NIIFT Mohali Admission 2020: Northern India Institute of Fashion Technology (NIIFT), Mohali conducts an entrance exam for admission to various undergraduate and postgraduate programmes. The eligible candidates can fill the online application form through niiftindia.com till July 20, 2020. The admit card has also delayed. The written test has been postponed until the further orders. The candidates applying for UG courses have to appear for a written test, situation test and interview whereas those applying for PG courses (except M.Des) have to appear for a written test and interview. There is no entrance test or interview for M.Des aspirants. Get more information about NIIFT Mohali Admission 2020 from this page.
- The last date for submission of NIIFT Mohali Admission 2020 is extended. Click here to apply.
- The examination for NIIFT Mohali Admission 2020 has been postponed. The details will be announced soon.
NIIFT Mohali Admission 2020
Admission is offered to following UG courses: Bachelor of Science (Fashion Design), Bachelor of Design (Fashion Design-KNITS) and Bachelor of Science (Textile Design). PG courses offered are Master of Science (Garment Manufacturing Technology), Master of Science (Fashion Marketing and Management) and Master of Design (Fashion and Textiles). Check the scheduled table below for dates of important events regarding NIIFT Mohali Admission 2020.
|Commencement of online registration||15 Jan 2020|
|Last date to submit printed application form and|
demand draft at AIMA, New Delhi
20 Jul 2020
|Issuance of admit cards|
|Date of Entrance Examination|
(for all courses except M.Des Fashion and Textiles)
|Declaration of written test Result|
|Situation Test and Interview for UG courses|
|Interview for PG courses|
(except M.Des Fashion and Textiles)
|1st Counselling for PG and fee receipt|
|2nd Counselling for PG and fee receipt|
|3rd Counselling for PG and fee receipt|
|1st Counseling for UG and fee receipt|
|2nd Counselling for UG and fee receipt|
|3rd Counselling for UG and fee receipt|
|Start of session||As per PTU|
NIIFT Mohali Admission 2020 Application Form Deadline Extended
In the important dates section, the last date to apply for NIIFT Mohali Admission 2020 is extended. Candidates can check revised date from below.
NIIFT Mohali Admission 2020 Eligibility Criteria
The candidates must ensure that they meet the eligibility criteria prescribed by NIIFT before applying. There are different criteria for various undergraduate and postgraduate courses offered by NIIFT. Check the same below.
For UG programmes (B.Sc Fashion Design, B.Sc Fashion Design (KNITS), B.Sc Textile Design), any one of the following is required.
- To be eligible, the candidate must have passed class 12th from a recognized state/central board OR
- The candidate must have passed General Certificate Education Exam (GCE) at Advanced level OR
- Candidates who passed any other university/ board/ public school examination (equivalent to class 12) in India/ foreign countries recognized by AIU (Association of Indian Universities) are also eligible OR
- The candidate must have passed Senior Secondary School Exam which is conducted by National Open School OR
- Candidates with 3 or 4-years AICTE/ state board recognized diploma are also eligible to apply.
For PG programmes (M.Sc GMT and M.Sc FMM), candidates must have either of the following mentioned degrees.
- B.Tech/ B.Sc/ B.E OR
- B.Com/ B.A/ BBA/ BCA with one of the following subjects: Statistics/ Economics/ Marketing/ Management/ Maths/ Accounts/ Textiles/ Fashion/ Home Science/ Computers/ any other relevant diploma
For M.Des Fashion and Textiles, the candidates must have a bachelor degree in Textile Design/ Fashion Design/ Knitwear Design/ Clothing and Textiles/ Home Science/ Apparels and Furnishing/ any other relevant course
NIIFT Mohali Admission 2020 Application Form
The willing candidates, who possess the prescribed eligibility, can fill the application form for NIIFT Mohali Admission 2020 from the official website of NIIFT, niiftindia.com. The schedule for applications can be checked from the schedule table provided above. Check the application procedure in brief here.
How to apply?
- Create Login: First and foremost, all the candidates have to create a login by providing the following details: name, DOB, email id, mobile number and choice of programme.
- Login: Provide email id and date of birth to login after successfully completing the previous step. After successful login, candidates can proceed to fill NIIFT Mohali Admission 2020 application form.
- Fill Application Form: Provide the necessary details in the application form as accurately as possible.
- Upload images: Next, the candidates need to upload scanned copies of their photo and signature as per the prescribed specifications.
- Make Payment: Pay the application fee amount using an online/ offline means.
- Send Application form to AIMA, Delhi: Finally, print-out the filled-in application form and send it along with all the required documents and DD (if paying offline) to the office of AIMA, Delhi before the last date.
