WBJEE 2023 was conducted on 30 April 2023. The West Bengal Joint Entrance Exam (WBJEE) is a State level Engineering entrance exam. It is organized by West Bengal Joint Entrance Exam Board (WBJEEB) for admission to B.Tech, B.Arch, B.Pharm in Universities, Govt. Colleges and Self-Financed Institutes in the State of West Bengal. If you want to appear in WBJEE exam then register before last date. Then download WBJEE admit card. After exam, check answer key and then WBJEE 2023 result.
Latest – WBJEE 2023 result has been released. Get the link to check the result here.
What is WBJEE exam?
The full form of WBJEE is West Bengal Joint Entrance Exam. It is organized by West Bengal Joint Entrance Exam Board at a State level. You can get admission in B.Tech, B.Arch, B.Pharm in Universities, Govt. Colleges and Self-Financed Institutes in the State of West Bengal through this exam.
- Sample Papers
- Previous Year Question Papers
- Application Form
- Application Correction
- Admit Card
- Answer Key
- OMR Sheet and Recorded Responses
WBJEE 2023 Exam Date
WBJEEB decides and announces the exam date of WBJEE 2023. Note the following dates. However, also check wbjeeb.nic.in regularly for any changes in schedule.
|Release of WBJEE 2023 application form||23 Dec 2022|
|Last date to apply online at wbjeeb.nic.in||20 Jan 2023|
|Online Correction and Downloading Revised Confirmation Page||22 – 24 Jan 2023|
|WBJEE 2023 admit card release date||20 Apr 2023|
|WBJEE 2023 Exam Date||30 April 2023|
|WBJEE 2023 Exam Timings – Paper 1||11 am to 1 pm|
|WBJEE 2023 Exam Timings – Paper 2||2 pm to 4 pm|
|Release of official model answer key||10 May 2023|
|Dates of registering challenge on model Answer Key||Upto 13 May 2023 (11:59 pm)|
|WBJEE 2023 OMR and Recorded Responses||17 May 2023|
|Last date to raise objections against OMR and Recorded Responses||20 May 2023 up to 4:00 pm|
|Date of uploading Final Answer Key||25 May 2023|
|WBJEE 2023 result announcement||26 May 2023|
Important Downloads and Official Links
- Information Bulletin
- Tathya Pustika
- Registration Manual
- Recognized Boards/Councils
- Proformas for Certificates
- Important Instructions
- Rules of examination
- Examination zones
WBJEE 2023 – Overview
Highlights of the examination are as follows.
|Name of Exam||WBJEE 2023|
|Full Form of WBJEE||West Bengal Joint Entrance Exam|
|Full Form of WBJEEB||West Bengal Joint Entrance Exam Board|
|Level of Exam||State|
|Type of Exam||Engineering Entrance Exam|
|Courses Where Admission is Through WBJEE||B.Tech, B.Arch, B.Pharm|
|Colleges Where Admission is Through WBJEE||Universities, Govt. Colleges and Self-Financed Institutes in the State of West Bengal|
|Minimum Educational Qualification||Class 12|
|Mode of Exam||Offline – OMR based|
|Type of Questions||MCQ|
|Number of Questions||75 in Maths, 40 each in Physics and Chemistry|
|Total Marks||100 in Maths, 50 each in Physics and Chemistry|
|Marking Scheme||Varies for category 1, 2, 3 questions|
|Exam Duration||Maths – 02 Hrs PC – 02 Hrs|
|Subjects in Question Paper||Physics, Chemistry, Maths|
If you will appear in WBJEE exam, then you should know the mode, important topics, question distribution, marking scheme. This is the WBJEE exam pattern.
The exam pattern is as follows
- Mode of Exam – The exam is a Offline – OMR based.
- Question type – The questions are MCQ.
- Number of Questions – There are 75 in Maths, 40 each in Physics and Chemistry.
- Total Marks – Maximum marks in the WBJEE is 100 in Maths, 50 each in Physics and Chemistry.
- Exam Duration – The entrance exam is of Maths – 02 Hrs PC – 02 Hrs.
Paper 1 and Paper 2 –
- Paper 1 is Mathematics. Paper 2 is Physics and Chemistry.
- Candidates appearing in both paper-I and paper-II are eligible for both General Merit Rank (GMR) as well as Pharmacy Merit Rank (PMR). Such candidates are considered for admission in all courses.
