NIFT Admission 2020 – NIFT has announced the date and timings for Studio Test and Interviews. NIFT has released the online interview call letter for Artisan/Children of Artisan. Candidates can download their call letter from the official website or the direct link given below. National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT) is conducting an online interview. The university level exam is conducted every year to shortlist candidates for admission in BDes, BDes, B.FTech, M.FTech, and Master of Fashion Management (MFM) courses. Check more information on NIFT admission 2020 from this page.
- NIFT Second Counselling Processed Refund (rejected, absent, not interested & withdrawal cases) Consolidated List has been released for the candidates. Click here to download the same.
- NIFT First Counselling Processed Refund Consolidated List has been released for the candidates. Click here to download the same.
- NIFT Ph.D. Admit Card 2020 has released. Click here to check the same.
- NIFT has released the notification for filling of vacant seat of children/wards of NRI category in B.Des. Click here to check the notice.
- NIFT Admission 2020 2nd Round Counselling Detailed Schedule has been released. Click here to check the same.
- NIFT has extended the last date for Registration for 2nd round of counseling. Scroll down to check the notice.
- NIFT has started online registration for UG and PG counselling. Click here to register.
- NIFT has released the B.Des result cum common merit rank for Artisans/Children of Artisans. Click here to check.
- NIFT has released the B.Des result cum common merit rank for J&K special exam. Click here to check.
- NIFT has announced the date and timings for Studio Test and Interviews
- Click Here to download your call letter
- NIFT has released the notice regarding adjourned the lateral entry admission. Scroll down to check.
NIFT Admission and Entrance Exam 2020
As per last year’s data, approximately 2 lakh students appear for the exam. The candidates can check the important dates for NIFT admission 2020 from the table below.
|NIFT Admission 2020||Important Dates|
|NIFT 2020 Registration starts from||23 Oct 2019|
|Last date to submit NIFT 2020 Application Form||31 Dec 2019|
|NIFT 2020 application form correction window opens on||01 Jan 2020|
|Last date to edit details in NIFT Application Form||04 Jan 2020|
|NIFT 2020 Admit Card releases in||10 Jan 2020|
03 Nov 2020 (Ph.D.)
|NIFT 2020 exam date||19 Jan 2020|
|NIFT 2020 answer key releases on||22 Jan 2020|
|Last date to submit objection in answer key||24 Jan 2020|
|Declaration of NIFT Result 2020||13 Mar 2020|
|Obsevation/ objection by candidate in NIFT entrance exam||22-24 Jan 2020|
|Last date for online registration by Foreign Nationals||30 Apr 2020|
|Online interview Registration|
|Declaration of Final Result||25 Jun 2020|
|Online interview Commence from||26 Jun 2020|
|Counselling Registration starts from||08 Aug 2020|
|Date of Studio Test & Interview||26 Sep 2020|
|Time of Studio Test||11.30 AM to 1 PM|
|Reporting Time||10.30 AM|
|Interview Time||2 PM Onwards|
|Venue for Studio Test / Interview||NIFT Campuses at|
Bhopal, New Delhi, Gandhinagar,
Kannur, Kolkata, Mumbai,
Patna, Srinagar, Hyderabad
|Orientation||25-26 Sep 2020|
|Commencement of Online Classes||28 Sep 2020|
|NRI Counselling||26 Oct 2020|
NIFT Admission 2020 Revised Circular
Click here to download the Revised Counselling Circular
NIFT Admission 2020 Notification for Artisans/Children of Artisans
- Click here to download the above notice.
NIFT Admission 2020 Orientation Program
Click here to download the Notice
NIFT Admission 2020 Studio Test and Interview for Artisans / Children of Artisans
Candidates can now download their call letter to the test and interview that is scheduled on September 26, 2020. This course will be conducted for various UG design courses at 17 NIFT campuses. 16 candidates have been shortlisted based on the documents submitted and are required to appear in Studio Test and Interview. The list of eligible candidates is attached below.
