The Army Institute of Fashion Designing conducts entrance examination for admission in UG and PG courses. The UG admission is granted in B.Sc in FAD, on the basis of Written Admission Test (WAT). Whereas the PG course offered by the institute is M.Sc in FAD and to get admission, candidates need to get through Creative Aptitude Test (CAT) and Interview round.
Right now, the online registration of AIFD 2018 for both the courses is open. The candidates need to fill the form, which also has the admit card and sent both to the institute. Then, on the due date, the successfully registered candidates will get their admit card. Check the eligibility criteria, application process, exam pattern, and more details on AIFD Bangalore Admission 2018 from this page.
AIFD Bangalore Admission 2018
AIFD offered 60 seats in B.Sc. (Fashion and Apparel Design). The total intake for the M.Sc Apparel Technology & Management (Fashion and Apparel Design) is 20. The candidates can check the complete dates about AIFD WAT 2018 and AIFD CAT 2018 from the table below.
|Event||For UG||For PG|
|Last date for submitting the application form||25 Mar 2018||30 Jun 2018|
|Last date for submitting the application form
(with late fee of Rs.100/-)
|31 Mar 2018||05 Jul 2018|
|Admit card will be dispatched||31 Mar 2018||05 July 2018|
|Written Admission Test (WAT) date for UG only||28 Apr 2018||–|
|Creative Aptitude Test (CAT) & Interview for PG only||–||20 July 2018|
|Declaration of Result||08 May 2018||30 Jul 2018|
|Last Date of Registration of candidates for institute and hostel||22 May 2018||12 Aug 2018|
|Announcement of final list of candidate for admission||24 May 2018||12 Aug 2018|
|Dispatch of joining instructions to the selected candidates||25 May 2018||14 Aug 2018|
|Last Date of Payment of balance of Institute and Hostel Fee
and the Last date to withdraw the seat
|06 Jun 2018||24 Aug 2018|
|Reporting to Institute for admission (for selected candidate only)||18 Jun 2018||03 Sep 2018|
|Commencement of course||19 Jun 2018||04 Sep 2018|
The official website of the Army Institute of Fashion Designing is www.aifdonline.in
Application Form for AIFD Bangalore 2018
- The application form can be obtained from the AIFD office or can be downloaded from the Institute’s website.
- A link for downloading the AIFD 2018 Application Form is uploaded on the “Application Form” page as well.
- Fill in the required details in the application form.
- In case the application form is downloaded, relevant documents must be attached with it.
- Incomplete or application submitted after the last date will not be accepted.
Admit Card of AIFD 2018
The admit card for Written Admission Test (WAT) for UG course and Creative Aptitude Test for PG course will be sent to the candidate through the Registered Post. The AIFD 2018 Admit Card will consist of the basic information about the exam such as date, timings, and address of the examination. The candidates who do not receive the admit card prior to the examination should contact the AIFD authorities regarding this.
AIFD Bangalore 2018 of Exam Pattern for WAT/CAT
- Nature of the Test: MCQ
- Total Marks: 100
- Medium of the Test: English only
- Duration of the exam: 3 hours
- Negative Marking: There is no negative marking for any incorrect answer.
The test will have the following components:
- Intelligence and Reasoning Test
- General Awareness Test
- English Language Competency & Comprehension Test. (including short essay)
Result of AIFD Bangalore 2018
The result for the WAT and CAT will be published online at the institute website and also on the notice board of the Institute. The result published online will be in pdf format which will consist of Candidate’s name, exam name, and their roll number. The merit list of the selected candidates will be prepared on the basis of their performance in the WAT or CAT & Interview. After the declaration of result, selected candidates need to pay the required amount for registration and hostel.
Tie Breaker Criteria
In case of more than one candidate obtaining an equal score in the entrance examination, the inter-se merit will be decided in the following order of priority:
- Graduate students in science subjects with higher aggregate marks/percentage in Graduation will be ranked higher
- Graduate students in arts subjects with higher aggregate marks/percentage in Graduation will be placed higher in the merit list.
- Candidates obtaining higher marks in Language Competency & Comprehension Test component in the WAT will be given preference in the merit list.
- For UG Courses as per Candidates’ performance and University admission approval.
The aspirants who are the children of eligible serving Army personnel, eligible ex-Army personnel, and wards of war widows/widows of the Army can apply for admission to the Army Institute of Fashion and Design. The candidates who fall into the following categories of Army personnel are eligible and should submit the relevant certificate as given in the application form:
- Children of serving Army personnel with minimum 10 years continuous service in the Army/ ex Army personnel granted/awarded regular pension, liberalized family pension, family pension or disability pension at the time of their superannuation, demise, discharge, release medical board/invalided medical board. This includes wards of recruits medically boarded out and granted disability pension. – Submit Certificate Number 1
- Adopted child of Army personnel if adopted at least five years prior to seeking admission/ Stepchildren are eligible provided they are born from a wedding where at least one parent belonged to the Army who is otherwise eligible. – Submit Certificate Number 2
- Wards of only those ex Army medical officers / Army Dental Corps officers presently serving with Indian Navy or Indian Air Force who have served with the Army for 10 years / Children of APS / MNS / TA Personnel. – Submit Certificate Number 3
Post Graduate Course only – Seats from those meant for Army wards to be filled up as follows:
- Priority One will be given to the wards of ex-Army personnel who have continuous service between 5 to 10 years in Army
- Whereas Priority Two will be given to the wards of persons of Assam Rifles
For UG Course- Pass in 10+2 / Equivalent Examination in any stream from a recognized board with minimum 35% marks.
For PG Course- Completed graduation in Science/ Engineering in Fashion Design and Textile related any stream of any University / Institution or any other Examination recognized as equivalent as approved by University with a minimum of 50% marks in the aggregate.
The candidate other than fulfilling the above mentioned eligibility criteria should be certified by MH / RMO / Registered Medical Practitioner as physically and mentally fit to pursue the course. A certificate to this effect will be provided in the application form and is to be submitted by the candidates at the time of admission.
For more details of AIFD Bangalore Admission 2018, candidates can download the prospectus.