Symbiosis Entrance Test (SET) 2018 is looked forward to be held by SIU. The Symbiosis Entrance Test is a written test conducted for admission at undergraduate institutes of Symbiosis International University (SIU). Admission in various SIU will be on the basis of performance in the SET 2018.
If you were looking for Symbiosis National Aptitude Test (SNAP) 2017, click here.
In some institutes of SIU, SET 2018 will be a mandatory written test, however, few institutes of Symbiosis International University does not use its scores. The entrance test is only the first step, as each Symbiosis institute has its own independent selection. For the purpose of filling the seats in various Symbiosis institutes, applicants are invited to apply for the desired undergraduate course. The registration for symbiosis is likely to start from last week of December and the last date for submitting the application form shall be the second week of April. Check all the information on Symbiosis Entrance Test 2018 in this article.
|Registration shall begin from||Last week of December 2017|
|Last date for registration||Second week of April 2018|
|Last date for making payment||Third week of April 2018|
|Availability of Admit Card||Third week of April 2018|
|SET 2018 Examination||First week of of May 2018|
|Result to be declared||Third week of May 2018|
|Online payment closes for institutes||Fourth week of May, 2018|
|Declaration of institute short Listing for PI-WAT||Fourth week of May, 2018|
|Conduct of PI-WAT||Last week of May, 2018 to first week of June 2018|
SET Test Quick Links
Please note that official details of SET 2018 have not yet been announced. Information on this page is as per previous year brochure and only for reference of such candidates who have started looking for details to get an idea of SET 2018. As soon as Symbiosis University releases SET 2018 information brochure, details will be updated here.
Overview of Symbiosis Entrance Test 2018
SET 2018 is a mandatory test for admission to the undergraduate programmes at the following Symbiosis Institutes:
- Symbiosis Law School – [SLS] – Pune
- Symbiosis Law School – [SLS] – Noida
- Symbiosis Institute of Computers Studies and Research – [SICSR]
- Symbiosis Centre for Management Studies – [SCMS] – Pune
- Symbiosis Center for Media & Communication- [SCMC]
- Symbiosis School of Economics – [SSE]
- Symbiosis Centre for Management Studies – [SCMS] – NOIDA
- Symbiosis Institute of Design – [SID]
- Symbiosis School of Liberal Arts – [SSLA]
- Symbiosis Law School [SLS] – Hyderabad
- Symbiosis School of Culinary Arts – [SSCA]
NOTE: Symbiosis Institute of Technology also admits students on the basis of their JEE Main rank.
However as mentioned there are few institutes in which SET is not mandatory. The name of such institutes are:
- Symbiosis institute of Technology (SIT)
- Symbiosis Institute of Health Sciences (SIHS).
- Symbiosis College of Nursing (SCON).
- Symbiosis School of Photography (SSP).
- Symbiosis School for Liberal Arts (SSLA):- (For International Baccalaureate (IB) students are exempt from SET)
For these institutes admission procedure, visit these institutes’ official website.
SET 2018 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for SET 2018 is given below:
- B.Tech – Passed in 10+2 examination and obtained at least 45% marks. For reserved category, it shall be 40% reserved category. Admission in B.Tech will also be acceptable on the basis of JEE Main score
- BA./BBA.LLB – Pass/Appearing in XII (10+2) examination with a minimum of 45% marks. For SC/ST candidates it shall be 40%
- BCA – Pass XII standard examination or equivalent/ Diploma in Engineering/Technology with a minimum of 50% marks. For SC/ST candidates it shall be 45%.
- BBA – Must have passed XII or equivalent examination with 50% marks (45% for SC/ST).
- B.Sc – Must have passed class 12th or equivalent.
- B.Des – Must have passed 10+2 or equivalent OR 10+3 diploma
SET 2018 Registration Process
In order to register for the SET 2018, candidates have to apply online at www.set-test.org. You can apply for one paper from morning session (Law or Design) and one from afternoon session (Engineering or Health Sciences). This will generate a SET ID. To complete the registration process, applicants will be required to fill in all the details as required in the on-line application form. The application form has to be submitted with all details filled in on or before the last date. Any application form submitted after the last date will not be accepted. At the time of registration you may need to upload a scanned copy of the coloured passport size photograph as per the required size and format.
After filling in all the details on the application online, make payment for the test fees. The test fee to be paid is Rs 1500/-. The test fee is non-refundable.
Mode of Payment
You can pay the test fee from either of the following modes:
- Online Payment through Credit Card (Master or Visa), Net Banking,
- Challan payment at Axis Bank/ Indian Bank
Alongwith the application form, candidates have to upload the following documents at the time of online application form:
- 10th or equivalent final mark sheet.
- 10+2 or equivalent final mark sheet.
- Predicted Score or Pre Board Marks (If awaiting for final results)
- Class 12th Hall Ticket (If waiting for 12th final results)
- Photocopy of Valid Passport
- Portfolio (Applicable only for students who wish to apply to Bachelor of Design Programme)
- Statement of Purpose
- 2 Letters of Recommendations in original
- English Proficiency Test (Not applicable to NRI students)
- Payment Proof of Application Fee (If you are paying fee by SWIFT/NEFT/RTGS Transfer, Upload scan copy transaction.)
