AIFD Bangalore Admission 2020: The application form of AIFD 2020 has been released by the AIFD. The Army Institute of Fashion Designing conducts entrance examination for admission in UG and PG courses. The UG admission is granted in B.Sc in FAD on the basis of Computer Based Test (CBT). WAT is conducted in the online mode for undergraduate courses. Whereas the PG course offered by the institute is M.Sc in FAD and to get admission, candidates need to get through Creative Aptitude Test (CAT) and Interview round. Check the eligibility criteria, application process, exam pattern, and more details on AIFD Bangalore Admission 2020 from this page.
Latest: The application form of AIFD Bangalore Admission 2020 has been released. Click here to apply.
AIFD Bangalore Admission 2020
For the UG, candidates can fill the application form in online mode. For PG courses, it can be downloaded from website. The candidates can check the complete dates about AIFD CBT 2020 and AIFD CAT 2020 from the table below.
|Event||For UG||For PG|
|Start date of application form||01 Feb 2020||Started|
|Last date for submitting the application form||31 Mar 2020||30 Jun 2020|
|Scrutiny of Online Application and Uploaded Documents||15 Apr 2020||05 Jul 2020|
|Admit card is dispatched||30 Apr 2020 to : 09 May 2020||05 Jul 2020 Onward|
|Computer Based Test date for UG only||09 May 2020 (2 PM To 5 PM)||–|
|Creative Aptitude Test (CAT) & Interview for PG only||–||23 Jul 2020|
|Declaration of Result||25 May 2020||30 Jul 2020|
|Registration of candidates for institute and hostel by paying Rs.10,000/-and Rs.5,000/- respectively||10 Jun 2020||on or before 12 Aug 2020|
|Announcement of final list of candidate for admission||10 Jun 2020||–|
|Dispatch of joining instructions to the selected candidates||10 Jun 2020||14 Aug 2020|
|Last Date of Payment of balance of Institute and Hostel Fee|
and the Last date to withdraw the seat
|on or before 12 Jun 2020||on or before 24 Aug 2020|
|Tentative date of reporting to Institute for admission (for selected candidate only)||15 Jun 2020||03 Sept 2020|
|Commencement of course||16 Jun 2020||04 Sept 2020|
Application Form for AIFD Bangalore 2020
The application form is filled through the official website only in the online mode for the all UG courses. For PG courses, application form can be obtained from the official website and send to the institute address. Eligible candidates can see the steps to fill the Admission Application Form from here.
For UG course
- The application form for UG can be filled from the AIFD website.
- A link for downloading the AIFD 2020 Application Form is shown on the official website.
- Fill in the required details in the application form.
- Incomplete or application submitted after the last date is not be accepted.
For PG course
- The application form for the PG course can be obtained from the official website. Candidates can fill the form by themselves.
- Along with a crossed demand draft for Rs 500/- towards application in favour of Army Institute Of Fashion & Design payable at Bangalore. Money order/Cheque/Postal order is not accepted.
- The application fee for AIFD Bangalore 2020 is Rs 750 for UG is to be paid online through Debit / Credit Card / Net Banking as Admission Registration Fee.
- The application fee for the PG course is Rs 500 with crossed demand draft in favour of Army Institute Of Fashion & Design payable at Bangalore.
AIFD Bangalore Admission 2020 Eligibility Criteria
The aspirants who are the children of eligible serving Army personnel, eligible ex-Army personnel, and wards of war widows/widows of the Army can apply for admission to the Army Institute of Fashion and Design. The candidates who fall into the following categories of Army personnel are eligible and should submit the relevant certificate as given in the application form:
- Children of serving Army personnel with minimum 10 years continuous service in the Army/ ex Army personnel granted/awarded regular pension, liberalised family pension, family pension or disability pension at the time of their superannuation, demise, discharge, release medical board/invalided medical board. This includes wards of recruits medically boarded out and granted disability pension. – Submit Certificate Number 1
- Adopted child of Army personnel if adopted at least five years prior to seeking admission/ Stepchildren are eligible provided they are born from a wedding where at least one parent belonged to the Army who is otherwise eligible. – Submit Certificate Number 2
- Wards of only those ex Army medical officers / Army Dental Corps officers presently serving with Indian Navy or Indian Air Force who have served with the Army for 10 years / Children of APS / MNS / TA Personnel. – Submit Certificate Number 3
Post Graduate Course only – Seats from those meant for Army wards to be filled up as follows:
- Priority One will be given to the wards of ex-Army personnel who have continuous service between 5 to 10 years in Army.
