The Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) is the apex body for coordinating, guiding, and
managing research and education in agriculture in the entire country under the aegis of DARE, Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare. All India Entrance Examination for Admission (AIEEA) will conduct entrance exams for Doctoral Degree Programmes of Agricultural Universities under ICAR-AU system. ICAR has 4 deemed universities, 50 institutes and 17 national research center. Know more about AICE SRF PGS form the article below.
AICE SRF PGS
The examination for AICE SRG PGS is conducted in 16 Major Subject Groups comprising 60 sub-subjects/disciplines at 20 centres in the country to encourage a large number of students to appear in the different disciplines of Agriculture and Allied Sciences. The Doctoral degree programmes are offered in the subject namely:
- Crop Sciences-I, Crop Sciences-II, Crop Sciences-III, Horticulture, Veterinary and Animal Sciences-I, Veterinary and Animal Sciences-II, Veterinary and Animal Sciences-III, Dairy Science, Dairy Technology & Food Technology, Agricultural Engineering and Technology, Home Science (currently renamed as Community Science), Fishery Sciences, Natural Resource Management-I, Natural Resource Management-II, Agricultural Economics & Agri-Business Management, (15) Agricultural Extension and, Agricultural Statistics.
Candidates may refer to the dates of AICE SRF PGS.
|AICE SRF PGS 2018 exam date||18 Aug 2018|
|AICE SRF PGS 2019 exam date||3rd week of Aug 2019|
AICE SRF PGS Eligibility Requirements
Indian Nationals of at least 20 years of age as on August yyyy i.e.examination year, are eligible to apply for the examination. No relaxation is admissible regarding the minimum age limit.
AICE SRF PGS Application Form
The applications forms for AICE SRF PGS is online based. Candidates can submit their applications from the official website of the board or from the direct link given above. Candidates are advised to must check their eligibility before applying for the AICE SRF PGS.
Instructions for filling the Application Form
- The AICE SRF GS applications have to submit in online mode only.
- Applications submitted by any other mode will not be accepted.
- The application will be available on the official website of ICAR at icar.org.in.
- While filling the online form, candidate should upload soft copy of a recent, colour photograph with name and date, thumb impression (his left/her right hand) and signature and send its computer-generated hard copy of the confirmation page, after completing declaration in his/her own handwriting, to COE (Agril. Edn.) by post.
- The application fee can be paid through Debit Card/ Credit Card/ Net banking.
- The candidates should send the print-out of the computer generated confirmation page of the online application along with the proof of fee payment by Speed/Registered post only
The examination is CBT- computer based test or online mode. The entrance examination will be of 3 hours duration in which candidates have to complete multiple choice questions of 200 marks. The paper will be divided into two sections:
Section A: This section will be Official Notification on General Knowledge, common to all the major subjects, will comprise 20 MCQs of one mark each carrying a total of 20 marks. It will contain questions on General Knowledge in Agriculture, Animal Husbandry, Dairying, Fisheries, and Allied Sciences, etc. including current events as may be expected to be known to a research scholar.
Section B: This section will comprise 180 MCQs of one mark each, on a specific Major Subject Group chosen by the candidate, carrying a total of 180 marks.
Negative Marking: There will be a negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer.
AICE SRF PGS Admit Card
- The Admit card for AICE SRF PGS available to download from the official site as per the scheduled date.
- At the examination venue, candidates need to bring the self-attested copy of admit card along with the Aadhaar card or 28 digits Aadhaar Enrolment ID copy.
- In case of candidates from J&K, Assam & Meghalaya, bring a copy of passport/ration card/bank passbook or any other valid Govt. The identity card as applicable, for appearing in the examination.
- Candidates who will not bring the above-mentioned documents in the examination centre, will not be allowed to sit for the entrance test.
- It is advised to candidates to preserve the admit card till the admission process is not over.
- In case if any candidate faces any difficulty in obtaining the Roll Number/examination venue from the ICAR website, it is advised to contact the Nodal Officer of the respective Examination City center, two days before the scheduled date of examination
AICE SRF PGS Result
- The result for AICE SRF PGS is published online on the official website of ICAR.
- The overall merit-rank list shall be prepared separately for every Sub-subject under each Major Subject Group as per the information was given by the candidate in the Answer Sheet.
- The candidate will be declared qualified for counselling on the basis of merit rank in the entrance examination and availability of seats.
AICE SRF PGS Counselling
The AICE SRF PGS counselling conducted in the online mode. The selected candidates will have to appear/ participate by registering themselves on the official website of ICAR. The registration fee by Credit Card/ Debit Card/ Net Banking. At the time of counselling, candidates need to produce all the necessary documents, failing which they will not be allowed to appear for counselling.
Official website: www.icar.org.in.