|Manipal University||Apply Now for MU OET|
|SRM University||Apply Now for SRMJEEE|
|JEE Main 2018 Exam Date, Eligibility, Exam Pattern.||Get All Details Here|
WBJEE JELET 2018, the Joint Entrance Examination for lateral entry to 2nd year of study in the four-year courses (3rd semester) of Bachelor Degree in Engineering/ Technology and Pharmacy (Except Architecture) for the academic year 2018-19. The Joint Entrance Examination for JELET 2018 is organized by the West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board (WBJEEB). Get here complete details such as WBJEE JELET 2018 application form, admit card, results.
WBJEE JELET 2018
JELET 2018 – The Joint Entrance Examination (Lateral Entry) 2018 (JELET 2018) will be in the month of June 2018. Candidates who wish to appear in the JELET 2018 examination must fill the online application form which will be released at www.wbresults.co.in / www.wbjeeb.in.
Schedule for the WBJEE JELET 2018 is given below.
|Online Registration starts from||20 Mar 2018|
|Last date for filling up the form||20 Apr 2018|
|Availability of downloadable Admit Card||15 Jun 2018|
|Date of Online examination||24 Jun 2018|
|Date for publication of result||2nd week of July 2018|
WBJEEB JELETS 2018 Application Form
Application form of JELET 2018 will be available as per schedule. Candidates must fill correct information in the form after determining eligibility.
WBJEE JELETS 2018 Admit Card
Admit Card for each eligible applicant will be available to download soon. Applicant should download the Admit Card and carry it along with him/her to the Examination Centre.
WBJEE JELET 2018 Eligibility
Eligibility criteria for appearing in JELET-2018
- Citizenship: Applicant must be a citizen of India.
- Age Restriction:
- There is no upper age limit for Diploma holders in Engineering/ Technology/ Pharmacy.
- For B. Sc. Candidates, the upper age limit is 27 (twenty-seven) years as on 31.12.2018.
- For Diploma holders in Marine Engineering, the upper age limit is 25 (twenty-five) years as on 31.12.2018
Eligibility criteria for admission:
Diploma holders seeking admission into Engineering & Technology Degree Course
- The candidate must pass Diploma in Engineering/ Technology from an AICTE approved institution with at least 45% (40% for SC/ ST/ OBC-A/ OBC-B/ PWD) marks or equivalent CGPA.
- All relevant norms of D. G. Shipping will be applicable for admission into Degree Course in Marine Engineering.
B. Sc. candidates seeking admission into Engineering & Technology Degree Course
- The candidate must pass B. Sc. Degree from any University recognized by UGC with at least 45% (40% for SC/ ST/ OBC-A/ OBC-B/ PWD) marks.
- Also, the candidate must have passed 12th standard school examination with Mathematics as a subject.
- The candidate, if admitted, will have to clear the subjects of Engineering Mechanics and Engineering Graphics / Engineering Drawing of the 1st year Degree Course in Engineering/Technology along with their second year subjects
- B.Sc. candidates will be considered for admission only if vacancies remain even after filling the seats with available Diploma holder candidates.
- B. Sc. Candidates are not eligible for admission into Degree Course in Pharmacy
Both Diploma holder and B. Sc. Candidates seeking admission into Engineering & Technology Degree Course: Both such candidates will also be eligible for admission to the 1st year Engineering Degree Courses subject to vacancies in the 1st year classes in case the vacancies as a lateral entry at second year are exhausted. However, the admission shall be based strictly on the eligibility criteria as mentioned above.
Diploma holders in Pharmacy seeking admission into Degree Course in Pharmacy
- The candidate must pass Diploma in Pharmacy from an AICTE approved institution with at least 45% (40% for SC/ ST/ OBC-A/ OBC-B/ PWD) marks or equivalent CGPA.
- Such candidates will also be eligible for admission to the 1st year Degree Course subject to vacancies in the 1st year classes in case the vacancies as a lateral entry at second year are exhausted. However, the admission shall be based strictly on the eligibility criteria as mentioned above.
Special criteria for admission in Jadavpur University through lateral entry: B. Sc. Degree holders are not eligible for admission in Jadavpur University through lateral entry. The Diploma holder candidates also must have passed Higher Secondary (10+2) or equivalent examination before their Diploma Course.
In respect of reservation of seats for SC/ST/OBC-A/OBC-B/PwD, applicable Acts/Rules of the Government of West Bengal/ of the concerned University prevailing at the time of admission will be followed. Such reservations are available only to candidates domiciled in West Bengal.
As the reservation for PwD (persons with disability) candidates is on horizontal basis, the selected candidates will be placed in General/SC/ST/OBC-A/OBC-B category to which he/she belongs.
List of such reserved seats will be announced by the concerned counseling authority before counseling
WBJEE JELET 2018 Exam Pattern
The Joint Entrance Examination (Lateral Entry) – 2018 (JELET-2018) will be held on 24 Jun 2018 (Sunday)
The paper will contain fifty (100) MCQ ( Multiple Choice Question) type questions, with four answer options each. Each question carries 1 mark, the full mark of the paper is 100 and duration of the test is 2 hours. The questions will be in English language only.
The paper consists of various sections depending on the qualifying examination the candidate has passed. The detail is given in the table below.
- All questions will have four answer options
- Only one option is correct.
- A correct response will yield 1 (one) mark.
- An incorrect response will yield -1/4 (25% negative) marks.
- For any combination of response with more than one option, the said answer will be treated as incorrect and will yield -1/4 (25% negative) marks
- No response will yield zero marks.
For Diploma holders in engineering & Technology:
- Engineering Mathematics,
- Electrical Technology,
- Computer Application,
- Environmental Engineering,
- Engineering Mechanics,
- Strength of Materials,
- Basic Printing Engineering,
- Printers’ Materials Science,
- Soil & Water,
- Farm Machinery and Power,
- Food Processes and Food Harvest Engineering
For B.Sc. candidates:
For Diploma holders in Pharmacy:
Prescribed diploma syllabus of The West Bengal State Council of Technical Education.
Mathematics pass course syllabus of the University of Calcutta.
Diploma Level syllabus in Pharmacy as prescribed by the Pharmacy Council of India.
For more details of WBJEE JELET, Candidate can Download 2017’s Information Brochure.