Click Here to download the call letter
NIFT Admission 2020 Notice for Adjournment of NLEA
NIFT Admission 2020 Counselling Revised Schedule for Master of Fashion Management (MFM)
Click here to check the above Notice.
NIFT Admission 2020 Notice for Pending Payment Verification
Click here to download the Notice
NIFT Admission 2020 Notice for Fee
- Click here to download the above notice.
NIFT Admission for Srinagar 2020
Srinagar Candidate who want to Apply for NIFT, must ensure that the fulfill the eligibility norms set by NIFT. Candidate can check various information like Eligibility Criteria, Application Form and Admit Card from here. Important Dates pertaining to NIFT Admission for Srinagar 2020 are provided in the Schedule provided below.
Important Schedule is given below
|Availability of Application Form||19 Aug 2020|
|Last date of Application Form||18 Sep 2020|
|Availability of Admit Cards||Immediately after completing the application form|
|Entrance Examination||20 Sep 2020|
|Counselling for Shortlisted Candidate||Sep 2020|
NIFT Admission for Srinagar 2020 Application Form
Application Form for NIFT Admission for Srinagar 2020 is now available, candidate can also check the same from the official website. A Link to fill the Application Form will also be provided below for the ease of candidate.
Application Fee: The Application Fee has to be paid through online payment gateway ONLY. Payments of application fee (Rs.2000/- [for General/OBC (Non-Creamy) Candidate] or Rs.1000/- [for SC/ST/PH Candidates]) can be made through credit cards / debit cards as explained on the website. The Bank and transaction charges on the application fee will be borne by the Applicant.
Applicants are advised to keep a print out / photocopy of Application Form for further reference along with proof of payment.
NIFT Admission for Srinagar 2020 Admit Card
NIFT Admission for Srinagar 2020 Admit Card is available on the official website. Admit Card is a very important document in order to appear for the exam, without admit card candidate will not be allowed to appear for the exam. A link to download the admit card will also be provided below.
Admit Card: Click here to download the Admit Card for NIFT Admission for Srinagar 2020.
NIFT Admission for Srinagar 2020 Eligibility Criteria
For Bachelor Programmes :
Maximum Age: 23 years as on 1st August, 2020. The upper age limit will be relaxed by a period of 5 (five) years for the candidates of Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribe/ Person with Disability (PwD) subject to following qualifications:
Eligibility for Bachelor Programmes – Design – B.Des. (Fashion Design / Fashion Communication)
- The +2 level examination in the 10+2 pattern of examination of any recognized Central/State Board of Secondary Examination, such as Central Board of Secondary Education / State Board New Delhi, and Council for Indian School of Certificate Examination, New Delhi.
- General Certificate Education (GCE) Examination (London/Cambridge/Sri-Lanka) at the Advanced (A) level/ International Baccalaureate (IB).
- Any Public School/Board Examination in India or in Foreign countries recognized by the Association of Indian Universities as equivalent to 10+2 system.
- A pass grade in the Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Open School with a minimum of five subjects.
- 3 or 4-years diploma recognized by AICTE or a State Board of Technical Education.
NIFT Admission for Srinagar 2020 Exam Pattern
NIFT Admission for Artisans 2020
NIFT has offered the admission in Artisans/Children of Artisans-2020 (NIFT Admission for Artisans), candidates must ensure their eligibility criteria before filling the application form. Applicants check the important schedule is given below regarding NIFT Admission for Artisans 2020.
Important Schedule is given below
|Availability of Application Form||01 Jun 2020|
|Last date of Application Form||30 Jun 2020|
|Availability of Admit Cards||to be notified at site|
|Studio Test & Interview||to be notified at site|
|Scrutiny of forms and Verification of Documents/Eligibility||to be notified at site|
|Result||Jul – Aug 2020|
|Counselling for Shortlisted Candidate||Jul – Aug 2020|
- Qualifying Age: Maximum age should be 23 years as on June 01, 2020. Then upper age limit may be relaxed by a period of 5 (five) years for candidates of Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe/ Person with Disability (PWD) categories.