- Candidates appearing only in paper- II are eligible for PMR only. Such candidates are considered for admission into Pharmacy courses only (except in Jadavpur University).
- Candidates appearing only in paper-I are not eligible for any rank
|Type of Qs||Only one option is correct.||Only one option is correct||One or more options is/are correct.|
|Marks for correct answer||1||2||2|
|Marks for incorrect answer||-1/4||-1/2||None|
|Combination of answers||For any combination of more than one option, even if it contains the|
correct option, the said answer will be treated as incorrect and will yield -¼ (negative ¼) marks.
|For any combination of more than one option, even if it contains the correct option, the said answer will be treated as incorrect and will yield -1/2 (25% negative) marks||For any combination of answers containing one or more incorrect options, the said answer will be treated as incorrect, and it will yield zero (0) mark even if one or more of the chosen options is/are correct.|
For partially correct answers, i.e., when all correct options are not marked and also no incorrect options are marked, marks awarded = 2 × (no of correct options marked) / (total no of actually correct options).
WBJEE 2023 Syllabus
The syllabus of WBJEE exam includes topics from which questions will be asked in the question paper.
- You should study all topics in the WBJEE syllabus 2023.
- Also solve chapter wise questions to prepare for the West Bengal Joint Entrance Exam.
- To complete preparing the syllabus, solve WBJEE previous year question papers.
WBJEE Sample Papers
The WBJEE sample papers refer to model question papers. They are also key to this Engineering entrance exam preparation.
- The WBJEE 2023 sample paper by WBJEEB, if any, is official.
- However you can also use WBJEE sample question paper by other bodies.
- Sample question papers of West Bengal Joint Entrance Exam contain specimen questions based on latest WBJEE syllabus and pattern.
- Similarly you can also use WBJEE 2023 mock test.
WBJEE Previous Year Question Papers
The previous year question papers of WBJEE are very important part of preparation. Following are important details.
- WBJEE previous year question papers means the set of question papers that were actually asked in past exams.
- The WBJEE question paper contain exact questions that came in old exams.
- If you practice WBJEE previous year question paper then you can easily know difficulty level and ace the test.
- Therefore you should definitely solve WBJEE 2022 question paper and older year papers.
WBJEE 2023 Application Form
Any student who wishes to appear in the West Bengal Joint Entrance Exam needs to first fill up the application form. Important points are as follows.
- WBJEEB releases the WBJEE application form 2023 at wbjeeb.nic.in.
- Students should fill and submit the WBJEE online application form before the last date.
- In order to apply, one has to do the WBJEE 2023 registration, then enter details in the online form, upload documents required, and pay the fee.
- Also, only eligible students should apply for the West Bengal Joint Entrance Exam.
WBJEE 2023 Admit Card
The WBJEE admit card refers to the hall ticket. Following are its key details.
- Students who apply on time are issued the WBJEE admit card.
- WBJEEB releases the admit card at wbjeeb.nic.in.
- Only those students who show the admit card of WBJEE exam and other required documents on exam day get entry at the center.
- Therefore students should download the WBJEE admit card 2023 before exam date.
- The hall ticket contains exam date, time, center, guidelines for the West Bengal Joint Entrance Exam 2023.
WBJEE 2023 Answer Key
The answer key is the set of correct answers to the WBJEE 2023 question paper. When, where, how to get it is as follows.
- You can check the WBJEE answer key only after the exam ends.
- If WBJEEB releases the WBJEE official answer key, then you can download it at wbjeeb.nic.in.
- Follow instructions of the West Bengal Joint Entrance Exam Board to submit objections, and calculate marks using the WBJEE solutions.
WBJEE 2023 Result
All students who write the WBJEE 2023 exam eagerly wait for the result as soon as exam ends. Here is what you should know about the results:
- The West Bengal Joint Entrance Exam Board (WBJEEB) declares the WBJEE 2023 result.
- Moreover, official website for WBJEE 2023 result link is is wbjeeb.nic.in.
- Whereas the result date is as per WBJEEB calendar.
- In order to check WBJEE 2023 rank, you have to login at the link.
- Then, the score and rank of WBJEE exam decides your admission to B.Tech, B.Arch, B.Pharm courses.
The official Website is wbjeeb.nic.in.
If you have any queries on WBJEE 2023, then please ask in the comments below.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.
Leave a Reply