NIFT 2020 Result – National Institute of Fashion and Technology (NIFT) has announced NIFT 2020 result for BDes, MDes, MTech, and MFM courses. The result has been announced online, on nift.ac.in. The candidates can check the result from the link below, by entering roll number, date of birth, and application number. Candidates who qualify the exam shall be called for situation test/group discussion and personal interview. Check more details on NIFT 2020 result from this page.
– NIFT has released the B.Des result in the order of common merit rank for Artisans/Children of Artisans. Scroll down to check.
– NIFT has released the B.Des result in the order of common merit rank for J&K special exam. Scroll down to check.
– NIFT 2020 final result has been announced for M.Des, MFM and MFT. Check it from the link below.
NIFT 2020 Result
Candidates are given admission in the colleges of NIFT after the final result is released. A merit list is prepared on the basis of which admission is given. Candidates can check the important dates of the NIFT 2020 result from the schedule table given below.
|NIFT 2020 result||Dates|
|NIFT 2020 written test result releases in||13 Mar 2020|
|Online interview Registration Process|
|NIFT 2020 final merit list||25 Jun 2020|
|Online interview Commence From||26 Jun 2020|
|NIFT 2020 final merit list M.Des, MFM and MFT||16 Jun 2020|
– Click here to download the Result cum common merit rank for Artisans/Children of Artisans.
– Click here to download the Result cum common merit rank for B.Des J&K special exam.
– Click Here to check NIFT 2020 result.
– Click here to check the Final Result for B.Des.
– Click here to check the Final Result for M.Des, MFM and MFT.
How to Check NIFT 2020 Result?
Candidate shall check the below mentioned step by step guide in order to check their result.
Step 1: The very action that must be taken by the candidate is to click on the link given on this page below the schedule table section.
Step 2: Next the below looking window opens, here the candidates have to enter any 2 of the below given details:
- Roll Number
- Date of birth
- Application number
Step 3: Submit the details. On doing so, result appear on the screen. Check it and download it for future reference.
NIFT 2020 Selection Procedure
National Institute of Fashion Technology selects the candidates on the basis of the following criteria.
1) The first step of the selection process is the written test which is either creative ability test (CAT) or general ability test (GAT).
- GAT examination is for those candidates who have applied for B.F.Tech program. For B.F.Tech candidates, written test is the final selection criteria.
- GAT examination is also conducted for M.F.Tech and MFM candidates.
- GAT and CAT is conducted for B.Desh and M.Desh candidates.
2) Candidates are called for further rounds on the basis of their score in the written test.
3) B.Desh candidates are called for the situation test after they qualify the written test.
4) M.F.Tech, M.Desh and MFM candidates are called for group discussion and personal interview.
NIFT 2020 Weightage
The round weightage for all the courses are given below.
Bachelor of Design
- CAT – 50%
- GAT – 30%
- Situation test – 20%
Master of Design
- CAT- 40%
- GAT- 30%
- GD / PI- 30%
Bachelor of fashion technology
- GAT- 100%
Master of fashion technology
- GAT- 70%
- GD / PI- 30%
Master of fashion management
- GAT- 70%
- GD / PI- 30%
Reservation Policy For NIFT 2020 Admission
The reservation applicable during the final admission is mentioned below, for all the categories.
- 15% for SC category.
- 7.5% for ST category.
- 27% for OBC category.
- 5% for PwD candidates.
- 20% Supernumerary for State Domicile.
- 15% Supernumerary for Foreign Nationals/ SAARC/NRI.
NIFT 2020 Counseling
On the basis of the names appearing in the NIFT 2020 merit list, a candidate shall be further asked to report to the allotted center at allotted date and time. NIFT authorities in this rouns shall verify the documents provided at the time of applying online. Only after this round, a candidate will be full and finally be given their desired seat at their desired NIFT center. These are the documents which will be verified:
|Class 12 Marksheet and Passing Certificate||If result yet to be announced – datasheet/admit card of the qualifying exam|
|Bank Draft(s) of requisite fee in favor of “NIFT HO”||Date of Birth Proof|
|Category Certificate (if applicable)||Income Statement of Parents|
|Anti Ragging Certificate and other annexures.||Medical Certificate|
National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT)
One of the pioneer Indian institute which offers professional training and education related to fashion and its industry, National Institute of Fashion Technology was started in the year 1986. This institute offers 10 courses in UG, PG and Doctorate level across its 16 campuses. For the admission purpose, it conducts CAT, GAT, Situation Test and GD/PI, depending on the course, a candidate wants to apply for. With its vision to provide a learning experience of the apex level in the field of design, technology, and management, NIFT provides some of the top-notch facilities in terms of classrooms, labs, workshops, amphitheater, auditorium, cafeteria, on-campus medical aid, etc. For all the meritorious candidates, NIFT offers Merit cum Merit Financial Assistance Scheme. Note that, it also offers Student Assistantship Programme on campus.
NIFT 2020 Result Frequently Asked Questions
Ans : Result is announced online and candidates are given admission on the basis of the merit list prepared.
Ans : After the exam result is published on the website and candidates will be able to check the result using roll number or date of birth or application number.
Ans : NIFT 2020 written test result releases in 1st week of Mar 2020
Ans : NIFT 2020 final merit list will get released in 3rd week of May 2020.
Ans : On the basis of the names appearing in the NIFT 2020 merit list, a candidate shall be further asked to report to the allotted center. NIFT authorities in this round shall verify the documents provided at the time of applying online.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.