NIFT Admission 2021 – NIFT has announced the 2nd round counselling from August 03 to 06, 2021. The declared B.Des Result and merit list are prepared based on the scores obtained by the candidates in the CAT & GAT exam out of 80%. The notification about the methodology applied for the result is given below. National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT) conducts an entrance exam for admission. This university-level exam is conducted every year to shortlist candidates for admission in BDes, BDes, B.FTech, M.FTech, Master of Fashion Management (MFM) and Ph.D courses. To apply for NIFT 2021 entrance exam, candidates must ensure that they fulfil the eligibility criteria. Check more information on NIFT admission 2021 from this page.
For details regarding NIFT 2021 – Click here
– NIFT has released Ph.D Admission 2021 Result of Written Examination. Check here
– NIFT 2nd Round Online Counselling 2021 Process is out. Check here
– NIFT has released the notification for refund and withdrawal. Check here
– NIFT Counselling seats availability Live Status is out. Check here
– NIFT has released the counselling letter for PWD. Download Here
– NIFT is conducting the counselling process for PWD on July 13, 2021. Click here to check the notice.
– NIFT has released the counselling letter and counselling will commence from July 14-29, 2021 for UG and PG Programmes. Check here
– NIFT has released notification for Clarifications Gen. EWS Certificate, OBC(NC) Certificate & Dyslexic Certificate. Click here to check it.
– NIFT 2021 counselling process is opened till July 06, 2021, up to 11:59 pm and do corrections in uploaded documents and payment till July 09, 2021, up to 11:59 pm. Click here to check more details.
– NIFT has released the result of written test (CAT and GAT) of Domicile Candidates of J&K/ Ladakh for B.Des admission 2021. Click here to check it.
– NIFT has Counselling registartion is open. Click here to apply for counselling.
– NIFT has released Registration Guidelines for counselling. Check Here.
– NIFT has released the notification for counselling registartion open from June 29, 2021. Click here to check the details.
– NIFT has released the notification for Dyslexic candidate. Click here to check it.
– NIFT has released notification for admission counselling 2021. Click here to check it.
– NIFT has released the provisional shortlisting for Foreign Nationals, SAARC, NRI and OCI admission 2021. Click here to check it.
– NIFT has released a notification as per the received queries about the methodology used in the preparation of the B.Des result. Check here for details
– NIFT has released the Status of the candidates after 2nd round of scrutiny for Ph.D Admission 2021. Click here to check it.
– NIFT has released the provisional admit card is out for entrance test NIFT Srinagar (J&K) Admission 2021. Click here to download here.
– NIFT has released the final result for B.Des., M.Des., MFM & MFTech Programmes and B.F.Tech Admissions 2021. Click here to check it.
– NIFT has released online registration for Domicile Candidate of Jammu & Kashmir / Ladakh. Click here to fill the form.
– Schedule for NIFT Ph.D admission 2021 has been revised. Check below.
– NIFT 2021 B.F.Tech. final result will be announced in the month of May.
– NIFT has opened the link for shortlisted candidates to select the online Interview Date for M.Des, MFM, and MFT courses. Click here to access the link.
– Application Form has been started for NIFT Ph.D Admission 2021-22. Click here to apply.
NIFT Admission and Entrance Exam 2021
As per last year’s data, approximately 2 lakh students appear for the exam. The candidates can check the important dates for NIFT admission 2021 from the table below.