- Educational qualification – Applicants must have passed 12th standard from the recognized central / state board of secondary examination and a passing grade in the Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Open School with a minimum of five subjects
NIFT Admission 2020 Counselling Notice
The registration for counselling has been started. Candidates can register themselves by using the direct link that has been provided above.
Click here to download the Notice.
NIFT Admission 2020 Notification
Notification for Admission Counselling – 2020
- Click here to download the above notice.
Click here to download the Notification Regarding the Further Admission Process
NIFT 2020 Result
The result for NIFT 2020 entrance exam is released online under the login. Based on the candidates performance in the entrance exam, they are shortlisted to appear for the admission process of their respective course.To check the result online, candidates require to log in using email id and date of birth. Candidates who will qualify the CAT and GAT examination are then called for the next round of admission, which are as follows:
- Situation Test for B.Des.
- Group Discussion / Personal Interview for M.Des, M.F. Tech and MFM.
- B.F. Tech admission will only be granted on the basis of GAT score.
Candidates can check the weightage assigned to each test in the final merit list from the table below.
|Name of the course||Weightage of test|
|B.Des||CAT – 50%|
GAT – 30%
Situation Test – 20%
|M.Des||CAT – 40%|
GAT – 30%
GD / PI – 30%
|B.FTech||GAT – 100%|
|MFTech||GAT – 70%|
GD/PI – 30%
|MFM||GAT – 70%|
GD/PI – 30%
NIFT 2020 Selection Procedure
National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT) shortlist the candidates for admision in BDes, MDes, BFTech, MFTech and MFM programme on the basis of the following criterion:
Selection Criteria for BDes – The selection of candidates for UG Design programme is done on the basis of a written examination comprising of a Creative Ability Test (CAT) and General Ability Test (GAT), followed by a Situation Test which is to be held for shortlisted candidates of the written exam.
Selection Criteria for BFTech – The selection process comprises a written examination – General Ability Test (GAT).
Selection Criteria for MDes – For admission in the PG Design programme, the selection is done ont he basis of the candidate’s performance in the entrance exam comprising of Creative Ability Test (CAT) and General Ability Test (GAT). The qualifiers int he written test are then eligible to participate in the Group Discussion and Personal Interview (GD/PI)
Selection Criteria for MFTech/ MFM – The selection process comprises of a General Ability Test (GAT) followed by Group Discussion and Personal Interview (GD/PI).
NIFT 2020 Seat Intake
National Institute of Fashion Technology has divided its total number of seats across its 16 institutes and into a different category of candidates. Candidates can have a look at the number of seats available for the 10 courses, that it offers from below. Candidates can check the seat details for the academic session 2020-2021 from below.
|Name of the campus||Total number of seats|
To check the compele structure for seat details, click here.
NIFT 2020 Reservation Policy
The Institute reserves the seats for the following category candidates:
|Category||Reseravtion of Seat|
|Supernumerary for State Domicile.||20%|
|Supernumerary for Foreign Nationals/ SAARC/NRI.||15%|
NIFT 2020 Fee Structure
Candidates can check the fee structure for NIFT 2020 for the academic session 2020-2021 for all campuses and courses from the table below.
NIFT 2020 Answer Key
The answer key for NIFT 2020 entrance exam, i.e for GAT has been released online under candidate login. To download the key, candidates require to log in using roll number, date of birth, select the programe and question booklet number. Candidates can use it to cross-check their answers and evaluate their chances of qualifying the test.
Furthermore, candidates can also submit objection in NIFT answer key 2020 by paying an objection fee of Rs. 500 per question. It is to be submitted before the deadline.
