WBJEE Board will conduct WBJEE JELET 2019 on July 14, 2019. The examination will be held for the lateral entry admission of candidates in B.Tech and B.Pharm courses. The qualifying candidates of JELET will be directly granted admission in 2nd year / 3rd semester of the course. Candidates will be able to check every update about WBJEE JELET 2019 at www.wbjeeb.in. WBJEE JELET 2019 will be conducted in offline mode. Candidates can start applying for WBJEE JELET 2019 from March 26, 2019. Candidates are required to register themselves online before the lapse of the deadline. To know more about WBJEE JELET 2019, candidates can go through this article in order to know about the eligibility conditions, important dates, exam pattern.
WBJEE JELET 2019
It is a notworthy thing for the candidates to provide their unique email id and unique mobile number because all the information is going to be conveyed to their registered mobile number and email id. For more information about WBJEE JELET 2019, candidates can go through the schedule given below:
Schedule for the WBJEE JELET 2019 is given below.
|Online Registration starts from||26 Mar 2019|
|Last date for filling up the form||16 Apr 2019|
|Last date for downloading confirmation page||19 Apr 2019|
|Availability of Admit Card||02 Jul 2019|
|Date of Online examination||14 Jul 2019|
|Announcement of Result||16 Aug 2019|
Candidates will be able to apply online only for JELET 2019. Use the links below to know more details about the exam.
WBJEE JELET 2019 Eligibility Criteria
In order to apply for WBJEE JELET 2019, candidates are required to fulfill the eligibility requirements. So, for that candidates can have a glimpse at the information given below:
- Citizenship: Candidates must be a citizen of India.
- Age Limit: There is no upper age limit for Diploma Holders in Engineering / Technology / Pharmacy. However, there is upper limit criteria for some candidates. Candidates can have a look at the information given below for the same:
i) For B. Sc. Candidates, the upper age limit is 27 years as on December 1, 2019.
ii) For Diploma holders in Marine Engineering, the upper age limit is 25 years as on December 1, 2019
Eligibility Criteria for Admission: The current eligibility criteria is as below.
Diploma holders seeking admission into Engineering & Technology Degree Course
- The candidate must pass the Diploma in Engineering/ Technology from an AICTE approved institution with at least 45% (40% for SC/ ST/ OBC-A/ OBC-B/ PWD) marks or equivalent CGPA.
- All relevant norms of D. G. Shipping will be applicable for admission into Degree Course in Marine Engineering.
B. Sc. candidates seeking admission into Engineering & Technology Degree Course:
- The candidate must pass B. Sc. Degree from any University recognized by UGC with at least 45% (40% for SC/ ST/ OBC-A/ OBC-B/ PWD) marks.
- Also, the candidate must have passed 12th standard school examination with Mathematics as a subject.
- The candidate, if admitted, will have to clear the subjects of Engineering Mechanics and Engineering Graphics / Engineering Drawing of the 1st year Degree Course in Engineering/Technology along with their second year subjects.
- B.Sc. candidates will be considered for admission only if vacancies remain even after filling the seats with available Diploma holder candidates.
- B.Sc. Candidates are not eligible for admission into Degree Course in Pharmacy
Both Diploma holder and B. Sc. Candidates seeking admission into Engineering & Technology Degree Course
Such candidates will also be eligible for admission to the 1st year Engineering Degree Courses subject to vacancies in the 1st year classes in case the vacancies as a lateral entry at second year are exhausted. However, the admission shall be based strictly on the eligibility criteria mentioned here.
Diploma holders in Pharmacy seeking admission into Degree Course in Pharmacy
- The candidate must pass the Diploma in Pharmacy from an AICTE approved institution with at least 45% (40% for SC/ ST/ OBC-A/ OBC-B/ PWD) marks or equivalent CGPA.
- Such candidates will also be eligible for admission to the 1st year Degree Course subject to vacancies in the 1st year classes in case the vacancies as a lateral entry at second year are exhausted. However, the admission shall be based strictly on the eligibility criteria as mentioned above.
Special criteria for admission in Jadavpur University through lateral entry:
- B. Sc. Degree holders are not eligible for admission in Jadavpur University through lateral entry.
- Candidates must have qualified Higher Secondary (10+2) Examination in Science Stream in a regular class mode of West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Examination from a recognized Council/Board.
WBJEE JELET 2019 Application Form
WBJEEB releases the Application Form for WBJEE JELET 2019 Application Form in the online mode only. Candidates are required to first register themselves on the official website before filling the WBJEE JELET 2019 Application Form. After getting registered, candidates are goung to receive the login credentials specifically the Application Number and Password. Candidates can use the login credentials to fill WBJEE JELET 2019 Application Form.
Candidates are required to fill personal details, communication details and academic details etc in the WBJEE JELET 2019 Application Form. After entering all the details, candidates are required to upload the documents as per the prescribed format. After upoading all the documents, candidates can pay the Application Fee.
Application Fee: Candidates are required to pay Rs 500 plus the Bank Charges as applicable. Candidates can pay the Application Fee using the online payment gateways such as Credit Card / Debit Card / Net Banking.
