Panjab University, Chandigarh has released notification from eligible candidates for admission to various Post Graduate Admission through Panjab University Common Entrance Test (CET) conducted by Panjab University for the academic year 2017-18. Candidates can check the complete information regarding PU CET (PG) 2017 application process, admit card, eligibility criteria and other important information on this page below.
PU CET (PG) 2017
PU CET (PG) 2017 will be conducted the entrance exam for admission in Panjab University. Candidates appeared in the exam can check their result from the official website.
The University will publish Merit List of the candidates for all courses on the basis of attainment of a minimum of 20% (15% in case of candidates belonging to SC/ ST/BC/PwD) of aggregate of maximum marks in the Entrance Testtaken as a whole.
Schedule for the PU CET (PG) 2017 is given below.
|Date of Availability of PU CET (PG) Application Form||28 Apr 2017
|Last date for submission of online application||24 May 2017
|Availability of Admit Card online||03 Jun 2017
|Date of holding Entrance Test||10 Jun to 11 Jun 2017|
|Uploading of Answer Key and inviting Objections (through e-mail only)||20 Jun 2017
|Last date of submission of objections to the Answer Key||22 Jun 2017|
|Declaration of Result||27 Jun to 03 Jul 2017|
Note: – This is for the information of the candidates in particular and public in general that those candidates who had deposited their fee for PU – CET (P.G.) Entrance Test- 2017 well in time but could not complete their forms online should contact the Assistant Registrar, CET Cell, Aruna Ranjit Chandra Hall, Panjab University on 6th June 2017 from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. The candidates should bring scanned photograph alongwith signature and fee slip in Pen Drive/ CD. No further communication in this regard will be entertained thereafter.
PU CET (PG) 2017 Eligibility Criteria & Exam Pattern
Master of Laws (L.L.M. One-Year Course and L.L.M. Two year Course) (Semester System)
A person who has passed one of the following examinations shall be eligible after qualifying the entrance test to join the first semester class of the LL.M. Course:
- LL.B. 3 Year Degree/ B.A. LL.B. / B.Com. LL.B. 5 Years degree examination of this University with minimum 55% marks (50% in case of SC/ST/BC candidates); OR
- Any equivalent examination of another University recognized by the Syndicate for this purpose
Exam Pattern : The duration of the Entrance Test will be of 1 hour and 30 minutes. The Entrance Test will be of 100 marks. The questions will be based upon following four components:
|Constitution Law, Administrative Law, Service Law,
Environmental Law and Human Rights.
|50 MCQ (1 Mark Each)|
|Indian Penal Code (IPC), Cr. Pr. Code and Law of
|15 MCQ (1 Mark Each)|
|Jurisprudence||10 MCQ (1 Mark Each)|
|Family Law, Law of Contract, Law of Torts, Public
International Law, Labour Laws and Company Law
|25 MCQ (1 Mark Each)|
Master of Computer Applications (M.C.A. Three Year Course) (Semester System) and (M.C.A. Evening Self Financing Course)
The minimum qualification for admission to the first year of the course shall be:
- A recognized first degree of minimum three Years’ duration in any discipline from Panjab University with at least 50% marks and with Mathematics at 10+2 or at graduation level (all three Years); Or
- B.C.A. from Panjab University with 50% marks Or
- Any examination recognized by the Panjab University as equivalent to any of the above examinations i) or ii)
Exam Pattern : The test of 1 hour 30 minutes duration shall contain 75 Objective Type (Multiple choice questions with four responses i.e. A, B, C, & D) carrying one mark each.
M.A. Journalism and Mass Communication (Semester System/ Two-Year Course)
The Entrance Test is open to all such candidates who have any one of the following qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s degree obtaining at least 45% marks in the subject of Journalism and Mass Communication or Bachelor’s degree in any subject attaining atleast 50% marks in theaggregate of this University or any other University the examination of which has been recognized as equivalent thereto. OR
- BA/BSc with Honours in Journalism and Mass Communication. OR
- Master’s Degree examination in any subject of this University or any other University the examination of which has been recognized as equivalent thereto.
Exam Pattern : The test of 1 hour and 30 minutes duration will comprise of Objective & Subjective Type Questions for 65 marks out of the total 75 marks. The remaining 10 marks would be divided equally between the group discussion and interview to be held consequent to the entrance test. The test will be divided into five following components: 1. Article writing on current events 2. Precis writing 3. Feature, writing on personalities, reviews etc. 4. English Comprehension 5. Interpretative passage
Master in Public Health
Bachelor’s degree in any discipline with at least 50% marks from recognized University/Institute..
Exam Pattern : The duration of the Entrance Test will be 1 hour 30 minutes and it will consist of 75 multiplechoice questions of one mark each. There will be 25 from Biological Sciences, 10 from Social Sciences, 25 from Health Sciences and Medical Vocabulary, 15 on Environment Sciences.
- A person shall be eligible only if:- 1. he/she has a Bachelor’s Degree with atleast 50% marks in the aggregate.
- he/she has passed in Geography in the B.A. or B.Sc. examination obtaining at least 45% marks; OR has obtained Post-graduate diploma in Cartography with atleast second division.
Exam Pattern : The duration of the Entrance Test will be 1 hour 30 minutes and it will consist of 75 multiple choice questions of one mark each.
To know more about Eligibility criteria for various courses candidates refer to Information Brochure given on the bottom of the page.
For more details of PU CET (PG) 2017 – Download Information Brochure.
PU-CET (P.G.) Admission
Assistant Registrar, CET Cell
Panjab University, Sector 14
Chandigarh – 160 014
E-mail: [email protected]