Indian Council of Agricultural research conducts the All India Competitive Examination (AICE) for admission to Doctoral Degree Programmes of Agricultural Universities under ICAR-AU system and Award of ICAR-JRF/SRF(PGS) in Agriculture & Allied Sciences for Academic Session 2018-19. The application for AICE SRF PGS will be available online only on the official website of ICAR at icar.org.in. A candidates is allowed to submit one application only. The Admit Card for AICE SRF PGS 2018 containing information regarding Roll Number, Centre and Venue of the examination, etc. could be downloaded from the ICAR website by providing the Application Number and Date of Birth. AICE SRF PGS 2018 will be conducted to fill 25% Seats (100% Seats of Dr. RPCAU, Pusa) in Doctoral Degree Programmes of Agricultural Universities and ICAR-JRF/SRF(PGS) in Agriculture & Allied Sciences. ICAR has 4 deemed universities, 50 institutes and17 national research centre. Know more about AICE SRF PGS 2018 form the article below.
AICE SRF PGS 2018
The examination for AICE SRG PGS 2018 shall be conducted in 16 Major Subject Groups comprising 60 sub-subjects/disciplines at 20 centres in the country to encourage a large number of students to appear in the different disciplines of Agriculture and Allied Sciences. The Doctoral degree programmes are offered in the subject namely:
- Crop Sciences-I, Crop Sciences-II, Crop Sciences-III, Horticulture, Veterinary and Animal Sciences-I, Veterinary and Animal Sciences-II, Veterinary and Animal Sciences-III, Dairy Science, Dairy Technology & Food Technology, Agricultural Engineering and Technology, Home Science (currently renamed as Community Science), Fishery Sciences, Natural Resource Management-I, Natural Resource Management-II, Agricultural Economics & Agri-Business Management, (15) Agricultural Extension and, Agricultural Statistics.
Candidates may refer to the tentative schedule prepared as per last year’s information. The date for the academic session 2018 will be updated on this page as soon as the official notification will be released.
|Online Application begins from||03rd week of April 2018|
|Last date for submitting online application||1st week of May 2018|
|Issuance of Admit Card||1st week of May 2018|
|AICE SRF PGS 2018 exam date||13 May 2018|
|Declaration of Result||Last week of June 2018|
|1st round of Counselling (Tentative)||01st week of July 2018|
|2nd round of Counselling (Tentative)||03rd week of July 2018|
|3rd round of Counselling (Tentative)||04th week of July 2018|
AICE SRF PGS 2018 Eligibility Requirements
The candidates must be at least 20 years of age. No relaxation is admissible regarding the minimum age limit.
The candidate must possess a Master’s Degree in the respective required subject.
AICE SRF PGS 2018 Application Form
- The AICE SRF GS applications have to submitted in online mode only.
- Applications submitted by any other mode will not be accepted.
- The application will be available on the official website of ICAR at icar.org.in.
- While filling the online form, candidate should upload soft copy of a recent, colour photograph with name and date, thumb impression (his left/her right hand) and signature and send its computer generated hard copy of the confirmation page, after completing declaration in his/her own handwriting, to COE (Agril. Edn.) by post.
- The application fee can be paid through Debit Card/ Credit Card/ Net banking.
- The candidates should send the print-out of the computer generated confirmation page of the online application along with the proof of fee payment by Speed/Registered post only
|General, OBC (NCL) & UPS||Rs. 1200|
|SC, ST and PC||Rs. 600|
AICE SRF PGS 2018 Admit Card
- The Admit card for AICE SRF PGS 2018 will be uploaded on the official website of ICAR in the last week of May 2018.
- At the examination venue, candidates need to bring the self attested copy of admit card along with the Aadhaar card or 28 digit Aadhaar Enrolment ID copy.
- In case of candidates from J&K, Assam & Meghalaya, bring a copy of passport/ration card/bank passbook or any other valid Govt. Identity card as applicable, for appearing in the examination.
- Candidates who will not bring the above mentioned documents in the examination center, will not be allowed to sit for the entrance test.
- It is advised to candidates to preserve the admit card till the admission process is not over.
- In case if any candidate faces any difficulty in obtaining the Roll Number/examination venue from the ICAR website, it is advised to contact the Nodal Officer of the respective Examination City center, two days before the scheduled date of examination
The entrance examination will be of 3 hours duration in which candidates have to complete multiple choice questions of 200 marks. The paper will be divided into two sections:
Section A: This section will be Official Notification on General Knowledge, common to all the major subjects, will comprise 20 MCQs of one mark each carrying a total of 20 marks. It will contain questions on General Knowledge in Agriculture, Animal Husbandry, Dairying, Fisheries and Allied Sciences, etc. including current events as may be expected to be known to a research scholar.
Section B: This section will comprise of 180 MCQs of one mark each, on a specific Major Subject Group chosen by the candidate, carrying a total of 180 marks.
Negative Marking: There will be a negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer.
AICE SRF PGS 2018 Result
- The result for AICE SRF PGS 2018 will be published online on the official website of ICAR.
- The result is likely to be announced in the last week of June 2018.
- The overall merit-rank list shall be prepared separately for every Sub-subject under each Major Subject Group as per the information given by the candidate in the Answer Sheet.
- The candidate will be declared qualified for counseling on the basis of merit rank in the entrance examination and availability of seats.
AICE SRF PGS 2018 Counselling
The AICE SRF PGS 2018 counselling will be conducted in online mode online. The selected candidates will have to appear/ participate by registering themselves on the official website of ICAR. The registration fee of Rs. 2000 by Credit Card/ Debit Card/ Net Banking. At the time of counselling, candidates need to produce all the necessary documents, failing which they will not be allowed to appear for counselling.
Official website: www.icar.org.in.
For more details of AICE SRF PGS – Download Information Brochure of previous year.
Insofar, Only AIEEA PhD Entrance Examination Date has been released by ICAR. Rest of information on this page is based on last year information brochure. When ICAR releases AIEEA PhD 2018 Information Brochure, it will be updates here.