NIIFT Mohali 2019 is conducted by the Northern India Institute of Fashion Technology (NIIFT). It is conducted annually. NIIFT Mohali entrance examination will conduct on June 02, 2019. This exam will be conducted for candidates who wish to get admission in the undergraduate and postgraduate design courses offered by Northern India Institute of Fashion Technology.
Candidates who wish to appear in this exam to get admission in NIIFT Mohali need to register themselves for the examination. The courses offered by NIIFT Mohali are designed in a way that develops creative intelligence and managerial skills in individuals, thereby producing potential professionals and designers. Candidates can get complete details about the NIIFT Mohali Admission 2019 on this page.
NIIFT Mohali 2019
The admissions into the various undergraduate and postgraduate courses offered by NIIFT Mohali is based strictly on merit and the seats in the program. Candidates have to register themselves online on the official website of NIIFT. Candidates can refer to the table below to keep a track of all the important events and their schedules for NIIFT Mohali admission procedure 2019.
|Commencement of online registration||First Week of Feb 2019|
|Last date for submission of printout of online form along with demand draft at AIMA, New Delhi||23 May 2019
(Forms received after the Last date will be rejected)
|Issuance of admit cards||29 May 2019|
|Date of Entrance Examination||02 Jun 2019|
|Declaration of written test Result|
|Situation Test / Interview for UG programmes||25 and 26 Jun 2019|
|Interview for PG courses||25 Jun 2019|
|Ist Counselling of PG and fee receipt||26 Jun 2019|
|2nd Counselling for PG and fee receipt||27 Jun 2019 (first half)|
|3rd Counselling for PG and fee receipt||27 Jun 2019 (Second Half)|
|Ist Counseling of UG and fee receipt||27 Jun 2019 (After 1.30 PM)|
|2nd Counselling for UG and fee receipt||28 Jun 2019 (Upto 1.00 PM)|
|3rd Counselling for UG and fee receipt||28 Jun 2019 (After 1.30 PM)|
|Start of session||As per PTU Schedule|
NIIFT Mohali 2019: Counselling
The students who qualify the final merit list are called for Counselling. Final merit is compiled on the basis of all the three levels of the test mentioned in the scheme of examination. The selected candidates have to appear at the time and venue decided by the body. Mere coming to counselling doesn’t guarantee admission. The candidate is admitted only after the fees is paid.
- Click here to check the NIIFT counseling schedule for UG.
- Click here to check the NIIFT counseling schedule for PG.
NIIFT Mohali 2019: Eligibility Criteria
It is advised that the candidates refer to the information below to get a complete idea about the eligibility criteria as laid down by the official examination body NIIFT. We have listed a few criteria below for the reference of the candidate.
UG Design Courses
- Candidates should have completed their Class XII examination from any recognized central or state board.
- Candidates who have appeared for any General Certificate Education (GCE) exam (London/Cambridge/Sri Lanka) at an advanced level.
- Candidates who have completed their Class XII exam (with a minimum of five subjects) conducted by National Open School.
- Any Public School/Board/University Examination in India or in Foreign countries recognized by the Association of Indian Universities as equivalent to 10+2 system.
- Students who hold a 3 or 4-year diploma recognized by the State Board of Technical Education or AICTE.
PG Design Courses
- Candidates who have a degree in any of the BSc/ BTech/ BE courses from a recognized university.
- Students who hold a degree in BA/ BCom/ BBA/ BCA with any one of the compulsory subjects from – Mathematics/ Computers/ Fashion/ Accounts/ Economics/ Marketing/ Statistics/ Management / Textiles/ Home Science.
- Candidates appearing for their qualifying examination can also apply. However, they will be taken into final merit list for counselling only after obtaining the passing proof of their qualifying examination.
- Proof of the candidates having successfully passed the qualifying examination will have to be produced to NIIFT certificate verification team at the time of scheduled date of his/her interview in NIIFT campus.
