|Exam||Last Date||Apply Now|
|CAT||20 Sep 2017||Click Here|
|NMAT||03 Oct 2017||Click Here|
|SNAP||24 Nov 2017||Click Here|
|XAT||30 Nov 2017||Click Here|
AICE SRF PGS 2017 – The Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) has announced result. Online applications were invited from Indian Nationals, in the prescribed format, for 22nd AIEEA 2017 to fill 15% seats for Bachelor degrees (100% for NDRI Karnal, RLB CAU, Jhansi, and Dr. RP CAU, Pusa, Bihar) and 25% seats for Master degrees (100% seats for ICAR Deemed-to-be-Universities, viz., IARI, IVRI, NDRI and CIFE + Dr. RPCAU, Pusa Bihar) for Master degrees in universities under ICAR-AU system including Central Agricultural University Imphal; Central Universities with Agricultural faculty (B.H.U., ViswaBharati, Nagaland University, A.M.U. for the academic session 2017-18.
Latest news is that ICAR has released the AICE SRF PGS 2017 result & allotment letter. Check all the details below.
AICE SRF PGS 2017
The admissions will be done in the accredited programmes of accredited colleges under the accredited Agricultural Universities only. AIEEA-UG-2017 does not include admission to Bachelor degree programme in Veterinary Sciences. All India Competitive Examination for centralized admission to 25% seats for Ph.D. degree programmes in the field of Agriculture and Allied Sciences will also be conducted along with AIEEA-PG-2017 in AUs and 100% seats of Dr. RP CAU, Pusa, Bihar (other than IARI, IVRI, NDRI & CIFE) and the award of Junior/Senior Research Fellowship (JRF/SRF-PGS).
AIEEA SRF 2017 Result – Cut Off
ICAR has released previous year cut off to know chances of admission. Click Here to check previous year ranks (with cutoffs) at which admission was given in various courses of AIEEA SRF.
Schedule for the AICE SRF PGS 2017 is given below.
|Commencement of Online Application submission||20 Apr 2017|
|Last date of online application|
|e-Admit card information (on ICAR website)||Last week of May 2017|
|Date of Entrance Examination||11 Jun 2017|
|Declaration of result|
|e-Admit card information (on ICAR website)||07 Jul 2017, First round (Tentative)
17 Jul 2017, Second round (Tentative)
27 Jul 2017, Third round, if need arises (Tentative)
The result of the AICE-SRF(PGS)-2017 has been declared on 05.07.2017 and will be placed on the ICAR website. The copies of the result will also be displayed at the Examination Cell of the Indian Council of Agricultural Research, Krishi Anusandhan Bhavan II, Pusa, New Delhi-110 012. No separate intimation will be made to those candidates who fail to qualify in this examination. No queries in this regard, whatsoever, will be entertained from such candidates.
To Get Result & Allotment Letter – Click here
No Re-Checking/Re-Evaluation of OMR Answer Sheets
No representation for re-evaluation/re-checking shall be entertained as answer sheets of the AICESRF(PGS) examination are in the format of OMR sheets which are evaluated through computerized scanning/processing. However, the candidate may be allowed to inspect his/her own OMR Answer Sheet along with Answer Key or given a copy thereof, if such representation/request is submitted by the candidate in his or her own handwriting and signature within 10 days from the date of declaration of result on ICAR website along with a copy of e-admit card, copy of computer generated confirmation page of online application and Demand Draft of Rs. 500/- drawn in favour of “Secretary, ICAR Education Division Revolving Fund” payable at New Delhi.
Method of Selection
The candidates declared/notified as qualified for counseling, based on their merit-rank, shall register for online counseling as per counseling instructions given at Annexure–XIV. Candidate shall forfeit the claim for admission if he/she, does not register for counseling within specified date and time. Candidate who has not been declared/notified as qualified for counseling, shall not be considered for admission on ICAR seats in any AU at any stage.
Candidate will be recommended for admission in the accredited sub-subject (as opted and specified on the OMR Answer Sheet) under the Major Subject Group at the accredited AU on the basis of merit in the competitive examination and availability of seats at his/her rank at the time of online counseling. ICAR-JRF/SRF (PGS) will be awarded based on merit rank in the Subsubject opted for admission, and availability of seat for that sub-subject in the desired university.
List of original documents with self-attested photocopies, photographs to be produced at the time of admission in the allotted university:
- Proof of date of birth – High School/Class X/Matriculation certificate.
- All Certificates and Mark sheets,/grade reports in original, related to UG/Bachelor’s degree.
- All Certificates and Mark sheets/grade reports in original, related to PG/Master’s degree.
- Candidates reporting for the admission must have Degree/Provisional Degree Certificate (PDC) of completion of Master’s degree programme.
- E-admit Card, hard copy of Online application Form and letter issued by the ICAR to qualified candidates related to admission.