NIFT 2020 Exam Schedule and Timing
The NIFT 2020 entrance exam is going to be held in a single day in two shifts. Check the complete schedule and timing for NIFT 2020 from the table below:
|Programme||Name of the Test||Test Timing|
|10:00 AM to 01:00 PM|
02:30 PM to 04:30 PM
|BFTech||GAT||10:00 AM to 01:00 PM|
|MFTech||GAT||10:00 AM to 01:00 PM|
|MFM||GAT||10:00 AM to 01:00 PM|
NIFT 2020 Admit Card
The Institute issues NIFT Admit Card 2020 to the registered candidates only. It can be downloaded from the official website of the Institute. No hard copy is sent to the candidates via post. Entry inside the test center is provided to the candidates by showing NIFT Hall Ticket only. It is advised to the candidates to report at the allotted test centre at least 60 minutes before the commencement of the examination.
NIFT 2020 Exam Pattern
It is important that the candidates must be well aware of the structure of the paper to prepare for the test. Check the exam pattern for NIFT 2020 from below.
- Mode of Exam: It is a pen-paper based test
- Duration of the exam: The entrance exam is of 120 minutes duration for BDes and MDes and for 180 minutes for BFTech/ MFTech/ MFM.
- Paper Name: For UG and PG Design programme, two papers are conducted, Creative Ability Test (CAT) and General Ability Test (GAT). Whereas, for BFTech, MFTech and MFM, only GAT is applicable.
- Language of Questions: The question paper is of English and Hindi language only.
- Type of Questions: There are multiple-choice objective type questions (MCQ)
- Type of Questions in CAT: The Creative Ability Test (CAT) is administered for both UG and PG Design Programmes to judge the intuitive ability, power of observation in concept development and design ability of the candidate. An important aspect of the test is creative and innovative.
Candidates can check the distribution of questions for GAT from the table below:
General Ability Test for (GAT) for B.Des and M.Des
|General Knowledge and Current Affairs||15||15|
General Ability Test for (GAT) for BFTech/ MFTech/ MFM
|Communication Ability & English Comprehension||45||45||50|
|Analytical & Logical Ability||25||25||25|
|General Knowledge and Current Affairs||25||25||25|
NIFT 2020 Syllabus
The syllabus for NIFT 2020 for General Ability Test (GAT) consist of the following components:
- Quantitative Ability: Addition, Multiplication, Division, Fractions, Percentage, Rate of Interest, Work and Task, Ratio and Proportion, and Distance.
- Communication Ability and English Comprehension: This section is aimed at testing the language ability of the candidates. It includes questions on synonyms, antonyms, words with corresponding meanings, sin-
gular, plural, one word substitutes, idioms and phrases, correct spellings, comprehend a situation from a given passage etc.
- Analytical Ability and Logical Ability: It test the candidate’s capacity for inference and logic from the given information and to evaluate the candidate’s ability to identify the given problem and apply reasoning in solving the core issues of the problem. Concepts and practice of creative and lateral thinking are likely to be useful.
- General Knowledge and Current Affairs: This section tests the candidate’s general knowledge and current affairs.
- Case Study: This sub-test is based on a situation of an industry environment. It helps to evaluate the candidate’s managerial ability.
NIFT 2020 Application Form
The application form for NIFT 2020 has been released by online mode only. NO offline form is provided to the candidates. In order to apply online, candidates have to register first and then enter the necessary infromation in the NIFT Application Form. After entering the details, the aspirants need to upload the scanned image of their passport size photo and signature as per the specification and format. Lastly, candidates need to pay the application fee, submit the form and take its print out.
NIFT 2020 Application Fee
NIFT 2020 application form is considered complete and valid only after the payment of the application fee which is as follows –
|General / OBC||Rs. 2000|
|SC / ST / PWD||Rs. 1000|
Mode of Payment – The amount of form fee can be paid online through Net Banking, Credit card, Debit card) or by offline mode through Demand Draft.
