WBJEE Board will conduct WBJEE JELET 2018 on June 24, 2018. The examination will be held for the lateral entry admission of candidates in B.Tech and B.Pharm courses. The qualifying candidates of JELET will be directly granted admission in 2nd year / 3rd semester of the course. The application form for the examination will be available from March 20, 2018, and the candidates will be able to apply until April 20, 2018. A change in the eligibility criteria of WBJEE JELET has been notified. Candidates can check the details eligibility, application process, dates, syllabus, pattern and more details on WBJEE JELET 2018 from this page.
WBJEE JELET 2018
JELET 2018 – The Joint Entrance Examination (Lateral Entry) 2018 (JELET 2018) will be in the month of June 2018. Candidates who wish to appear in the JELET 2018 examination must fill the online application form which will be released at www.wbresults.co.in / www.wbjeeb.in.
Schedule for the WBJEE JELET 2018 is given below.
|Online Registration starts from||20 Mar 2018|
|Last date for filling up the form||20 Apr 2018|
|Availability of downloadable Admit Card||15 Jun 2018|
|Date of Online examination||24 Jun 2018|
|Date for publication of result||2nd week of July 2018|
Candidates will be able to apply online for JELET 2018. Use the links below to know more details about the exam.
WBJEE JELET 2018 Eligibility Criteria
There is information that the eligibility criteria for appearing in JELET-2018 have changed. It has been reported by various newspapers, and the cutting of one is as below:
As per the news, Chiranjeeb Bhattacharjee who is Dean of Jadavpur University said that the reason for such change is that last year candidates with commerce and arts background got admission through JELET because there was no subject criterion. Due to which remedial classes had to be taken up for these candidates. Hence, not to repeat the error now the subjects are begin defined under minimum eligibility criteria of JELET.
Subject Criteria: For now, it is all in the news but the Board will confirm it through the information brochure. If it is applied, then only those candidates will be able to appear who had Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics in 10+2 and score more than 60 marks.
Citizenship: Applicant must be a citizen of India.
Age Restriction: There is no upper age limit for Diploma holders in Engineering/ Technology/ Pharmacy. But:
- For B. Sc. Candidates, the upper age limit is 27 (twenty-seven) years as on 31.12.2018.
- For Diploma holders in Marine Engineering, the upper age limit is 25 (twenty-five) years as on 31.12.2018
Eligibility Criteria for Admission: The current eligibility criteria is as below.
Diploma holders seeking admission into Engineering & Technology Degree Course
- The candidate must pass Diploma in Engineering/ Technology from an AICTE approved institution with at least 45% (40% for SC/ ST/ OBC-A/ OBC-B/ PWD) marks or equivalent CGPA.
- All relevant norms of D. G. Shipping will be applicable for admission into Degree Course in Marine Engineering.
B. Sc. candidates seeking admission into Engineering & Technology Degree Course
- The candidate must pass B. Sc. Degree from any University recognized by UGC with at least 45% (40% for SC/ ST/ OBC-A/ OBC-B/ PWD) marks.
- Also, the candidate must have passed 12th standard school examination with Mathematics as a subject.
- The candidate, if admitted, will have to clear the subjects of Engineering Mechanics and Engineering Graphics / Engineering Drawing of the 1st year Degree Course in Engineering/Technology along with their second year subjects
- B.Sc. candidates will be considered for admission only if vacancies remain even after filling the seats with available Diploma holder candidates.
- B. Sc. Candidates are not eligible for admission into Degree Course in Pharmacy
Both Diploma holder and B. Sc. Candidates seeking admission into Engineering & Technology Degree Course: Both such candidates will also be eligible for admission to the 1st year Engineering Degree Courses subject to vacancies in the 1st year classes in case the vacancies as a lateral entry at second year are exhausted. However, the admission shall be based strictly on the eligibility criteria as mentioned above.
Diploma holders in Pharmacy seeking admission into Degree Course in Pharmacy
- The candidate must pass Diploma in Pharmacy from an AICTE approved institution with at least 45% (40% for SC/ ST/ OBC-A/ OBC-B/ PWD) marks or equivalent CGPA.
- Such candidates will also be eligible for admission to the 1st year Degree Course subject to vacancies in the 1st year classes in case the vacancies as a lateral entry at second year are exhausted. However, the admission shall be based strictly on the eligibility criteria as mentioned above.
Special criteria for admission in Jadavpur University through lateral entry: B. Sc. Degree holders are not eligible for admission in Jadavpur University through lateral entry. The Diploma holder candidates also must have passed Higher Secondary (10+2) or equivalent examination before their Diploma Course.
WBJEEB JELET 2018 Application Form
Application form of JELET 2018 will be available as per schedule. Candidates must fill correct information in the form after determining eligibility. The form will be available online and the candidates will not be able to apply via any other mode. The details to be filled in the application form will be personal, educational, and communicational. The candidates will also have to pay the application fee. The amount of fee will also be announced soon but last year it was Rs. 500.
WBJEE JELET 2018 Admit Card
Admit Card for each eligible applicant will be available to download soon. Applicant should download the Admit Card and carry it along with him/her to the Examination Centre.
WBJEEB JELET 2018 Reservation
In respect of reservation of seats for SC/ST/OBC-A/OBC-B/PwD, applicable Acts/Rules of the Government of West Bengal/ of the concerned University prevailing at the time of admission will be followed. Such reservations are available only to candidates domiciled in West Bengal.
As the reservation for PwD (persons with disability) candidates is on horizontal basis, the selected candidates will be placed in General/SC/ST/OBC-A/OBC-B category to which he/she belongs.
List of such reserved seats will be announced by the concerned counseling authority before counseling
WBJEE JELET 2018 Exam Pattern
The Joint Entrance Examination (Lateral Entry) – 2018 (JELET-2018) will be held on 24 Jun 2018 (Sunday)
The paper will contain fifty (100) MCQ ( Multiple Choice Question) type questions, with four answer options each. Each question carries 1 mark, the full mark of the paper is 100 and duration of the test is 2 hours. The questions will be in English language only.
The paper consists of various sections depending on the qualifying examination the candidate has passed. The detail is given in the table below.
WBJEEB JELET 2018 Scoring Methodology
- All questions will have four answer options
- Only one option is correct.
- A correct response will yield 1 (one) mark.
- An incorrect response will yield -1/4 (25% negative) marks.
- For any combination of response with more than one option, the said answer will be treated as incorrect and will yield -1/4 (25% negative) marks
- No response will yield zero marks.
WBJEEB JELET 2018 Syllabus
For Diploma holders in engineering & Technology:
- Engineering Mathematics,
- Electrical Technology,
- Computer Application,
- Environmental Engineering,
- Engineering Mechanics,
- Strength of Materials,
- Basic Printing Engineering,
- Printers’ Materials Science,
- Soil & Water,
- Farm Machinery and Power,
- Food Processes and Food Harvest Engineering
For B.Sc. candidates:
For Diploma holders in Pharmacy:
Prescribed diploma syllabus of The West Bengal State Council of Technical Education.
Mathematics pass course syllabus of the University of Calcutta.
Diploma Level syllabus in Pharmacy as prescribed by the Pharmacy Council of India.
For more details of WBJEE JELET, Candidate can Download 2017’s Information Brochure.