IFTK Entrance Exam 2022: Institute of Fashion Technology (IFTK), Kerala, has announced the IFTK entrance exam.This Fashion and Design Entrance Exams is going to be conducted on 06 July 2022. Whereas, personal interview will held between 07 July to July 08, 2022. Interested applicants can check all the detail related to IFTK Entrance Exam 2022, on the official website i.e. iftk.ac.in. Institute of Fashion Technology Kerala offers admission to B.Des – Fashion Design. Bachelor of Design – Fashion Design is a 4-year degree course. Class 10+2 passed students are eligible to take part in admission process. Selection of candidates is done using an Aptitude Test followed by a Personal Interview. Check detailed information on IFTK Entrance Exam 2022 through this page.
Latest – IFTK Entrance Exam 2022 is going to be held on 06 July 2022 and User ID, Login Password, URL of the Entrance Examination will be sent to the registered candidates through Email and Whatsapp on 04 July 2022. Scroll down to check the more details.
IFTK Entrance Exam 2022
IFTK’s Bachelor of Design is a full-time programme that employs the best methods and practices to develop young and sensitive designers in the field of fashion. It is expected that A total of 60 seats are available for admission in B.Des course for the academic session 2022-23.
IFTK Entrance Exam 2022 Overview
Here is a brief overview of the IFTK 2022 entrance examination.
|Name of the Exam||IFTK Entrance Exam|
|Conducting Body||IFTK (Institute of Fashion Technology Kerala)|
|Recurrence||Once a year|
|Exam Mode||Offline; Pen and paper-based|
|Level of the Exam||University-level|
Important Dates for IFTK Entrance Exam 2022
|Applications start||06 Apr 2022|
|Applications end||30 Jun 2022|
|IFTK Entrance Exam||06 Jul 2022|
General Ability Test : 01.30 PM to 3.00 PM
Creative Ability Test : 03.15 PM to 05.15 PM
|Personal Interview Dates||07 – 08 Jul 2022|
|Publication of General Merit list||to be announced|
|Admission Counselling and remittance of fees||to be announced|
|Commencement of classes||1st week of Aug 2022|
Note: User ID, Login Password, URL of the Entrance Examination will be sent to the registered candidates through Email and Whatsapp on 04 July 2022.
IFTK Entrance Exam 2022 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates willing to get admission into Bachelor of Design degree course in the institute have to fulfill the eligibility conditions put in place. Check the points mentioned below for eligibility details.
- Candidate must have passed Class 12th from a recognized Board of Education.
- A minimum of 50% aggregate marks must be scored in the qualifying examination (10+2).
Seats are reserved for candidates belonging to Schedule Castes, Scheduled Tribes and Other Backward Classes as per the norms of the Government of Kerala and the University of Kerala.
IFTK Entrance Exam 2022 Application Form
It is expected that The IFTK Application Form 2022 for the entrance exam is released in both, online and offline mode. Interested students can apply by visiting the official website, iftk.ac.in.
- Students are required to fill in all necessary information and paste a recent passport size photo on the application form. They also need to sign and date with ink and attach all the applicable documents along with the form.
- Application forms should be sent to the following address, together with a Demand Draft for Rs.1,200/- (Rs.1500/- if downloaded from the website) written in the favour of “Principal, Institute of Fashion Technology Kerala” payable at Kollam.
- The Principal
Institute of Fashion Technology Kerala, Vellimon West P O,
Kollam, Kerala – 691511
Phone: 0474 2547775
- The Principal
- Eligible applicants may additionally send their income and community certifications (if applicable) together with the completed application form to be considered for a reservation in admission. After the deadline, forms will not be accepted. The institution is not responsible for any delays or loss of forms or communication during postal or courier delivery. Candidates are advised to send their application forms only via India Post.
IFTK Entrance Exam 2022 Admit Card / Hall Ticket
After the completion of the application procedure and payment of the registration fee, students will be able to receive their IFTK Entrance Exam Admit Card from the official website.
- Students must print their admit card for carrying to the test centre, along with a valid photo ID.
- Before the test, students must double-check all pertinent information, such as the candidate’s name, roll number, examination center, reporting time, and so on.
IFTK Entrance Exam 2022 Syllabus
The applicants have to appear for an Aptitude Test, in order to be shortlisted for further admission process. Aptitude Test is further divided into 2 tests. Let us check the complete syllabus for IFTK – B.Des in Fashion Design Entrance Exam here.
- General Ability Test (GAT): It is further sub-divided into 5 parts- Quantitative Ability, Communication Ability, English Comprehension, Analytical Ability and General Knowledge & Current Affairs. The detailed syllabus is given in the table below.
- Creative Ability Test (CAT): This test is conducted to test the examinees’ power of observation, skill, design ability and innovation. Candidate’s use of the colour and illustration is carefully analysed in the test.
|Quantitative Ability||Communication Ability|
|Division||Words with corresponding meanings|
|Fractions||Singular & Plural|
|Percentage||One word Substitution|
|Rate of Interest||Idioms & Phrases|
|Work and time||Correct Spellings|
|Ratio & Proportion|
IFTK Entrance Exam 2022 Exam Pattern
The test takers are recommended to read and analyse the pattern of the entrance exam before appearing for the test. We are providing the same below. Please note that this is based on last year’s information.
- Number of Tests- 2 tests are conducted to test the candidates – GAT and CAT.
- Number of Questions in GAT- Total 100 questions are asked from all the sections combined in the General Ability Test.
- Type of Questions in CAT- Creative Ability Test comprises of situation based questions. Candidates have to visually represent their creativity by illustrations and colors.
- Duration of the Entrance Exam- 2 hours are allotted for each of the tests- therefore, total 4 hours.
- Negative Marking- There is no negative marking in IFTK Entrance Exam 2022, i.e, no mark is deducted for incorrect answers.
IFTK Entrance Exam 2022 Interview
Candidates have to appear for a Personal Interview after the Aptitude Test. It is usually conducted on the same day as the IFTK Entrance Exam. The Interview panel judges the candidates on the following parameters:
- Career Orientation
- Suitability for the field
- Academic Achievements
- Co-curricular activities
- General Awareness and Aptitude
- Creative and Lateral Thinking
IFTK Entrance Exam 2022 Result
The IFTK Result 2022 is declared provisionally in online mode.
- The Institute of Fashion Technology Kerala will announce the result online and students will be able to view their scorecard on the official website, iftk.ac.in
- The Institute releases a merit list of the students on the basis of the scores obtained by them in the test.
- Based on that list, students will be invited to the Personal Interview round.
The institute provides immense placement opportunities to its B.Des degree students. It has tie-ups with the leading brands of apparel industry. Students get placed in various designations of design, planning, merchandising, styling, production and quality fields. Some of the placement partners for the last year are as below.
|Jockey India||Shopper Stop|
|Ziva Maternity Wear||Fatiz|
|Hari Anand Design Studio|
Institute of Fashion Technology Kerala (IFTK)
IFTK was established by the Government of Kerala in association with the National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT). The institute was set up under the aegis of CCEK (Centre for Continuing Education Kerala). The aim of IFTK is to develop professionals to take up leading positions in the global fashion business. The Institute is aimed at providing a common platform for fashion education, research and training.
IFTK Entrance Exam 2022 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Ans. 10+2 passed candidates with 50% aggregate marks are eligible to apply.
Ans. The eligible candidates can obtain the application form from the institute or download online form IFTK’s website. Filled-in application form must be sent to the institute, along with application fee and Income & Community Certificate.
Ans. The candidates have to appear for Aptitude Test followed by a Personal Interview.
Official Website: iftk.ac.in
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.