WBJEE JELET 2020 – WBJEEB will be not conducted the JELET 2020., due to ongoing COVID-19 pandemic situation. The West Bengal Joint Entrance Exam (WBJEE) will conduct centralized online e-counselling and provisional admission on the basis of marks in the qualifying examination (Diploma/B.Sc examinations) for the candidates who have already applied for JELET-2020. It is conducted for admission into 2nd year (3rd semester) of four-year Bachelor Degree courses in Engineering/ Technology /Pharmacy in Universities, Government Colleges as well as Self Financing Engineering & Technological Institutes in the State of West Bengal. It is a state-level exam conducted in offline mode. Aspirants are required to register themselves before the last date of application submission. To know more about WBJEE JELET 2020 scroll down the article.
– WBJEE JELET 2020 Counselling Notice has been released. Scroll down the page to get the details.
– WBJEE JELET 2020 will not be conducted, due to ongoing COVID pandemic situation. Scroll down to check it.
WBJEE JELET 2020
WBJEE prepared merit ranks based on the performance in the entrance test. Candidates aspiring to appear in WBJEE JELET 2020 must stay updated with the important events related to JELET 2020 by folloing the below given schedule table.
|WBJEE JELET 2020||Important dates|
|Release of Application Form|
|Last date to fill the application form|
|Application Form Correction|
|Release of Admit Card/Hall Ticket||to be announced|
|Examination date||28 Jun 2020|
|Result declaration||24 Jul 2020|
WBJEE JELET 2020 Cancelled Update
WBJEE JELET Application Form 2020 2nd Phase Registration Notice
Due to the lockdown imposed to control the spread of Novel Coronavirus and the difficulties faced by the candidates thereby, WBJEEB has decided to that the online application form for JELET – 2020 will be reopened again later. Candidates can check the official notice below.
- Click here to download Notification for WBJEE JELET 2020 2nd Phase Registration.
WBJEE JELET Application Form 2020
After checking all the eligibility criteria candidates can fill the application form of WBJEE JELET 2020. Applications are invited in online mode. After submitting the application form candidate has to submit the prescribed amount of application fee Candidates are advised to have scanned images of both the signature and latest passport size photograph with them at the time of filling the application form. Following are the details regarding application process.
Application Fee – Candidates need to submit application fee of Rs 500/- (Rupees five hundred only) plus the bank service’s charges as applicable. (as per the last year details)
Mode of Application form payment: The fee can be paid by Debit/Credit card or through Net Banking.
Steps for WBJEE JELET application process 2020.
|Step 1||Registration for WBJEE JELET|
|Step 2||Fill the Application Form|
|Step 3||Upload scanned images|
|Step 4||Payment of application fee|
|Step 5||Application confirmation page|
Note: Any information in the application form other than father’s name, mother’s name and date of birth needs modification, it can only be corrected within a specified period.Thus, candidates are adviseed to fill in all the important details in application with extreme care.
WBJEE JELET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Following is the eligibility criteria. Candidates must ensure to fulfill the same before applying for JELET 2020.
- Citizenship – The applicant must be a citizen of India.
- Age – There is no upper age limit for Diploma HolderEngineering/Technology/Pharmacy. For B.Sc candidates, the upper age limit is 27 (twenty-seven) years. For Diploma holders in Marine Engineering, the upper age limit is 25 (twenty-five)years
Eligibility criteria for admission:
(A) Diploma holders seeking admission into Engineering & Technology Degree Course:
- The candidate must pass the Diploma in the relevant branch as a notified from time to time by the Director of Technical Education. Govt. of West Bengal from an institute approved by AICTE.
- The candidate must secure at least 45% (40% for SC/ ST/ OBC-A/ OBC-B/PwD) marks or equivalent CGPA in diploma examination in relevant branch.
- But for admission in Jadavpur University, the candidate must secure at least 60% (45% for SC/ ST/ OBC-A/ OBC-B/ PwD) marks or equivalen tCGPA in diploma examination in relevant branch.
