and password. Admit cards will not be sent to any individual via post.It is mandatory to carry the PGIMER 2020 B.Sc. Nursing Hall Ticket to the examination hall otherwise candidates will not be allowed to sit in the exam.Applicants must check the details in the downloaded hall ticket to avoid discrepancies during the examination in the exam hall.
PGIMER B.Sc Nursing 2020 Exam Pattern
Candidates must check the PGIMER B.Sc. Nursing Exam Pattern 2020 while starting the preparation for the exam. Check below the exam pattern :
- Type of Questions – Objective Type Questions
- Marking Scheme – Negative marking, 0.25 for every incorrect answer
- Mode of the exam – Offline
- Mode of Language – English
- No. of Questions – 100
- B.Sc Nursing
|Subject||No. of Questions||Marks|
|General Knowledge/Current Affairs||10||10|
(The syllabus will be of Ten Plus One & Plus two standard )
- B.Sc. Nursing (Post-Basic)
|Subjects||No. of Questions||Marks|
|Scientific Principles Applied In Nursing Practice & Trends in Nsg||10||10|
|Child Health Nursing||15||15|
|Community Health Nursing including Nutrition||15||15|
|Obstetric Nursing and Midwifery||15||15|
|Mental Health Nursing||15||15|
(The syllabus will be of Diploma in General Nursery and Midwifery Nursery )
PGIMER B.Sc Nursing 2020 Result
The result will be declared after the examination in the form of a merit list on the official website. The merit list will be prepared on the basis of the marks secured by the candidate in the entrance examination.PGIMER 2020 Merit list will include the information of candidates name, roll number, and the marks obtained by the examinee in the entrance examination.The merit list of the entrance result will be prepared for the each category.
PGIMER B.Sc Nursing 2020 Selection Criteria
- The selection will be done strictly in order of merit in the respective merit list of entrance test.
- The rank will be decided on the percentile scores, with a higher percentile score translating into a better rank.
- The overall merit list based on the percentile score will be prepared irrespective of category. Candidates of various categories who secure percentile in the theory examination, as mentioned against each category, will qualify for the admission : (as per last year)
- General Category – 50th percentile
- SC/ST/OBC/PwBD – 45th percentile
- After releasing the merit list the candidates will be called for the Interview round/counselling as per the merit list, the marks obtained in the entrance examination. Those candidates who will not attend the interview round will be out of the admission process.
PGIMER B.Sc. Nursing 2020 Counselling
After the declaration of the result , PGIMER will conduct the counselling for the qualified candidates of the entrance test. Eligible candidates will be able to participate in the PGIMER 2020 Counselling. Category wise and rank wise list be released for the shortlisted candidates.Applicants have to bring all the necessary documents in original as well as in the self-attested photocopy form. Candidates must report to the allotted venue, date and time as no further chances will be given to the candidate.
PGIMER B.Sc. Nursing 2020 Tie-breaking Criteria
In case two or more candidates score equal marks in the entrance examination the following criteria will be followed to break the tie.
- Candidate with more attempts in passing the qualifying exam,(10+2/GNM) will rank junior to a candidate who has made lesser attempts.
- If the attempts of passing the exam are equal in that case the candidate who scored higher marks in that exam will be ranked higher to a candidate who scored less marks.
- In case the above two mentioned points are same then the candidate with the senior age shall rank senior to the candidate who is a junior in age.
PGIMER B.Sc. Nursing 2020 Seat Matrix
The table given below is as per the last year’s data. This will give the idea of seats reserved for different categories. Check the table below
- The number of seats mentioned for Persons with Disability (PwBD) will be adjusted against the category to which he/she belongs. The candidates having a disability to the tune of 40% to 50% of lower extremity declared by authorized Medical Board of the State Govt./Govt. Of India or any other Competent Authority authorized in this regard by the Government having nursing expert as a member of the Board only to be considered.
PGIMER B.Sc. Nursing 2020 Fee Structure
The breakup of fee structure is given below in the table of both the courses as per the last year.
|Particulars||B.Sc Nursing (Post Basic)||B.Sc Nursing (4 years)|
|Security or Caution Money (refundable)||5000||5000|
|Registration Fee(payable on admission)||200||200|
In the case of any candidate discontinue the course in the middle of the session will be penalized with the certain amount.
Post Graduate Institute of Medical, Education, and Research(PGIMER) is a research and medical institute in Chandigarh. It conducts an entrance exam for admission to Bachelors in Nursing (B.Sc. Nursing ) for two years and a Post Basic Nursing course for the duration of four years. Candidates have to clear the written test followed by the Interview round in an offline mode. Candidate can appear for the exam once in a year.Admission to the PGIMER course is done on the basis of merit and rank secured by the examinee in the entrance examination.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1 – In which format the photograph should be for the application form?
Ans – The photograph should be scanned at the time of filing the application form and it should be in the format of JPEG.
Q2 – Will there be any sort of negative marking in the written test?
Ans – Yes, +1 will be given for every correct answer and -0.25 for the incorrect answer.
Q3 – Will there be any medical test for the course?
Ans – Yes, medical fitness is the precondition for registration for all candidates. The candidates will be medically examined by the board.
Q4 – Is this course is compulsory for only females?
Ans – Yes, no male candidate can apply for the B.Sc Nursing (4 years) course.
Q5 – What will be the mode of the examination?
Ans – The exam is a pen-paper test i.e offline based test.
Official Website: pgimer.edu.in
For more details of PGIMER B.Sc Nursing 2019, the Candidate can download prospectus – Information Brochure 2019Insofar, official details of PGIMER B.Sc.Nursing 2020 have not been announced. Information on this page is as per last year brochure and for reference purpose only. As soon as information brochure releases, details will be updated here.