NATA 2021 Syllabus – CoA prescribes the NATA syllabus. From 2021, the NATA syllabus goes through changes. From this page, you can check the NATA 2021 syllabus as per the new exam pattern. Unlike any other entrance examination, NATA is an Aptitude test that assesses a candidate’s innate ability through a variety of testing formats and cannot be taught, learnt or induced. Hence, there can be no fixed syllabus or pattern as aptitude can be measured through various testing formats/techniques. Aptitude will be tested for the chosen field of study, which in this case is Architecture.
NATA 2021 Syllabus
Check the methods and techniques that shall be used to test the candidate’s aptitude.
- Diagrammatic Reasoning: Tests the logical reasoning ability, using diagrams and scenarios
- Numerical Reasoning: Tests the mathematical ability through simple problems
- Verbal Reasoning: Judges the candidates on their ability to assess verbal logic
- Inductive Reasoning: Tests the ability of the candidates to see patterns and analyze the given data
- Situational Judgement: Tests the candidate’s problem-solving ability
- Logical Reasoning: Tests the ability of the candidates to recognize patterns, sequences or relationships between shapes and imagery
- Abstract Reasoning: Tests the candidate’s general knowledge and ability to utilize knowledge in new situations
Questions will also be asked from various topics that assesses the candidate’s understanding of basic concepts in:
- Language and Perception
- Elements and Principles of Design
- Aesthetic Sensitivity
- Colour Theory
- Lateral Thinking and Logical Reasoning
- Visual Perception and Cognition
- Graphics and Imagery
- Building Anatomy and Architectural Vocabulary
- Basic Techniques of Building Construction and Knowledge of Material
- General Knowledge
- Current Affairs etc
Note: The questions are not limited to be framed from the above-mentioned topics and can differ at the time of examination.
NATA 2021 Exam Pattern
NATA is a computer-based test. Check the other details of the exam given below.
- Duration: The duration of the test is 3 hours
- Type of questions: There test will have multiple-choice questions, multiple-select questions, preferential choice type questions, and numerical answer type questions
- No. of questions: There are total 125 questions in the test
- Maximum marks: The test is of total 200 marks
- Medium of test: The question paper will be available in English language
- Marking Scheme: The questions will be of either 01 mark / 2 marks / 3 marks
Distribution of questions
|No. of questions||Marks for each question||Total marks|
|Total = 125||200|
Books to Prepare According to NATA 2021 Syllabus
Talking about helpful books, you can find them online. Here we have mentioned some of the most recommended books for NATA 2021:
|Study Guide for B.Arch 2021||Buy here|
|Nata Exam Full Package||Buy here|
|NATA Preparation Book : The Road to Becoming An Architect Begins Here||Buy here|
|NATA/B.ARCH. Architecture Entrance Question Bank||Buy here|
|NATA Mock Test Series 2021-22||Buy here|
|NATA & B. ARCH Complete Self Study Material: Entrance Examination||Buy here|
NATA 2021 Frequently Asked Question
Unlike any other entrance examination, NATA is an Aptitude test that assesses a candidate’s innate ability through a variety of testing formats and cannot be taught, learnt or induced. Hence, there can be no fixed syllabus or pattern as aptitude can be measured through various testing formats/techniques. Aptitude will be tested for the chosen field of study, which in this case is Architecture.
No. Drawing test does not form a component in NATA 2021. Knowledge gained in the required subjects of study such as mathematics, physics and geometry over the years of schooling as well as in the areas of logical reasoning and general aptitude will be tested as relevant to Architecture as a field of study.
Knowledge gained in the required subjects of study such as Mathematics, Geometry and Physics over the years of schooling will be tested as relevant to the field of Architecture. The candidates will be tested on their overall knowledge of concepts only.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.