The Army Institute of Fashion Designing conducts entrance examination for admission in UG and PG courses. The UG admission is granted in B.Sc in FAD, on the basis of Written Admission Test (WAT). Whereas the PG course offered by the institute is M.Sc in FAD and to get admission, candidates need to get through Creative Aptitude Test (CAT) and Interview round.
Right now, the online registration of AIFD 2019 for both the courses is open. The candidates need to fill the form, which also has the admit card and sent both to the institute. Then, on the due date, the successfully registered candidates will get their admit card. Check the eligibility criteria, application process, exam pattern, and more details on AIFD Bangalore Admission 2019 from this page.
AIFD Bangalore Admission 2019
AIFD offered 60 seats in B.Sc. (Fashion and Apparel Design). The total intake for the M.Sc Apparel Technology & Management (Fashion and Apparel Design) is 20. The candidates can check the complete dates about AIFD WAT 2019 and AIFD CAT 2019 from the table below.
|Event||For UG||For PG|
|Last date for submitting the application form||20 Apr 2019||30 Jun 2019|
|Last date for submitting the application form
(with late fee of Rs.100/-)
|27 Apr 2019||05 Jul 2019|
|Admit card will be dispatched||29 Apr 2019||05 Jul 2019 onwards|
|Written Admission Test (WAT) date for UG only||18 May 2019 (14:30 to 17:30) hrs||–|
|Creative Aptitude Test (CAT) & Interview for PG only||–||19 July 2019|
|Declaration of Result||27 May 2019||30 Jul 2019|
|Registration of candidates for institute and hostel by paying Rs.10,000/-and Rs.5,000/- respectively||on or before 06 Jun 2019||12 Aug 2019|
|Announcement of final list of candidate for admission||08 Jun 2019||12 Aug 2019|
|Dispatch of joining instructions to the selected candidates||08 Jun 2019 onwards||14 Aug 2019|
|Last Date of Payment of balance of Institute and Hostel Fee
and the Last date to withdraw the seat
|on or before 20 Jun 2019 (cut off date)||on or before 24 Aug 2019 (cut off date)|
|Tentative date of reporting to Institute for admission (for selected candidate only)||01 Jul 2019||03 Sep 2019|
|Commencement of course||02 Jul 2019||04 Sep 2019|
The official website of the Army Institute of Fashion Designing is www.aifdonline.in
Application Form for AIFD Bangalore 2019
- The application form can be obtained from the AIFD office or can be downloaded from the Institute’s website.
- A link for downloading the AIFD 2019 Application Form is uploaded on the “Application Form” page as well.
- Fill in the required details in the application form.
- In case the application form is downloaded, relevant documents must be attached with it.
- Incomplete or application submitted after the last date will not be accepted.
The aspirants who are the children of eligible serving Army personnel, eligible ex-Army personnel, and wards of war widows/widows of the Army can apply for admission to the Army Institute of Fashion and Design. The candidates who fall into the following categories of Army personnel are eligible and should submit the relevant certificate as given in the application form:
- Children of serving Army personnel with minimum 10 years continuous service in the Army/ ex Army personnel granted/awarded regular pension, liberalized family pension, family pension or disability pension at the time of their superannuation, demise, discharge, release medical board/invalided medical board. This includes wards of recruits medically boarded out and granted disability pension. – Submit Certificate Number 1
- Adopted child of Army personnel if adopted at least five years prior to seeking admission/ Stepchildren are eligible provided they are born from a wedding where at least one parent belonged to the Army who is otherwise eligible. – Submit Certificate Number 2
- Wards of only those ex Army medical officers / Army Dental Corps officers presently serving with Indian Navy or Indian Air Force who have served with the Army for 10 years / Children of APS / MNS / TA Personnel. – Submit Certificate Number 3
Post Graduate Course only – Seats from those meant for Army wards to be filled up as follows:
- Priority One will be given to the wards of ex-Army personnel who have continuous service between 5 to 10 years in Army.
- Whereas Priority Two will be given to the wards of persons of Assam Rifles.
For UG Course– Pass in 10+2 / Equivalent Examination in any stream from a recognized board with minimum 35% marks. Candidates who have passed their 10+2 examination as a regular candidate are only eligible for admission to B.Sc. (FAD) as per Bengaluru North University norms. Candidates who have passed through distance education system or privately through NIOS (National Institute of Open Schooling)have to offer the same combination of subjects in both 11th and 12th Standard.
For PG Course– Completed graduation in Science/ Engineering in Fashion Design and Textile related any stream of any University / Institution or any other Examination recognized as equivalent as approved by University with a minimum of 50% marks in the aggregate.
The candidate other than fulfilling the above mentioned eligibility criteria should be certified by MH / RMO / Registered Medical Practitioner as physically and mentally fit to pursue the course. A certificate to this effect will be provided in the application form and is to be submitted by the candidates at the time of admission.
Admit Card of AIFD 2019
The admit card for Written Admission Test (WAT) for UG course and Creative Aptitude Test for PG course will be sent to the candidate through the Registered Post. The AIFD 2019 Admit Card will consist of the basic information about the exam such as date, timings, and address of the examination. The candidates who do not receive the admit card prior to the examination should contact the AIFD authorities regarding this.
AIFD Bangalore 2019 of Exam Pattern for WAT/CAT
- Nature of the Test: MCQ
- Total Marks: 100
- Medium of the Test: English only
- Duration of the exam: 3 hours
- Negative Marking: There is no negative marking for any incorrect answer.
The test will have the following components:
- Intelligence and Reasoning Test
- General Awareness Test
- English Language Competency & Comprehension Test. (including short essay)
Result of AIFD Bangalore 2019
The result for the WAT will be published and the result for CAT will be published online at the institute website and also on the notice board of the Institute. The result published online will be in pdf format which will consist of Candidate’s name, exam name, and their roll number. The merit list of the selected candidates will be prepared on the basis of their performance in the WAT or CAT & Interview. After the declaration of result, selected candidates need to pay the required amount for registration and hostel.
Tie Breaker Criteria
In case of more than one candidate obtaining an equal score in the entrance examination, the inter-se merit will be decided in the following order of priority:
- Graduate students in science subjects with higher aggregate marks/percentage in Graduation will be ranked higher
- Graduate students in arts subjects with higher aggregate marks/percentage in Graduation will be placed higher in the merit list.
- Candidates obtaining higher marks in Language Competency & Comprehension Test component in the WAT will be given preference in the merit list.
- For UG Courses as per Candidates’ performance and University admission approval.
For more details of AIFD Bangalore Admission 2019, candidates can download the prospectus.