- Whereas Priority Two will be given to the wards of persons of Assam Rifles.
For UG Course– Pass in 10+2 / Equivalent Examination in any stream from a recognised board with minimum 35% marks. Candidates who have passed their 10+2 examination as a regular candidate are only eligible for admission to B.Sc. (FAD) as per Bengaluru North University norms. Candidates who have passed through distance education system or privately through NIOS (National Institute of Open Schooling)have to offer the same combination of subjects in both 11th and 12th Standard.
For PG Course– Completed graduation in Science/ Engineering in Fashion Design and Textile related any stream of any University / Institution or any other Examination recognised as equivalent as approved by University with a minimum of 50% marks in the aggregate.
Physical Fitness: The candidate other than fulfilling the above mentioned eligibility criteria should be certified by MH / RMO / Registered Medical Practitioner as physically and mentally fit to pursue the course. A certificate to this effect will be provided in the application form and is to be submitted by the candidates at the time of admission.
AIFD Bangalore Admission 2020 Seat Intake
Candidates who are wishing to take admission in this institute can see the seat intake for the same from here.
- UG Course in B.Sc. (Fashion and Apparel Design), Seats – 60 Intake (54 Seats are available for wards of army personnel)
- PG Course in M.Sc (Fashion and.Apparel Design), Seats – 20 Intake
AIFD Bangalore 2020 of Exam Pattern for CBT/CAT
There is online admission test is conducted for the UG course students.
- Nature of the Test: MCQ type question are there.
- Total Marks: 100 marks in total.
- Medium of the Test: The medium of the test is English only.
- Duration of the exam: The total duration of the test is 3 hours.
- Negative Marking: There is no negative marking for any incorrect answer.
The test have the following components:
- Intelligence and Reasoning Test
- General Awareness Test
- English Language Competency & Comprehension Test. (including short essay)
Admit Card of AIFD 2020
The admit card for CBT for UG course and Creative Aptitude Test for PG course will be sent to the candidate through the Registered Post. The AIFD 2020 Admit Card will consist of the basic information about the exam such as date, timings, and address of the examination. The candidates who do not receive the admit card prior to the examination should contact the AIFD authorities regarding this.
Exam Centre for AIFD 2020
As the entrance exam is held online, the detailed address of the centres is available on the admit card once registration is completed. The candidates are informed through the admit card about their examination centre. Candidates is asked to fill their choice for the examination centre they wish to appear for the CBT at the time of the registration. The examination centres is allotted to the candidates as per their first / second choice.
Result of AIFD Bangalore 2020
The result for the CBT will be published and the result for CAT will be published online at the institute website and also on the notice board of the Institute. The result published online is in pdf format which is consist of Candidate’s name, exam name, and their roll number. The merit list of the selected candidates is also prepared on the basis of their performance in the CBT or CAT & Interview. After the declaration of result, selected candidates need to pay the required amount for registration and hostel.
Tie Breaker Criteria:
In case of more than one candidate obtaining an equal score in the entrance examination, the inter-se merit will be decided in the following order of priority:
- Graduate students in science subjects with higher aggregate marks/percentage in Graduation will be ranked higher
- Graduate students in arts subjects with higher aggregate marks/percentage in Graduation will be placed higher in the merit list.
- Candidates obtaining higher marks in Language Competency & Comprehension Test component in the CBT will be given preference in the merit list.
- For UG Courses as per Candidates’ performance and University admission approval.
AIFD Bangalore 2020 Fee Structure
Candidates can see the fee structure of AIFD Bangalore 2020 for UG and PG courses from here.
For UG courses:
For PG courses:
AIFD Bangalore 2020 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Answer. The Army Institute of Fashion Designing conducts entrance examination for admission in UG and PG courses in AIFD Bangalore.
Answer. By appearing for the CBT examination, which is normally conducted during the last week of April every year at 5 different centres of the country. For the PG courses, candidates have to appear for the CAT and interview.
Answer. Merit lists for the institution UG/PG Programs is according to candidates’ performance in the CBT / CAT and the Interview (PG only).
Answer. The mode of the examination for the undergraduate courses is online that is Computer Based Test.
For more details of AIFD Bangalore Admission 2020, candidates can download the prospectus.
Official Website: aifdonline.in
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.