WBJEE JELET 2020 Syllabus – Candidates aspiring to appear in WBJEE JELET 2020 can check WBJEE JELET syllabus 2020 from this page. It is essential for candidates to check the syllabus throughly while they are about to prepare for JELET 2020. This enables them to implement their preparation strategies and focus on useful things for the exam. All the students after checking the syllabus are aware of the important topics and chapters. To know more about WBJEE JELET 2020 syllabus, scroll down the article.
WBJEE JELET 2020 Syllabus
Syllabus for WBJEE JELET is designed for B.Sc candidates, diploma holders in pharmacy and diploma holders in engineerig and technology. Candidates can get to know all about important topics from the article below.
For B.S.c candidates –
- Mathematics pass course syllabus of the University of Calcutta
For Diploma Holders in Pharmacy –
- Diploma level syllabus in Pharmacy as prescribed by the Pharmacy Council of India
Common to all Diploma holders in Engineering and Technology
- Engineering Mathematics
- Electrical Tecnology
- Computer Applications and Programming
- Environmental Engineering
Only for Diploma holders in engineering and technology except engineering and printing technology
- Engineering Mechanics
- Strength of materials
Only for Diploma holders in agricultural engineering
- Soil and water engineering
- Farm machinery and power
- Food processing and post-harvesting engineering
Only for Diploma holders in printing technology
- Basic engineering for printing
- Printers material science
WBJEE JELET 2020 Examination Pattern
Apart from understanding the syllabus, it is important that candidates are aware of the exam pattern too. After observing the question paper pattern, candidates can decide what to study and how to study. The exam pattern comprises of the information like marking scheme of the questions, duration of the exam and much more. Check the exam pattern for WBJEE JELET 2020 given below.
- Duration of the Exam – 2 hours
- Mode of the Exam – Offline
- Type of Questions – Multiple Choice Questions
- Language Mode – English
- Total Marks – 100
Marking scheme is as follows.
+1 mark for every correct response
No response shall yeild zero mark
-¼ (25% negative maring) for every incorrect response
Response with more than one option will yield negative marking of -¼ (25%)
The paper consists of various sections depending on the qualifying Diploma/B. Sc. examination the candidate has passed. The detail is given in the table below.
For Diploma in Engineering / Technology (Except Printing Technology and Agricultural Engineering)
|Strength of Materials||15|
For Diploma in Printing Technology
|Topic||No. of questions|
|Basic Printing Engineering||15|
|Printer’s material Science||15|
Diploma in Agricultural Engineering
|Topic||No. of questions|
|Soil & Water||10|
|Farm Machinery & Powder||10|
|Food Processes and Food||10|
|Other courses||Topic||No. of questions|
|Diploma in Pharmacy||Pharmacy||100|
Important Books for WBJEE JELET 2020
Candidates are always advised to refer to the best recommended book while preparing for examination. Following are some important books for WBJEE JELET 2020 preparation.
|Important Books||Available at|
|LEET 2020 Guide||Buy here|
|(B.E./B.Tech) Exam Guide||Buy here|
|LEET for Diploma Holders||Buy here|
|Lateral Engineering Guide||Buy here|
WBJEE JELET 2020 Preparation Tips
Aspirants must follow a strict schedule when it comes to preparation. The preparation can make or break the deal if you want to qualify for the exam. Following are some tips are provided which can be followed when the exam is near.
- Follow the syllabus – Once you study the syllabus, concepts are clear. So, it is advised to candidates to observe the syllabus carefully and see what are the important topics and chapters of a particular courses.
- Increase Speed – The MCQ type question need speed and accuracy. Hence, candidates must practice more of objective type questions.
- Be sure while attempting the questions – Since there is negative marking of 25% marks, candidates are advised to attempt a question only when if sure about the answer. Any wrong answer will lead to negative marking and loss of marks.
- Practice Previous Year Question Papers– The candidates can improve their speed and accuracy by solving the previous year question papers.
- Pick the best books- Make sure you choose the renowned books and those books which have the concepts clearly stated.
- Revision- Do not forget to revise the concepts on a daily basis. This will make you remember the important concepts until the time of examination.
The West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board (WBJEEB) was constituted in the year 1962 by the Government of West Bengal. It was established to conduct the Joint Entrance Examination for admission to various institutions in West Bengal imparting education in medical, engineering and technological courses. The Board is empowered to conduct common, combined, competitive, entrance examinations for admission to the undergraduate professional and vocational courses in any College or any University in the State of West Bengal.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.