CLAT 2020 Application Form – The last date to fill and submit CLAT application form 2020 was July 10, 2020. Further, the Consortium of National Law Universities is now allowing the registered candidates to pot out of the exam, if they want, with a partial refund of fee. To apply for CLAT, candidates need to create an account by entering name, mobile number, and password. After this, candidates need to activate the account by entering the provided OTP. Following this, candidates can access the application form for CLAT 2020 and enter the required details in it. To submit the application form successfully, candidates also have to upload images and pay the application fees. Know CLAT 2020 application form fee, process to submit it, important documents, and more details here.
Dear candidates, due to COVID-19 rising cases in the nation, the following decisions have been made by the Consortium of National Law Universities. These are:
1. All registered candidates shall select or reconfirm their test centers before July 10, 2020.
2. Registered candidates can also withdraw their registration by July 10, 2020.
3. The last date to apply has been extended to July 10, 2020. Apply using the direct link below.
CLAT 2020 Application Form
After submitting CLAT 2020 application form, candidates can download CLAT previous year question papers. These are available in the login and to get these extra fee is to be paid. The important dates for the application form of CLAT are as follows:
|CLAT 2020 Application Form||Important Dates|
|Registration starts from||01 Jan 2020|
|Last date to register|
|Last date to withdraw registration||10 Jul 2020|
|Last date to change and reconfirm exam centres||10 Jul 2020|
Apply for CLAT 2020: Click here to fill and submit CLAT 2020 application form. (over)
Verify Email ID for CLAT 2020
Candidates who applied for CLAT by completing the payment, have to verify their email ID. Log in to your account and click the “Validate Email” button to complete the verification process
CLAT 2020 Applications Fee
The CLAT 2020 application fee is to be paid online towards the end of the application process. The application fee is specified in the table below:
|Category||Application fee||Application fee with|
previous year papers
|General / OBC / PWD / NRI / PIO / OCI candidates||Rs. 4000||Rs. 4000 + Rs. 500|
|SC / ST / BPL candidates||Rs. 3500||Rs. 3500 + Rs. 500|
Mode of application fee payment of CLAT 2020:
- Net banking, or
- Card – Debit or Credit, or
- UPI / QR – Google pay, PhonePe, BHIM, paytm, airtel and other apps.
Fee deduction for withdrawing of application form:
The candidates who decide to opt out of the registration for CLAT 2020, shall be refunded the application fee after the deduction of the following amount:
|SC / ST||Rs. 400|
CLAT 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must check the below-given eligibility criteria before applying for CLAT 2020:
|Qualifying exam||10+2 or an equivalent examination||LL.B Degree or equivalent|
|Min. marks in QE||SC / ST – 40%|
Others – 45%
|SC / ST – 50%|
Others – 55%
Documents to Arrange Before Filling CLAT 2020 Application Form
The below-given documents must be arranged by the candidates before they fill the application form of CLAT. The documents needs to be scanned as they have to be uploaded in the online form.
Mandatory for all candidates
1. Passport-sized photo
Needed as per the category of candidates
1. SC / ST / OBC certificate
2. PWD certificate
3. BPL Certificate
Specifications To Scan Documents for CLAT 2020 Application Form
The above application form must be scanned as per the specification below to upload in the CLAT 2020 application form:
|Photograph||JPEG||20 KB – 50 KB|
|Signature||JPEG||10 KB – 20 KB|
How to Apply the CLAT 2020 Application Form
To apply for CLAT 2020 candidates have to follow a process that is completely online. The steps to apply for CLAT 2020 is explained below in detail.
Step 1 – Register
- Click on the direct link available on this page or visit the official website to access the “Register” as shown in the image below:
- To register, enter the details like name, mobile number, and password of choice. Check the image below for reference:
Step 2 – OTP verification
- Once you have entered the details and clicked on the “register” button, you receive an OTP on the registered mobile number. Use the OTP to activate your CLAT 2020 account.
- You can check the account activation message on the screen once the activation is done. The message appears like the one shown below:
Step 3 – Login
- Now login into the account using mobile number and the password you have created.
Step 4 – Filling of CLAT 2020 application form
- First of all, read all the instructions and select the level you are applying for that is UG or PG, as shown in the image below:
- Next, the candidates have to enter details like personal information, communication details, qualifying examination details, preferences and reservation details
- In the personal details, section candidates have to first upload the images as per the specifications mentioned on this page above.
