Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) 2018 will be held on May 13, 2018. It will be held at a national level, across the country. Every year, one of the National Law Universities (NLU) conducts the entrance examination for admission in 18 NLUs. The CLAT UG is held for admission in BA LLB and BBA LLB courses. For it, students can apply after class 12. Whereas, CLAT PG is held for the intake of candidates in LLM course. Candidates interested in CLAT UG or PG can apply online in the month of January 2018. Know the CLAT 2018 dates, conducting body, exam pattern, eligibility criteria, syllabus.
It is now confirmed that the NLU which will organize CLAT 2018 is NUALS Kochi. Also, NUALS Kochi has revealed CLAT 2018 exam date.
|Online Application Form Rolls-out||First week of January, 2018|
|Deadline to apply for Online Application form||Fourth week of March, 2018|
|Issue of Admit-Cards||Third week of April, 2018|
|Examination Date of CLAT 2018||13 May 2018|
- Previous Year Question Papers with Answers
- Sample Papers
- Preparation – Tips And Strategy To Prepare For CLAT
- Important Books
- Topper Interviews – Know How Toppers Prepared For CLAT
Age Limit: You must be below the age of 20 years as on July 01, 2018. In case of SC/ ST/ OBC/ Specially Abled Persons, candidates over the age of 22 are not eligible.
- General/ OBC/ Specially Abled Persons (SAP): They must have passed (10+2) examination with at least 45% aggregate
- SC/ST: They must have secured 40% aggregate in 10+2 examination
- Aspirants who are going to appear for 10+2 examination shall also apply
Pattern for UG Courses in CLAT 2018
It is a computer-based online exam which composes 5 sections for which aspirants shall be provided 2 hours to finish the exam. Last year, negative marking of 0.25 mark was allotted for incorrect answers.
|English & Reading Comprehension||40||
|General Knowledge/ Current Affairs||50|
Pattern for PG Courses in CLAT 2018
The question paper consist of three sections namely Constitutional Law, Jurisprudence and Other Law subjects such as Contract, Torts, Criminal Law, International Law, Family Law, Property Law, IPR etc.
You shall be given 2 hours to complete the exam and negative marking of 0.25 mark will be implied for an incorrect answer.
|Constitutional Law||50||2 Hours|
|Other Law Subjects||50|
CLAT Application Form 2018
The Application-Fee won’t be refunded once paid. This year, there might be changes in the fee structure therefore check the official link time to time.
|SC/ ST Category||Rs. 3500/-|
|Unreserved/ SAP/ OBC/ Others||Rs. 4000/-|
Prerequisites before filling the Application Form
Be prepared with the following documents and information prior to fill up the application form-
- Personal Information: Enter your name, Email Address, Mobile Number, Date of Birth.
- Address Details: Permanent Address, PIN Code
- Educational Details: Percentage of Marks/ CGPA of Board Exam
- Preferred Course
- Preferred three choices of CLAT examination cities.
- Recent Passport size photograph as per specification mentioned table.
- Your signature as per the specifications mentioned below in the table.
- A soft-copy of SAP certificate as per specifications.
List of Participating Universities that accept CLAT 2018
- National Law School of India University, Bangalore (NLSIU)
- National Academy of Legal Study and Research University of Law, Hyderabad (NALSAR)
- The National Law Institute University, Bhopal(NLIU)
- The West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences, Kolkata (WBNUJS)
- National Law University, Jodhpur (NLUJ)
- Hidayatullah National Law University, Raipur (HNLU)
- Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar (GNLU)
- Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University, Lucknow (RMLNLU)
- Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Punjab (RGNUL)
- Chanakya National Law University, Patna (CNLU)
- The National University of Advanced Legal Studies, Kochi (NUALS)
- National Law University Odisha, Cuttack (NLUO)
- National University of Study and Research in Law, Ranchi (NUSRL)
- National Law University and Judicial Academy, Assam (NLUJAA)
- Damodaram Sanjivayya National Law University, Visakhapatnam (DSNLU)
- Tamil Nadu National Law School, Tiruchirappalli (TNNLS)
- Maharashtra National Law University, Mumbai (MNLU)
- Maharashtra National Law University, Nagpur (MNLU)
CLAT Admit Card 2018
Admit cards shall be issued by the registered aspirants before the few weeks of day of examination through the official website www.clat.ac.in . To generate the admit card, you are required to enter your User ID and Password. Do not forget to bring the admit card to the examination center or else you shall not be allowed to sit for the exam. Hall-Ticket/ Admit card contains crucial details-Name, Roll Number, Photograph, Signature, Exam Schedule and Venue Address.
CLAT Result 2018
Log on to the official website and on home page, click on ‘CLAT 2018 Scorecard’ to view the login page and enter the following details to generate the result-
- Registered Email-ID
CLAT Counselling 2018
After the announcement of results, counselling process will occur in which seats will be allotted based on ‘Merit-cum-preference’ i.e., CLAT 2018 Rank and preferred college. Counselling will be done online in the month of June, 2018.
Official Website of CLAT Exam: clat.ac.in.
If you have any queries regarding CLAT Exam, admissions, preparation; please ask here in comments below.