|NIFT Admission 2021||Important Dates|
|NIFT 2021 Registration starts from||14 Dec 2020|
|Last date to submit NIFT 2021 Application Form||21 Jan 2021|
|NIFT 2021 application form correction window opens on||25 Jan 2021|
|Last date to edit details in NIFT Application Form||28 Jan 2021|
|NIFT 2021 Admit Card releases in||01 Feb 2021|
|NIFT 2021 exam date||14 Feb 2021|
|NIFT 2021 answer key objection||17 – 20 Feb 2021|
|Last date to submit objection in answer key||to be announced|
|Declaration of NIFT Result 2021 for B.Des, M.Des, MFM, and MFT courses||17 Mar 2021|
|Declaration of NIFT Final Result 2021 for B.F.Tech||27 May 2021|
|Last date for online registration by Foreign Nationals||30 Apr 2021|
|Shortlisted candidates select the online Interview Date for M.Des, MFM, and MFT courses from||09 Apr 2021|
|Final Result||02 Jun 2021 – M.Des., MFM & MFTech Programmes|
09 Jun 2021 – B.Des course
|Counselling||29 Jun to 06 Jul 2021 up to 11:59 pm|
|Last date to do correction in uploaded documents and payment||09 Jul 2021 up to 11:59 pm|
Schedule for NIFT Ph.D admission 2021
|Availability of Application Form||01 Apr 2021|
|Last date of Application Form|
23 May 2021
|Receipt of printed Application form|
31 May 2021
|Application status for Eligibility|
4th week of June 2021
(20th to 26th June)
|Availability of Admit Cards|
5th week of June 2021
(27th June to 3rd July 2021)
|Written Entrance Examination|
10 Jul 2021
|Written Exam Result|
4th week of July, 2021
(18th to 24th July 2021)
|Research Proposal Presentation and Interview|
1st week of August
(1st to 7th August 2021)
|Announcement of Results|
(8th to 14th August 2021
|Registration and payment of fees on or before|
20 Aug 2021
|Semester Start||16 Aug 2021|
23 Aug 2021
Online registration schedule for Domicile Candidate of Jammu & Kashmir / Ladakh only:
|Registration starts from||15 May 2021 (10:00 Hrs)|
|Last date to submit 8Application Form||31 May 2021 (16:00 Hrs)|
NIFT Admission 2021 Schedule for NIFT Ph.D admission 2021 Revised
NIFT Admission 2021 Notification For Master Programmes Interview
Click here to download the notice.
Courses Offered by NIFT Campuses
Candidates are offered admission in various BDes, BFTech, MDes, MFM, and MFTech programme att he following NIFT 16 campuses.
- NIFT Delhi (university head office)
- NIFT Bengaluru
- NIFT Bhopal
- NIFT Bhubaneswar
- NIFT Chennai
- NIFT Gandhinagar
- NIFT Hyderabad
- NIFT Jodhpur
- NIFT Varanasi (planned)
- NIFT Kangra
- NIFT Kannur
- NIFT Kolkata
- NIFT Mumbai
- NIFT Patna
- NIFT Raebareli
- NIFT Shillong
- NIFT Srinagar
- NIFT Panchkula
National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT)
Established in 1986, National Institute of Fashion Technology is the pionerring institute of fashion education in India. NIFT has total number of 18 campuses in India. The University Head office is NIFT Delhi. The Institute offers various bachelor’s and master’s program and candidate has to appear for the admission process for getting admission in any of these programmes.
The following courses are offered under Bachelors of Design:
- Accessory Design
- Fashion Communication
- Fashion Design
- Knitwear Design
- Leather Design
- Textile Design
The following courses are offered under Masters of Design:
- Fashion Management
- Fashion Technology
NIFT 2021 Application Form
The application form for NIFT 2021 has been released by online mode only. NO offline form is provided to the candidates. In order to apply online, candidates have to register first and then enter the necessary infromation in the NIFT Application Form. After entering the details, the aspirants need to upload the scanned image of their passport size photo and signature as per the specification and format. Lastly, candidates need to pay the application fee, submit the form and take its print out.
NIFT 2021 Application Fee
NIFT 2021 application form is considered complete and valid only after the payment of the application fee which is as follows as per last year –
|General / OBC||Rs. 2000|
|SC / ST / PWD||Rs. 1000|
Mode of Payment – The amount of form fee can be paid online through Net Banking, Credit card, Debit card.
