NIFT Admission 2022 – NIFT has released registration form for NIFT UG and PG Entrance Examination 2022 at niftadmissions.in. National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT) conducts an entrance exam for admission. This university-level exam is conducted every year to shortlist candidates for admission in BDes, BDes, B.FTech, M.FTech, Master of Fashion Management (MFM) and Ph.D courses. To apply for NIFT 2022 entrance exam, candidates must ensure that they fulfill the eligibility criteria. Check more information on NIFT admission 2022 from this page.
Latest – NIFT UG and PG 2022 application form has released. Click here to apply online.
NIFT Admission and Entrance Exam 2022
The candidates can check the important dates for NIFT admission 2022 from the table below.
|NIFT UG and PG Admission 2022||Important Dates|
|NIFT 2022 Registration starts from||03 Dec 2021|
|Last date to submit NIFT 2022 Application Form||1st week of Jan 2022|
|Last date for online registration with late fee of Rs. 5000/- (in addition to the applicable application fee)||2nd week of Jan 2022|
|NIFT 2022 Admit Card releases in||3rd week of Jan 2022|
|NIFT 2022 exam date||1st week of Feb 2022|
|NIFT 2022 answer key objection||2nd week of Feb 2022|
|Result of Written Entrance Examination||Mar 2022|
|Situation Test/ Group Discussion/ Interview||Apr 2022|
|Last date for online registration for foreign nationals/SAARC/NRIs/OCI||30 Apr 2022|
|Declaration of Final Result (Online)||May 2022|
|Counselling||May – June 2022|
Schedule for NIFT Ph.D admission 2022
|Availability of Application Form||03 Dec 2021|
|Last date of Application Form||to be announced|
|Receipt of printed Application form||to be announced|
|Application status for Eligibility||to be announced|
|Availability of Admit Cards||to be announced|
|Written Entrance Examination||to be announced|
|Written Exam Result||to be announced|
|Research Proposal Presentation and Interview||to be announced|
|Announcement of Results||to be announced|
|Registration and payment of fees on or before||to be announced|
|Semester Start||to be announced|
Online registration schedule for Domicile Candidate of Jammu & Kashmir / Ladakh only:
|Registration starts from||to be announced|
|Last date to submit Application Form||to be announced|
NIFT 2022 Notification
NIFT has released notification regarding registration for NIFT Entrance Examination 2022 for the Regular (UG & PG), NLEA, Ph.D will start from December 03, 2021. Candidates can check the notice below.
Click here to check the Notice.
Courses Offered by NIFT Campuses
Candidates are offered admission in various BDes, BFTech, MDes, MFM, and MFTech programme at the following NIFT 16 campuses.
The following courses are offered under Bachelors of Design:
- Accessory Design
- Fashion Communication
- Fashion Design
- Knitwear Design
- Leather Design
- Textile Design
The following courses are offered under Masters of Design:
- Fashion Management
- Fashion Technology
NIFT 2022 Application Form
The application form for NIFT 2022 has been released by online mode only. NO offline form is provided to the candidates. In order to apply online, candidates have to register first and then enter the necessary information in the NIFT Application Form. After entering the details, the aspirants need to upload the scanned image of their passport size photo and signature as per the specification and format. Lastly, candidates need to pay the application fee, submit the form and take its print out.
NIFT 2022 Application Fee
NIFT 2022 application form is considered complete and valid only after the payment of the application fee which is as follows-
|Category||Fee (As per last year)|
|General / OBC (Non-Creamy)/ GEN-EWS Category:||Rs. 3000/-|
|SC / ST / PWD||Rs. 1500/-|
Mode of Payment – The amount of form fee can be paid online through Net Banking, Credit card, Debit card.
NIFT Ph.D 2022 Application Form
Application Form has been released online. Candidates are required to apply online through website. Entries in the application form shall be required to be filled only in English.
