AIFD Bangalore Admission 2021: Army Institute of Fashion Design (AIFD), Bangalore releases the application form on the website in mid of march 2021 in the B.Sc (FAD) Admission 2021 – 2021. There are 100 questions in the examination WAT and thereafter candidates need to appear for the Creative Aptitude Test (CAT). On the other hand, for PG M.Sc course FAD, they need to clear CAT and an interview. Scroll below to check out the eligibility criteria, application form, syllabus, exam pattern of AIFD admission 2021.
Latest: The application form will be available in Mid-March 2021.
AIFD Bangalore Admission 2021
For the UG, candidates can fill the application form in online mode. For PG courses, it can be downloaded from the website. The candidates can check the complete dates about AIFD CBT 2021 and AIFD CAT 2021 from the table below.
|Event||For UG||For PG|
|Start date of application form||Mid Mar 2021||Mid Mar 2021|
|Last date for submitting the application form||to be announced||to be announced|
|Scrutiny of Online Application and Uploaded Documents||to be announced||to be announced|
|Admit card Download||to be announced||to be announced|
|Computer Based Test date for UG only||to be announced||–|
|Creative Aptitude Test (CAT) & Interview for PG only||–||to be announced|
|Declaration of Result||to be announced||to be announced|
|Commencement of course||to be announced||to be announced|
AIFD Bangalore Admission 2021 Mock Test
Army Institute of Fashion Design (AIFD), Bangalore has provided the mock test for UG & PG Programme. The mock test is helping candidates for preparation of the exam and it also has given an idea to understand the expected trend of expected question coming to the exam. Candidates get the direct link here for the mock test.
Application Form for AIFD Bangalore 2021
AIFD, Bangalore releases AIFD application form 2021 on the official website ie aifdonline.in. Candidates of UG need to apply online, whereas PG candidates need to download their application from the prospectus. Candidates are advised to check and read the eligibility criteria before their application form for AIFD. Shown below are the steps to apply.
For B.Sc Fashion and Apparel Design
- STEP 1: Visit the official website or simply click on the link above.
- STEP 2: Now, click on the link for new registration button.
- STEP 3: Thereafter, fill the application form with relevant details.
- STEP 4: Now, the new login ID and password is sent to the candidate’s phone number and email id.
- STEP 5: Login on the existing user with the details and fill in the application form.
Application Fee: Candidates need to pay the application fee in online mode through debit / credit card, net banking facility etc.
For all categories: Rs. 750/-
For M.Sc Fashion and Apparel Design
- STEP 1: Candidates can download the AIFD prospectus and take out the print out the application form for PG.
- STEP 2: Thereafter, fill in the application form correctly.
- STEP 3: Now, send the filled AIFD application form along with a crossed demand draft for Rs 500/-towards application in favour of ARMY INSTITUTE OF FASHION & DESIGNpayable at Bangalore. The reverse side should have name of student.
Address: The application form, certificates and DD should reach the Principal. Army Institute of Fashion & Design, Bangalore, Nagareshwara Nagenahalli, Kothanur Post, Bangalore –560077
Application Fee: Candidates should pay the application fee in the form of DD.
For all categories: Rs.500/-
This fee details as per previous year brochure.
AIFD Bangalore Admission 2021 Eligibility Criteria
AIFD admissions are strictly reserved for children of Army Personnel / eligible ex-Army personnel and wards of war widows/widows of the Army. Check out the in detail eligibility criteria for AIFD from below.
- The parents of the candidates should have served at-least 10 years in the army.
- The wards of wards of recruits medically boarded out and granted disability pension are also eligibile.
Adopted / Step Children and Children of Re-married Widows
- Candidates should have been adopted at least 5 year prior to the admissions.
- The candidate should have been born from a wedding where at least one parent belongs to the army.
Some Special Cases
- Wards of ex Army medical officers / Army Dental Corps officers presently serving with Indian Navy or Indian Air Force who have served with the Army for 10 are eligible to apply.
- Children of APS / MNS / TA Person ( Parent should have completed 10 years of service)
- For UG : Candidate should have secured atleast 35% in the 11th and 12th standard.
- For PG: The candidate should have secured 50% in Science / Engineering in Fashion & Apparel Design / Textiles & Clothing / Apparel & Fashion Technology / Fashion Designing / Costume & Apparel Design / Costume Design and Fashion / Textile Technology / Silk Technology course as their Bachelor’s degree.
