|Times Group Bennett University Admission 2018||Apply Now for UG / PG Courses|
The Army Institute of Fashion Designing conducts the entrance exam for admission to its UG and PG programs. The Institute offers admission to B.Sc. – FAD in UG course and M.Sc. – FAD in PG course. For admission in the UG course, aspirants need to appear in Written Admission Test or WAT, whereas, for admission to PG course, aspirants need to appear in Creative Aptitude Test (CAT) & Interview. The selection of the candidates for both UG and PG will be on the basis of their performance in the respective entrance test.
The application form for AIFD Bangalore Admission is available at its Institute Office or can be downloaded at its website. The application form must be submitted before the last date, otherwise, will result in non-issuance of admit card. The admit card will be dispatched to the candidate through a Registered post and must be carried at the allotted examination center. The result of both WAT and CAT will be published online. The selection of the candidates is strictly on the basis of the candidate’s performance in the entrance test subject to fulfillment of the eligibility criteria. Check more details about the AIFD Bangalore Admission 2018 from the article below.
AIFD Bangalore Admission 2018
AIFD conducts three years UG Course in B.Sc. (Fashion and Apparel Design). Seats – 60. Affiliated to Bangalore North University. PG Course in M.Sc Apparel Technology & Management (Fashion and Apparel Design), Affiliated to Bangalore North University. Seats – 20. The dates for various event in the UG or PG programs are provided in the table below.
|Event||For UG||For PG|
|Last date for submitting the application form||25 Mar 2018||30 Jun 2018|
|Last date for submitting the application form
(with late fee of Rs.100/-)
|31 Mar 2018||05 Jul 2018|
|Admit card will be dispatched||31 Mar 2018||05 July 2018|
|Written Admission Test (WAT) date for UG only||28 Apr 2018||–|
|Creative Aptitude Test (CAT) & Interview for PG only||–||20 July 2018|
|Declaration of Result||08 May 2018||30 Jul 2018|
|Last Date of Registration of candidates for institute and hostel||22 May 2018||12 Aug 2018|
|Announcement of final list of candidate for admission||24 May 2018||12 Aug 2018|
|Dispatch of joining instructions to the selected candidates||25 May 2018||14 Aug 2018|
|Last Date of Payment of balance of Institute and Hostel Fee
and the Last date to withdraw the seat
|06 Jun 2018||24 Aug 2018|
|Reporting to Institute for admission (for selected candidate only)||18 Jun 2018||03 Sep 2018|
|Commencement of course||19 Jun 2018||04 Sep 2018|
Official Website: www.aifdonline.in
The aspirants who are the children of eligible serving Army personnel, eligible ex-Army personnel, and wards of war widows/widows of the Army can apply for admission to the Army Institute of Fashion and Design. The candidates who fall into the following categories of Army personnel are eligible and should submit the relevant certificate as given in the application form:
- Children of serving Army personnel with minimum 10 years continuous service in the Army/ ex Army personnel granted/awarded regular pension, liberalized family pension, family pension or disability pension at the time of their superannuation, demise, discharge, release medical board/invalided medical board. This includes wards of recruits medically boarded out and granted disability pension. – Submit Certificate Number 1
- Adopted child of Army personnel if adopted at least five years prior to seeking admission/ Stepchildren are eligible provided they are born from a wedding where at least one parent belonged to the Army who is otherwise eligible. – Submit Certificate Number 2
- Wards of only those ex Army medical officers / Army Dental Corps officers presently serving with Indian Navy or Indian Air Force who have served with the Army for 10 years / Children of APS / MNS / TA Personnel. – Submit Certificate Number 3
Post Graduate Course only – Seats from those meant for Army wards to be filled up as follows:
- Priority One will be given to the wards of ex-Army personnel who have continuous service between 5 to 10 years in Army
- Whereas Priority Two will be given to the wards of persons of Assam Rifles
For UG Course- Pass in 10+2 / Equivalent Examination in any stream from a recognized board with minimum 35% marks.
For PG Course- Completed graduation in Science/ Engineering in Fashion Design and Textile related any stream of any University / Institution or any other Examination recognized as equivalent as approved by University with a minimum of 50% marks in the aggregate.
The candidate other than fulfilling the above mentioned eligibility criteria should be certified by MH / RMO / Registered Medical Practitioner as physically and mentally fit to pursue the course. A certificate to this effect will be provided in the application form and is to be submitted by the candidates at the time of admission
- The application form can be obtained from the AIFD office or can be downloaded from the Institute’s website.
- A link for downloading the AIFD 2018 Application Form is uploaded on the “Application Form” page as well.
- Fill in the required details in the application form.
- In case the application form is downloaded, relevant documents must be attached with it.
- Incomplete or application submitted after the last date will not be accepted.
The admit card for Written Admission Test (WAT) for UG course and Creative Aptitude Test for PG course will be sent to the candidate through the Registered Post. The AIFD 2018 Admit Card will consist of the basic information about the exam such as date, timings, and address of the examination. The candidates who do not receive the admit card prior to the examination should contact the AIFD authorities regarding this.
Exam Pattern for WAT/CAT
- Nature of the Test: MCQ
- Total Marks: 100
- Medium of the Test: English only
- Duration of the exam: 3 hours
- Negative Marking: There is no negative marking for any incorrect answer.
The test will have the following components:
- Intelligence and Reasoning Test
- General Awareness Test
- English Language Competency & Comprehension Test. (including short essay)
Tie Breaker Criteria
In case of more than one candidate obtaining an equal score in the entrance examination, the inter-se merit will be decided in the following order of priority:
- Graduate students in science subjects with higher aggregate marks/percentage in Graduation will be ranked higher
- Graduate students in arts subjects with higher aggregate marks/percentage in Graduation will be placed higher in the merit list.
- Candidates obtaining higher marks in Language Competency & Comprehension Test component in the WAT will be given preference in the merit list.
- For UG Courses as per Candidates’ performance and University admission approval.
The result for the WAT and CAT will be published online at the institute website and also on the notice board of the Institute. The result published online will be in pdf format which will consist of Candidate’s name, exam name, and their roll number. The merit list of the selected candidates will be prepared on the basis of their performance in the WAT or CAT & Interview. After the declaration of result, selected candidates need to pay the required amount for registration and hostel.
For more details of AIFD Bangalore Admission 2018, candidates can download the prospectus.