NIIFT Mohali 2020 is conducted by the Northern India Institute of Fashion Technology (NIIFT). It is conducted annually. This exam will be conducted for candidates who wish to get admission in the undergraduate and postgraduate design courses offered by Northern India Institute of Fashion Technology.
Candidates who wish to appear in this exam to get admission in NIIFT Mohali need to register themselves for the examination. The courses offered by NIIFT Mohali are designed in a way that develops creative intelligence and managerial skills in individuals, thereby producing potential professionals and designers. Candidates can get complete details about the NIIFT Mohali Admission 2020 on this page.
NIIFT Mohali Admission 2020
The admissions into the various undergraduate and postgraduate courses offered by NIIFT Mohali is based strictly on merit and the seats in the program. Candidates have to register themselves online on the official website of NIIFT. Candidates can refer to the table below to keep a track of all the important events and their schedules for NIIFT Mohali admission procedure 2020.
|Commencement of online registration||First Week of Feb 2020|
|Last date for submission of printout of online form along with demand draft at AIMA, New Delhi||Last Week of May 2020|
|Issuance of admit cards||Last Week of May 2020|
|Date of Entrance Examination||First Week of Jun 2020|
|Declaration of written test Result||Third Week of Jun 2020|
|Situation Test / Interview for UG programmes||Last Week of Jun 2020|
|Interview for PG courses||Last Week of Jun 2020|
|Ist Counselling of PG and fee receipt||Last Week of Jun 2020|
|2nd Counselling for PG and fee receipt||Last Week of Jun 2020|
|3rd Counselling for PG and fee receipt||Last Week of Jun 2020|
|Ist Counseling of UG and fee receipt||Last Week of Jun 2020|
|2nd Counselling for UG and fee receipt||Last Week of Jun 2020|
|3rd Counselling for UG and fee receipt||Last Week of Jun 2020|
|Start of session||As per PTU Schedule|
NIIFT Mohali 2020: Eligibility Criteria
It is advised that the candidates refer to the information below to get a complete idea about the eligibility criteria, on the basis of last year, as laid down by the official examination body NIIFT. We have listed a few criteria below for the reference of the candidate.
UG Design Courses
- Candidates should have completed their Class XII examination from any recognized central or state board.
- Candidates who have appeared for any General Certificate Education (GCE) exam (London/Cambridge/Sri Lanka) at an advanced level.
- Candidates who have completed their Class XII exam (with a minimum of five subjects) conducted by National Open School.
- Any Public School/Board/University Examination in India or in Foreign countries recognized by the Association of Indian Universities as equivalent to 10+2 system.
- Students who hold a 3 or 4-year diploma recognized by the State Board of Technical Education or AICTE.
PG Design Courses
- Candidates who have a degree in any of the BSc/ BTech/ BE courses from a recognized university.
- Students who hold a degree in BA/ BCom/ BBA/ BCA with any one of the compulsory subjects from – Mathematics/ Computers/ Fashion/ Accounts/ Economics/ Marketing/ Statistics/ Management / Textiles/ Home Science.
- Candidates appearing for their qualifying examination can also apply. However, they will be taken into final merit list for counselling only after obtaining the passing proof of their qualifying examination.
- Proof of the candidates having successfully passed the qualifying examination will have to be produced to NIIFT certificate verification team at the time of scheduled date of his/her interview in NIIFT campus.
- Non-fulfillment of above will automatically result in the cancellation of his/her right to be on merit list despite of clearing all the stages of examination.
NIIFT Mohali 2020 Application Form
NIIFT Mohali Application Form 2020 will be issued in the online mode. Candidates will have to register themselves for UG & PG exams. Candidates can fill their application forms from the official website. It is mandatory that the candidates who wish to appear NIIFT Mohali Admission 2020 procedure register themselves for the process. To complete the submission of application form candidates need to pay the application fees.
NIIFT Mohali 2020 Admit Card
Candidates who will be able to register themselves successfully before the last scheduled date can download their admit cards from the official website. On the due date for Admit Card, download the admit card from the official website. It is compulsory that the candidates carry the admit card on the day of examination. It may contain the details of the centre/venue for the examination, etc. Take a printout of the admit card. Candidates will not be allowed to enter the Written Test Venue without a valid Admit Card.
NOTE: The admit card for written test will NOT be sent by post or email. Candidates are advised to regularly check NIIFT Mohali website for updates.
NIIFT Mohali 2020: Exam Pattern
The table below lists the examination pattern for both UG & PG exam (as per last year)
The exam pattern for the UG courses [B.Sc.(FD), B.Sc.(FDK) and B.Sc.(TD)] offered by NIIFT Mohali is listed below.
|NIIFT entrance test for UG courses||3 Hours||60%|
|NIIFT situation test||–||20%|
The exam pattern for the PG courses [M.Sc.(GMT) and M.Sc.(FMM)]offered by NIIFT Mohali is listed below.
|NIIFT entrance test for PG courses||3 Hours||80%|
Structure of Written Test Examination
UG Programme [B.Sc.(FD), B.Sc.(FDK) and B.Sc.(TD)]
|Section||No. of Questions||Marks|
|TOTAL||100 plus 1||125|
PG Programme [M.Sc.(GMT) and M.Sc.(FMM)]
|Section||No. of Questions||Marks|
- The test is of three hours duration.
- There will be NO Negative Marking.
Final merit will be compiled on the basis of all the three levels of the test mentioned in the scheme of examination.
- There is a common merit list for general and reserved categories /sub-categories ( if applicable ) candidates
- The rank of the candidate in the merit list securing equal marks will be in accordance with the following criteria
- The candidate securing higher aggregate percentage marks in qualifying examination shall be taken higher rank in order of merit
- In case there is tie-in (a) above, the candidate senior in age shall rank in order of merit.
- Counseling for 85% of seats for Punjab residence and 15% of seats for outside Punjab shall be taken up simultaneously, however, reserved category candidates shall be considered in General Category first before being considered in the respective category.
- After the second counseling if seats in the reserved category still remain unfilled will be converted to general category in third counseling.
- After the third counselling, left out seats will be open for eligible candidates to be filled on first come first serve basis for eligible candidates on submission of fee till the last date allowed by PTU for admission, however in case any seat becomes vacant out of the 100% filled seats of any course after the third counseling that seat will be filled on merit basis by the students who are admitted in first or second counseling.
NIIFT Mohali 2020: Counselling
The students who qualify the final merit list are called for Counselling. Final merit is compiled on the basis of all the three levels of the test mentioned in the scheme of examination. The selected candidates have to appear at the time and venue decided by the body. Mere coming to counselling doesn’t guarantee admission. The candidate is admitted only after the fees is paid.
Programme Offered & Seats
Under Graduate Degree Programme (as per last year)
|B.Sc. Fashion Design (FD)||120 (60 seats at Mohali & Ludhiana)|
|B.Sc. Fashion Design-Knits(FKD)||60 (60 seats at Ludhiana)|
|B.Sc. Textile Design (TD)||60 (60 seats at Mohali)|
Post Graduate Degree Programme (as per last year)
|M.Sc. Garment Manufacturing Technology(GMT)||30 (30 seats at Mohali)|
|M.Sc. Fashion Marketing & Management (FMM)||30 (30 seats at Mohali)|
Candidates may go through the Fee Structure of NIIFT Mohali Admission 2020, on the basis of last year, from below:
Office Website: www.niiftindia.com
Insofar, official details of NIIFT Mohali Admission 2020 have not been announced. Information on this page is as per last year brochure and for reference purpose only. As soon as information brochure releases, details will be updated here.