NATA is National Aptitude Test in Architecture which is conducted by the Council of Architecture (COA). The purpose of this examination is to provide a single scheme of examination for holding aptitude test for the architecture aspirants. NATA determine the aptitude of the applicant for specific field of study, i.e. Architecture. The test makes an assessment of drawing and observation skills, sense of proportion, aesthetic sensitivity, Mathematics and critical thinking ability. The NATA establish the eligibility criteria to select the candidates with architecture aptitude and good skills for the admission to five years Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch.) degree course, as prescribed by COA.
The NATA 2018 will most probably be conducted in the month of April 2018. However, the official notification for the examination will be released in the month of December 2017. All the admission related notification will be updated on the official website at nata.nic.in The interested and eligible candidates will be able to fill the application form in the month of January 2018. The Aspirants must have completed the age of 17 years as on July 31, 2018, and should have passed in class 12th with minimum 50% aggregate marks. The candidates who shall not fulfill the eligibility criteria will not be able to fill the application form. However, it should be noted that there is no upper age limit to apply for NATA 2018. Before applying, candidates must check that they have a valid Email ID, mobile number, scanned images of passport size photograph, signature and Left Hand Thumb Print in the prescribed format, Dimensions and size. All the applicants need to pay an application fee as prescribed by the Council of Architecture. It will be paid in both the modes i.e., offline and online as well.
In this article, candidates will come to know about the eligibility criteria, instructions to fill the application form, schedule of examination, exam pattern, admit card, result and expected dates for the conduction of entrance examination.
The information provided in this article is based on previous year’s data. The dates and the content will be soon updated as per the official announcement by the Council. Before going through other details of NATA 2018, the eligibility criteria must be taken into consideration by the candidate. The admission of the candidate will be based on the fulfillment of the eligibility criteria and the performance in the aptitude test.
Expected Schedule of NATA 2018
The candidates willing to apply for NATA 2018 can check the expected dates to fill the application form, last date of registration, availability of admit card and declaration of result. You can look at these dates for the reference purpose only. These dates are not final and may change as per the official notice.
|Release of Information Brochure||3rd week December 2017|
|Availability of Online Application Form NATA 2018||1st week of January 2018|
|Registration ends||2nd week of February 2018|
|Download of NATA 2018 Admit Card||4th week of March 2018|
|Date of Examination||2nd week of April 2018|
|Declaration of Result||2nd week of June 2018|
Eligibility Criteria for NATA 2018
The Council of Architecture (COA) has set the eligibility norms for admission in B.Arch. for the academic session 2018-19. The candidates willing to take admission in the course must fulfill the eligibility criteria. The eligibility conditions for the entrance test are mentioned below:
- A candidate applying for entrance test must have completed the age of 17 years as on July 31, 2018.
Candidates must have passed the class 12th examination with mathematics as the main subject and should have scored 50% aggregate in all the subjects.
- Candidate should have passed in 10+3 (diploma) in any stream from the recognized institute with mathematics as one of the main subjects with 50% aggregate.
- Passed in international baccalaureate diploma with mathematics as the main subject of examination with 50% aggregate marks.
- Candidates appearing in any of the above-mentioned examination can also apply for the National Aptitude Test in Architecture.
A candidate applying for entrance test must have completed the age of 17 years as on July 31, 2018. There is no lower age limit for appearing in NATA 2018
Schedule and Pattern of Examination
The National Aptitude Test in Architecture will be scheduled in the following given manner. Candidates must note the schedule of the examination and prepare for it accordingly.
|Expected date of examination||Subject||Marks of Examination|
|In the month of April 2018||Part A (First 90 minutes)
General Aptitude (MCQ)
|Total- 120 marks
20X2 = 40 Marks
40X2 = 80 Marks
|Part-B (Last 90 minutes)
Drawings (TWO SETS) in A4 Size paper
|Total- 80 marks
2X 40 = 80 Marks
The aptitude test will be held in accordance with the above exam pattern. All the questions in the test will be asked in English medium only. There will be no negative marking for the test, but wrong answering will be penalized in case of tie breaking. The answers in the OMR sheet must be marked with Black/ Blue Ball point pen.
