PGIMER B.Sc Nursing Result 2020 – After the exam, the result will be declared by the Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER) on the official website pgimer.edu.in.The exam is conducted for the admission of candidates to the Bachelor of Nursing course(B.Sc Nursing). PGIMER B.Sc. Nursing result will be declared in the form of a merit list. The merit list will be prepared by calculating the marks of the candidates scored in the entrance examination. Qualified candidates will be called for the interview round. To get more information and latest updates related to PGIMER B.Sc Nursing Result 2020 continue to read the article below.
PGIMER B.Sc Nursing 2020 Result
The merit list will be prepared as per the category. Furthermore, the Qualififed Examinees will be called for the interview/counselling round. Check the expected dates of PGIMER B.Sc Nursing 2020 result from the table below.
|Examination date||2nd week of Aug 2020|
|Result declaration date||2nd week of Aug 2020|
Result: Candidates will be able to download the PGIMER B.Sc. Nursing 2020 Result from the official website pgimer.edu.in
How to check PGIMER B.Sc Nursing Result 2020?
Candidates can check the result by following the steps which are mentioned below.
- Step 1 – Go to the official website of PGIMER or you will get the link from this page also.
- Step 2 – Candidate than go to the Homepage and click on the “Check Result” from the notice/latest notification board.
- Step 3 – Now, the examinee download the PGIMER B.Sc. Nursing Merit list.
- Step 4 – After downloading the merit list candidate will be able to search the name as mentioned in the admit card with the help of the “Ctrl + F” shortcut.
PGIMER B.Sc. Nursing 2020 Merit list preparation
After the written test, each and every exam aspirant who is going to appear in the PGIMER B.Sc Nursing 2020 entrance test will be allocated a rank. These ranks will be provided on the basis of
- Persons with Benchmark Disability (PwBD)
- PGI deputed candidates to the course of B.Sc. Nursing (Post-Basic).
The overall rank of the candidate will be based on the percentile scores. In the matter of selection, the decision of the Director, PGIMER, Chandigarh will be final.Candidates must check that name should be same as mentioned in the application form.
PGIMER B.Sc. Nursing Tie-Breaking Criteria
In case two or more candidates score equal marks in the entrance examination the following criteria will be followed to break the tie.
- Candidate with more attempts in passing the qualifying exam,(10+2/GNM) will rank junior to a candidate who has made lesser attempts.
- If the attempts of passing the exam are equal in that case the candidate who scored higher mark in that exam will be ranked higher to a candidate who scored less mark.
- In case the above two mentioned points are same then the candidate with the senior age shall rank senior to the candidate who is junior in age.
PGIMER B.Sc. Nursing 2020 Seat Allotment
The seats will be divided in the table below as per the category. The table is per as last year of data :
|Course||GEN||SC||ST||OBC||For PGI Staff||PwBD||Total|
|B.Sc Post Basic||22||07||04||14||15(Gen-9, SC-2, ST-1,OBC-3)||03||62|
- The number of seats mentioned for Persons with Disability (PwBD) will be adjusted against the category to which she/he belongs. The applicants having the disability to 40% to 50% of lower extremity declared by the authorized Medical Board of the State Govt./Govt. Of India or any other Competent Authority authorized in this regard by the Government having a nursing expert as a member of the Board only to be considered.
PGIMER B.Sc. Nursing 2020 Interview/Counselling
Candidates will be invited for interview strictly in order of merit in the respective merit lists based on the marks obtained by them in the entrance examination. The number of candidates to be called for the interview will be three times the total number of seats to be filled in each category from candidates who fulfill the cut of points. It is compulsory for these candidates to attend the interview. The candidates on the waiting list will attend the counseling at NINE, PGIMER, Chandigarh on the dates & time to be announced on the day of 1st counseling. The seats, if available, shall be offered to the candidates on merit. No separate correspondence shall be made.
PGIMER B.Sc. Nursing Selection Process
Candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of their performance in the written examination. After that, list of meritorious candidates will be published. The merit obtained by the candidate will be a fundamental part of merit list preparation. It will have roll numbers/ rank / marks secured etc. However, overall rank shall be decided on the basis of the higher percentage scored by candidates. To provide overall rank,
(i) percentile scored
(ii) theory marks will be considered.
The admission to the courses imparted at the National Institute of Nursing Education (NINE)is made on an All India basis by conducting the entrance test. Those candidates who sit for the PGIMER B.Sc.Nursing entrance examination will be able to check the result in online mode on the notice board or NINE and on the website of PGIMER, Chandigarh. Candidates must take print of the final result for any future reference. After which the qualified candidates will be shortlisted for the counselling/interview round.
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQs)
Q1 – Wil the exam conducting body sent the result to us on email or via post?
Ans – No, the exam result will be declared on the website. Candidate can check the merit list on the official website.
Q2 – How we will know about the declaration of result?
Ans – Candidate have to regularly check the website or you can check the update on this page also the link will be updated here once the result will be declared.
Q3 – Is there any negative marking in the exam?
Ans – Yes, for every incorrect answer the candidate will get the deduction of 0.25 marks.
Q4 – If I clear the written exam the seat will get reserved for me?
Ans – No, admission to the course will be done on the written test and interview basis by following all the eligibility.
Q5 – How much marks are required to clear or qualify the exam?
Ans – Minimum qualifying marks will be released by the exam conducting authority and the list will be prepared later for the qualified candidates.