WBJEE JELET 2019 Admit Card
The Admit Card for WBJEE JELET 2019 is going to be made available in the online mode at the official website of the governing authority. Candidates can download their admit card by entering their login credentials such as Application Number, Password and Date of Birth. WBJEE 2019 Admit Card consists of various important details like name and address of the candidates, exam day and time, complete address of the test centre, photograph and signature of the candidate, general instructions etc.
Also, candidates must keep in mind that they are required to carry WBJEE JELET 2019 Admit Card positively to the examination centre as it is going to act as an entry ticket at the time of examination. Candidates are advised to keep a valid id proof along with WBJEE 2019 Admit Card.
WBJEE JELET 2019 Exam Pattern
The Joint Entrance Examination (Lateral Entry) – 2019 (JELET-2019) will be held on 14 July 2019 (Sunday). It is important to be aware of the exam pattern as it allows the candidates to prepare in a better and nuanced way. Candidates can have a look at the information given below to know about the exam pattern of WBJEE JELET 2019.
- Total Number of Questions: There will be 100 questions in total.
- Nature of Questions: There are going to be Multiple Choice Questions.
- Duration: The duration of the examination is of 2 hours.
- Medium of the Examination: The Questions are going to be in English Language only.
The paper consists of various sections depending on the qualifying examination the candidate has passed. The detail is given in the table below.
WBJEE JELET 2019 Marking Scheme
- All questions will have 4 options and only 1 option is going to be correct. Candidates are going to be awarded with 1 mark.
- On answering questions wrong, -1/4 (25%) of the marks will get deducted.
- Candidates are required to submit only 1 option, more than 1 answers will be treated as incorrect and 1/4 marks will be deducted.
WBJEE JELET 2019 Syllabus
Candidates can have a look at the information given below so as to know about the syllabus for WBJEE JELET 2019:
For Diploma holders in engineering & Technology:
- Electrical Technology
- Engineering Mathematics
- Computer Application
- Environmental Engineering
- Engineering Mechanics
- Strength of Materials
- Basic Printing Engineering
- Farm Machinery and Power
- Food Processes and Food Harvest Engineering
- Soil & Water
- Printers’ Materials Science
For B.Sc. candidates: (Mathematics pass course syllabus of the University of Calcutta.)
For Diploma holders in Pharmacy: (Diploma Level syllabus in Pharmacy as prescribed by the Pharmacy Council of India.)
How to prepare for WBJEE JELET 2019?
Candidates are required to follow some instructions if they have to prepare for WBJEE JELET 2019. Candidates can follow the tips to appear for the examination:
- Prepare a Time – Table: Candidates can prepare a time – table when they start preparing for the examination. After making the time – table, it is their sole responsibility to abide by that time table and do the preparation according to it only.
- Look for the weak and strong areas: When a candidate starts preparing for the exam, he / she gets to know about his weak areas and strong areas. Make sure, you have a keen eye for thr weak areas and do the preparation accordingly.
- Practice more and more Sample Papers: It is advised to candidates to practice as many sample papers as they can as that will make them habitual of the answering the questions as per the sample paper only.
- Be Calm and Positive: As the prssure goes a notch up, when the candidates goes through the vigorous preparation and it goes a scale higher when the examination is round the corner. So, it is advised to candidates to stay calm and prepare slow and steady with a clear mind.
WBJEE JELET 2019 Result
WBJEEB decalares the result for WBJEEB JELET 2019 in the form of Rank Cards. The Rank Card comprises of all the ranks and total score of the candidates scored in the examination. In order to download WBJEE JELET 2019 Rank Card, candidates are required to enter their respective passwords on the official website only. The Rank Cards will be issued to all the candidates who appeared in the eamination but all th ecandidates might not be awarded rank. These candidates cannot appear for Counselling. However, for these candidates a cut off rank / cut off score is going to be decided by the Board.
WBJEE JELET 2019 Counselling
After the declaration of the result, details about Counselling / Seat Allotment and Admission will be published at the official website which is www.wbjeeb.in. Candidates who are eligible for counselling can take part in Counselling. The details about the eligible candidates is going to be verified at the Counselling Centre. Candidates who have to be present at the Counselling Venue are required to be present with all the documents and on the set date and time only, failing which their admission will be cancelled. Also, candidates have to keep in mind that no one else could appear for Counselling and Admission on behalf of any candidate.
WBJEE JELET 2019 Seat Matrix
For the reference purpose, candidates may go through the Seat Matrix of the previous year given below:
WBJEEB JELET 2019 Reservation
In respect of reservation of seats for SC/ST/OBC-A/OBC-B/PwD, applicable Acts/Rules of the Government of West Bengal/ of the concerned University prevailing at the time of admission will be followed. Such reservations are available only to candidates domiciled in West Bengal.
As the reservation for PWD (persons with disability) candidates is on horizontal basis, the selected candidates will be placed in General/SC/ST/OBC-A/OBC-B category to which he/she belongs.
List of such reserved seats will be announced by the concerned counseling authority before counseling
Official Website: www.wbjeeb.in.
For more details of WBJEE JELET 2019, Download Information Brochure.