- Non-Refundable Fee for General/OBC (Non-Creamy) Category: Rs. 2300/-
- Non-Refundable Fee for SC/ST/PWD Category: Rs. 1300/-
Candidates applying online are required to take print out of auto generated filled in Application Format, put their signature at designated places and send it along with self-attested copies of testimonials/certificates in support of Date of Birth, Category, Educational & Professional qualification, Experience, etc. to DD (Admission), NIFT – Head Office, Hauz Khas, New Delhi-110 016.
NIFT 2022 Eligibility Criteria
To apply for NIFT 2022 entrance exam, candidates must ensure that they fulfil the eligibility criteria. Below, you can check the eligibility for UG and PG programe offered at the NIFT campuses from below.
Eligibility for Bachelor Programmes – B.Des and BFTech
Age Limit: The age of the candidate should not exceed 24 years of age as on 1st August 2022. Upper age limit is relaxed by a period of 5 years for SC / ST / PWD category candidates.
- Candidate must have passed 12th standard from the recognized central / state board of secondary examination and a pass grade in the Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Open School with a minimum of five subjects OR
- 3 or 4 years diploma recognized by AICTE or a State Board of Technical Education OR
- Any Public School / Board / University Examination in India or in foreign countries recognized by the Association of Indian Universities as equivalent to 10+2 system.
- Candidate must have passed 12th standard from the recognized central / state board of secondary examination with physics, chemistry and mathematics and
- 3 or 4-years diploma in any branch of Engineering recognized by AICTE or a State Board of Technical Education OR
- Pass grade in the Senior Secondary School Examination with a minimum of five subjects with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics OR
- Any Public School / Board / University Examination in India or in foreign countries recognized by the Association of Indian Universities as equivalent to 10+2 system with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics OR
- General Certificate of Education (GCE) Examination at the advanced level with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics / International Baccalaureate (IB).
Eligibility for Master Programmes – M.Des/ MFTech/ MFM
Age Limit: There is no age limit for the candidates to apply for the Master’s programme
Educational Qualification for MDes/ MFM
Bachelor’s degree from any Institute / University recognised by law in India OR candidate should posses an undergraduate diploma of at least 3 years duration from NIFT / NID.
Educational Qualification for MFtech
Candidate should have completed B.F.Tech from NIFT or B.E / B.Tech from any Institute / University recognised by law in India.
Note: Candidates appearing in the qualifying examination are also eligible to apply for NIFT.
Eligibility for Phd Programmes
- Qualification – Post-graduation degree in the relevant area of Design, Management or Technology (or) equivalent qualification from an institute/ university of national/ international repute
- Min Education after class X – 07
- CGPA – Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 6.0 on a 10 point scale (5.5 for SC/ST candidates) or equivalent or 55% (50% for SC/ST candidates) marks in aggregate (of all the years/semesters)
- Work Experience – None
- Qualification – Where the Master’s Degree is found to be in a discipline not relevant to the areas identified by NIFT
- Min Education after class X – 07
- CGPA – Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 6.0 on a 10-point scale (5.5 for SC/ST candidates) or equivalent OR 55% (50% for SC/ST candidates) marks in aggregate (of all the years/semesters)
- Work Experience – 10 years of professional experience (teaching/working) in the proposed area of research
- Qualification – Bachelors degree in the relevant area of Design, Management or Technology (or) equivalent qualification from an institute/ university of national/ international repute
- Min Education after class X – 05
- CGPA – Minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 8.0 on a 10-point scale or equivalent as determined by the Institute wherever letter grades are awarded; or 75% (70% for SC/ST candidates) marks in aggregate (of all the years/semesters) where marks are awarded
- Work Experience – 10 years of professional experience (teaching/working) in the proposed area of research
NIFT 2022 Admit Card
The Institute issues NIFT Admit Card 2022 to the registered candidates only. It can be downloaded from the official website of the Institute. No hard copy is sent to the candidates via post. Entry inside the test center is provided to the candidates by showing NIFT Hall Ticket only. It is advised to the candidates to report at the allotted test centre at least 60 minutes before the commencement of the examination.
