NATA 2020 Result – CoA declares NATA result online at its website, nata.in. To check the result, application number and password is needed. It is released by online mode only which consist of marks obtained in each part of the exam and out of 200 and their status (pass / fail). To pass part A, candidates need to obtain 32 marks and 18 marks are required to qualify Part B. Qualified candidates are then eligible to apply for admission in the universities/ institutions/ colleges offering B.Arch programme. Learn more about NATA 2020 result from this page.
NATA 2020 Result
The result for NATA 2020 is declared in the form of a scorecard. NATA 2020 score is valid for admission in the session 2020-2021. Check the schedule for the declaration of NATA 2020 result from the table below.
|NATA 2020 Result||April Session||July Session|
|NATA 2020 Exam Date|
01 Aug 2020
29 Aug 2020
|Declaration of NATA 2020 Result|
Check here: Candidates can check NATA 2020 result as per the schedule from the official website, nata.in.
Compilation Of NATA 2020 Result
The compilation of NATA 2020 result is done based on the following:
- Since Part A is drawing test hence there is no marking scheme for it. However, the assessment of the candidate is done based on their understanding of scale and proportion of objects, conceptualization and visualization, sketching, etc.
- The score for PART is, however, calculate based on the marking scheme. For a correct answer, 1.5 marks are added and no marks are deducted for an incorrect.
- Marks for Part A and Part B is compiled and the total score obtained by the candidate is calculated.
NATA 2020 Cut Off
CoA has specified the cut off marks required by the candidate in order to qualify NATA 2020 exam. Candidates can check the same from the table below.
|Name of the section||Cutoff percentage||Cutoff marks|
|Section A||25%||32 out of 125|
|Section B||25%||18 out of 75|
|Overall||decided after the exam||decided after the exam|
The overall cutoff marks from the last 2 years are given below:
|2019||70 out of 200|
|2018||70 out of 200|
The candidates who qualify the overall cutoff and the section wise cutoff are declared as qualified in NATA.
How to Check NATA Result 2020?
Candidates can follow the steps below to view/ download their NATA 2020 result:
Step 1: Click on the direct link on this page to check NATA result.
Step 2: You can check the below given window that opens. Enter your application number and password and click on the login button.
Step 3: Your NATA 2020 result is displayed in the next window. You must download it and take its multiple printouts for admission/ counselling procedure.
Details in NATA 2020 Scorecard
There is a certain format decided by the governing authority. It is in that format, candidates can view their NATA result 2020.
The scorecard for NATA 2020 consists of the following information:
- Name of the candidate
- Name of father
- Name of mother
- Date of birth
- Application number
- Roll Number
- Marks obtained in each paper
- Total marks in each paper
- Aggregate marks
- Qualifying marks
- Qualified or not qualified status
- Sign of Registrar
Re-evaluation of NATA 2020 Result
There is no provision of re-checking of the NATA 2020 result. However, candidates shall get the option to request for re-checking of their response sheet with a minimal online payment. The conducting body (COA) uploads the response sheet of candidates before announcing the result. It is only available for the Part-A of the examination.
Admission to B.Arch Course via NATA 2020 Score
Just qualifying for the NATA 2020 will not be sufficient as the candidates need to even ensure that they fulfill the other criteria as well.
- Marks requirement of 50% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics each and on average.
- Must have passed 10+3 level of their diploma exam with Mathematics as a core subject with at least 50% of marks in average.
- No direct lateral entry admission is provided under NATA 2020 based on any qualification. Such candidates are requested not to apply.
Note: As per CoA norms, the Institution may give a maximum weightage of 50% to marks obtained in NATA and a maximum weightage of 50% to marks obtained in qualifying examination i.e. 10+2 examination.
Colleges Accepting NATA 2020 Score
The candidate who qualifies as per the NATA 2020 result can get admission to some of the best architecture colleges of India, a few of which are listed below.
- Jawaharlal Nehru Architecture and Fine Arts University
- Manipal Academy of Higher Education
- CEPT University
- Dignity College of Architecture
- Rizvi College of Architecture
- Chandigarh College of Architecture
- Vastu Kala Academy College of Architecture, New Delhi
- Indian Institute of Engineering Science and Technology, Shibpur
- Jadavpur University, Kolkata
- Vellore Institute of Technology, Vellore
- SRM Institute of Science and Technology, Chennai
- Andhra University College of Engineering, Visakhapatnam
- Nirma University, Ahmedabad
- Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda, Vadodara
- Chitkara University, Patiala
- Ramaiah Institute of Technology, Bangalore
About NATA 2020
National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA), is conducted by the Council of Architecture since the year 2006. It is a National Level Entrance Exam conducted at various test centres all over India. The exam is mandatory for all the eligible candidates who want to get admission into B.Arch programme at all recognized Institutions of India. The mode of the exam is both Online and Offline. The exam consists of two parts – Part A and Part B. Part A have 120 MCQs which has to be answered in the span of 1 hour. Part B has 2 practical questions related to drawing which has to be drawn in the span of 2 hours.
The candidates who qualified the exam can appear for the admission into B.Arch as per their preferred institutions. CoA has decided to conduct the exam twice in a year as per the last year’s exam session. All the information related to the exam releases on the official website. Candidates can apply for NATA 2020 via Online mode only as per the schedule.
The Council of Architecture (CoA) was constituted by Govt. of India under the Architects Act 1972. The responsibility of the Council of Architecture is to maintain a register of all the architects on a national basis. Apart from that, CoA also regulates the Architecture education and practice of Architects in India. It also conducts the National Aptitude Test in Architecture at a National level every year. Candidates have to pass this exam to get admission into any of the recognized institute / college / university of India.
NATA 2020 Result Frequently Asked Questions
Ans : Candidates will have to score 140 to 160 in NATA 2020 examination to get a good rank.
Ans : Candidates must score at least 25% marks in MCQ section (30 out of 120) and at least 25% marks in Drawing Questions (20 out of 80) to get a good rank in NATA 2020 examination.
Ans : Candidate can make use of the NATA 2020 scorecard up to two years for attaining admission in their choice of institution.
Ans : No, NATA 2020 examination shall not have any negative marking for wrong answers.
Ans : After the release of the Score card for NATA 2020 examination candidates can not get their Result revised. Review of Result is only allowed at the time of the availability of Response sheet.
Ans : No NATA score is not applicable for any other examination and for SPA’S candidates will have to attempt JEE Mains Paper 2.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.