NIFT Ph.D 2021 Application Form
Application Form has been released online. Candidates are required to apply online through website: https://applyadmission.net/nift2021phd. Entries in the application form shall be required to be filled only in English.
- Non-Refundable Fee for General/OBC (Non-Creamy) Category: Rs. 2300/-
- Non-Refundable Fee for SC/ST/PWD Category: Rs. 1300/-
Candidates applying online are required to take print out of auto generated filled in Application Format, put their signature at designated places and send it along with self-attested copies of testimonials/certificates in support of Date of Birth, Category, Educational & Professional qualification, Experience, etc. to DD (Admission), NIFT – Head Office, Hauz Khas, New Delhi-110 016 so as to reach on or before 10 May, 2021.
An alternate payment option, candidate can submit application fee through NEFT/RTGS/IMPS in following bank account:
Account Name: NIFT HO PHD FEE ACCOUNT
Account No.: 340602050000056
IFSC Code: UBIN0534064
NIFT 2021 Eligibility Criteria
To apply for NIFT 2021 entrance exam, candidates must ensure that they fulfil the eligibility criteria. Below, you can check the eligibility for UG and PG programe offered at the NIFT campuses from below.
Eligibility for Bachelor Programmes – B.Des and BFTech
Age Limit: The age of the candidate should not exceed 24 years of age as on 1st August 2021. Upper age limit is relaxed by a period of 5 years for SC / ST / PWD category candidates.
- Candidate must have passed 12th standard from the recognized central / state board of secondary examination and a pass grade in the Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Open School with a minimum of five subjects OR
- 3 or 4 years diploma recognized by AICTE or a State Board of Technical Education OR
- Any Public School / Board / University Examination in India or in foreign countries recognized by the Association of Indian Universities as equivalent to 10+2 system.
- Candidate must have passed 12th standard from the recognized central / state board of secondary examination with physics, chemistry and mathematics and
- 3 or 4-years diploma in any branch of Engineering recognized by AICTE or a State Board of Technical Education OR
- Pass grade in the Senior Secondary School Examination with a minimum of five subjects with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics OR
- Any Public School / Board / University Examination in India or in foreign countries recognized by the Association of Indian Universities as equivalent to 10+2 system with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics OR
- General Certificate of Education (GCE) Examination at the advanced level with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics / International Baccalaureate (IB).
Eligibility for Master Programmes – M.Des/ MFTech/ MFM
Age Limit: There is no age limit for the candidates to apply for the Master’s programme
Educational Qualification for MDes/ MFM
Bachelor’s degree from any Institute / University recognised by law in India OR candidate should posses an undergraduate diploma of at least 3 years duration from NIFT / NID.
Educational Qualification for MFtech
Candidate should have completed B.F.Tech from NIFT or B.E / B.Tech from any Institute / University recognised by law in India.
Note: Candidates appearing in the qualifying examination are also eligible to apply for NIFT.