- Important: At the end of the application form candidates have to give various choice regarding reservation this because different universities provide admission under different reservation categories. Based on your profile fields (All India Category, Gender, Nationality, Person With Disability), the applicable categories are already selected. However, if you want to claim a reservation under additional categories, then you have to fill in this part accordingly.
Step 5 – Edit form / delete form / make payment
In this step candidates can practice any one of the below given actions:
- Edit the application form: Before making the application fee payments candidates can make changes in the form as many times as they want.
- Delete form: This section deletes all the application form data.
- Make payment: To submit the form, candidates have to click on this button and pay the application fee.
- While making the payment you can check the box that says: “Do you want Previous Year Question Papers?”, If you select this option then you are needed to pay off Rs. 500 extra.
Note: For assistance with CLAT application process contact help desk at [email protected], or call at 08047162020 between 10:00 am to 05:00 pm on all working days.
Details to be Entered in CLAT 2020 Application Form
All details that are entered in CLAT 2020 application must be correct. The checklist of fields that are to filled in CLAT 2020 application form are:
At the time of registration:
- Mobile number
- Password of choice
While filling the online form:
- Name of the candidate
- Active mobile number
- Active email id
- Password of choice
- Applicants name
- Date of birth
- Father’s name
- Mother’s name
- PWD status
- State of domicile
- State of residence
- State of nationality
- Select course Undergraduate/ Postgraduate
- Qualified exam
- Board/University of the qualifying exam
- Exam status of the qualifying exam
- Month of passing of the qualifying exam
- Year of passing of the qualifying exam
- Percentage of the qualifying exam
- Test Center
- Admission University
CLAT 2020 Application Form Correction
Once candidates submit the CLAT application form they cannot make changes in the fields. Also, the application form correction window also does not open in CLAT unlike in some other exams. However, before submitting the application form, that is before paying off the fee, candidates can edit the form numerous time.
In case candidates have made mistakes in the form, they are needed to register again and pay the application fee again.
CLAT 2020 Application Form Status
All registered candidates can check the status of their CLAT application form under their respective login. The status shows whether the application form is pending, it has been submitted and what is the payment status. As per the status of the application form, candidates have to complete the process.
Status shown if the application fee is unpaid:
Status shown if the application fee is paid:
CLAT 2020 Admit Card
Candidates who have successfully filled the application form can download admit card for CLAT exam. It is issued online on the official website, consortiumofnlus.ac.in. Candidates can download it by entering the application number/ mobile number and password. Exam venue, timings, date, name. photograph and signature are mentioned on admit card. Candidates have to carry the hard copy of admit card for entry in examination hall. Without admit card, candidates can not appear for the exam.
Books for CLAT 2020 Preparation
candidates can check below the books that they can refer for the preparation of CLAT 2020 exam:
|Self Study Guide CLAT 2020||Click Here|
|Guide to CLAT & LL.B. Entrance Examination 2020-21||Click Here|
|CLAT & AILET Chapter Wise Solved Papers 2008-2019||Click Here|
|Latest 2019-2020 Guide to CLAT & LL.B. Entrance Examination||Click Here|
|Complete CLAT Companion with Free Current Affairs Booklet by Pearson||Click Here|
Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) is conducted for admission in 22 National Law Universities in India and it is a common entrance test for all of them. Other than that 43 other institutes and two public sectors are also eligible to use these scores. The test is taken after the higher secondary education or 12th grade for admission to undergraduate courses and after under graduation in Law for admission in the PG courses.
CLAT 2020 Registration Frequently Asked Questions
Ans : Candidates can apply for CLAT 2020 by Registering on the official website as per the schedule. To register as a new user, candidates have to enter their Email Id and mobile Number.
Ans : The mode of the CLAT 2020 Application form is Online mode.
Ans : The Application fee is Rs. 4000 (General/ OBC/ PwD/ NRI/ PIO/ OCI candidates) and Rs. 3,500 (SC/ ST/ BPL candidates).
Ans : No, there is no provision of CLAT 2020 Application Form correction after the final submission.
Ans : The size of the candidate’s photograph, signature and other certificates are - 20 Kb - 50 Kb, 10 Kb to 20 Kb and 2 MB respectively. The format of all the documents should be JPEG only.
Ans : All the candidates must have passed the qualifying examination or equivalent examination with an aggregate of 45 % marks (for UG aspirants) and 55 % marks (for PG aspirants).
Ans : You can take out the Printout of the CLAT 2020 Application form by connecting the printer to the system.
Ans : After the final submission of the Application form, candidates receives a confirmation message on the next window. The message is also sent to the Registered email Id and candidate’s mobile number.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.