NIFT 2022 Exam Schedule and Timing
It is expected that NIFT 2022 entrance exam is going to be held in a single day in two shifts. Check the complete schedule and timing as per last year for NIFT 2022 from the table below:
|Programme||Name of the Test||Test Timing (As per last year)|
|10:00 AM to 01:00 PM|
02:30 PM to 04:30 PM
|BFTech||GAT||10:00 AM to 01:00 PM|
|MFTech||GAT||10:00 AM to 01:00 PM|
|MFM||GAT||10:00 AM to 01:00 PM|
NIFT 2022 Exam Pattern
It is important that the candidates must be well aware of the structure of the paper to prepare for the test. Check the exam pattern for NIFT 2022 from below.
- Mode of Exam: It is a pen-paper based test
- Duration of the exam: The entrance exam is of 120 minutes duration for BDes and MDes and for 180 minutes for BFTech/ MFTech/ MFM.
- Paper Name: For UG and PG Design programme, two papers are conducted, Creative Ability Test (CAT) and General Ability Test (GAT). Whereas, for BFTech, MFTech and MFM, only GAT is applicable.
- Language of Questions: The question paper is of English and Hindi language only.
- Type of Questions: There are multiple-choice objective type questions (MCQ)
- Type of Questions in CAT: The Creative Ability Test (CAT) is administered for both UG and PG Design Programmes to judge the intuitive ability, power of observation in concept development and design ability of the candidate. An important aspect of the test is creative and innovative.
Candidates can check the distribution of questions for GAT from the table below (As per last year):
General Ability Test for (GAT) for B.Des and M.Des
|General Knowledge and Current Affairs||15||15|
General Ability Test for (GAT) for BFTech/ MFTech/ MFM
|Communication Ability & English Comprehension||45||45||50|
|Analytical & Logical Ability||25||25||25|
|General Knowledge and Current Affairs||25||25||25|
NIFT 2022 Syllabus
The syllabus for NIFT 2022 for General Ability Test (GAT) consist of the following components:
- Quantitative Ability: Addition, Multiplication, Division, Fractions, Percentage, Rate of Interest, Work and Task, Ratio and Proportion, and Distance.
- Communication Ability and English Comprehension: This section is aimed at testing the language ability of the candidates. It includes questions on synonyms, antonyms, words with corresponding meanings, sin-
gular, plural, one word substitutes, idioms and phrases, correct spellings, comprehend a situation from a given passage etc.
- Analytical Ability and Logical Ability: It test the candidate’s capacity for inference and logic from the given information and to evaluate the candidate’s ability to identify the given problem and apply reasoning in solving the core issues of the problem. Concepts and practice of creative and lateral thinking are likely to be useful.
- General Knowledge and Current Affairs: This section tests the candidate’s general knowledge and current affairs.
- Case Study: This sub-test is based on a situation of an industry environment. It helps to evaluate the candidate’s managerial ability.
NIFT 2022 Test Center
The NIFT entrance exam last year was scheduled to be held at 32 test cities spread across in India. Candidates can check the complete list of NIFT test cities from the table below:
NIFT 2022 Answer Key
The answer key for NIFT 2022 entrance exam, i.e for GAT will be released online under candidate login. To download the key, candidates require to log in using roll number, date of birth, select the programe and question booklet number. Candidates can use it to cross-check their answers and evaluate their chances of qualifying the test.
Furthermore, candidates can also submit objection in NIFT answer key 2022 by paying an objection fee of Rs. 500 per question. It is to be submitted before the deadline.
NIFT 2022 Result
The result for NIFT 202 entrance exam releases online under the login. Based on the candidates performance in the entrance exam, they are shortlisted to appear for the admission process of their respective course.To check the result online, candidates require to log in using email id and date of birth. Candidates who will qualify the CAT and GAT examination are then called for the next round of admission, which are as follows:
Situation Test for B.Des.
- Group Discussion / Personal Interview for M.Des, M.F. Tech and MFM.
- B.F. Tech admission will only be granted on the basis of GAT score.
