WBJEE Board will conduct WBJEE JELET 2018 on June 24, 2018. The examination will be held for the lateral entry admission of candidates in B.Tech and B.Pharm courses. The qualifying candidates of JELET will be directly granted admission in 2nd year / 3rd semester of the course. The application form for the examination is available now, and the candidates will be able to apply until April 20, 2018. A change in the eligibility criteria of WBJEE JELET has been notified. Candidates can check the details eligibility, application process, dates, syllabus, pattern and more details on WBJEE JELET 2018 from this page.
WBJEE JELET 2018
JELET 2018 Application Form is released at the official website. Candidates who will fill the application form on time will only get their admit card for the entrance exam. Candidates who wish to appear in the JELET 2018 examination must fill the online application form on or before its last date to fill the application form.
Schedule for the WBJEE JELET 2018 is given below.
|Online Registration starts from||20 Mar 2018|
|Last date for filling up the form||20 Apr 2018|
|Last date of downloading confirmation page||23 Apr 2018|
|Availability of downloadable Admit Card||15 Jun 2018|
|Date of Online examination||24 Jun 2018|
|Date for publication of result||2nd week of July 2018|
Candidates can apply online for JELET 2018. Use the links below to know more details about the exam.
WBJEE JELET 2018 Eligibility Criteria
Citizenship: Applicant must be a citizen of India.
Age Restriction: There is no upper age limit for Diploma holders in Engineering/ Technology/ Pharmacy. But:
- For B. Sc. Candidates, the upper age limit is 27 (twenty-seven) years as on 31.12.2018.
- For Diploma holders in Marine Engineering, the upper age limit is 25 (twenty-five) years as on 31.12.2018
Eligibility Criteria for Admission: The current eligibility criteria is as below.
Diploma holders seeking admission into Engineering & Technology Degree Course
- The candidate must pass Diploma in Engineering/ Technology from an AICTE approved institution with at least 45% (40% for SC/ ST/ OBC-A/ OBC-B/ PWD) marks or equivalent CGPA.
- All relevant norms of D. G. Shipping will be applicable for admission into Degree Course in Marine Engineering.
B. Sc. candidates seeking admission into Engineering & Technology Degree Course
- The candidate must pass B. Sc. Degree from any University recognized by UGC with at least 45% (40% for SC/ ST/ OBC-A/ OBC-B/ PWD) marks.
- Also, the candidate must have passed 12th standard school examination with Mathematics as a subject.
- The candidate, if admitted, will have to clear the subjects of Engineering Mechanics and Engineering Graphics / Engineering Drawing of the 1st year Degree Course in Engineering/Technology along with their second year subjects.
- B.Sc. candidates will be considered for admission only if vacancies remain even after filling the seats with available Diploma holder candidates.
- B. Sc. Candidates are not eligible for admission into Degree Course in Pharmacy
Both Diploma holder and B. Sc. Candidates seeking admission into Engineering & Technology Degree Course
Both such candidates will also be eligible for admission to the 1st year Engineering Degree Courses subject to vacancies in the 1st year classes in case the vacancies as a lateral entry at second year are exhausted. However, the admission shall be based strictly on the eligibility criteria as mentioned above.
Diploma holders in Pharmacy seeking admission into Degree Course in Pharmacy
- The candidate must pass Diploma in Pharmacy from an AICTE approved institution with at least 45% (40% for SC/ ST/ OBC-A/ OBC-B/ PWD) marks or equivalent CGPA.
- Such candidates will also be eligible for admission to the 1st year Degree Course subject to vacancies in the 1st year classes in case the vacancies as a lateral entry at second year are exhausted. However, the admission shall be based strictly on the eligibility criteria as mentioned above.
Special criteria for admission in Jadavpur University through lateral entry:
- B. Sc. Degree holders are not eligible for admission in Jadavpur University through lateral entry.
- Candidates must have qualified Higher Secondary (10+2) Examination in Science Stream in regular class mode of West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Examination from a recognised Council/Board.