- Non-fulfillment of above will automatically result in the cancellation of his/her right to be on merit list despite of clearing all the stages of examination.
Programme Offered & Seats
Under Graduate Degree Programme
|B.Sc. Fashion Design (FD)||120 (60 seats at Mohali & Ludhiana)|
|B.Sc. Fashion Design-Knits(FKD)||60 (60 seats at Ludhiana)|
|B.Sc. Textile Design (TD)||60 (60 seats at Mohali)|
Post Graduate Degree Programme
|M.Sc. Garment Manufacturing Technology(GMT)||30 (30 seats at Mohali)|
|M.Sc. Fashion Marketing & Management (FMM)||30 (30 seats at Mohali)|
NIIFT Mohali 2019 Application Form
NIIFT Mohali Application Form 2019 has been issued in the online mode. Candidates will have to register themselves for UG & PG exams. Candidates can fill their application forms from the official website. It is mandatory that the candidates who wish to appear NIIFT Mohali Admission 2019 procedure register themselves for the process. To complete the submission of application form candidates need to pay the application fees. Application fees for the general category candidates is Rs 1750. Whereas, the reserved category candidates need to submit Rs 440 as application fees. Payment of fees can be done in the online/offline mode.
NIIFT Mohali 2019 Admit Card
Candidates who will be able to register themselves successfully before the last scheduled date can download their admit cards from the official website. On the due date for Admit Card, download the admit card from the official website. It is compulsory that the candidates carry the admit card on the day of examination. It may contain the details of the centre/venue for the examination, etc. Take a printout of the admit card. Candidates will not be allowed to enter the Written Test Venue without a valid Admit Card.
NOTE: The admit card for written test will NOT be sent by post or email. Candidates are advised to regularly check NIIFT Mohali website for updates.
NIIFT Mohali 2019: Exam Pattern
The table below lists the examination pattern for both UG & PG exam
The exam pattern for the UG courses [B.Sc.(FD), B.Sc.(FDK) and B.Sc.(TD)] offered by NIIFT Mohali is listed below.
|NIIFT entrance test for UG courses||3 Hours||60%|
|NIIFT situation test||–||20%|
The exam pattern for the PG courses [M.Sc.(GMT) and M.Sc.(FMM)]offered by NIIFT Mohali is listed below.
|NIIFT entrance test for PG courses||3 Hours||80%|
Structure of Written Test Examination
UG Programme [B.Sc.(FD), B.Sc.(FDK) and B.Sc.(TD)]
|Section||No. of Questions||Marks|
|TOTAL||100 plus 1||125|
PG Programme [M.Sc.(GMT) and M.Sc.(FMM)]
|Section||No. of Questions||Marks|
- The test is of three hours duration.
- There will be NO Negative Marking.
Final merit has been compiled on the basis of all the three levels of the test mentioned in the scheme of examination.
- There is a common merit list for general and reserved categories /sub-categories ( if applicable ) candidates
- The rank of the candidate in the merit list securing equal marks will be in accordance with the following criteria
- The candidate securing higher aggregate percentage marks in qualifying examination shall be taken higher rank in order of merit
- In case there is tie-in (a) above, the candidate senior in age shall rank in order of merit.
- Counseling for 85% of seats for Punjab residence and 15% of seats for outside Punjab shall be taken up simultaneously, however, reserved category candidates shall be considered in General Category first before being considered in the respective category.
- After the second counseling if seats in the reserved category still remain unfilled will be converted to general category in third counseling.
- After the third counselling, left out seats will be open for eligible candidates to be filled on first come first serve basis for eligible candidates on submission of fee till the last date allowed by PTU for admission, however in case any seat becomes vacant out of the 100% filled seats of any course after the third counseling that seat will be filled on merit basis by the students who are admitted in first or second counseling.
Candidates may go through the Fee Structure of NIIFT Mohali Admission 2019 from below:
Office Website: www.niiftindia.com