NIIFT Mohali 2018 is conducted by Northern India Institute of Fashion Technology (NIIFT). It is conducted annually. NIIFT Mohali entrance examination was conducted on June 03, 2018. This exam was conducted for candidates who wish to get admission in the undergraduate and postgraduate design courses offered by Northern India Institute of Fashion Technology.
Candidates who wish to appear in this exam to get admission in NIIFT Mohali need to register themselves for the examination. The courses offered by NIIFT Mohali are designed in a way that develops creative intelligence and managerial skills in individuals, thereby producing potential professionals and designers. NIIFT has its campuses located at three centers in India – Mohali, Ludhiana, and Jalandhar. Candidates can get complete details about the NIIFT Mohali Admission 2018 on this page.
NIIFT Mohali 2018
The admissions into the various undergraduate and postgraduate courses offered by NIIFT Mohali is based strictly on merit and the seats in the program. Candidates have to register themselves online on the official website of NIIFT. Candidates can refer to the table below to keep a track of all the important events and their schedules for NIIFT Mohali admission procedure 2018.
|Commencement of online registration||11 Apr 2018|
|Last date for submission of online form|
|Issuance of admit cards|
|Date of Entrance Examination||03 Jun 2018|
|Declaration of written test Result||20 Jun 2018|
|Situation Test / Interview||26 and 27 Jun 2018|
|Interview for PG courses||26 Jun 2018|
|Ist Counselling of PG and fee receipt||27 Jun 2018|
|2nd counselling for PG and fee receipt||28 Jun 2018|
|3rd counselling for PG and fee receipt||28 Jun 2018|
|Ist Counseling of UG and fee receipt||28 Jun 2018|
|2nd counselling for UG and fee receipt||29 Jun 2018|
|3rd counselling for UG and fee receipt||29 Jun 2018|
|Start of session||As per PTU|
NIIFT Mohali 2018: On The Spot Admission
NIIFT Mohali 2018: Counselling
The students who qualify the final merit list will be called for Counselling. Final merit is compiled on the basis of all the three level of the test mentioned in scheme of examination. The Procedure of counselling is done to give a brief description of courses, its content, placement and demand in market. The selected candidates will have to appear at the time and venue decided by the body. Mere coming to counselling doesn’t guarantee admission. The candidate will be admitted only after the fees is paid. For detailed information Candidates are advised to go through the file given below:
- Click Here to check the UG first counselling allotment.
- Click Here to check the UG first counselling seat status.
NIIFT Mohali 2018: Application Form
NIIFT Mohali Application Form 2018 has been issued in the online mode. Candidates will have register separately for UG & PG exams. Candidates can fill their application forms from the official website. It is mandatory that the candidates who wish to appear NIIFT Mohali Admission 2018 procedure register themselves for the process. To complete the submission of application form candidates need to pay the application fees. Application fees for the general category candidates is expected to be Rs 1750. Whereas, the reserved category candidates need to submit Rs 440 as application fees. Payment of fees can be done in the online mode.
NIIFT Mohali 2018: Eligibility Criteria
It is advised that the candidates refer to the table below to get a complete idea about the eligibility criteria as laid down by the official examination body NIIFT. We have listed a few criteria below for the reference of the candidate.
UG Design Courses
- Candidates should have completed their Class XII examination from any recognized central or state board.
- Candidates who have appeared for any General Certificate Education (GCE) exam (London/Cambridge/Sri Lanka) at an advanced level.
- Candidates who have completed their Class XII exam (with a minimum of five subjects) conducted by National Open School.
- Students who hold a 3 or 4-year diploma recognised by State Board of Technical Education or AICTE.
PG Design Courses
- Candidates who have a degree in any of the BSc/ BTech/ BE courses from a recognised university.
- Students who hold a degree in BA/ BCom/ BBA/ BCA with any one of the compulsory subjects from – Mathematics/ Computers/ Fashion/ Accounts/ Economics/ Marketing/ Statistics/ Management / Textiles/ Home Science.
NIIFT Mohali 2018: Admit Card
Candidates who will be able to register themselves successfully before the last scheduled date can download their admit cards from the official website. Candidates can either enter their registration number or they can enter their date of birth and name to download the admit card. It is compulsory that the candidates carry the admit card on the day of examination.
NIIFT Mohali 2018: Exam Pattern
The table below lists the examination pattern for both UG & PG exam
The exam pattern for the UG courses offered by NIIFT Mohali is listed below.
|NIIFT entrance test for UG courses||3 Hours||60%|
|NIIFT situation test||–||20%|
The exam pattern for the PG courses offered by NIIFT Mohali is listed below.
|NIIFT entrance test for PG courses||3 Hours||80%|
Structure of Written Test Examination
UG Programme [B.Sc.(FD), B.Sc.(FDK) and B.Sc.(TD)]
|Section||No. of Questions||Marks|
|TOTAL||100 plus 1||125|
PG Programme [M.Sc.(GMT) and M.Sc.(FMM)]
|Section||No. of Questions||Marks|
- The test is of three hours duration.
- There will be NO Negative Marking.
Final merit has been compiled on the basis of all the three level of the test mentioned in the scheme of examination.
- There is a common merit list for general and reserved categories /sub-categories ( if applicable ) candidates
- The rank of the candidate in the merit list securing equal marks will be in accordance with the following criteria
- The candidate securing higher aggregate percentage marks in qualifying examination shall be taken higher rank in order of merit
- In case there is tie-in (a) above, the candidate senior in age shall rank in order of merit.
- Counseling for 85% of seats for Punjab residence and 15% of seats for outside Punjab shall be taken up simultaneously, however, reserved category candidates shall be considered in General Category first before being considered in the respective category.
- After the second counseling if seats in reserved category still remain unfilled will be converted to general category in third counseling.
- After the third counselling, left out seats will be open for eligible candidates to be filled on first come first serve basis for eligible candidates on submission of fee till the last date allowed by PTU for admission, however in case any seat becomes vacant out of the 100% filled seats of any course after the third counselling that seat will be filled on merit basis by the students who are admitted in first or second counselling .
NIIFT Mohali 2018: Seat Intake
The table below comprises of the data of all the courses and the number of seats available in all the three NIIFT campuses. Candidates can refer to the table below to get a complete idea about the courses and the number of seats available.
As per last year..!!
|UG Programmes||Mohali||Ludhiana||Jalandhar||Total Intakes|
|Fashion Design(KNITS)||— —||60||— —||60|
|Textile Design||60||— —||— —||60|
|Garment Manufacturing Technology||60||— —||— —||60|
|Fashion Marketing and Management||60||— —||— —||60|