- All relevant norms of D. G. Shipping will be applicable for admission into Degree Course in Marine Engineering.
(B) B. Sc. candidates seeking admission into Engineering & Technology Degree Course:
- The candidate must pass B. Sc. Degree from any University recognized by UGC with at least 45% (40% for SC/ ST/ OBC-A/ OBC-B/ PwD) marks.
- Also, the candidate must have passed 12th standard school examination with Mathematics as a subject.
- The candidate, if admitted, will have to clear the subjects of Engineering Mechanics and Engineering Graphics / Engineering Drawing of the 1st year Degree Course Engineering/Technology along with their second-year subjects.
- B.Sc. candidates will be considered for admission only if vacancies remain even after filling the seats with available Diploma holder candidates.
- B. Sc. Candidates are not eligible for admission into Degree Course in Pharmacy.
- B. Sc. Candidates are not eligible for admission in Jadavpur University through lateral entry.
(C) Both B. Sc. Candidates and Diploma holders Engineering & Technology will also be eligible for admission to the 1st year Engineering Degree Courses, subject to vacancies in the 1st year classes in case the vacancies as lateral entry at second year are exhausted. However, the admission shall be based strictly on the eligibility criteria as mentioned above.
(D) Diploma holders in Pharmacy seeking admission into Degree Course in Pharmacy
- The candidate must pass Diploma in Pharmacy from an institution approved by the Pharmacy Council of India under section 12 of the Pharmacy Act.
- The candidate must secure at least 45% (40% for SC/ ST/ OBC-A/ OBC-B/PwD) marks or equivalent CGPA.
- Such candidates will also be eligible for admission to the 1st year Degree
Note: Course subject to vacancies in the 1st year classes in case of the vacancies lateral entry in the second year is exhausted. However, the admission shall be based strictly on the eligibility criteria as mentioned above.
WBJEE JELET 2020 Syllabus
- For B.S.c candidates – Mathematics pass course syllabus of the University of Calcutta
- For Diploma Holders in Pharmacy – Diploma level syllabus in Pharmacy as prescribed by the Pharmacy Council of India
- Common to all Diploma holders in Engineering and Technology
WBJEE JELET Exam Pattern 2020
Candidates must go through the exam pattern before starting any preparation for the exam. Candidates can check the detailed exam pattern below :
- Duration of the Exam – 2 hours
- Mode of the Exam – Offline
- Type of Questions – Multiple Choice Questions
- Language Mode – English
- Total Marks – 100
Marking Scheme is as follows
+1 mark for every correct response
No response shall yeild zero mark
-¼ (25% negative maring) for every incorrect response
Response with more than one option will yield negative marking of -¼ (25%)
The paper consists of various sections depending on the qualifying Diploma/B. Sc. examination the candidate has passed. The detail is given in the table below.
For Diploma in Engineering / Technology (Except Printing Technology and Agricultural Engineering)
|Strength of Materials||15|
For Diploma in Printing Technology
|Topic||No. of questions|
|Basic Printing Engineering||15|
|Printer’s material Science||15|
Diploma in Agricultural Engineering
|Topic||No. of questions|
|Soil & Water||10|
|Farm Machinery & Powder||10|
|Food Processes and Food||10|
|Other courses||Topic||No. of questions|
|Diploma in Pharmacy||Pharmacy||100|
WBJEE JELET 2020 Admit Card
After filling of application forms conducting body releases the admit card for the examination. Admit cards are generated online for the students to download and take a print out of the same. Admit cards are issued only on the basis of informaion furnished by the candidates in the application form. Candidates can download the admit card by entering theirn application number and password. Without a hard copy of hall ticket, no candidats are allowed to sit in the examination hall. Along with the copy of admit card candidates must take one govt. Issued ID card original and non-expired with one photograph identical to the photograph uploaded in the application form.