- Three recent and clear passport size colour photographs (bearing name of the candidate and date) same as uploaded on onlne application
- Aadhaar card or 28 digit Aadhaar Enrolment ID copy or in case of candidates from J&K, Assam & Meghalaya, a copy of passport /ration card /bank passbook or any other valid Govt. Identity card as applicable.
- Domicile certificate in case of candidates from States/Union Territories, viz. Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Arunachal Pradesh, Dadra & Nagar Haveli, Daman and Diu, Goa, Lakshadweep, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim and Tripura for UPS categories.
- In case of candidates from SC, ST, UPS and OBC (NCL) categories, original certificates as per Central Govt. requirements and issued by Competent Authority.
- Medical certificate in case of Physically Challenged (PC) candidate issued by Medical Officer of any Government Hospital along with description of the kind and the degree of disability.
- Sponsorship Certificate/Declaration by Employer of the Candidate (for in- service candidates).
Admission through Online Counseling
There will be online counseling only. The candidates declared qualified for counseling for consideration of admission to the Agricultural Universities would be generally larger than the number of seats available, provided they have achieved a minimum of 50% marks for General and UPS categories and a minimum of 40% marks for SC/ST/PC categories in the Entrance examination. For OBC (NCL), it will be as per Supreme Court directives in this regard. The competent authority (DDG, Agril. Edn.) may relax the minimum qualifying marks in case the required number of candidates to be called for counseling are not available.
Admission through ICAR Counselling
Based on the overall merit-rank, the candidate is allowed to take admission in a specific degree programme at an AU as per his/her choice and the availability of seat at that merit rank through the process of counseling as explained at item 12.0. In the matter of allotment/admission of candidates to respective AUs, the decision of the ICAR/AU concerned shall be final. Once a candidate accepts admission/joins an AU, he/she will be a bonafide student of that AU and thereafter, be governed by all the academic rules/regulations including migration, as applicable at that university. ICAR will not entertain any direct request from the candidates in any such matters thereafter.
- Once recommendation for admission is finalized, change in the placement of subject/university or transfer/migration would not be permissible under any circumstances. ICAR will have no responsibility for change of subject/university after the counseling. No correspondence in this respect will be entertained. Canvassing of any kind may invite cancellation of admission.
- Candidate selected for admission through AICE-SRF(PGS)-2017, conducted by ICAR, may seek admission only during the session for which the examination has been conducted. He/she will not be entitled for admission in subsequent sessions based on this year’s examination and thus cannot claim for seat allotment in other sessions/years based on this examination.
- Female candidates admitted through this examination on ICAR seats should be accommodated, to the extent possible, in the main campus of the University or in the campus located in a major city where there are adequate facilities for the stay of female students
- In case, at any stage, the documents submitted by the candidate are found to be fake/forged, admission of the candidate will be forfeited and he/she shall be liable for consequential legal action.
- If any candidate/person engages in act(s) that might possibly lead to the leakage of question paper (s), or attempt to use or help in the use of unfair means in the examination, he/she will be liable to legal action under the Indian Penal Code, and his/her candidature would stand forfeited.
- Any external pressure/canvassing by the candidate for admission will be treated as disqualification and his/her admission will be cancelled forthwith.
AICE Previous Year Cut Off
Candidates who are seeking admission into AICE can check the previous year cut offs to get an idea about their chances for admission. The direct link to check the webpage to check the previous year cut off has been provided below. Candidates are required to make selections of course , college & Rank obtained after which the cut off will appear accordingly.
- Click here to check the AICE Previous year Cut Offs
Indian nationals having passed Master’s Degree programme securing an Overall Grade Point Average (OGPA) of at least 6.50/10.00 scale, 3.25/5.00 scale, 2.60/4.00 scale for General, OBC (NCL) and UPS Categories and 5.50/10.00, 2.75/5.00, 2.20/4.00 scale for SC/ST/Physically Challenged (PC) categories, respectively from any recognized University in India and abroad would be eligible. In other cases, where grade-points are not awarded and only marks are awarded, the candidate must have secured at least 60% marks for General, OBC (NCL) and UPS category. For SC/ST/PC candidates, the minimum percentage of marks will be 50%. Where OGPA is awarded, equivalence between OGPA and % marks will not be acceptable.
The candidates must complete the postgraduate degree in all respects and produce the degreecompletion certificate from the Registrar to this effect on the date of Counseling failing which they will not be considered for admission and the award of fellowship. The admission and fellowship would be granted only when the candidate seeks admission through counseling conducted by ICAR and pursues Ph.D. degree in an AU, except an ICAR-DU, where 100 % seats will be filled-in through its own separate national level entrance examination.
