WBJEE Syllabus 2020 – Check and download WBJEE 2020 Syllabus for physics, chemistry, and mathematics from this page. The syllabus has been provided as pdf, so that the candidates can download it and refer to it while preparing for the exam. WBJEE syllabus has also been provided by WBJEE Board on the official website, wbjeeb.nic.in. In all, there are 155 questions in West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination and these are asked with the syllabus only. Scroll down for WBJEE Syllabus 2020, mock test, and details on the exam.
WBJEE 2020 Syllabus
It is important for the candidates to know the syllabus of any entrance exam so that they can prepare well for the exam. The syllabus of WBJEE is somewhat like syllabus of JEE Main but is much more compact. It is advised that candidates prepare for WBJEE as per the given syllabus only. Download WBJEE syllabus pdfs below.
WBJEE 2020 Mock Test
Mock test are the most recommended source of preparation. So, AglaSem has created mock test specifically for WBJEE aspirants. It is free of cost and candidates can prepare for WBJEE maths, physics, and chemistry via it. The link for WBJEE mock tests are given below.
|Mathematics||Click Here||2 hrs|
|Physics||Click Here||1 hrs|
|Chemistry||Click Here||1 hrs|
Best Books to Prepare for WBJEE 2020
Another best source to prepare for WBJEE 2020 are the books. There are numerous books available in the market and instead of jumping one book to another, candidates should stick to one of it. Some recommendation for WBJEE 2020 books is below, with the link to purchase it.
|Name of the book||Buying Link|
|WB JEE Chapterwise Explorer Engineering||Buy here|
|Objective Mathematics by RD Sharma||Buy here|
|Understanding Physics Series by DC Pandey||Buy here|
|Pradeep Objective Chemistry||Buy here|
WBJEE 2020 Exam Pattern
Now that the candidates know all about WBJEE 2020 syllabus, it is time to know a bit about WBJEE 2020 marking scheme.
WBJEE is an offline exam, in which candidates have to mark answers in OMR sheet. In all, there are 155 questions in the exam, which are asked from physics, chemistry, and maths. All questions are of multiple choice type.
It should be noted that under WBJEE, there are 2 papers for maths and physics-chemistry. These papers are divided into category I, II, and III.
- In category I and II, there is only 1 correct answer option for the exam.
- In category III, there can be more than 1 correct answer option for a question.
The questions and marks in these 3 category for each subject is as follows:
|Subject||Cat. 1||Cat. 2||Cat. 3|
Marking Scheme of WBJEE 2020 is the most important thing to understand about the exam. It different a bit for each category and is as follows:
|Category||Mark per Qs||Negative Marking per Qs|
Note: Though there is no negative marking in category III but since there can be multiple correct answers, candidates are only allocated 2 marks if both correct answer options have been selected.
- If only one correct answer has been choose then mark is allocated as per this formula —> 2 x (No of correct option marks + total no of correct options).
Preparation Based on WBJEE 2020 Syllabus
Candidates interested in appearing for the West Bengal Joint Entrance Exam 2020 must have started with their preparations already. We are sure that you not only want to get good marks but want to excel in the exam. A student’s preparation must start with grasping a thorough knowledge of the syllabus.
1. Studying from textbooks for WBJEE – Candidates must refer to the textbooks followed in school, specially NCERT textbooks. They must complete the syllabus and basics from textbooks at least three months before exams.
2. Problem solving for WBJEE preparation – the practice of question and solving of previous question paper is to be done side by side study of theory. After you complete one chapter, solve some problems of that chapter. Candidate must solve the WBJEE Previous Year Question Papers to know the level of exam and to increase the speed and efficiency.
3. Practice tests /mock tests/sample papers – It is important to solve the mock test regularly for especially one month prior to the exam. It will also boost your confidence.
West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination WBJEE is conducted by West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board. It is a state-level examination conducted in offline/ OMR based mode. The examination is usually conducted in the month of February. For WBJEE 2020, candidates are required to appear for 2 papers, Paper-1 Mathematics, and Paper-2 Combined physics and chemistry. There will be 155 MCQs types of questions in the exam.
West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board (WBJEEB) was established in 1962 by the Government of West Bengal. It was established to conduct Joint Entrance Examination for admission to various institutions in West Bengal imparting education in medical, engineering and technological courses. It conducts various entrance exam like WBJEE, PUBDET, PUMDET, EVETS, JELET, JENPAUH, JECA, JEHOM, JEEDEC, JESNU.WBJEE 2020
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.