|Times Group Bennett University Admission 2018||Apply Now for UG / PG Courses|
COA is conducting NATA 2018 for UG architecture admissions. NATA 2018 complete details including exam date, registration, syllabus, eligibility, admit card, result is available here. National Aptitude Test in Architecture determines the aptitude of the applicant for the drawing and observation skills, sense of proportion, aesthetic sensitivity, Mathematics and critical thinking ability. Council of Architecture (CoA) will conduct the exam in 135 cities of India and in Dubai. The application form for NATA is available from January 18, 2018. The forms will only be availbale online and the candidates should only apply if they fulfil the elligibility criteria. Candidates can check complete details about NATA 2018, online registration, eligibility criteria, syllabus, exam pattern, and more from this page.
Last year, 42,098 registered for NATA and 37,246 appeared for the exam. The total number of qualified candidates in the exam was 24,540. Candidates aiming to appear for the exam this year should keep track of the table given below:-
|Release of Information Brochure||03 Jan 2018|
|Availability of Online Application Form NATA 2018|
|Registration will end on||02 Mar 2018|
|Download of NATA 2018 Admit Card||02 Apr 2018|
|Date of Examination||29 Apr 2018|
|Declaration of Result||01 Jun 2018|
Apart from NATA, another national level examination through which candidates can get admission in B.Arch / B.Planning courses is JEE Main Paper 2.
NATA 2018 Mock Test
Mock test for the NATA exam is available on the official website. Candidates can give the test through the direct link provided below.
Mock Test: Click Here to give the mock test of NATA.
NATA 2018 Application form
The application form of NATA can only be filled in the online mode. Before filling the application form, candidates must read the eligibility norms as prescribed by the council of Architecture. The application form will be filled majorly with three steps i.e, Personal Details, Document Uploading, and Fee payment. The candidates should follow every step carefully to fill the application form.
- Access the link on this page.
- Candidates then need to register themselves by filling the personal details and after submitting the details the system will generate the application number and then candidates need to choose the password. The password should be easy so that candidate must remember it for future use.
- After that upload scanned images in the prescribed format.
- The last step is to pay the application fee through the mentioned methods.
- After filling all the details, a confirmation page will be generated after the successful submission of the NATA 2018 application form. Its generation shall confirm that the candidate has successfully Registered for the examination.
Application Fee: The application fee to be paid by the candidates is as follows:
- Rs. 1800 but candidates belonging to SC / ST category need to pay Rs. 1500.
The amount of application fee can only be paid via electronic payment gateway like Debit Card, Credit Card or Net Banking.
NATA 2018 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates aspiring to appear for NATA must fulfil the following eligibility criteria:
To Appear for NATA – The candidates should have either:
- Qualified 10+2 or equivalent examination.
- Or, the candidates must possess a 10+3 Diploma degree in any stream. The degree must be recognized by Central / State Govt.
- Or, the candidates should have passes International Baccalaureate Diploma, after 10 years of Schooling.
Eligibility for B.Arch Admission: The above is the criteria to appear for NATA 2018. However, to be eligible for admission, the candidates must:
- Have qualified a national level architecture exam.
- In the qualifying examination, the minimum aggregate marks of the candidates should be 50%, with Mathematics as a mandatory subject.
NATA 2018 Admit Card
The admit card of NATA 2018 will be issued to the candidates who have registered themselves and paid the application fees successfully. Candidates will be able to download the admit card from NATA official website at nata.nic.in. An examination roll number will also be given along with the admit card for the eligible candidates. The admit card shall indicate the date, time and venue of the aptitude test.
The candidates must bring the copy of the admit card along with the Identical copy of the following, with the admit card:
- Original photograph (same as uploaded)
- One photo identity card e.g. Voter Card, Pan Card, Aadhar Card, Driving Licence to the examination hall.
A print out of the Confirmation page will not provide admittance to the Test Centre to take the examination and you will not be allowed to enter the examination hall without the valid admit card and identity proof. Candidates are advised to retain their admit cards carefully in secured place in undamaged condition in all respects as stated above till the completion of admission procedure.
NATA 2018 Exam Pattern
Knowing the exam pattern is beneficial for candidates, as they get to know the structure of the exam beforehand. The candidates can check the complete exam pattern of NATA 2018 from below:
Language – The question paper will be in the English Language.
Parts in Exam – The question paper will be divided into Part A and Part B.
Mode of Exam – Part A will be an online examination, whereas, Part B of the examination will be for drawing.
Negative Marking – No negative marking.
The candidates can check question and marks distribution in NATA 2018 from the table below.
|Subject||Number of Questions||Marks Per Question||Total Marks|
|General Aptitude||40 MCQ||2||80|
|Drawing||2 (Draw on an A-4 Sheet)||40||80|
In Part B, the candidates will be assessed on the basis of:
- Ability to sketch an object in visually appealing manner.
- Visualising and drawing the effects of light on the object and shadows cast on surroundings;
- Sense of perspective drawing
- Combining and composing given three-dimensional elements to form a building or structure for
- Creating interesting two dimensional composition using given shapes and forms
- Creating visual harmony using colours in given composition;
- Understanding of scale and proportions
- Drawing from memory through pencil sketch on themes from day to day experiences. In Part B, The candidates will be assessed on the basis of their sketching ability of a given object and rendering it in the similar visual appealing manner.
NATA 2018 Exam Centers
These are identified NATA test centers in several cities of India. A list of the same is given here. In order to confirm and assign a particular center more than 250 students must be taking the test from there. The list provided here is as per this year Information Brochure.
Following is the list of examination cities.
Note: Final retention of the city depends on availability/requests.
- Those opting for Dubai as their first choice of Exam city need to fill up two more choices mandatorily.
- The candidates choosing exam centre in Dubai as per their first choice, shall be liable to pay an additional fee of INR 8000 per candidate during the application process.
- The mode of payment of the aforesaid additional fee would be notified in due course.
- Dubai cannot be chosen as the second or third choice of exam city.
NATA Answer Key 2018
The answer key of NATA 2018 will be released for the Part A of the examination. No answer key will be provided for the Drawing test because it is subjective in nature. The candidates will be able to use the answer key to assess their performance in Part A and to know how much they will score in the examination.
- Candidates can check the previous year NATA Answer Key from – Here
NATA 2018 Result
NATA 2018 results will be published on June 1, 2018, on the official website of NATA after the successful commencement of the aptitude test. It will be released as per the scheduled date. No review will be available for the drawing test. Further, there will be no provision for post-publication scrutiny and /or review request after the publication of the result. To check the results candidate need to visit the official website at nata.nic.in.The result will be published in the form of score card which will indicate the marks of the candidate in the Aptitude Test. Candidates shall be able to know their performance in the given format that is given below:
- Marks obtained in each component and out of 200
The Qualifying marks have been decided by the Council of Architecture.To get admission in B.Arch candidate must satisfy the mentioned criteria-
|MCQ||Minimum 25% (30 out of 120)|
|Drawing||Minimum 25% (20 out of 80)|
|Overall Qualifying marks||Overall qualifying marks will be based on post-exam statistics and at the discretion of the council.|
NATA 2018 Contact Details:
Address: Council of Architecture
India Habitat Centre, Core 6A, 1st Fl, Lodhi Road, New Delhi – 110 003.
Telephone Number: (011) 79412100 Fax: (011) 24647746
Helpdesk E-mail ID: [email protected]
For more information on NATA 2018, you can download information brochure.