SET 2018 Admit Card
The admit card for SET 2018 will be available for download from the SET website. The admit card shall be issued from the third week of April 2018. It is important to bring admit card to appear for the examination. No candidate will be allowed to sit for the test without an admit card. Ensure that your latest passport size photograph is pasted on the admit card. The admit card will be authorised the invigilator at the examination centre. The admit card will contain details of the date and time, venue of the examination. The Symbiosis Entrance Test 2018 Admit Card is an authenticated document that must be preserved until the admission process is not over, In case the admit card is lost, duplicate admit cards will not be issued. To avoid such issues, take a 2-3 printout of the admit card.
Along with the admit card you will need to produce the following documents for photo identification proof:
- Driving license
- College/ Institute Identity Card
- Credit card with photograph
- Voter ID Card
- Pan Card
- AADHAR Card (UID)
Test Cities for SET 2018
The test for SET shall be conducted in 21 cities. You may choose any one city as per your preference.
Symbiosis Entrance Test Exam Pattern
Mode of Exam: Pen & Paper mode
Type: Objective type test
Duration of the test: 2 ½ hours
Negative Marking: There is no negative marking for SET.
Institutes: The constituent institutes use scores of the following details for admission.
Session: The exam will be organised in two sessions: morning and afternoon.
|S.No||Section||Number of Questions||Total Marks|
|4||Analytical & logical Reasoning||30||30|
SET 2018 Result
The result for Symbiosis Entrance Test will be declared few weeks after the examination. The result is likely to be announced in the last week of May 2018. The result will be published on the official portal of Symbiosis. Each institute releases its own cut off according to their preference. After the result is declared the Institute conducts its own selection process (PI- WAT) for shortlisted candidates.
Symbiosis 2018 Counselling
Each Symbiosis institutes conduct their own independent selection process for the short-listed candidates. The schedule for counselling will be published on the official site of the Institute for which you have paid for. After SET, the candidate will have to qualify the Personal Interaction and Writing Ability Test (PI – WAT). On the basis of the performance in entrance test and PI- WAT, the candidate will get admission in their filled choice.
Symbiosis 2018 Admission
Only those candidates who will attend the entrance test and PI-WAT will be considered as eligible for generation merit/wait/reject list. If a candidate has applied to seek admission in Engineering and Health Sciences on the basis of test (such as JEE Main 2017), other than SET 2017, then there is no need to register for SET, rather he/she can apply directly to the concerned Institution
|Institutions for which SET will be Mandatory|
|1||Symbiosis Law School (SLS), Pune||Bachelor of Arts & Bachelor of Laws (B.A. LL.B.) Bachelor of Business Administration and Bachelor of Laws (B.B.A. LL.B.)|
|2||Symbiosis Law School (SLS), Hyderabad|
|3||Symbiosis Law School (SLS), Noida|
|4||Symbiosis Institute of Design (SID), Pune||Bachelor of Design (B. Des)|
|5||Symbiosis Institute of Computers Studies and Research (SICSR), Pune||Bachelor of Computer Applications (BCA) Bachelor of Business Administration Information Technology (BBA -IT)|
|6||Symbiosis Centre for Management Studies (SCMS), Pune||Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)|
|7||Symbiosis Centre for Management Studies (SCMS), Noida|
|8||Symbiosis Center for Media & Communication (SCMC), Pune||Bachelor of Media Studies (BMS)|
|9||Symbiosis School of Economics (SSE), Pune||Bachelor of Science (Economics)|
|10||Symbiosis School of Liberal Arts (SSLA), Pune||Bachelor of Arts (B.A)
Bachelor of Science (B. Sc)
|Institutions for which SET will be not mandatory|
|1||Symbiosis institute of Technology (SIT), Pune||Bachelor of Technology (B. Tech)|
|2||Symbiosis Institute of Health Sciences (SIHS), Pune||Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.)|
|3||Symbiosis College of Nursing (SCON), Pune||Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.)|
|4||Symbiosis School of Photography (SSP), Pune||Bachelor of Arts (BA)|
|5||Symbiosis School for Liberal Arts (SSLA), Pune||Bachelor of Arts (B.A)
Bachelor of Science (B. Sc)
Symbiosis Admission Quick Links
- Symbiosis Law School (SLS) Pune
- Symbiosis Law School (SLS) Noida
- Symbiosis Institute of Computer Studies and Research (SICSR)
- Symbiosis Centre for Media & Communication (SCMC UG)
- Symbiosis Center for Management Studies (SCMS) Noida
- Symbiosis Centre for Management Studies (SCMS UG) Pune
- Symbiosis School of Liberal Arts (SSLA)
- Symbiosis School of Economics (SSE)
- Symbiosis Institute of Design (SID)
- Symbiosis Law School [SLS] – Hyderabad
- Symbiosis Institute of Health Sciences (SIHS)
- Symbiosis Institute of Technology (SIT)
- Symbiosis College of Nursing (SCON)
- Symbiosis School of Photography (SSP).
- Symbiosis School for Liberal Arts (SSLA) :- [For International Baccalaureate (IB) students are exempt from SET].