NIFT 2020 Eligibility Criteria
To apply for NIFT 2020 entrance exam, candidates must ensure that they fulfil the eligibility criteria. Below, you can check the eligibility for UG and PG programe offered at the NIFT campuses from below.
Eligibility for Bachelor Programmes – B.Des and BFTech
Age Limit: The age of the candidate should not exceed 23 years of age as on 1st october, 2019. Upper age limit is relaxed by a period of 5 years for SC / ST / PWD category candidates.
- Candidate must have passed 12th standard from the recognized central / state board of secondary examination and a pass grade in the Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Open School with a minimum of five subjects OR
- 3 or 4 years diploma recognized by AICTE or a State Board of Technical Education OR
- Any Public School / Board / University Examination in India or in foreign countries recognized by the Association of Indian Universities as equivalent to 10+2 system.
- Candidate must have passed 12th standard from the recognized central / state board of secondary examination with physics, chemistry and mathematics and
- 3 or 4-years diploma in any branch of Engineering recognized by AICTE or a State Board of Technical Education OR
- Pass grade in the Senior Secondary School Examination with a minimum of five subjects with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics OR
- Any Public School / Board / University Examination in India or in foreign countries recognized by the Association of Indian Universities as equivalent to 10+2 system with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics OR
- General Certificate of Education (GCE) Examination at the advanced level with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics / International Baccalaureate (IB).
Eligibility for Master Programmes – M.Des/ MFTech/ MFM
Age Limit: There is no age limit for the candidates to apply for the Master’s programme
Educational Qualification for MDes/ MFM
Bachelor’s degree from any Institute / University recognised by law in India OR candidate should posses an undergraduate diploma of at least 3 years duration from NIFT / NID.
Educational Qualification for MFtech
Candidate should have completed B.F.Tech from NIFT or B.E / B.Tech from any Institute / University recognised by law in India.
Note: Candidates appearing in the qualifying examination are also eligible to apply for NIFT.
NIFT 2020 Test Center
The NIFT 2020 entrance exam is scheduled to be held at 32 test cities spread across in India. Candidates can check the complete list of NIFT 2020 test cities from the table below:
Courses Offered by NIFT Campuses
Candidates are offered admission in various BDes, BFTech, MDes, MFM, and MFTech programme att he following NIFT 16 campuses.
- NIFT Delhi (university head office)
- NIFT Bengaluru
- NIFT Bhopal
- NIFT Bhubaneswar
- NIFT Chennai
- NIFT Gandhinagar
- NIFT Hyderabad
- NIFT Jodhpur
- NIFT Varanasi (planned)
- NIFT Kangra
- NIFT Kannur
- NIFT Kolkata
- NIFT Mumbai
- NIFT Patna
- NIFT Raebareli
- NIFT Shillong
- NIFT Srinagar
- NIFT Panchkula
National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT)
Established in 1986, National Institute of Fashion Technology is the pionerring institute of fashion education in India. NIFT has total number of 18 campuses in India. The University Head office is NIFT Delhi. The Institute offers various bachelor’s and master’s program and candidate has to appear for the admission process for getting admission in any of these programmes.
The following courses are offered under Bachelors of Design:
- Accessory Design
- Fashion Communication
- Fashion Design
- Knitwear Design
- Leather Design
- Textile Design
The following courses are offered under Masters of Design:
- Fashion Management
- Fashion Technology
Official Website: www.nift.ac.in
For information on NIFT 2020 Admission and Entrance Exam, read Information Brochure.
NIFT 2020 Exam Frequently Asked Questions
Ans : For admission into NIFT, candidates have to appear for NIFT entrance exam.
Ans : Candidates must have completed 12th with minimum 50% aggregate marks.
Ans : To apply for the exam, candidates need to fill the online application form on the official website.
Ans : The upper age limit to apply for admission is 23 years. Candidate must be of 23 years or below.
Ans : Candidates are shortlisted on the basis of performance in NIFT 2020.
Ans : The exam is conducted in online mode (computer-based)
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.