Eligibility for Phd Programmes
- Qualification – Post-graduation degree in the relevant area of Design, Management or Technology (or) equivalent qualification from an institute/ university of national/ international repute
- Min Education after class X – 07
- CGPA – Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 6.0 on a 10 point scale (5.5 for SC/ST candidates) or equivalent or 55% (50% for SC/ST candidates) marks in aggregate (of all the years/semesters)
- Work Experience – None
- Qualification – Where the Master’s Degree is found to be in a discipline not relevant to the areas identified by NIFT
- Min Education after class X – 07
- CGPA – Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 6.0 on a 10-point scale (5.5 for SC/ST candidates) or equivalent OR 55% (50% for SC/ST candidates) marks in aggregate (of all the years/semesters)
- Work Experience – 10 years of professional experience (teaching/working) in the proposed area of research
- Qualification – Bachelors degree in the relevant area of Design, Management or Technology (or) equivalent qualification from an institute/ university of national/ international repute
- Min Education after class X – 05
- CGPA – Minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 8.0 on a 10-point scale or equivalent as determined by the Institute wherever letter grades are awarded; or 75% (70% for SC/ST candidates) marks in aggregate (of all the years/semesters) where marks are awarded
- Work Experience – 10 years of professional experience (teaching/working) in the proposed area of research
NIFT 2021 Exam Schedule and Timing
It is expected that NIFT 2021 entrance exam is going to be held in a single day in two shifts. Check the complete schedule and timing as per last year for NIFT 2021 from the table below:
|Programme||Name of the Test||Test Timing|
|10:00 AM to 01:00 PM|
02:30 PM to 04:30 PM
|BFTech||GAT||10:00 AM to 01:00 PM|
|MFTech||GAT||10:00 AM to 01:00 PM|
|MFM||GAT||10:00 AM to 01:00 PM|
NIFT 2021 Admit Card
The Institute issues NIFT Admit Card 2021 to the registered candidates only. It can be downloaded from the official website of the Institute. No hard copy is sent to the candidates via post. Entry inside the test center is provided to the candidates by showing NIFT Hall Ticket only. It is advised to the candidates to report at the allotted test centre at least 60 minutes before the commencement of the examination.
NIFT 2021 Exam Pattern
It is important that the candidates must be well aware of the structure of the paper to prepare for the test. Check the exam pattern for NIFT 2021 from below.
- Mode of Exam: It is a pen-paper based test
- Duration of the exam: The entrance exam is of 120 minutes duration for BDes and MDes and for 180 minutes for BFTech/ MFTech/ MFM.
- Paper Name: For UG and PG Design programme, two papers are conducted, Creative Ability Test (CAT) and General Ability Test (GAT). Whereas, for BFTech, MFTech and MFM, only GAT is applicable.
- Language of Questions: The question paper is of English and Hindi language only.
- Type of Questions: There are multiple-choice objective type questions (MCQ)
- Type of Questions in CAT: The Creative Ability Test (CAT) is administered for both UG and PG Design Programmes to judge the intuitive ability, power of observation in concept development and design ability of the candidate. An important aspect of the test is creative and innovative.
Candidates can check the distribution of questions for GAT from the table below:
General Ability Test for (GAT) for B.Des and M.Des
|General Knowledge and Current Affairs||15||15|
General Ability Test for (GAT) for BFTech/ MFTech/ MFM
|Communication Ability & English Comprehension||45||45||50|
|Analytical & Logical Ability||25||25||25|
|General Knowledge and Current Affairs||25||25||25|
NIFT 2021 Syllabus
The syllabus for NIFT 2021 for General Ability Test (GAT) consist of the following components:
- Quantitative Ability: Addition, Multiplication, Division, Fractions, Percentage, Rate of Interest, Work and Task, Ratio and Proportion, and Distance.
- Communication Ability and English Comprehension: This section is aimed at testing the language ability of the candidates. It includes questions on synonyms, antonyms, words with corresponding meanings, sin-
gular, plural, one word substitutes, idioms and phrases, correct spellings, comprehend a situation from a given passage etc.
- Analytical Ability and Logical Ability: It test the candidate’s capacity for inference and logic from the given information and to evaluate the candidate’s ability to identify the given problem and apply reasoning in solving the core issues of the problem. Concepts and practice of creative and lateral thinking are likely to be useful.
- General Knowledge and Current Affairs: This section tests the candidate’s general knowledge and current affairs.
- Case Study: This sub-test is based on a situation of an industry environment. It helps to evaluate the candidate’s managerial ability.
NIFT 2021 Test Center
The NIFT entrance exam is scheduled to be held at 32 test cities spread across in India. Candidates can check the complete list of NIFT test cities from the table below:
NIFT 2021 Answer Key
The answer key for NIFT 2021 entrance exam, i.e for GAT has been released online under candidate login. To download the key, candidates require to log in using roll number, date of birth, select the programe and question booklet number. Candidates can use it to cross-check their answers and evaluate their chances of qualifying the test.
