CLAT 2020 Application Form – Candidates can now fill and submit CLAT application form from clatconsortiumofnlu.ac.in. To apply, class 12 passed / appearing candidates first need to ensure the eligibility criteria and then register by providing the basic details like name, mobile number, password etc. After registration, candidates can login and enter details, images, fee, etc. in the application form CLAT 2020. Candidates can submit fee online. Check how to fill CLAT 2020 application form, fee details, documents needed to apply, and more information from this page.
Latest: CLAT 2020 application form has been released. Apply from the link below.
CLAT 2020 Application Form
To take admisison in one of the 23 NLUs of the nation, candidates have to apply for CLAT 2020. The qualifiers of the national level law entrance exam can take admission in undergraduate (UG) and postgraduate (PG) law programmes offered by these NLUs. Interested candidates can check the important dates related to CLAT 2020 application form from the table below:
|CLAT 2020 Application Form||Important Dates|
|Registration starts from||01 Jan 2020|
|Last date to register||31 Mar 2020|
|CLAT 2020 exam date||10 May 2020|
Apply Here: Click here to fill CLAT 2020 application form.
CLAT 2020 Application Fee
The application fee of CLAT 2020 differs from category to caregory which you can check from the table below:
|General / OBC / PWD / NRI / PIO / OCI candidates||Rs. 4000|
|SC / ST / BPL candidates||Rs. 3500|
Mode of application fee payment of CLAT 2020:
- Net banking
- Card – Debot or Credit
- UPI / QR – Google pay, PhonePe, BHIM, paytm, airtel and other apps.
Documents to be Uploaded in the CLAT 2020 Application Form
Candidates can check the documents required to upload in the CLAT 2020 application form from below:
- Recent passport-sized photograph
- SC / ST / OBC certificate (if applicable)
- PWD certificate (if applicable)
- BPL Certificate (if applicable)
– The original certificates/documents issued by the competent authority as specified
– The photograph and signature of the candidate need not be attested
– All documents/certificates should be uploaded in pdf format only
Image Specification For CLAT 2020 Application Form
Candidates can check below the specification of the document that are to be used for scanning thedocuments. Documents if not uploaded as per these specifications, are not accepted.
|Photograph||JPEG||20 KB – 50 KB|
|Signature||JPEG||10 KB – 20 KB|
How To Apply the CLAT 2020 Application Form
The application process of CLAT 2020 is an entirely online. Thus it is important to make sure that the steps to apply is understood well before hand. For this check the below given process of CLAT 2020 application form:
Step 1 – Register
- Click on the direct link available on this page or visit the official website to access the “Register” as shown in the image below:
- To register, enter the details like name, mobile number, and password of choice. Check the image below for reference:
Step 2 – OTP verification
- Once you have entered the details and clicked on the “register” button, you receive an OTP on the registered mobile number. Use the PTP to activate your CLAT 2020 account.
- You can check the account activation message on the screen once the activation is done. The message appears like the one shown below:
Step 3 – Login
- Now login into the account using mobile number and the password you have created.
Step 4 – Filling of CLAT 2020 application form
- First of all, read all the instructions and select the level you are applying for that is UG or PG, as shown in te image below:
- Next, the candidates have to enter details like personal information, communication details, qualifying examination details, preferences and reservation details
- In the personal details, section candidates have to first upload the images as per the specifications mentioned on this page above.
Important: At the end of the application form candidates have to give various choice regarding reservation this because:
Different universities provide admission under different reservation categories. Based on your profile fields (All India Category, Gender, Nationality, Person With Disability), the applicable categories are already selected. However, if you want to claim a reservation under additional categories, then you have to fill in this part accordingly.
Step 5 – Edit form / delete form / make payment
In this step candidates can practice any one of the below given actions:
- Edit the application form: before making the application fee payments candidates can make changes in the form as many times as they want.
- Delete form: This section deletes all the application form data.
- Make payment: To submit the form, candidates have to click on this button and pay the application fee.