Candidates can check the weightage assigned to each test in the final merit list from the table below.
Note: Last year, as the situation test was cancelled. The result for the B.Des was prepared based on the 50% weightage of the CAT exam and 30% weightage of the GAT exam. The result is declared on 9 June out of 80%.
|Name of the course||Weightage of test|
|B.Des||CAT – 50%|
GAT – 30%
|M.Des||CAT – 40%|
GAT – 30%
GD / PI – 30%
|B.FTech||GAT – 100%|
|MFTech||GAT – 70%|
GD/PI – 30%
|MFM||GAT – 70%|
GD/PI – 30%
NIFT 2022 Selection Procedure
National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT) shortlist the candidates for admision in BDes, MDes, BFTech, MFTech and MFM programme on the basis of the following criterion:
Selection Criteria for BDes – The selection of candidates for UG Design programme is done on the basis of a written examination comprising of a Creative Ability Test (CAT) and General Ability Test (GAT), followed by a Situation Test which is to be held for shortlisted candidates of the written exam.
Selection Criteria for BFTech – The selection process comprises a written examination – General Ability Test (GAT).
Selection Criteria for MDes – For admission in the PG Design programme, the selection is done ont he basis of the candidate’s performance in the entrance exam comprising of Creative Ability Test (CAT) and General Ability Test (GAT). The qualifiers int he written test are then eligible to participate in the Group Discussion and Personal Interview (GD/PI)
Selection Criteria for MFTech/ MFM – The selection process comprises of a General Ability Test (GAT) followed by Group Discussion and Personal Interview (GD/PI).
Selection Criteria for Ph.D – Selection will be made on the basis of Written examination and personal interview. The merit of candidates will be drawn up on the total score of written test. The names of qualifying candidates will be put up on NIFT website, who then have to appear for research proposal presentation and interview (as per the calendar of activities). Admission will be offered to the deserving candidates depending on the number of seats available for the academic year.
NIFT 2022 Seat Intake
National Institute of Fashion Technology has divided its total number of seats across its 17 institutes and into a different category of candidates. Candidates can have a look at the number of seats available for the 10 courses, that it offers from below. Candidates can check seat details from below (As per last year).
|Name of the campus||Total number of seats|
NIFT 2022 Reservation Policy
The Institute reserves the seats for the following category candidates:
|Category||Reseravtion of Seat|
|Supernumerary for State Domicile.||20%|
|Supernumerary for Foreign Nationals/ SAARC/NRI.||15%|
NIFT 2022 Fee Structure
Candidates can check the last year fee structure for reference to NIFT 2022 for the academic session 2022-2023 for all campuses and courses from the table below.
National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT)
Established in 1986, National Institute of Fashion Technology is the pionerring institute of fashion education in India. NIFT has total number of 18 campuses in India. The University Head office is NIFT Delhi. The Institute offers various bachelor’s and master’s program and candidate has to appear for the admission process for getting admission in any of these programmes.
- NIFT Delhi (university head office)
- NIFT Bengaluru
- NIFT Bhopal
- NIFT Bhubaneswar
- NIFT Chennai
- NIFT Gandhinagar
- NIFT Hyderabad
- NIFT Jodhpur
- NIFT Varanasi (planned)
- NIFT Kangra
- NIFT Kannur
- NIFT Kolkata
- NIFT Mumbai
- NIFT Patna
- NIFT Raebareli
- NIFT Shillong
- NIFT Srinagar
- NIFT Panchkula
Official Website: www.nift.ac.in
For information on NIFT 2022 Admission and Entrance Exam, Download following Documents:
NIFT 2022 Exam Frequently Asked Questions
Ans : For admission into NIFT, candidates have to appear for NIFT entrance exam.
Ans : To apply for the exam, candidates need to fill the online application form on the official website.
Ans : The upper age limit to apply for admission is 24 years. Candidate must be of 24 years or below.
Ans : Candidates are shortlisted on the basis of performance in NIFT 2022.
Ans : The exam is conducted in pen and paper mode.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.