- The candidate should be certified by MH / RMO / Registered Medical Practitioner as physically and mentally fit to pursue the course.
Wards of Gallantry Award Winners
- This weightage is added to the candidate’s CBT score at the time of preparation of AIFD result.
|Sarvottam Yudh Seva Medal||3%|
|Uttam Yudh Seva Medal||2%|
|Yudh Seva Medal||1%|
|Mention in Dispatches||1%|
|Wards of War Widows||5%|
AIFD Bangalore Admission 2021 Seat Intake
Candidates can check out the AIFD 2021 seat intake from the table below.
|Name of Course||Number of Seats|
|UG Course in B.Sc. (Fashion and Apparel Design)||60|
|PG Course in M.Sc (Fashion and.Apparel Design||20|
AIFD 2021 Courses
These are the following courses available under the UG and PG course at AIFD, Bangalore.
- B.Sc. (Fashion and Apparel Design)
- M.Sc (Fashion and.Apparel Design
AIFD Bangalore 2021 of Exam Pattern for CBT/CAT
Candidates who want to secure high rank in the AIFD merit list should check out the exam pattern for WAT / CBT examination from below.
- Nature of the Test: It is conducted in CBT mode.
- Total Marks: There are 100 marks for exam.
- Medium of the Test: The medium of the test is English only.
- Duration of the exam: The total duration of the test is 3 hours.
- Negative Marking: There is no negative marking for any incorrect answer.
AIFD 2020 for UG course is divided into 2 parts: CBT / WAT – 70 marks and CAT – 30 marks.
AIFD 2021 Syllabus
Candidates can check out the prescribed syllabus for CBT / WAT from down below. The questions are asked from the following topics.
- Intelligence and Reasoning Test
- General Awareness Test
- English Language Competency & Comprehension Test. (including short essay)
Admit Card of AIFD 2021
AIFD, Bangalore releases AIFD 2021 admit card at aifdonline.in. It is provided 15 days prior to the examination. Candidates need to log in with their Login ID and password to download their admit card. No, admit card is sent by post. Candidates should carry this admit card along with id proof to their respective test centre.
For CAT admit card:
The AIFD sends the admit card for CAT by post. It is sent to the address submitted in the application form in white envelope.
Candidates are requested to AFFIX STAMPS OF Rs40/- FOR THE PURPOSE.
AIFD 2021 Exam Centre
AIFD releases the name and address of exam centres on the AIFD admit card itself. They are allotted on the first/second cum basis. The competent authority has the right to change the test centre of the candidate as per the situation.
Result of AIFD Bangalore 2021
AIFD releases the AIFD result 2021 result for CBT on the official website and on the notice board. It is provided in the form of a merit list which consists of the candidate’s name, exam name, and roll number. The merit list is prepared on the basis of their performance in the CBT or CAT & Interview. After the declaration of the result, selected candidates need to pay the required amount for the registration fee and hostel fee.
Tie Breaker Criteria:
In case of more than one candidate obtaining an equal score in the entrance examination, the inter-se merit will be decided in the following order of priority:
- Graduate students in science subjects with higher aggregate marks/percentage in Graduation will be ranked higher
- Graduate students in arts subjects with higher aggregate marks/percentage in Graduation will be placed higher in the merit list.
- Candidates obtaining higher marks in Language Competency & Comprehension Test component in the CBT will be given preference in the merit list.
- For UG Courses as per Candidates’ performance and University admission approval.
AIFD Bangalore 2021 Fee Structure
Candidates can see the fee structure of AIFD Bangalore 2021 for UG and PG courses from here.
For UG courses:
For PG courses:
AIFD, Bangalore was established in the year 2004. It aims to impart technical and professional education in the field of fashion design and management. The permanent campus is situated in the Nagareshwara Nagenahalli, Kothanur post, Bangalore – 560077. It has a well developed infrastructure and state of art machines.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Answer. The Army Institute of Fashion Designing conducts entrance examination for admission in UG and PG courses in AIFD Bangalore.
Answer. Candidates need to appear for CBT examination and then CAT for admissions in FAD course.
Answer. Merit lists are released by the institution according to candidates’ performance in the CBT / CAT and the Interview (PG only).
Answer. The mode of the examination for the undergraduate courses is online that is Computer Based Test.
For more details of AIFD Bangalore Admission 2021, candidates can download the previous year prospectus.
Official Website: aifdonline.in
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.