While making the payment you can check the box that says: “Do you want Previous Year Question Papers?”, If you select this option then you are needed to pay off Rs. 500 extra.
Details to be Entered in CLAT 2020 Application Form
Candidates have to fill correct and valid details in the application form. Check the list of the details to be filled in CLAT 2020 application form:
- Name of the candidate
- Active mobile number
- Active email id
- Password of choice
- Applicants name
- Date of birth
- Father’s name
- Mother’s name
- PWD status
- State of domicile
- State of residence
- State of nationality
- Select course Undergraduate/ Postgraduate
- Qualified exam of QE
- Board/University of QE
- Exam status of QE
- Month of passing of QE
- Year of passing of QE
- Percentage of QE
- Test Center
- Admission Univerisity
CLAT 2020 Application Form Status
Under the login of the candidates can check the application status. The status shows whether the application form is pending, it has been submitted and hat is the payment status. as per the status of the application form, candidates have to complete the process.
CLAT 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must check the below-given eligibility criteria before applying for CLAT 2020:
For the UG Law Courses:
- Age limit – No upper age limit for an undergraduate program in CLAT 2020
- Qualifying exam – 10+2 or an equivalent examination
- Minimum marks in qualifying exam – 45% for the General/OBC/PWD/NRI/PIO/OCI candidates and 40% for the SC/ST candidates
For PG law Courses:
- Age limit –No upper age limit for a postgraduate program in CLAT 2020
- Qualifying exam – LL.B Degree or an equivalent examination
- Minimum marks in qualifying exam – 55% of marks or its equivalent grade in case of candidates belonging to General/OBC/PWD/NRI/PIO/OCI categories and 50% of marks or its equivalent grade in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST categories.
Books for CLAT 2020 Preparation
candidates can check below the books that they can refer for the preparation of CLAT 2020 exam:
|Self Study Guide CLAT 2020||Click Here|
|Guide to CLAT & LL.B. Entrance Examination 2020-21||Click Here|
|CLAT & AILET Chapter Wise Solved Papers 2008-2019||Click Here|
|Latest 2019-2020 Guide to CLAT & LL.B. Entrance Examination||Click Here|
|Complete CLAT Companion with Free Current Affairs Booklet by Pearson||Click Here|
CLAT 2020 Admit Card
Candidates who have successfully filled the application form can download admit card for CLAT exam. It is issued online on the official website, consortiumofnlus.ac.in. Candidates can download it by entering the application number/ mobile number and password. Exam venue, timings, date, name. photograph and signature are mentioned on admit card. Candidates have to carry the hard copy of admit card for entry in examination hall. Without admit card, candidates can not appear for the exam.
Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) is conducted for admission in 22 National Law Universities in India and it is a common entrance test for all of them. Other than that 43 other institutes and two public sectors are also eligible to use these scores. The test is taken after the higher secondary education or 12th grade for admission to undergraduate courses and after undergraduation in Law for admission in the PG courses.
CLAT 2020 Registration Frequently Asked Questions
Ans : Candidates can apply for CLAT 2020 by Registering on the official website as per the schedule. To register as a new user, candidates have to enter their Email Id and mobile Number.
Ans : The mode of the CLAT 2020 Application form is Online mode.
Ans : The Application fee is Rs. 4000 (General/ OBC/ PwD/ NRI/ PIO/ OCI candidates) and Rs. 3,500 (SC/ ST/ BPL candidates).
Ans : No, there is no provision of CLAT 2020 Application Form correction after the final submission.
Ans : The size of the candidate’s photograph, signature and other certificates are - 20 Kb - 50 Kb, 10 Kb to 20 Kb and 2 MB respectively. The format of all the documents should be JPEG only.
Ans : All the candidates must have passed the qualifying examination or equivalent examination with an aggregate of 45 % marks (for UG aspirants) and 55 % marks (for PG aspirants).
Ans : You can take out the Printout of the CLAT 2020 Application form by connecting the printer to the system.
Ans : After the final submission of the Application form, candidates receives a confirmation message on the next window. The message is also sent to the Registered email Id and candidate’s mobile number.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.