The Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) is the exam conducting body for All India Entrance Examination for Admission (AIEEA). ICAR AIEEA UG is held for admission of candidates in undergraduate agricultural courses. Through AIEEA UG, the candidates are offered admission in courses such as B.Sc (Hons) Forestry, B.Sc (hons) Community Science, B.Sc (hons) Agriculture, B.Tech Food Technology, etc. To apply for AIEEA UG, the aspirants first must check the eligibility criteria,
AIEEA UG will have questions from subjects such as Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biology, and Agriculture.
ICAR AIEEA UG
It is a national level entrance exam in which questions are based on official ICAR exam syllabus. First of all, take a look at following important ICAR exam date.
|ICAR AIEEA UG||Exam Dates|
|ICAR AIEEA UG 2018||19 Aug 2018|
|ICAR AIEEA UG 2019||3rd week of Aug 2019|
|ICAR AIEEA UG 2020||4th week of June 2020|
ICAR conducts three exams: AIEEA UG, AIEEA PG, AICE JRF SRF PGS. Here we are talking about the UG entrance exams; for other.
The various courses offered are as follows:
|Sr. No.||Course Name|
|1.||B.Sc (hons) Forestry|
|2.||B.Sc (hons) Horticulture|
|3.||B.Sc (hons) Community Science|
|4.||B.Sc (hons) Sericulture|
|5.||B.Sc (hons) Agriculture|
|6.||B.Tech Agricultural Engineering|
|8.||B.Tech Food Technology|
|9.||B.Tech Bio Technology|
|10.||B.Tech Dairy Technology|
|11.||Food Nutrition and Dietetics|
ICAR AIEEA UG Eligibility Criteria
Indian Council of Agricultural Research has announced eligibility criteria for admission to undergraduate programs through 23rd AIEEA UG . It is as follows:
Qualifying exam: You should have passed (or appearing) 10+2 exam from a recognized board. Your aggregate score should be at least 50% (if you are belonging to general / OBC NCL / UPS category) or 40% (if you are belonging to SC / ST / PC category).
|Subjects which you must have passed in 10+2||Subjects you need to attempt in entrance examination|
|B.Sc. (Hons.) Agriculture||PCB / PCMB / PCM / Inter-Agriculture||PCB / PCM / PCA / ABC|
|B.Sc. (Hons.) Horticulture||PCB / PCMB / PCM / Inter-Agriculture||PCB / PCM / PCA / ABC|
|B.F.Sc.||PCB / PCMB / Inter-Agriculture||PCB / PCA / ABC|
|B.Sc. (Hons.) Forestry||PCB / PCMB / Inter-Agriculture||PCB / PCA / ABC|
|B.Sc. (Hons.) Community Science||PCB / PCMB / PCM||PCB / PCM|
|Food Nutrition and Dietetics||PCB / PCMB / PCM||PCB / PCM|
|B.Sc. (Hons.) Sericulture||PCB / PCMB / PCM||PCB / PCM|
|B. Tech. Agricultural Engineering||PCM /PCMB||PCM|
|B. Tech. Dairy Technology||PCM /PCMB||PCM|
|B. Tech. Food Technology||PCM /PCMB||PCM|
|B. Tech. Bio- Technology||PCM / PCMB / PCB||PCM / PCB|
P: Physics , C: Chemistry,M: Mathematics,B: Biology,A: Agriculture,F: Forestry
Age and nationality: You should be an Indian national. Your age should be at least 16 years.
ICAR AIEEA UG Application Form
Online forms is issued by ICAR. the application process was over on the official site of ICAR. It is advised that the candidates should fill in all the details in the application form very carefully. Any incorrect or invalid information may lead to rejection of the application forms. Also, the candidates might have to upload a photograph which should be recent passport size colored, thumb impression (left for male/right for female) and signature. Candidates are advised that they should take the print out of the confirmation page of the application form. The application fees for various categories of students vary accordingly and the candidates have to pay the fee by the means of Net Banking.
ICAR AIEEA UG Syllabus
The exam syllabus is always given in official information brochure.It is better to study all topics given in the syllabus to improve chances of scoring well.
ICAR exam syllabus contains: physics (20 units), chemistry (35 units), biology (9 units), mathematics (10 units), agriculture (4 units). Depending upon which courses you plan to study after 12th class, you will appear in PCM/PCB/PCA/ABC subjects.
ICAR AIEEA UG Examination Pattern
The exam pattern is as follows:
- 2 ½ hours is the duration of the exam.
- The language of the question paper will be Bilingual i.e. English and Hindi.
- Five subjects including Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biology and Agriculture will be contained in the single question paper booklet. Out of these 5 subjects, the candidate has to choose only three subjects.
- 60 multiple choice questions will be asked for each subject and there will be four options for each question. The aspirants have to attempt only 180 questions as per subject combination selected.
- Maximum marks of the test will be 720 marks.
- 4 marks will be awarded for each correct response.
- 1 mark will be deducted for each wrong answer.
- If a question is not attempted then the aspirant will get no marks for that particular question & no marks will be deducted as well.
- If the candidate marks more than one answer for a single response then such response will be deemed as incorrect answer and will invite negative marking.
ICAR AIEEA Counselling
Category-wise final merit list is also be prepared after the declaration of the result. Students selected in this merit list will be called for AIEEA counselling. The list shall contain details of the candidate and the date when they need to appear for the counselling. The applicants will also have to fill the counseling form and they need to produce a copy of their Counselling intimation letter. Also, the fees for counseling and the rest of the documents as mentioned below are also important for the counseling purpose.
AIEEA Counselling Documents
Candidates need to produce a list of documents in original and set of self attested photocopies of each of the following:
- All certificates and mark sheets/grade reports, in original of Class 10th and 12th
- Transfer Certificate/School Leaving Certificate
- Character Certificate from the School last attended.
- SC, ST and non-creamy layer of OBC categories have to provide original Certificate as per Central Govt. requirements and issued by Competent Authority.
- In case of Physically Challenged (PC) candidates have to provide a medical certificate issued by Medical Officer of any Government Hospital with description of the kind and the degree of disability.
- Birth Certificate, in case if Date of Birth is not mentioned in the Class 10th certificate.
- e- Admit Card in original
- Counselling call/invitation letter from ICAR in original.
- Three recent coloured passport size photographs with name and date same as the one submitted on the application form.
- Domicile certificate.
- Authority letter/undertaking if the candidate is unable to attend the counseling personally.
Admission Process through ICAR Entrance Examination
- On the basis of the published overall merit-rank, the candidate will be allowed to take admission in a specific degree programme at an Agricultural University as per his/her choice and availability of seat at that merit-rank. The admission will be through a process of online counseling.
- After the admission in allotted university or after counseling, change in the subject/university or transfer/migration would not be entertained under any circumstances. Any request for this may even lead to cancellation of admission of such student.
- Aspirants selected for admission through AIEEA, conducted by ICAR, may seek admission only during the session for which the Examination has been conducted.
- Female candidates admitted through this examination on ICAR seats should be accommodated, to the extent possible, in the main campus of the University or in the campus located in a major city where there are adequate facilities for the stay of female students.
- In case, at any stage of the admission process, it is found that the documents submitted by the candidate are fake/ forged, admission of such candidate will be forfeited and he/she shall be liable for consequential legal action.