AIBE 2022 (XVII): The AIBE 2022 (XVII) application form is expected to be released soon on the official website, allindiabarexamination.com. The All India Bar Examination (AIBE) (XVII) 2022 is going to be conducted by the Bar Council of India (BCI). The AIBE is generally an open book law exam. However, BCI had declared that the candidates can only take bare Acts, without notes, to the exam hall from AIBE 16 (2021) onwards. The candidates who are enrolled advocates can apply for the AIBE-17 2022 online. The AIBE generally asks questions of the Bachelor of Law (LLB) degree level. Those who qualify the AIBE are going to receive a Certificate of Practice (COP) from the BCI and become eligible to practice law in India. Know more about the AIBE-17 2022 application form, eligibility, exam pattern, answer key and result declaration process from this page.
Latest- The notification and application form for the AIBE-XVII 2022 is going to be released on the official website soon.
AIBE 2022 (XVII)
The AIBE is conducted by the BCI to examine the enrolled advocates’ capability to professionally practice law in India. It is an offline pen and paper exam which acts as an eligibility test to get the Certificate of Practice (COP).
AIBE 2022 (XVII) Overview
Given below is an overview of the AIBE 2022 exam:
|Name of the Exam||AIBE 17/ XVII|
|Exam Full Form||All India Bar Examination 17/ XVII|
|Conducting Body||Bar Council of India (BCI)|
|Eligibility||For enrolled advocates|
|Mode of Application||Online only|
|Application Fee||Rs.3500- for Gen.|
Rs.2500- for SC/ST
|Mode of Examination||Offline|
|Qualifying Cut-Off||40% – General/ OBC|
35% – SC/ ST
|Qualifying Certificate||Certificate of Practice (COP)|
Disclaimer- The information on this page has been given on the basis of the previous year’s examination. The latest details are going to be updated once the official AIBE-XVII 2022 notification is released.
AIBE XVII 2022 Important Dates
The latest AIBE 2022 (XVII) schedule is going to be updated as per the official website in due time.
|AIBE XVII 2022||Important Dates|
|Online Registration Starts||To be announced|
|Payment through Challan available||To be announced|
|Last date for Registration||To be announced|
|Last date for payment||To be announced|
|Application form last date||To be announced|
|Admit card releases on||To be announced|
|AIBE 17 Exam 2022||To be announced|
|Answer Key Release||To be announced|
|Answer Key objections||To be announced|
|Declaration of Result||To be announced|
|Result re-checking request window||To be announced|
|Revised Answer Key released||To be announced|
|Final result declared||To be announced|
AIBE 2022 Syllabus
The AIBE 2022 question paper is expected to have most of the questions from the topics covered in the LLB degree course. According to the previous year’s syllabus, the following topics are expected to be covered in the AIBE syllabus:
- Constitutional Law
- I.P.C (Indian Penal Code)
- Cr.P.C (Criminal Procedure Code)
- C.P.C (Code of Civil Procedure)
- Evidence Act
- Alternative Dispute Redressal including Arbitration Act
- Family Law
- Public Interest Litigation
- Administrative Law
- Professional Ethics & Cases of Professional
- Misconduct under BCI rules
- Company Law
- Environmental Law
- Cyber Law
- Labour & Industrial Laws
- Law of Tort, including Motor Vehicle Act and
- Consumer Protection Law
- Law related to Taxation
- Law of Contract, Specific Relief, Property Laws,
- Negotiable Instrument Act
- Land Acquisition Act
- Intellectual Property Laws
Check Out AIBE Previous Year Question Papers
AIBE 2022 Exam Pattern
The AIBE 2022 (XVII) exam pattern is described below, as per the previous examination:
- Mode of Examination: Offline.
- Exam Type: Open book type exam for which only bare Acts are allowed in the exam hall.
- Type of Questions: Objective Multiple-choice Questions (MCQs) type.
- Total Questions: 100 questions.
- Total Marks: 100 marks.
- Marking Scheme: 1 mark for each question.
- Negative Marking: No negative marking.
- Languages: 11 languages- English, Hindi, Bengali, Punjabi, Assamese, Oriya, Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, Gujarati, and Marathi.
- Exam Duration: 3 hours.
- Topic-wise Question and Marks Distribution: Given below is the expected topic-wise blue-print of the AIBE 2022 question paper.
|Topics||Marks/ No. of questions|
|Indian Penal Code||8|
|Criminal Procedure Code||10|
|Code of Civil Procedure||10|
|Alternative Dispute Redressal including Arbitration Act||4|
|Public Interest Litigation||4|
|Professional Ethics & Cases of Professional Misconduct|
under BCI rules
|Labor & Industrial Laws||4|
|Law of Tort, including Motor Vehicle Act and Consumer Protection Law||5|
|Law related to Taxation||4|
|Law of Contract, Specific Relief, Property Laws, Negotiable Instrument Act||8|
|Land Acquisition Act||2|
|Intellectual Property Laws||2|
AIBE 2022 Eligibility Criteria
The candidates must satisfy the following AIBE eligibility criteria, according to the previous year’s information, before applying for the AIBE 2022:
- Must have passed at least the LLB degree course.