Furthermore, candidates can also submit objection in NIFT answer key 2021 by paying an objection fee of Rs. 500 per question. It is to be submitted before the deadline.
NIFT 2021 Result
The result for NIFT 2021 entrance exam is released online under the login. Based on the candidates performance in the entrance exam, they are shortlisted to appear for the admission process of their respective course.To check the result online, candidates require to log in using email id and date of birth. Candidates who will qualify the CAT and GAT examination are then called for the next round of admission, which are as follows:
Situation Test for B.Des.
- Group Discussion / Personal Interview for M.Des, M.F. Tech and MFM.
- B.F. Tech admission will only be granted on the basis of GAT score.
Candidates can check the weightage assigned to each test in the final merit list from the table below.
Note: Due to the situation test had been cancelled. The result for the B.Des is prepared based on the 50% weightage of the CAT exam and 30% weightage of the GAT exam. The result is declared on 9 June out of 80%.
|Name of the course||Weightage of test|
|B.Des||CAT – 50%|
GAT – 30%
|M.Des||CAT – 40%|
GAT – 30%
GD / PI – 30%
|B.FTech||GAT – 100%|
|MFTech||GAT – 70%|
GD/PI – 30%
|MFM||GAT – 70%|
GD/PI – 30%
NIFT 2021 Selection Procedure
National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT) shortlist the candidates for admision in BDes, MDes, BFTech, MFTech and MFM programme on the basis of the following criterion:
Selection Criteria for BDes – The selection of candidates for UG Design programme is done on the basis of a written examination comprising of a Creative Ability Test (CAT) and General Ability Test (GAT), followed by a Situation Test which is to be held for shortlisted candidates of the written exam.
Selection Criteria for BFTech – The selection process comprises a written examination – General Ability Test (GAT).
Selection Criteria for MDes – For admission in the PG Design programme, the selection is done ont he basis of the candidate’s performance in the entrance exam comprising of Creative Ability Test (CAT) and General Ability Test (GAT). The qualifiers int he written test are then eligible to participate in the Group Discussion and Personal Interview (GD/PI)
Selection Criteria for MFTech/ MFM – The selection process comprises of a General Ability Test (GAT) followed by Group Discussion and Personal Interview (GD/PI).
Selection Criteria for Ph.D – Selection will be made on the basis of Written examination and personal interview. The merit of candidates will be drawn up on the total score of written test. The names of qualifying candidates will be put up on NIFT website, who then have to appear for research proposal presentation and interview (as per the calendar of activities). Admission will be offered to the deserving candidates depending on the number of seats available for the academic year.
NIFT 2021 Seat Intake
National Institute of Fashion Technology has divided its total number of seats across its 17 institutes and into a different category of candidates. Candidates can have a look at the number of seats available for the 10 courses, that it offers from below. Candidates can check seat details from below.
|Name of the campus||Total number of seats|
NIFT 2021 Reservation Policy
The Institute reserves the seats for the following category candidates:
|Category||Reseravtion of Seat|
|Supernumerary for State Domicile.||20%|
|Supernumerary for Foreign Nationals/ SAARC/NRI.||15%|
NIFT 2021 Fee Structure
Candidates can check the fee structure for NIFT 2021 for the academic session 2021-2022 for all campuses and courses from the table below.
Official Website: www.nift.ac.in
NIFT 2021 Exam Frequently Asked Questions
Ans : For admission into NIFT, candidates have to appear for NIFT entrance exam.
Ans : Candidates must have completed 12th with minimum 50% aggregate marks.
Ans : To apply for the exam, candidates need to fill the online application form on the official website.
Ans : The upper age limit to apply for admission is 24 years. Candidate must be of 24 years or below.
Ans : Candidates are shortlisted on the basis of performance in NIFT 2021.
Ans : The exam is conducted in pen and paper mode.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.