Application Fee: The applicants can pay the application fee in either offline or online mode. For offline payment, one has to send a demand draft, made in favour of “NIIFT Mohali”, to the AIMA address. To pay the fee in online mode, the candidates can use a credit/ debit card. Check the application fee below.
|Course||Fee for General||Fee for SC/ST/PHC|
|All UG courses, M.Sc GMT and|
|Rs 1750||Rs 440|
|M.Des||Rs 550||Rs 200|
Image Specifications: Scanned copies of candidate’s passport-size colour photograph and signature are required to be uploaded in the application form. Check the common image specifications for both of these below.
|File size||5-50 kb|
NIIFT Mohali Admission 2020 Exam Pattern
The tables provided below list the examination pattern for both UG & PG exams (as per last year).
Structure of Written Test
- The test is of three hours duration.
- There is NO Negative Marking.
UG Programme [B.Sc.(FD), B.Sc.(FDK) and B.Sc.(TD)]
|Section||No. of Questions||Marks|
|TOTAL||100 plus 1||125|
PG Programme [M.Sc.(GMT) and M.Sc.(FMM)]
|Section||No. of Questions||Marks|
NIIFT Mohali Admission 2020 Seats
Check the seat matrix below for all the programmes offered by NIIFT.
Under Graduate Degree Programme
|B.Sc. Fashion Design||120 (60 at Mohali + 60 at Ludhiana)|
|B.Sc. Fashion Design-Knits||60 (Ludhiana only)|
|B.Sc. Textile Design||60 (Mohali only)|
Post Graduate Degree Programme: These are offered at the Mohali campus only.
|M.Sc. Garment Manufacturing Technology||30|
|M.Sc. Fashion Marketing & Management||30|
|M.Des Fashion and Textiles||30|
NIIFT Mohali Admission 2020 Reservations
The reservation of seats for NIIFT Mohali Admission 2020 are provided on the basis of candidates’ state and category.
Reservation based on Domicile State
- Punjab Domicile Holders – 85% seats
- All India Quota – 15% seats
Category-wise Reservations under 85% Punjab Quota
|Freedom fighters’ children/ grand-children||1%|
|Children/widows of killed/disabled defence personnel,|
gallantry awardees’ wards, children of ex-servicemen/
serving defence personnel
|Children/widows of killed/disabled Punjab Police, Para-military |
forces personnel, PAP and Punjab Home Guards, children of
serving paramilitary forces personnel/ex-paramilitary forces personnel
|1984 riots-affected and displaced persons, children of 100% physically |
disabled/killed Army deserters, children of the families of those persons
killed due to terrorist violence, children of innocent civilians disabled 100%
due to terrorist violence
Category-wise Reservations under 15% All India Quota
- General category – 70%
- SC/ST – 25%
- BC – 5%
NIIFT Mohali Admission 2020 Admit Card
The candidates, who submit the application form and pay the application fee within due time, can download the NIIFT Mohali Admission 2020 admit card. The admit card for the entrance exam is published by NIIFT on its official website. The schedule for release of admit card can be checked from the schedule table on this page. After downloading the admit card, candidates have to take a print-out of the admit card and carry it to the exam venue on the exam day. Also, the candidates shortlisted using written exam scores can download interview call letters from NIIFT website, niiftindia.com.
The admit cards for written exam are not sent by post or email to any candidate. One can download the admit card online only.
NIIFT Mohali Admission 2020 Selection Procedure
The selection of candidates is done through multiple stages/levels. Each of these stages holds a fixed weightage while preparing the final merit list. Only those candidates who qualify the previous stage are eligible to appear for the next stage of selection process. Check the selection procedure for all the programmes below.
- Undergraduate programmes – Entrance Test + Situation Test + Interview
- M.Sc GMT and M.Sc FMM – Entrance Test + Interview
- M.Des Fashion and Textiles – Graduation scores
NIIFT Mohali Admission 2020 Result
The final result for all courses (except M.Des) is prepared on the basis of all the stages of the selection process, namely written test, situation test and interview. The final result is published in the form of a merit list. Punjab domicile holders from rural areas (passed 11th and 12th from rural schools or studied for a minimum of 3 years in a rural school) are given an additional weightage of 5% in the merit list. The candidates can check the merit list from NIIFT website after result declaration. Check the tables provided below for weightages of all levels of selection process.
|NIIFT entrance test for UG courses||60%|
|NIIFT situation test||20%|
PG Courses (except M.Des)
|NIIFT entrance test for PG courses||80%|
M.Des Fashion and Textiles: Since no entrance exam is conducted for admission to NIIFT M.Des programme, merit list is prepared on the basis of candidates’ scores in qualifying exam (graduation).
NIIFT Mohali Admission 2020 Counselling
The students whose names appear in the final merit list have to take part in the counselling process conducted by NIIFT. Only those candidates who appear for the counselling process are considered for admission. The candidates can check the counselling schedule from the dates table provided on this page. The venue and other counselling details are published by NIIFT on its website and are going to be updated here. The seats are allotted in order of the candidates’ merit positions, subject to fulfilment of eligibility criteria.
NIIFT Mohali Admission 2020 Fee Structure
Candidates can check the fee structure for NIIFT Mohali Admission 2020 below.
Office Website: niiftindia.com
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.