NIFT 2021 Result – The result for the B.Des is prepared based on the 50% weightage of the CAT exam and 30% weightage of the GAT exam. The result is declared on 9 June out of 80%. National Institute of Fashion and Technology (NIFT) has announced NIFT 2021 result for B.Des, M.Des, MFM, M.F.Tech , B.F.Tech courses. Candidates can check the result online, at nift.ac.in. The candidates can check the result from the link below, by entering roll number, date of birth, and application number. Candidates who qualify the exam shall be called for situation test/group discussion and personal interview. Check more details on NIFT 2021 result from this page.
– NIFT has released the Ph.D Admission 2021 Result of Written Examination. Scroll down to check it.
– NIFT has released the result of written test (CAT and GAT) of Domicile Candidates of J&K/ Ladakh for B.Des admission 2021. Scroll down to check it.
– NIFT has released the provisional shortlisting for Foreign Nationals, SAARC, NRI and OCI admission 2021. Scroll down to check it.
– NIFT has released a notification as per the received queries about the methodology used in the preparation of the B.Des result. Click here to check the details.
– NIFT 2021 Final Result for B.Des, M.Des., MFM & MFTech Programmes and B.F.Tech Course is out now. Scroll down to get the link.
– NIFT 2021 Result for B.Des, M.Des, MFM, MFT have been announced. Scroll down to check it.
NIFT 2021 Result
Candidates are given admission in the colleges of NIFT after the final result is released. A merit list is prepared on the basis of which admission is given. Candidates can check the important dates of the NIFT 2021 result from the schedule table given below.
|NIFT 2021 result||Dates|
|Declaration of NIFT Result 2021 for B.Des, M.Des, MFM, and MFT courses||17 Mar 2021|
|Declaration of NIFT Result 2021 for B.F.Tech||27 May 2021|
|Situation test/group discussion/personal interview|
|Announcement of the NIFT 2021 final result|
02 Jun 2021 – M.Des., MFM & MFTech Programmes
09 Jun 2021 – B.Des course
29 Jun 2021 – Domicile Candidates of J&K/ Ladakh for B.Des. Programs
|Written Exam Result for Ph.D||2nd week of August 2021|
(8th to 14th August 2021)
– Click here to check the NIFT Result 2021 for Ph.D Admission 2021 Result of Written Examination
– Click here to check the NIFT Result 2021 for Domicile Candidates of J&K/ Ladakh for B.Des. Programs.
– Click here to check the Provisional Result for Foreign Nationals/SAARC/NRI/OCI
– Click here to check the NIFT Result 2021 for B.Des. Programs.
– Click here to check the NIFT Result 2021 for M.Des., MFM & MFTech Programmes.
– Click here to check the NIFT Result 2021 for B.F.Tech Final Result.
– Click here to check NIFT Result 2021 for CAT, GAT exams of B.Des, M.Des, MFM, MFT.
How to Check NIFT 2021 Result?
Candidate shall check the below mentioned step by step guide in order to check their result.
Step 1: The very action that must be taken by the candidate is to click on the link given on this page below the schedule table section.
Step 2: Next the below looking window opens, here the candidates have to enter any 2 of the below given details:
- Roll Number
- Date of birth
- Application number
Step 3: Submit the details. On doing so, result appear on the screen. Check it and download it for future reference.
NIFT 2021 Selection Procedure
National Institute of Fashion Technology selects the candidates on the basis of the following criteria.
1) The first step of the selection process is the written test which is either creative ability test (CAT) or general ability test (GAT).
- GAT examination is for those candidates who have applied for B.F.Tech program. For B.F.Tech candidates, written test is the final selection criteria.
- GAT examination is also conducted for M.F.Tech and MFM candidates.
- GAT and CAT is conducted for B.Desh and M.Desh candidates.
2) Candidates are called for further rounds on the basis of their score in the written test.
3) B.Desh candidates had to be called for the situation test after they qualify the written test. But due to the COVID pandemic the situation test had been cancelled. The result for the B.Des is prepared based on the 50% weightage of the CAT exam and 30% weightage of the GAT exam. The result is declared on 9 June out of 80%.
4) M.F.Tech, M.Desh and MFM candidates are called for group discussion and personal interview.
NIFT 2021 Weightage
The round weightage for all the courses are given below.
Bachelor of Design
- CAT – 50%
- GAT – 30%
Master of Design
- CAT- 40%
- GAT- 30%
- GD / PI- 30%
Bachelor of fashion technology
- GAT- 100%
Master of fashion technology
- GAT- 70%
- GD / PI- 30%
Master of fashion management
- GAT- 70%
- GD / PI- 30%
Reservation Policy For NIFT 2021 Admission
The reservation applicable during the final admission is mentioned below, for all the categories.
- 15% for SC category.
- 7.5% for ST category.
- 27% for OBC category.
- 5% for PwD candidates.
- 20% Supernumerary for State Domicile.
- 15% Supernumerary for Foreign Nationals/ SAARC/NRI.
NIFT 2021 Counseling
On the basis of the names appearing in the NIFT 2021 merit list, a candidate shall be further asked to report to the allotted center at allotted date and time. NIFT authorities in this rouns shall verify the documents provided at the time of applying online. Only after this round, a candidate will be full and finally be given their desired seat at their desired NIFT center. These are the documents which will be verified:
|Class 12 Marksheet and Passing Certificate||If result yet to be announced – datasheet/admit card of the qualifying exam|
|Bank Draft(s) of requisite fee in favor of “NIFT HO”||Date of Birth Proof|
|Category Certificate (if applicable)||Income Statement of Parents|
|Anti Ragging Certificate and other annexures.||Medical Certificate|
National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT)
One of the pioneer Indian institute which offers professional training and education related to fashion and its industry, National Institute of Fashion Technology was started in the year 1986. This institute offers 10 courses in UG, PG and Doctorate level across its 16 campuses. For the admission purpose, it conducts CAT, GAT, Situation Test and GD/PI, depending on the course, a candidate wants to apply for. With its vision to provide a learning experience of the apex level in the field of design, technology, and management, NIFT provides some of the top-notch facilities in terms of classrooms, labs, workshops, amphitheater, auditorium, cafeteria, on-campus medical aid, etc. For all the meritorious candidates, NIFT offers Merit cum Merit Financial Assistance Scheme. Note that, it also offers Student Assistantship Programme on campus.
NIFT 2021 Result Frequently Asked Questions
Ans : Result is announced online and candidates are given admission on the basis of the merit list prepared.
Ans : After the exam result is published on the website and candidates will be able to check the result using roll number or date of birth or application number.
Ans: On the basis of the NIFT GAT, CAT 2021 result, candidates will be shortlisted for the admission.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.