Further, for seeking admission with ICAR-JRF/SRF(PGS), as well as without fellowship, it would be mandatory for the candidate to pursue Ph.D. degree in an AU other than the one from where he/she has obtained Bachelor’s or Master’s degree, i.e. the candidate should not have obtained more than two degrees (including pursuing of Ph.D.) from the same AU. The above eligibility conditions will also apply to in-service candidates. It is the sole responsibility of the candidate to check his/her eligibility for AICE-JRF/SRF(PGS) examination before applying. ICAR will not be held responsible for refusing admission and/or ICAR-JRF/SRF(PGS) to any ineligible candidate. The candidates please note that:
- Senior Research Fellowship is a financial assistance given by ICAR for pursuing Ph.D. degree in the
field of Agriculture and Allied sciences.
- Merely qualifying the examination will not guarantee JRF/SRF. Only those candidates will be eligible
for JRF/SRF who come in the merit list and after counseling join the University within stipulated time.
- Based upon his/her merit and choice of seat in a particular University, the candidate shall receive a letter of recommendation from ADG(HRD) for admission to Ph.D. degree programme, indicating the
award of JRF/SRF(PGS), if applicable, at the time of online counseling. The Council does not issue a separate certificate to the candidates for the award of JRF/SRF(PGS).
- For certain subjects/courses, the Universities may have different/additional eligibility conditions/criteria than those listed in the following Table. It is the responsibility of the candidate to check his/her eligibility at the time of counseling with the official(s) of the University where admission is desired. The list of Universities along with the contact details of Registrars for seeking admission to Ph.D. programmes is given at Annexure-VI.
- The in-service candidates qualifying for admission will arrange for study leave/leave of the kind due from their respective organizations themselves and ICAR will not intervene in this regard.
- The in-service candidates must be working in ICAR Institutes, DUs, SAUs, CAUs, CUs having faculty of agriculture, Central Government/State Government Departments dealing in Agriculture and Allied Sectors and Public Sector Undertakings dealing with Agriculture and Allied Sectors (Annexure
- In-service candidates desirous of admission in ICAR-DUs should appear in the national level
entrance examination conducted by the respective DU.
AICE SRF PGS 2017 e-Admit Card 2017
e-Admit Card will be uploaded on the ICAR website by the last week of May, 2017. In case of any problem related to e-Admit card, please contact COE (Agril. Edn.) or concerned Nodal Officer on telephone after last week of May, 2017. This copy of e-Admit Card must be self-attested by the candidate and brought to the Examination Hall along with Aadhaar card or 28 digit Aadhaar Enrolment ID copy or in case of candidates from J&K, Assam & Meghalaya, a copy of passport/ration card/bank passbook or any other valid Govt. Identity card as applicable, for appearing in the examination. Candidate may note that without these documents he/she will not be allowed to appear in the examination. Candidate is advised to preserve this e-Admit card till completion of counseling and admission process in the allotted AU.
How to download AICE SRF PGS Admit Card?
- Candidates have to visit the official website of ICAR or click on direct link will be provided above as per official announcement.
- Click on the AICE SRF PGS Admit Card link.
- Candidates have to enter Registration no and Password as per the requirement.
- As soon as the details are entered, the candidates will be able to view their Examination Hall ticket / e-Admit card.
- Take the Printout of their Admit Card.
In case of any difficulty in obtaining the Roll No./examination venue from the ICAR website, the candidate is advised to contact the Nodal Officer of the respective Examination City center, two days before the scheduled date of examination (see Annexure-III for contact details of Nodal Officers).
The format for the single paper of 3 hrs duration having MCQs (4 options) carrying maximum 200 marks will be as under:
Section A – This section on General Knowledge, common to all the major subjects, will comprise 20 MCQs (Sr. No. 1-20) of one mark each carrying a total of 20 marks. The questions will be designed to test the ability of candidate’s awareness of the environment around him/her and its application to the society and will contain questions on General Knowledge in Agriculture, Animal Husbandry, Dairying, Fisheries and Allied Sciences, etc. including current events and such matters of everyday observation and experience as may be expected to be known to a research scholar.
Section B – This section will comprise of 180 MCQs (Sr. No. 21-200), of one mark each, on a specific Major Subject Group (Code No. 1-16, as applicable, and including syllabus of different sub-subjects listed under that Major Subject Group) chosen by the candidate, carrying a total of 180 marks.
The OMR answer sheets will be evaluated through computer (optical) scanning. There will be negative marking of (-)0.25 marks for each wrong answer.
No candidate will be permitted to enter the examination hall 30 minutes after the actual time of start of examination and no extra time will be given to the candidates entering examination hall after the actual time of start of examination. The candidate who does not possess e-Admit Card and Aadhaar number or 28 digit Aadhaar Enrolment ID or in case of candidates from J&K, Assam & Meghalaya, a passport number/ration card number/bank account number or any other valid Govt. Identity number will not be admitted to the Examination Hall under any circumstances.
|Exam City Centre||Centre code||Exam City Centre||Centre code|
For more details of AICE SRF PGS 2017 – Download Information Brochure.