Candidates are advised to check the details mentioned in the admit card to avoid any discrepancies. Test takes must ensure that admit card is not mutilated / distorted / spoiled in any way. In addition, if a candidates need a duplicate admit card, same can be provided by the Board within a stipulated time period.
WBJEE JELET 2020 Examination Center
Check the list of exam center as per last year :
(A) Diploma holders in printing Engineering/Printing Technology and B.Sc. Candidates will have only the following two options.
- Kolkata-North/Salt Lake
(B) Diploma holders in agricultural engineering and pharmacy will choose any two (2) of the following 3 zones.
- Kolkata-North/Salt Lake
(C) All other Diploma holders in engineering/technology will choose any two of the following 17 zones.
- Bankura (681)
- Kolkata- Central (811)
- Asansol (701)
- Kolkata-North/Salt Lake (812)
- Durgapur (702)
- Kolkata-South (813)
- Burdwan (711)
- Malda (821)
- Coochbihar (721)
- Kharagpur (832)
- Siliguri (732)
- Haldia (842)
- Srirampur (763)
- Berhampur (851)
- Howrah (770)
- Kalyani (861)
WBJEE JELET Result 2020
After the examination the results are declared in the form of rank card. WBJEE JELET rank card shall carry details like relevant ranks and total scores. Test takes can download their rank cards by logging in with their passwords. Rank cards are issued to candidates who appeared in the examination. However, only students added in the rank/merit list are eligible to appear in the round of counselling.
After declaration of result, WBJEE prepares a merit list based on the scores of entrance examination. WBJEE does not publish rank/score list for public. Five different ranks lists are prepared on the candidate’s qualifying examination. There is also a tie breaking criteria in case two more candidates secure equal marks/score/rank.
WBJEE JELET 2020 Counselling
After the declaration of result, eligible and qualified candiates are notified with the details of counselling and seat allotmet process. Only qualified candidates are eligible for the counselling process. Registration is necessary to sit in the counselling. Candidates have to bring all the documents at the time of counselling for verification. All the necessary docuements and credentials of candidates are verified at the counselling center.
Since, Counselling and admission process is sequencial according to the rank attained, it is advised to be present at the allotted date and center for counselling as no other dates are provided to them for admission. Also, no other person can attend the counselling on behalf of the other candidate.
WBJEE JELET Reservation 2020
- In respect of reservation of seats for SC/ST/OBC-A/OBC-B/PwD, applicable Acts/Rules of the Government of West Bengal prevailing at the time of admission will be followed.
- However, availability of such reserve category seats shall be restricted to students domiciled in West Bengal only.
- As the reservation for PwD (persons with disability) candidates is on horizontal basis, the selected candidates will be placed in General/SC/ST/OBC-A/OBC-B category to which he/she belongs.
- List of reserved seats will be announced by the concerned authority before counseling.
- Candidates claiming reserved seats must submit relevant Certificate issued from either of the competent Authorities as enlisted below.
- The certificate is to be produced during counselling, admission etc. If the certificate is then found to be invalid, the candidate will lose the opportunity of admission in reserve category.
The West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board (WBJEEB) was constituted in the year 1962 by the Government of West Bengal. It was established to conduct the Joint Entrance Examination for admission to various institutions in West Bengal imparting education in medical, engineering and technological courses. The Board is empowered to conduct common, combined, competitive, entrance examinations for admission to the undergraduate professional and vocational courses in any College or any University in the State of West Bengal.
Official website – wbjeeb.in
For getting more details about WBJEE JELET 2020 Counselling Details – Download Notice.
WBJEE JELET 2020 Exam Frequently Asked Questions
Ans : No, application form and fee both have to submit in the online mode only.
Ans : No changes can be made in the Name, Father’s Name, Mother’s name, gender and Date of birth of any candidate.
Ans : No changes will be entertained for any candidate in the change of examination zone.
Ans : Yes, without registration no candidate will be allowed to sit for the counseling round.
Ans : No, only marks of WBJEE JELET will be count for admission.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.