WBJEEB JELET 2018 Application Form
Application form of JELET 2018 is available as per schedule. Candidates must fill correct information in the form after determining eligibility. The form is available online and the candidates will not be able to apply via any other mode. The details to be filled in the application form will be personal, educational, and communicational. The candidates will also have to pay the application fee. The amount of fees to be paid for appearing in the JELET-2018 is ₹500 (Rupees five hundred only) plus the Bank’s Service Charges as applicable.
WBJEE JELET 2018 Admit Card
Admit Card for each eligible applicant will be available after the successful completion of the application form. Admit card will be available at the official website. Candidates who will fill the application form will only be able to download the admit card. Applicant should download the Admit Card and carry it along with him/her to the Examination Centre.
WBJEE JELET 2018 Exam Pattern
The Joint Entrance Examination (Lateral Entry) – 2018 (JELET-2018) will be held on 24 Jun 2018 (Sunday)
The paper will contain one hundred (100) MCQ ( Multiple Choice Question) type questions, with four answer options each. Each question carries 1 mark, the full mark of the paper is 100 and duration of the test is 2 hours. The questions will be in English language only.
The paper consists of various sections depending on the qualifying examination the candidate has passed. The detail is given in the table below.
WBJEEB JELET 2018 Scoring Methodology
- All questions will have four answer options
- Only one option is correct.
- A correct response will yield 1 (one) mark.
- An incorrect response will yield -1/4 (25% negative) marks.
- For any combination of response with more than one option, the said answer will be treated as incorrect and will yield -1/4 (25% negative) marks
- No response will yield zero marks.
WBJEEB JELET 2018 Syllabus
For Diploma holders in engineering & Technology: (Prescribed diploma syllabus of The West Bengal State Council of Technical Education.)
- Engineering Mathematics,
- Electrical Technology,
- Computer Application,
- Environmental Engineering,
- Engineering Mechanics,
- Strength of Materials,
- Basic Printing Engineering,
- Printers’ Materials Science,
- Soil & Water,
- Farm Machinery and Power,
- Food Processes and Food Harvest Engineering
For B.Sc. candidates: (Mathematics pass course syllabus of the University of Calcutta.)
For Diploma holders in Pharmacy: (Diploma Level syllabus in Pharmacy as prescribed by the Pharmacy Council of India.)
WBJEEB JELET 2018 Result
Final result will be published in the form of Rank Cards, which will contain all relevant ranks and total score. Rank cards will be available only from the portal www.wbjeeb.in. Candidates will be able to view and download their rank card by logging in with their password. Ranks cards with scores will be issued to all candidates, who appeared in the examination. But all may not be awarded a rank and hence may not be eligible for counselling, for which a cut off rank and/or a cut off score will be decided by the board.
WBJEEB JELET 2018 Counseling
A separate notification with details of counseling/seat allotment and admission will be published in www.wbjeeb.in shortly after publication of result. Only those, eligible for counseling, will be able to participate in it. Credentials of candidates eligible for counseling and admission will be verified at the counselling Center on stipulated dates, details of which will be notified in due course of time. ) Since counseling and admission process is sequential according to rank, candidate has to appear for counselling on the specified date and time only. It is not possible to allow any different date or time for any candidate. The candidate has to appear himself/herself. No other person is allowed to appear for counselling and admission on behalf of the candidate.
WBJEEB JELET 2018 Reservation
In respect of reservation of seats for SC/ST/OBC-A/OBC-B/PwD, applicable Acts/Rules of the Government of West Bengal/ of the concerned University prevailing at the time of admission will be followed. Such reservations are available only to candidates domiciled in West Bengal.
As the reservation for PwD (persons with disability) candidates is on horizontal basis, the selected candidates will be placed in General/SC/ST/OBC-A/OBC-B category to which he/she belongs.
List of such reserved seats will be announced by the concerned counseling authority before counseling
Official Website: www.wbjeeb.in.
For more details of WBJEE JELET 2018, Candidate can Download Information Brochure.