|Manipal University||Apply Now for MU OET|
|SRM University||Apply Now for SRMJEEE|
|JEE Main 2018 Exam Date, Eligibility, Exam Pattern.||Get All Details Here|
GB Pant University of Agriculture and Technology releases an official notification for admissions in Undergraduate and Postgraduate courses every year. The admission to these courses is done on the basis of an entrance exam known as GBPUAT. The speculated date for GBPUAT 2018 is June 2018. Candidates can check the details about GBPUAT 2018 application process, eligibility criteria, selection process and other information on this page below.
GBPUAT 2018 Admission
Candidates who want to pursue various undergraduate and master courses like MCA and Ph.D. programmes should appear for GBPUAT 2018.The entrance exam is the gateway to admission in various UG and PG courses. Candidates can fill their application form online from the official website as per the scheduled date. Admit card for GBPUAT entrance examination 2018 will be made available for the candidates who successfully fill their application form. The entrance examination is speculated to be held in the month of June 2018. Qualified candidates, as per merit, shall be called for counselling on a specified date and time for consideration of admission.
GBPUAT 2018 Admission: Important Dates
Expected Schedule for the GBPUAT 2018 is given below. Candidates can refer to this table so that they do not miss any important event.
|For UG, Master, MCA and Ph.D||Feb to Mar 2018|
|For M.Tech & Sponsored candidates for Master, M.Tech & Ph.d||Feb to Apr 2018|
|UG, Master’s, MCA and Ph.D.||Apr 2018|
|M.Tech. & Sponsored candidates for Masters’, M.Tech. and Ph.D.||May 2018|
|UG, Master’s, MCA and Ph.D.||Apr 2018|
|M.Tech. & Sponsored candidates for Master’s, M.Tech. and Ph.D.||May 2018|
|Downloading of Admit cards||May 2018|
|for Postgraduate programmes||Jun 2018|
|for Undergraduate programmes||Jun 2018|
GBPUAT 2018 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates should fulfil the eligibility criteria laid down by the GB Panth University to seek admission into the various courses offered by the university. Some of the eligibility criterias are listed below.
For Undergraduate Programmes
- Candidate should have cleared his/her major in B.Sc. Agriculture. Candidate should have cleared his/her Intermediate Agriculture/Science with Mathematics or Biology.
- Candidate should have cleared his/her major in B.Sc. (Hons.) Community Science /B.Sc. (Food Technology).Candidate should have cleared his/her Intermediate with Science, Mathematics or Biology.
- Candidate should have cleared his/her major inf B. V. Sc. & A.H. Candidate should have cleared his/her Intermediate with Science including Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English or equivalent examination. Candidates should have obtained a minimum of 50% marks for General Category and 47.5% for reserved categories (OBC, SC & ST) in aggregate in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English.
- For B.Tech Programme – Pass in 10+2 examination or its equivalent with Physics and Mathematics and any one of the optional subjects Chemistry/ Biotechnology/Computer Science/ Biology.
For Master’s Programmes
- Candidate should have cleared his/her major in Agricultural Economics -B.Sc. in Agriculture/ Fisheries/Forestry/ Horticulture/ Home Sc./Agril. Marketing.
- Major in Agrometeorology – B.Sc. in Agriculture/Forestry/ Horticulture or B.Sc. with Physics as the major subject.
- Candidates should have cleared their majors in Agril. Engineering (Farm Machinery & Power Engg.) and Bachelor’s Degree in Agricultural Engineering/ Mechanical Engineering from a recognized University/Institute.
- Candidates should have cleared their majors in Clothing & Textiles – B.Sc. Home Science/Home Economics/Family & Community Sciences with Intermediate Science.
- Candidates should have cleared their majors in Plant Physiology – B.Sc. in Agriculture/ Zoology, Botany and Chemistry/ Horticulture/ Microbiology with Chemistry/B.Sc. Forestry.
For Ph.D Programmes
- Candidates should have cleared their majors in Agricultural Economics – M.Sc.Ag. Agril. Economics/Rural Banking & Agril. Eco. or M.Sc. Dairy Economics/Livestock Economics/ Forest Economics.
- Candidates should have cleared their majors in Electrical Engineering – Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engg./Electrical & Electronics Engg. from a recognized University/Institute and Masters’ degree in the field of Electrical Engg. from a recognized University/ Institute.
- Candidates should have cleared their major in Human Nutrition – M.Sc. in Foods & Nutrition/Food Science & Tech./ Nutrition/Nutrition & Dietetics/ Food Science & Nutrition.
- Candidates should have cleared their major in Biochemistry – M.Sc. Ag./M.Sc. in Biochemistry/ Microbiology/ Molecular Biology & Biotech./Chemistry/Agril. Chemicals /Foods & Nutrition/ Biophysics/ Biotechnology.
GBPUAT 2018 Application Form
The application form for GBPUAT 2018 application form will be made available online. The form will be made available on the official website of the university. Candidates will be required to fill the form online with all the correct information without making any errors. Then the candidates will be required to download the duly filled application form and send it to official address provided on the official website. Candidates will be required to send their application form with documents mentioned by the university.
GBPUAT 2018 Admit Card
GBPUAT Admit cards for the GBPUAT entrance examination will only be made available in the online mode.The GBPUAT 2018 admit card will not be made available in the offline mode. This means the admit cards will not be dispatched by post from the authorities. Candidates will have to download the hall tickets from the official website once they have successfully filled the GBPUAT application form before the last date of application submission. The admit card shall contain the signature of the candidate and other details provided by the candidates in the official form.
GBPUAT 2018 Exam Centre
Candidates will have to choose their exam centre while filing up the for. University will try and make every effort to assign the place of choice of the candidate. However, the University reserves the right to assign the candidate to any of the exam centre mentioned in the official brochure without any justification.The place once assigned to a candidate will not be changed.
Exam centres can be changed at the discretion of the University.
GBPUAT 2018 Exam Pattern
The following table consists of a few vital points about the GBPUAT 2018 Exam:
- Candidates seeking admission to Ph.D. Programmes shall take subject matter test comprising 600 marks which will comprise of Multiple choice questions and will be of 3 hours duration.
- Candidates seeking admission to Masters programmes shall take an Aptitude Test and a Subject Matter Test without any break.
- Candidates seeking admission in the undergraduate programmes will have to appear in one common entrance examination. The exam will be of three hours duration and will be of 600 marks.
For reference, click here for GBPUAT Brochure 2017- Download Information Brochure.
If you have any queries about GBPUAT, please ask in comments below.