Instructions for the Drawing Test (part B)
In the drawing test for NATA 2018, the candidate has to attempt two questions in 90 minutes time. The drawing abilities of the candidate will be checked on the following aspects:
- Ability to sketch a given object proportionately and rendering the same.
- Visualising and drawing the effects of light on the object and shadows cast on surroundings.
- The sense of perspective drawing.
- Combining and composing given three-dimensional elements to form a building or structural form.
- Creating interesting two-dimensional composition using given shapes and forms.
- Creating visual harmony using colors in given composition.
- Understanding of scale and proportions.
- Drawing from memory through pencil sketch on themes from day to day experiences.
- The answer to each question in the drawing paper will be examined by more than one examiner independently. The part B, drawing test will be examined on the basis of the candidate’s drawing, imagination, sense of proportion and Observation skills and the sense of color and composition.
Instructions to fill the Application form of NATA 2018
The NATA 2018 application form will most probably be released in the month of January 2018. The application form will be released on the official website of NATA at nata.nic.in Before filling the application form, candidates must read the eligibility norms as prescribed by the council. The candidates have to pay the application fee for the aptitude test.
The application fee for all the candidates irrespective of their category and gender is Rs. 1250/-
The applicants will be able to submit the application fee through Debit/Credit card or net banking or by challan from ICICI bank.
The application form will be filled in three steps i.e, Personal Details, Document Uploading, and Fee payment. The candidates should follow each and every step to fill the application form.
- Firstly, visit the official website at nata.nic.in
- Candidates need to register themselves by filling the personal details and after submitting the details the system will generate the application number and then candidates needs to choose the password. The password should be easy so that candidate must remember it for future use.
- After that upload the scanned images in the prescribed format.
- The last step is to pay the application fee through the mentioned methods.
- After filling all the details, a confirmation page will be generated after the successful submission of the NATA 2018 application form. Its generation shall confirm that the candidate has successfully Registered for the examination.
- To read the application form details in the more elaborate form. Candidates must go through the article and click on the quick links mentioned below.
Admit Card for NATA 2018
The admit card of NATA 2018 shall be generated for those candidates only who have registered themselves and paid the application fees successfully. Candidates will be able to download the admit card from NATA official website at nata.nic.in. An examination roll number will also be generated along with the admit card for the eligible candidates. The admit card shall indicate the date, time and venue of the aptitude test. The candidates must bring the copy of the admit card along with the Identical one copy of (a) Original photograph (same as uploaded) and (b) One photo identity card e.g. Voter Card, Pan Card, Aadhar Card, Driving Licence to the examination hall. No candidate will be allowed to enter the examination hall without the valid admit card and identity proof.
NATA 2018 Result
NATA 2018 results will be published on the official website of NATA after the successful commencement of the aptitude test. It will be released in the 2nd week of June 2018. To check the results candidate need to visit the official website at nata.nic.in The result will be published in the form of score card which will indicate the marks of the candidate in the Aptitude Test. Candidates shall be able to know their performance in three forms that are given below:
- Marks obtained out of 200
- Merit list
- Percentile scores based on marks
The cutoff has been decided by Council of Architecture.To get admission in B.Arch candidate must satisfy the below- mentioned cutoff marks.
|MCQ||25% (30 out of 120)|
|Drawing||25% (20 out of 80)|
|Overall Qualifying marks||Overall qualifying marks will be based on post exam statistics.|
CLICK HERE FOR COMPLETE DETAILS OF NATA APPLICATION FORM
There are identified NATA test centers in several cities in India. A list of the same is given here. In order to confirm and assign a particular center, there should be at least 250 students taking test there.The list provided here is as per the last year data.
Following is the list of examination cities.
Note: Final retention of city depends on availability/requests.
- Those opting for Dubai as their first choice of Exam city need to fill up two more choices mandatorily.
- Dubai may be dropped as an exam city in case of inadequate number (less than 300) of candidates.
- The candidates allotted to exam centre in Dubai as per their first choice, will be liable to pay an additional fee of INR 7000 per candidate prior to issuance of Admit Card.
- The mode of payment of aforesaid additional fee would be notified in due course. Dubai cannot be chosen as second or third choice of exam city.
If you have any queries regarding NATA, please ask in comments below.
For more information on NATA 2017, you can download information brochure here.