- Must be an enrolled advocate with an enrolment no./certificate issued by any state bar council.
- For the last year’s AIBE, candidates had to be graduated as advocates after July, 2010.
AIBE 2022 Application Form
The candidates can follow the following steps to fill the online AIBE 2022 application form:
- Visit allindiabarexamination.com.
- Click on the “Register here (AIBE-XVII)” option in the links section on the left.
- Fill the registration form details, upload the documents and click on the “Save” button at the end.
- The registration no. and password is going to be sent on the registered mobile no. and email ID.
- Click on the “Login here (AIBE-XVII)” option on the homw page.
- Enter the registration ID and password to log in.
- The registration details will appear. Click on the “Print Challan” button below and take its printout.
- After 24 hrs. of registration, go to any SBI branch to pay the application fee with the printed challan.
- Keep the sealed and signed copy of the challan for future reference.
- Log in again after 24 hrs. of AIBE application payment.
- Click on the “Upload Challan and Details” button near the bottom.
- Upload the sealed and signed challan and fill the challan details before clicking on the “Submit” button.
- Then click on the “Application Form” button to view and download the AIBE application form.
Application Fee: The candidates have to pay the AIBE application fee as follows, as per the previous examination:
Mode of Payment- Online through HDFC, or offline through SBI Challan.
AIBE 2022 Important Books
The below-mentioned books can be referenced while preparing for the AIBE 17, apart from the LLB degree course books. The candidates can prepare the topics according to the AIBE syllabus.
|Name of the Books||Author Name||Buy Here|
|Intellectual Property Laws||Private Publication||Buy Here|
|Patents act – 1970||Taxxman||Buy Here|
|Human Rights||H.O Aggarwal||Buy Here|
|Fundamental Rights||Uday Raj Rai||Buy Here|
|Jurisprudence and Legal Theory||Dr V.D.Mahajan||Buy Here|
|Jurisprudence (Legal theory)||Nomita Aggarwal||Buy Here|
|Mercantile Law||KC Kucchal||Buy Here|
AIBE 2022 Admit Card
The AIBE 2022 admit cards are going to be released before the AIBE-17 exam date. Candidates must bring their printed admit cards and a photo ID to the exam centre to be able to take the exam.
- Release where: The AIBE 2022 admit cards are going to be released on the official website, allindiabarexamination.com.
- How to Download: The candidates can log in using their registration ID and password to download the e-admit cards.
- Details on Admit Card: The AIBE admit card generally has details like the candidate name, roll no., exam date and timing, and exam centre.
AIBE 2022 Exam Centres
The AIBE 2022 is expected to be conducted in the following exam centres according to the last year’s details:
AIBE 2022 Answer Key
The BCI is going to release the AIBE 2022 answer key after the exam. At first, a provisional answer key is released followed by a final AIBE answer key.
- Released where: The AIBE 2022 answer key is going to be released on the official AIBE website.
- Format: The AIBE answer key and question paper are going to be released in PDF format. The candidates can check their answers according to the set-wise AIBE answer key.
- Score Calculation: The candidates can calculate their tentative score by adding the no. of their correct marked responses. Every question holds 1 mark.
- Answer Key Objection: The candidates can also raise and submit answer key objections online against the provisional AIBE key within 10 days after its release. The objection submission link is going to be provided on the website.
AIBE 2022 Cut-off
The AIBE 2022 is a type of qualifying exam to get the Certificate of Practice (COP) for which the minimum passing cut-off, as set by the BCI, is:
AIBE 2022 Result
The candidates can check their AIBE 2022 result after logging in using their exam roll no. and date of birth. The result is prepared on the basis of the final answer key. The candidates who qualify the AIBE 2022 exam are going to receive the Certificate of Practice (COP) which allows them to continue to practice law in India even after 2 years of their enrollment as advocates.
Re-evaluation and Re-checking Result: The candidates whose result shows “FAIL” status are expected to be able to apply for their AIBE 2022 answer sheets re-checking/ reevaluation online within the given time frame by paying a fee of Rs.200. Their respective re-checked result is going to be released within 7 working days after they apply. They can also apply to book a slot to visit the BCI to check their AIBE answer sheets, as per the previous examination.
The BCI is the Bar Council of India that was established by the Indian Parliament to manage and represent the Indian Bar. Its aim is to perform representative functions by protecting the rights, privileges and interests of the advocates. It also oversees the creation of funds for providing financial assistance to organise welfare schemes for the Indian advocates. It was set up under the Advocates Act, 1961.
AIBE 2022 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q.1 What is the eligibility criteria for the AIBE exam?
Ans. The candidates must be enrolled advocates to be eligible to apply for the AIBE.
Q.2 What is the mode of examination of AIBE 2022?
Ans. The AIBE 2022 is expected to be held in offline mode.
Q.3 What is the cut-off of the AIBE 2022?
Ans. The candidates must score 40% (35% for SC/ ST) to qualify the AIBE- 17.
Q.4 Can I challenge the AIBE answer key?
Ans. Yes, the BCI allows the candidates to send their AIBE answer key objections against the provisional key within a certain time period.
Official website- allindiabarexamination.com.
Official Youtube Channel- Bar Council of India
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.